Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Third World Reggin posted:

It just hit KR development / translation, so like two years?

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the sniper class has to move the cross hair to the target using wasd

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
https://youtu.be/WhMEEotwNKU

I think I'm most excited for cannons and hampsters

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Oh come on, no alpaca mount?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Third World Reggin posted:

That doesn't sound fun at all.

Its pretty fun when you're rounding up 15 mobs to blow the creep outta.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Last night I tried an experiment. I set up a buy shop with the name "The NPC Buys Talt for 5k" buying talt for 3k, and people sold me 22 talts. Today the shop will be named "NPCs buy talt for 5k, I will sell it to an NPC" and if people still sell me a lot of talt then I just do not know how to discourage people from giving me their silver. The shop is 1 screen length away from a vendor NPC in town.

I suppose next I will try naming an item "This is a scam" and then have the item description be "Dexterity +1000" and list it way overpriced and see if someone buys it.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 13, 2015

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Sacro posted:

Last night I tried an experiment. I set up a buy shop with the name "The NPC Buys Talt for 5k" buying talt for 3k, and people sold me 22 talts. Today the shop will be named "NPCs buy talt for 5k, I will sell it to an NPC" and if people still sell me a lot of talt then I just do not know how to discourage people from giving me their silver. The shop is 1 screen length away from a vendor NPC in town.

I suppose next I will try naming an item "This is a scam" and then have the item description be "Dexterity +1000" and list it way overpriced and see if someone buys it.

I love, kmmo

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

Sacro posted:

Update: 15 talts purchased with the shop name "NPCs buy talt for 5k, I will sell it to an NPC." New shop name "Talt. This is a scam, NPC buys it for 5k."

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Which server are you guys hanging out on? Is there any semblance of a guild system implemented yet?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

rip ded game etc....

Also, they announced a 2 week extension on this beta period and 2x EXP from mob/boss kills starting now until the end. :siren:
Milk the dungeons for all their worth/use your cards in between, and you can check out classes pretty easily now.

With the double EXP event, its even more important now to get early access to the crystal mines to advance ASAP.
All you have to do is hoof it to the mining village when you land in east woods before you do the story quests there. This allows you to enter the crystal mines without having to clear the wagons off the bridge first. Once you advance, you can just take the teleport statues right back and resume. Otherwise you hit j15 like 2 minutes into east woods and have to kill a bunch of stuff while locked out of j-experience.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 20, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Foppington posted:

Which server are you guys hanging out on? Is there any semblance of a guild system implemented yet?

We are on Zemyna.
Social stuff in game is iffy at best, click the link in the OP for Slack -- that is the chat program we use... always a few of us on.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Baldbeard posted:

rip ded game etc....

Also, they announced a 2 week extension on this beta period and 2x EXP from mob/boss kills starting now until the end. :siren:
Milk the dungeons for all their worth/use your cards in between, and you can check out classes pretty easily now.

I was a 1/2 hour of grinding away from being finished with the demon prison grind when they did the 2x exp. :shepicide:

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Man, I have just not been able to get a key to this game. I got into the Devilian closed beta so I've been playing through that but ugh :negative:

Looking forward to open beta kicking off

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Actually I don't think wanting to grind levels makes you hardcore. It just makes you more intelligent that the masses that managed to dumb down an entire genre.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Actually I don't think wanting to grind levels makes you hardcore. It just makes you more intelligent that the masses that managed to dumb down an entire genre.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I honestly don't mind a maplestory-esque grind every once in a while. Pop open a beer, put on a podcast, and zone out for a bit. Great way to relax during the week.

Unless you are one of those "must get to max level asap" types. Then I can see how a grind would upset you.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
400+ levels.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I actually dislike the "hit max level immediately; grind gear perpetually" mechanic that virtually every mmorpg uses nowadays.

Grinding levels is good, and it's cool that your progress grinding levels is only cheapened when new content is released as opposed to made obsolete.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I just want to make drugs and roast gems.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Green Dam posted:

I just want to make drugs and roast gems.

Nah, gotta go full diagaea and fight inside your weapons to make them better

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Item World is but a stepping stone on the path to AFK shop.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

To the surprise of no one it looks like nexon is completely bungling the korean launch of the game. It was a surprise launch, with cash shop hairstyles costing 30 bucks, while the game still has a poo poo ton of bugs and issues

E- also the game has a vip mode that allows you to train an extra trait at a time, gives you extra move speed, and allows you to post 5 items in the auction house instead of thr default 1. Yowza!

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 30, 2015

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah I just lost all interest in this game after reading that. Too bad. The potential was there.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
So...how's the private server scene these days?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Nexon is not the publisher for the Western release though.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
That doesn't mean the changes made to the game's native version to support the publisher's demand won't have an affect on ours. We may very well be spared of that VIP nonsense, but launching monetization immediately to the detriment of whatever ongoing effort remains to fix bugs before launch isn't a great sign of what's to come for us.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

RIP

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

If nothing else, we'll always have that totally sick soundtrack to listen to.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm still gonna play it, at least until I get bored. If Maple can somewhat recover from the depths it fell to, I feel confident a much newer game could easily improve itself. :v:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well, this is a bummer.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cao Ni Ma posted:

To the surprise of no one it looks like nexon is completely bungling the korean launch of the game. It was a surprise launch, with cash shop hairstyles costing 30 bucks, while the game still has a poo poo ton of bugs and issues

E- also the game has a vip mode that allows you to train an extra trait at a time, gives you extra move speed, and allows you to post 5 items in the auction house instead of thr default 1. Yowza!

30 dollar haircut :psyduck:

I pay less than that for my own haircut

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I hope it's a rental haircut. May as well go all the way bad

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

:(

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Nexon MMO
Callous monetization
Whales rise in the east

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

:allears:

Koreans always bungle MMOs, 1 step foward for innovation, 10 steps backwards with business practice and WoW standards

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hahah holy poo poo, every time I open this thread to check on the status of this game, I read something about it that ends up being comedy gold. What a disaster. The artstyle is still awesome though.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Art and music are tops. Business model is unforgivable poo poo.
It had better not come to the US like this.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
imcgames is self-publishing on steam, right? they've at least acknowledged that there are complaints from international players on their english website.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

From what I've been reading they've made a lot of good changes lately! I kinda want to buy a kNexon account and try it, (+ I'd get to try MS2!), is anyone else playing / does anyone else have a kNexon account?

Some of the changes include monsters dropping exp cards, easier dungeons that give more exp (and a dungeon party finder that gives your party bonuses, IDK how it compares to doing them with premade parties but it would certainly make it easier to get in groups with Koreans), lots of balance changes, especially to Archers (They're really swole now apparently), the ability to use any (almost, maybe???) skill while mounted, a few hidden classes (Army Chaplain, Shinobi, Runecaster), and more! They've also added trading back, but only for players who have subs (I'm pretty sure you can buy sub tokens on the AH) and only 30 times per 30-day period. Also you can't trade silver. Additionally, I read that they plan on adding account storage for players with subs sometime in the future.

One change that might be bad but I need more info on is the change they made to Item Awakening: Instead of giving a fixed stat based on the item, it gives random stats based on the item's rank and quality.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xll15tsTUM0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

That's nothing new. Icewall shards were the main source of my damage along with pike.

• Locked thread