Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Augus posted:

Good point, I love video games. They are fun and cool.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I personally don't like Fallout 4 because of the massive amounts of steps back it takes, all the glitches, awful texture work and just sloppy game design as a whole and the fact that if I bring it up in a lot of places it's met with "Well yeah it's a Bethesda game you should of expected it" as if that excuses the lazy work done with it.

That with the terrible dialogue system (Sarcastic is stupid) and the fact I have to run from NPC's and hide from them if I don't want their quests is really dumb.

Also Vats is trash

VATS is some weird rear end vestigial poo poo at this point, the game works much better if you play it as a shooter, everything dies five times as fast and you don't spend five minutes killing a bloatfly.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Chieves posted:

Just beat the game and I have to agree with this. :)

Now try playing through that endgame shmup level with the Star Fox costume on :)

Augus posted:

I hate video games

You leave my good friend and esteemed poster out of this

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I still haven't beaten Bayonetta 2. I'm so bad at fighting the replacement for Jeane fights

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It may not have been as climatic as the first one, but I enjoyed the W101 reference in Bayonetta 2's final boss.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Aurora posted:

I still haven't beaten Bayonetta 2. I'm so bad at fighting the replacement for Jeane fights

Shameful

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
i don't think goons hating games is 100% attributable to age. AAA games can be legitimately frustrating nowadays because by the time you realize a AAA game's gameplay sucks, you've spent like 5 hours installing, patching, setting up, watching cutscenes, listening to characters talk, and running through a mandatory introductory sequence that's epic and cinematic but doesn't reveal any of the gameplay's problems.

edit: this highlights why the Wii U is good. Games like smash, Mario Kart, 3d world, etc, you pop them in and are playing the core gameplay within 15 seconds, and the gameplay is good.

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 23, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Polo-Rican posted:

i don't think goons hating games is 100% attributable to age. AAA games can be legitimately frustrating nowadays because by the time you realize a AAA game's gameplay sucks, you've spent like 5 hours installing, patching, setting up, watching cutscenes, listening to characters talk, and running through a mandatory introductory sequence that's epic and cinematic but doesn't reveal any of the gameplay's problems.

edit: this highlights why the Wii U is good. Games like smash, Mario Kart, 3d world, etc, you pop them in and are playing the core gameplay within 15 seconds, and the gameplay is good.

I don't think you realize that the comments about "viscerally hating games you never played" were literal.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
First impressions of Hyrule Warriors.. its good. I like to play it

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

VATS is some weird rear end vestigial poo poo at this point, the game works much better if you play it as a shooter, everything dies five times as fast and you don't spend five minutes killing a bloatfly.

VATS is there to prevent you from losing combat if you're not a good FPS player, it gives you access to critical hits and perks that let you store them and use them when you want, your hits interrupt the enemies attacks, you can specifically attack their gun arms and cripple their aim, see exactly how many enemies are engaged in combat with you, where they are around you, teleport your character instantaneously to places with some melee perks, and provide orders to your companions to assist you with specific enemies etc. The system definitely has value for some players

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's good to hear they're releasing Fallout 4 on Wii U

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
With those graphics they probably could. The gamepad would be a great pip boy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

Ironically I feel like the Wii U is great for older gamers for that reason. I really want to play the Witcher 3 but I just don't have the loving time anymore, playing through whatever tutorial/intro segment would probably be most of my available gametime on a Saturday and then I wouldn't be able to sit down and play for more than an hour or two until the next weekend. I spent a while heavily modding Skyrim this past summer and then never played it because I would shuffle my inventory around, take a quest, explore an area for a bit, and that was it for the day, and that's a really unsatisfying experience. To be clear I LOVE that style of game but it's really not suited for short intervals.

Games where you can play several matches or clear a bunch of levels in an hour are really valuable and fun to me at this point.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sam Faust posted:

It may not have been as climatic as the first one, but I enjoyed the W101 reference in Bayonetta 2's final boss.

I laughed when the W101 jingle played as the news report in the opening cutscene.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im anxiously awaiting the Rusty's Real Deal sequel where one of his pups gets sent to death row and needs to raise enough money for a petition to get him off. This money of course is a joint effort by the nintendo player community paying for his minigames. a second community can buy Wario's games instead to instill the death penalty. at the end of the year the decision will be made.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
When BAYONETTA 2 was still introducing new enemy variants up until the final level I knew it was a very special game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MinibarMatchman posted:

im anxiously awaiting the Rusty's Real Deal sequel where one of his pups gets sent to death row and

This isn't cute at all.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/668806786082668544

lol at the replies

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

haha it's anime avatars all the way down.

"Why can't women have bigger tits in the game, Nintendough? Why you be sexist?!"

Sexism: not allowing big tits in games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I do think there is a legitimate point though that women are also playing the game and may want to make a character with a body like theirs whether that means moving the slider down or up.

I just mainly want to know if you can make ugly monsters so Griffin can do a monster factory.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Louisgod posted:

haha it's anime avatars all the way down.

"Why can't women have bigger tits in the game, Nintendough? Why you be sexist?!"

Sexism: not allowing big tits in games.

And why do women only get the boob slider? Super Sexist.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Unless the character creator is as robust as the one in saints row IV who cares.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Unless the character creator is as robust as the one in saints row IV who cares.

Uhhh you definitely mean Saints Row 2

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

The inclusion or removal of the boob slider: One of the major burning philosophical debates of our times.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

greatn posted:

I do think there is a legitimate point though that women are also playing the game and may want to make a character with a body like theirs whether that means moving the slider down or up.

I just mainly want to know if you can make ugly monsters so Griffin can do a monster factory.

I bet the overlap between "People who normally advocate that women/minorities be able to play as characters like themselves" and "People upset about boob slider" is approximately 0.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

I bet the overlap between "People who normally advocate that women/minorities be able to play as characters like themselves" and "People upset about boob slider" is approximately 0.

Truthfully I got that idea from a GameXplain video that was answering various XCX questions and one of the women Gamexplain panelists was saying it was odd she couldn't change it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rexroom posted:

The inclusion or removal of the boob slider: One of the major burning philosophical debates of our times.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 23, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

what the gently caress is wrong with these people

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well his avatar is an eagle so he's a true patriot.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
free the boobs.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I wonder how many of these anime avatars were ever upset that the game doesn't let you make characters thinner or fatter than the default. Pretty sure that rules out a lot more players' body types than cutting the boob slider does.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

replies to Nintendo tweets are, 99% of the time, extremely bad

seriously just go look at the replies of any Nintendo tweet. I'll wait here.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wii U General Discussion - yes, I want the 13-year old girl in a bikini

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

replies to Nintendo tweets are, 99% of the time, extremely bad

seriously just go look at the replies of any Nintendo tweet. I'll wait here.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/667068016497037312

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

greatn posted:

Well his avatar is an eagle so he's a true patriot.

Chris noo

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

That bird has some hosed up opinions

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Tender Bender posted:

Hes right. Gamers of all shapes and sizes deserve representation. gently caress off with this body-shaming horseshit

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hoping tortoiseontour makes a video on this.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Laughing at the people cancelling their preorders because no boob slider. That's basically like saying they weren't interested in the game at all, just the character customization so they could make a big boobed anime and then stare at her without playing the game.

I mean, the characters are gonna be in armor 99% of the time, right? You can't see the boobs through the armor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Personally I'm offended they didn't give me the option of putting tits on the back of my character so that I could stare at those big juice tits the whole time

• Locked thread