Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mulva posted:

Short explanation, they don't understand "full faith and credit" and think that money has to be still backed by something tangible, in this case people. They believe that when we moved off the gold standard President Roosevelt dissolved the government, reformed it as a private corporation and pledged all present and future Americans, now assets of USA Inc, as backing for US currency. Henceforth when an American is born some amount of money, the most common amount cited is $200,000, is placed in a bond that is then sold on the open market, it earns interest, which is then placed into a account with the same number. So have a bill to pay? Just give them your birth certificate, or birth certificate number, and the US Treasury will issue a warrant out of it to the payee.

poo poo, I could have used that $200k when I bought my house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Also doesn't really make sense since it was all in New Zealand with nz peoples. I think he might just be nuts

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Dr. Phildo posted:

Also doesn't really make sense since it was all in New Zealand with nz peoples. I think he might just be nuts
It's always amusing when these pop up in Canada and the UK and the documents refer to the Articles of Confederation or other outdated US laws. They clearly just borrow the core ideas from each other and do a find and replace with the country's name.

Darkhold has a new favorite as of 08:14 on Nov 23, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Being a paranoid shitstain with a gently caress-you-got-mine complex knows no border, truly.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mulva posted:

Short explanation, they don't understand "full faith and credit" and think that money has to be still backed by something tangible, in this case people. They believe that when we moved off the gold standard President Roosevelt dissolved the government, reformed it as a private corporation and pledged all present and future Americans, now assets of USA Inc, as backing for US currency. Henceforth when an American is born some amount of money, the most common amount cited is $200,000, is placed in a bond that is then sold on the open market, it earns interest, which is then placed into a account with the same number. So have a bill to pay? Just give them your birth certificate, or birth certificate number, and the US Treasury will issue a warrant out of it to the payee.

This totally works.

Also if you build a makeshift runway out of bamboo and palm leaves the magic sky gods will fly over and leave you presents :v:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's because Spiderman doesn't wear sneakers.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

drat that floor looks hard. I hope Spidey was OK......

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rondette posted:

he went into traction then died moments before his family could say goodbye.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

It's okay that was just a clone

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Anosmoman posted:

I'm genuinely baffled why people would care what car they park next to. I mean he clearly goes out of his way to park there but isn't it just so he can get a closer look at the fancy sports car?

My understanding of what happened here is this: It's pretty common for people with fancy/expensive cars to park well away from other cars to avoid having their car damaged by stray doors bumping into them, fender benders while parking, etc. Others see the expensive cars all by themselves off in the distance, and will deliberately park close to that car in order to antagonize the owner of the expensive car. It's a passive-aggressive thing to just mess with the perceived rear end in a top hat who is worried that their car will be harmed. The prank is set up to hopefully catch someone doing this and call attention to it.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I sometimes do it because a guy with a really nice car is less likely to hit my car with his door.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bart Fargo posted:

My understanding of what happened here is this: It's pretty common for people with fancy/expensive cars to park well away from other cars to avoid having their car damaged by stray doors bumping into them, fender benders while parking, etc. Others see the expensive cars all by themselves off in the distance, and will deliberately park close to that car in order to antagonize the owner of the expensive car. It's a passive-aggressive thing to just mess with the perceived rear end in a top hat who is worried that their car will be harmed. The prank is set up to hopefully catch someone doing this and call attention to it.

So really everyone has a small penis.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bart Fargo posted:

So you mean I can annoy wealthy people by parking next to them in my shitbox 90s Subaru? I'll have to remember that.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Felix_Cat posted:

So I read up on quite a few court cases, and another sovereign citizen has appeared! In this case a Mr Frederick Stewart (or as he prefers Lord Stewart) was involved with a business that borrowed some money from a bank. He provided a guarantee, and so when the business went into receivership the bank sought repayment from him. This didn't happen, so the bank applied to make him bankrupt. Let's see what the Court thought of his defence:

And finally

Will these people ever learn that the courts do not give a poo poo about their fantasy world?

Do you have a link where I can read the whole thing?

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

The video makes this one so much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuMSSHK4oNw

:rolleyes:: "Hey Ron."
:v:: "Hey Billy. That hurt."

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Bart Fargo posted:

Being from the UK I'm very jealous at this. I'm just thankful to find a free space let alone get annoyed with people parking near me.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Defense lawyer takes one for the team and gets his client a mistrial by showing up drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP68WjxxH3o

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Fateo McMurray posted:

Science first, helping friend second

Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman aren't friends.

I can think of several people at work who I tolerate who would get the same reaction from me if I watched them drunkenly fall of a treadmill. Actually, who am I kidding, this is the schadenfreude thread: I'd probably laugh my rear end off.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Canuckistan posted:

Defense lawyer takes one for the team and gets his client a mistrial by showing up drunk.

Oh my god.

"Philosophically, Your Honor, I never call the police."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Canuckistan posted:

"My head has been the subject of many severe contacts."

This is great.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Holy poo poo, it gets even better when they break out the breathalyzer.

Judge: "I think you should stop, because it's only getting worse."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Darkhold posted:

It's always amusing when these pop up in Canada and the UK and the documents refer to the Articles of Confederation or other outdated US laws. They clearly just borrow the core ideas from each other and do a find and replace with the country's name.

It's particularly funny when the common-law/freemen-on-the-land types turn up in the UK. It started in the US because if you've suffered several heavy blows to the head and skim-read a primer on law you could sort of make a theory that because America sort-of inherited common-law principles from the UK but then went it's own way that the common law stuff should still apply, then snort a bunch of drain cleaner you can convince yourself American law doesn't apply to you.

