Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Just spitballing here, but Yum Heart + Maggie's Bow + Car Battery would heal for 4 hearts, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Waffle! posted:

Just spitballing here, but Yum Heart + Maggie's Bow + Car Battery would heal for 4 hearts, right?

Maggy's Bow doesn't affect Yum Heart. Not counted as a red heart pickup event I guess

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Baron posted:

What is the easiest way, using Cheat Engine or whatever, to get all of The Lost's unlocks? I finally realized I will never dedicate enough time to get them legitimately, but i want the rewards!

idk if it's up to date but you could use a custom challenge/build launcher to give yourself the missing paper trinket, then die as Isaac somewhere and beat the boss as the Lost

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It's a bit of reddit in-joking, but this vid still made me chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFlT9FUY7tM

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

Edmund Honda posted:

I'm pretty sure, like 99% sure, I just had Whore of Babylon with the Lost and it was on all the time

e2: nope, Eve definitely gets and keeps Whore between rooms after a devil deal to go to 1 heart container. Panic over, nothing has changed?

Whore. Whore never changes.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Just tried to warp out of the Boss Rush with a Fool card, but the card did nothing. Just a warning, I don't know if other teleport items still work.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

John Lee posted:

Just tried to warp out of the Boss Rush with a Fool card, but the card did nothing. Just a warning, I don't know if other teleport items still work.

Weird, I used a passage rune and it worked just fine. Maybe it's just teleporting effects.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I warped out of Boss Rush with a The Stars card, no problems.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
There's a bunch of effect that don't trigger on the room you enter a floor on, I believe Whore of Babylon is one of them, Holy Mantle another, don't know the full list offhand

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

HenryEx posted:

I warped out of Boss Rush with a The Stars card, no problems.

Weird. Maybe just some kind of glitch? I raised the card over my head and everything, no effect.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
im not usually a sucker for stuff like this but man this is adorable

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Dr. Fetus posted:

That sounds more like a glitch there. I checked for myself with Missing HUD 2 (That thing is great), and Whore of Babylon did not get nerfed. The text seems to pop up at weirder times now, but it works just fine on anyone with no red hearts.

Hah, it sounds like my testing lined up exactly with multiple other bugs

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

John Lee posted:

Might be because the door back to the level is blocked off after the mom fight, so you can't teleport back to where you began?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Got Mega Satan, Ultra Greed, The Lamb, ???, and Satan killed on hard mode with The Lost despite not having selected him as a character yet.

Missing poster owns.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
first keeper run ever netted me the marks for hard mode boss rush, heart, hush, isaac, blue baby and mega satan. I don't think I've ever pulled off a perfect route with a character whom i had marks left to complete, and the one i do it with is the loving keeper lmao

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I did that with Lilith, first time playing her.

Brimstone + No. 1 is hella good on Lilith, because unlike the player character who cancels his Brimstone shot as soon as you press the button again to charge, Incubus keeps firing while you charge the next shot.
Combined with sufficient Tears Up, you get a literally non-stop Brimstone barrage. (Also, BFF)

Didn't even need the Box for bosses past Mom anymore

(Yes, it took me until yesterday to finally try out Lilith)

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 22, 2015

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
brimstone doesnt self cancel on incubus? that's pretty rad

granted of the 4 times ive seen brimstone in rebirth 2 were blindfolded, 1 was on a mega satan run and the other was in todays daily, so i can't say i've tested haha

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That was the first time for me to even see Brimstone since Afterbirth, and i'm p. sure i bought it from the shop

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Yeah you can brim snap using lilith's familiar like you could in the old flash version. You can keep a solid beam going pretty easily.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

kemikalkadet posted:

Yeah you can brim snap using lilith's familiar like you could in the old flash version. You can keep a solid beam going pretty easily.

That's not what brimsnapping was.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I have 1001%.

I am free!

Also Mega Blast sure looks like fun to use if it would show up more often.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Oh Megafatty. gently caress you in your giant stupid loving rear end. Was doing the Boss Rush on the Lost and had him jump from off screen (where I didn't even know he spawned) onto me while I was in the middle of a 2x2 rock formation. I guess he's too big for it to matter, or some other dumb bullshit.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Mega Fatty is one of the worst bosses in the game just for that instant jump with NO WARNING that acts more like a teleport.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

legoman727 posted:

Mega Fatty is one of the worst bosses in the game just for that instant jump with NO WARNING that acts more like a teleport.

What about gurdy jr.'s instant sliding ricochet across the loving screen with no windup at all

:edmund:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

legoman727 posted:

He actually slides across the floor towards you before doing it. If you spot it you'll dodge it every time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

legoman727 posted:

I'd feel better about it if that wasn't so obviously the only way he can possibly deal any damage to you.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

legoman727 posted:

The worst part is that they made him into a Basement boss! Ran into him on a Keeper run. That ended quickly.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Spergminer posted:

The Chest secret room with two buttons: One spawns 4 duke of flies and the other spawns 3 duke of flies.
Can't you just walk out?

Justin_Brett posted:

I'd feel better about it if that wasn't so obviously the only way he can possibly deal any damage to you.

