Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I totally missed that chapter, am I reading sites with stuff missing? :psyduck: I need my chapter fix now

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Logikv9 posted:

I totally missed that chapter, am I reading sites with stuff missing? :psyduck: I need my chapter fix now

Murata updates and redraws, at any time a chapter may be changed.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

AtomikKrab posted:

Murata updates and redraws, at any time a chapter may be changed.

Ah, any easy way to keep updated on that?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Logikv9 posted:

Ah, any easy way to keep updated on that?

Read the Shonen Jump releases instead, I'm pretty sure they only release stuff when he's done tinkering it.

Or else follow this thread closely, because we usually post about it.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Just posting my still love of Metal Bat. Read the last chapter again with the added pages. Never going to get tired of that last panel.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Matoi Ryuko posted:

King is far from a "complete normal". He's the loving king.

He lost to the Blizzard group. King is the god of video games.
King is better at video games than Saitama is at punching hard.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New episode of the anime is taking its time to set up how awesome Licesenseless rider is, gonna make his stand against the Sea King that much more powerful.

And his bro out with Saitama that much more touching :unsmith:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bondster posted:

New episode of the anime is taking its time to set up how awesome Licesenseless rider is, gonna make his stand against the Sea King that much more powerful.

And his bro out with Saitama that much more touching :unsmith:

Judging by the title, next episode will show everyone that Licenseless Rider is the true hero of Justice that the world both needs and deserves.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Gyges posted:

Judging by the title, next episode will show everyone that Licenseless Rider is the true hero of Justice that the world both needs and deserves.

I really want Sea King to be a 3 episode arc, but from the pacing it feels like it's only going to be 2 episodes, with episode 10 setting up for the final arc of the season.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Man the most recent episode was probably one of the best animated stylish episodes of anime I have ever seen.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Optimus Subprime posted:

Man the most recent episode was probably one of the best animated stylish episodes of anime I have ever seen.
Honestly it wasn't that well animated, especially compared to some of the highlights from earlier episodes. But it was stylish and well-directed. The staff clearly loves the manga.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
There's a good reason to save on the budget for this episode (or technically, work on the next episodes more than this one and just push this one out asap)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

There's a good reason to save on the budget for this episode (or technically, work on the next episodes more than this one and just push this one out asap)

Yeah, I'm bracing myself for next week's One Punch (to my gut).

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
New episode reminded me about some of the A class heroes, now I'm thinking do any of them actually have superpowers or is that limited to S class? The only one I can think of is Fubuki, the others just seem to be limited to use of equipment and general above average strength.

And yeah, haha licenseless rider was so great in this episode, his standing up riding was SO INTENSE.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Tatsumaki and Fubuki are the only known (human) psychics revealed thus far, Child Emperor has a genius IQ, and Zombieman can apparently regenerate or something (not really a surprise). Everyone else in-series is just stuck with some form of super strength, resilience, and/or athletic ability with the assistance of tools or possibly technique.

Dunno if Pig God has anything going for him.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fubuki's actually B-class.

But yeah, most lower-ranking heroes tend to be good at a gimmick or just tougher and stronger than normal people. Even licenseless rider can take hits that would have killed any ordinary person, though, so that's worth something. In that Heroes Association power levels pamphlet, what were the hero categories again? Physical, Psychic, Weapon, Equipment?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

sharktamer posted:

New episode reminded me about some of the A class heroes, now I'm thinking do any of them actually have superpowers or is that limited to S class? The only one I can think of is Fubuki, the others just seem to be limited to use of equipment and general above average strength.