Then you take those arguments back to the UK, where the basis of the law is "because the Queen loving says so, mate", and crash and burn in a way that makes the Hindenburg look like a feather falling off a shelf.

One particularly bizarre offshoot of that in the UK is people declaring themselves outlaws and citing Magna Carta as it does indeed define an outlaw of someone to whom laws don't apply - which includes laws against being imprisoned without trial, stolen from, or outright just murdered. I sort of want the courts to say "Yeah sure JOHN::family-name"Smith" you're an outlaw so you don't need to pay your parking ticket" and then publish his name and photo in the local papers under a heading of "STEAL THIS MANS poo poo", and throw them in the Tower of London when they complain.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Just wait till they got hold of the drunken mistrial idea!

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Sovereign Citizens are always a good mix of hilarious crazy and sad because they're usually people who found themselves drowning in debt and have become so desperate for a way out that they are totally willing to believe the SC bullshit.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Canuckistan posted:

Oh god this is the most awkward, uncomfortable thing in the world. He just keeps digging and digging.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Nuebot posted:

:( Small Penis Parking was funnier when I believed the gif that it was an rear end in a top hat taking up two parking stalls. That video was the lamest thing.
Yeah, his videos aren't all that funny. Though a couple are okay and he tried the small penis parking thing in a rougher neighborhood and nearly got his rear end kicked several times so that was pretty great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBPykq529I

xergm posted:

The video makes this one so much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuMSSHK4oNw

:rolleyes:: "Hey Ron."
:v:: "Hey Billy. That hurt."
In the gif I thought initially those weren't just ball caps but safety helmets, which would have been kinda funny. But I do like the guys' reactions. If I ever fall through a ceiling I hope I have enough sense left in me to just go "hey guys, what's up?" to whoever is nearby.

Parts Kit has a new favorite as of 19:20 on Nov 23, 2015

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Canuckistan posted:

Ah, the Lionel Hutz school of legal defence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y4QCMH25hc

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Oh my god! Is that floor made out of brick?

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Professor Wayne posted:

Oh my god! Is that floor made out of brick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLAvF8cvzM

Most definately

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Weatherman posted:

A metre and a half counts as "super close"? What the gently caress kind of personal space issues do you guys have? Are you culturally obligated to scatter far and wide through the car park to prove that you're an individual free spirit who no one can tread on or something?

Also the video/idea wasn't even funny, Porsche guy is calling the kettle black with his small penis issues, etc.

Small Penis Posting

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Canuckistan posted:

The part near the end with the grandma was hilarious. "My grandma died 2 weeks ago" ---> "My grandma died a month ago" ----> (I think this is what he said) "She died June 2nd", which would be 2 months before, all within the span of just a few minutes. How can you be THAT bad at keeping a straight story, drunk or not? I've seen 4 year olds lie more convincingly.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Rondette posted:

It's OK he scurried off while somebody went to get a tissue

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008

Dienes posted:

Do you have a link where I can read the whole thing?

http://www.nzlii.org/nz/cases/NZHC/2015/2864.html

And if you're interested here is another one I posted earlier in the thread. Different kind of case, does not go any better for the crazy person.

http://www.nzlii.org/nz/cases/NZCA/2015/282.pdf

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

The part near the end with the grandma was hilarious. "My grandma died 2 weeks ago" ---> "My grandma died a month ago" ----> (I think this is what he said) "She died June 2nd", which would be 2 months before, all within the span of just a few minutes. How can you be THAT bad at keeping a straight story, drunk or not? I've seen 4 year olds lie more convincingly.

I particularly liked when they located his car that had supposedly been badly rear-ended and it turned out to only have damage to the front-end. In fairness he did claim he got pushed into someone, but yeah...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Bart Fargo posted:

It seems pretty actively aggressive actually, to antagonize babies afraid everyone in the world is out to harm their cars. It's like how if you're acting shifty like you're trying to hide something people are more likely to ask you if you're hiding something. If you park far off like you're afraid someone's going to hurt your car, people are going to park as close as they can to try and get you to gently caress your own car up because you're being dumb.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or maybe it's not that you think people are malicious, but that they're careless? That why not minimize the chance of coming back out to the parking lot to discover someone has accidentally banged your door by simply not forcing people to wedge in next to you?

I'm typing this right now sitting in a McDonald's parking lot where I instinctively parked four spaces down from the next car not because I'm an insufferable plutocrat but because I don't see any reason to play roulette with everyone else's skills and attentiveness just to get ten seconds closer to the door or whatever.

Damned if you do/don't, I guess

E: never mind, misread your point

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 01:42 on Nov 24, 2015

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Guys, guys.

the dude makes pranks IN THE HOOD. I think that's information enough to figure out whos the bigger rear end in a top hat here.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Parts Kit posted:

Yeah, his videos aren't all that funny. Though a couple are okay and he tried the small penis parking thing in a rougher neighborhood and nearly got his rear end kicked several times so that was pretty great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBPykq529I

In the gif I thought initially those weren't just ball caps but safety helmets, which would have been kinda funny. But I do like the guys' reactions. If I ever fall through a ceiling I hope I have enough sense left in me to just go "hey guys, what's up?" to whoever is nearby.

It'd be so much funnier if he just watched from afar rather than confront them with his painfully unfunny bullshit, like the cowbell in the earlier video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

nerdz posted:

Guys, guys.

the dude makes pranks IN THE HOOD. I think that's information enough to figure out whos the bigger rear end in a top hat here.
He's got 5 or 6 pranks IN THE HOOD videos, so yeah he's a douche. Which is why it's funny he nearly got his rear end kicked at least a couple times in that video.