You can also just walk around slowly and he'll still never hit you with the instajump, no real reaction time needed. Biggest chump of a boss.

Also i can't believe how much i am enjoying playing the lost now. Well it kinda makes sense since people used to reset until they got holy mantle and that often led to a deep or even winning run going with free curse rooms and devil deals.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mega Fatty has a ton of health too, especially the brown Champion variant.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I have a theory on what the lucky horseshoe trinket does. If you have a chance of tear effect item like fire mind or mom's eyeshadow it raises the frequency of those effects.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer
How do you unlock Mega? My guess would be beating Mega Satan with every character (except possibly Keeper), but that could be totally wrong.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was playing as the lost, got key piece 1 from an angel room, and then somehow ran into 3 devil rooms and not a single angel room for the rest of the run. I had the rosary bead and donated 10 coins on one of the floors so according to this the chance of this happening is 0.3%.

What the hell? Did I just have absurdly bad luck or did I do something wrong

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

legoman727 posted:

If he hasn't done anything for awhile, keep moving. Once he's locked into an animation you can sit still and get some shots in. You basically want the vomit move to happen as often as possible, since it's the longest one he has.

BillmasterCozb posted:

What about gurdy jr.'s instant sliding ricochet across the loving screen with no windup at all

This one, however, is actually total bullshit. gently caress that hockey puck.

Had a question about the Keeper. If you got Judas' Tongue, would it allow for non-lethal two-heart devil deals? Because I'm thinking getting the Holy Mantle, the Tongue, and scoring Brimstone is gonna be the only way I'll beat the Boss Rush with the little turd. Managed to down Mega Satan with him, but only on Normal. Soy Milk + Lump of Coal + Triple Shot ain't half bad, as it turns out. Soy Milk might actually be one of the best things you can take with the Keeper. If Judas' Tongue doesn't work for him, might be the best option I have for Boss Rush. And, y'know, restarting for the Mantle.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

AbDomen posted:

How do you unlock Mega? My guess would be beating Mega Satan with every character (except possibly Keeper), but that could be totally wrong.

Everyone including the Keeper.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Initial thoughts on the keeper: it seems like there are like three times as many rooms with buttons and sliding spiked blocks and speed up items never drop. A combination of these things have ended three of my first four runs with him.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ChibiSoma posted:

If he hasn't done anything for awhile, keep moving. Once he's locked into an animation you can sit still and get some shots in. You basically want the vomit move to happen as often as possible, since it's the longest one he has.

This one, however, is actually total bullshit. gently caress that hockey puck.

Had a question about the Keeper. If you got Judas' Tongue, would it allow for non-lethal two-heart devil deals? Because I'm thinking getting the Holy Mantle, the Tongue, and scoring Brimstone is gonna be the only way I'll beat the Boss Rush with the little turd. Managed to down Mega Satan with him, but only on Normal. Soy Milk + Lump of Coal + Triple Shot ain't half bad, as it turns out. Soy Milk might actually be one of the best things you can take with the Keeper. If Judas' Tongue doesn't work for him, might be the best option I have for Boss Rush. And, y'know, restarting for the Mantle.

Soymilk is actually kinda bad on him in the long run because his triple shot just adds to your tear delay rather than multiplying it like the real thing. If you get enough regular + tears items you can get just as fast as everyone else.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer

Tetracube posted:

I was playing as the lost, got key piece 1 from an angel room, and then somehow ran into 3 devil rooms and not a single angel room for the rest of the run. I had the rosary bead and donated 10 coins on one of the floors so according to this the chance of this happening is 0.3%.

What the hell? Did I just have absurdly bad luck or did I do something wrong

If you get into an angel room: bomb the statue, get the key piece, then exit the game and continue from the save. The angel statue will have respawned and you can bomb it again for the second key piece. This way you only need one angel room in the entire run, unless you're like me and keep forgetting to bring bombs to it.

ChibiSoma posted:

Had a question about the Keeper. If you got Judas' Tongue, would it allow for non-lethal two-heart devil deals?

I can confirm that it does, I used it to get lord of the pit with Keeper.

The easiest way to break the Keeper is to actually get swallowed penny on him. Every time he gets hit, he'll drop a penny which you can grab to heal yourself before the invincibility wears off.

Springtime Goddess fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 23, 2015

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
On the subject of bosses that can gently caress right off forever: The Bloat. gently caress him and his instant brimstone spamming fat rear end forever.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

legoman727 posted:

On the subject of bosses that can gently caress right off forever: The Bloat. gently caress him and his instant brimstone spamming fat rear end forever.

You have to be directly in a horizontal or vertical line with his eyes for that to happen. Stay to one side just below his head and he really can't do anything while you're firing straight at his body..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

dis astranagant posted:

You have to be directly in a horizontal or vertical line with his eyes for that to happen. Stay to one side just below his head and he really can't do anything while you're firing straight at his body..

This gets a lot harder with two of him. Multiple bloats is my personal nightmare scenario. Even multiple adversaries or stains can be mostly dodged with good awareness. Bloats will instantly snipe you from offscreen.