Some of the A-Class heroes use straight up magic but it's definitely the minority and it isn't really a factor in their combat abilities much. Spring Mustachio summons his sword from a handkerchief and his Tomboy Thrust defies logic, and Magic Trick Man presumably does Magic Tricks but we haven't seen him use them ever. Otherwise, the A-Class is just chock full of dudes who are pretty competent in their own right but also have some kind of gimmick like gunpowder shoes or shape-memory bullets to give them a leg up on everyone else.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Fubuki's actually B-class.
I know, I was just referring to the existence of inexplicable superpowers in general.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bad Seafood posted:

Tatsumaki and Fubuki are the only known (human) psychics revealed thus far, Child Emperor has a genius IQ, and Zombieman can apparently regenerate or something (not really a surprise). Everyone else in-series is just stuck with some form of super strength, resilience, and/or athletic ability with the assistance of tools or possibly technique.

Dunno if Pig God has anything going for him.

You forgot Metal Knight / Doctor Bofoy, who is a genius robot-maker. That's not to say he necessarily doesn't have strength, resilience, and/or athletic ability, but he hasn't shown any of that to date.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 23, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I know, I was just referring to the existence of inexplicable superpowers in general.

sorry, just interpreted sharktamer's post to be a question about superpowers among A-classes lol

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

sharktamer posted:

And yeah, haha licenseless rider was so great in this episode, his standing up riding was SO INTENSE.

Most S-Ranks don't have superpowers either, to be fair. I think Tastumaki and Zombieman have special powers. Everyone else either honed their bodies to a superhuman level like a poor man's Saitama or uses tools. Or both, since Child Emperor has superhuman strength, just not the level an S-Rank usually has.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

You forgot Metal Knight / Doctor Bofoy, who is a genius robot-maker.
I didn't forget him, it's just that for all we know his expertise in the field of robotics might've been acquired over a lifetime of learning, researching, and experimenting. That doesn't necessarily require him to be superhuman.

Child Emperor, meanwhile, is explicitly 10-years-old and one of the smartest people on the planet. Something strange about that boy.

EDIT: Nevermind, your own edit clarifies what you were talking about. You're right, I did forget him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

child emperor has a pituitary gland disorder

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stairmaster posted:

child emperor has a pituitary gland disorder

He and Tatsumaki should form a support group.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tatsumaki just put all of her growing up skill points into making her hair perfect.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tatsumaki just put all of her growing up skill points into making her hair perfect.

As any one of us would.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a fair amount of cyborgs going around too. Genos, Engine Knight (if he's not a robot or something), that one dude in B-class the Sea King wrecked at the shelter, etc. It seems a lot more common than powers are, at least.

Tangent, some of the heroes are pretty awesome even without powers; Stinger wiped out all the fishmen until the Sea King crushed him. He was quite a badass, really; that was one of the best non-Saitama showings from heroes we've seen in the series in general.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

sharktamer posted:

I just love the kind of respect the manga/anime treats him with. In any other work, he would be the butt of every joke, but when looking at his world, ONE wants you to see past people's superpowers and at just their sense of justice.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He lost to the Blizzard group. King is the god of video games.
King is better at video games than Saitama is at punching hard.

Wait, hold on, King lost to the Blizzard group?

What panel did this happen in? I need sources!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Parrotine posted:

Wait, hold on, King lost to the Blizzard group?

What panel did this happen in? I need sources!

No, Saitama lost to the Blizzard group. King defeated all of them to save his hide. It happens on this page, which was posted on the previous page of this thread:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The perils of pronouns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, the conversation was about Saitama's video game prowess so in that context naming Saitama as the one who lost wasn't all too key, without that context, it's not so clear. King would never lose to mortals.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bad Seafood posted:

If Zombieman's regeneration isn't a spoiler, I will say there are others. One or two of the "training" types have a very specific super power type gimmick too. Like Sonic, who is just a strong trained dude but clearly is a speedster.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Asimo posted:

Honestly it wasn't that well animated, especially compared to some of the highlights from earlier episodes. But it was stylish and well-directed. The staff clearly loves the manga.

I thought all of the motion animation for Pri Pri prisoner looked really good, but maybe I was just enraptured by his angelic style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
What chapter had the flashback to when Saitama had a toothache?