Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I don't really think a guy should go to jail for stealing a laptop but hey maybe you live somewhere where people overreact about stuff idk

I have no comment on Jameis other than I still think he is a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Cole posted:

I don't really think a guy should go to jail for stealing a laptop but hey maybe you live somewhere where people overreact about stuff idk

Is it cool if I take yours?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

A.o.D. posted:

Is it cool if I take yours?

No, but I don't think you should go to jail if you did.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cole posted:

If you don't punish grand theft then you just encourage him to keep being the thief he is. Remember when he stole that banner from those poor fans at the Packer game? He's turning into a god drat kleptomaniac and I want him stopped before he steals a playoff win against us too.

Cole posted:

No, but I don't think you should go to jail if you did.

What if I stole $1200 from you?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chichevache posted:

If you don't punish grand theft then you just encourage him to keep being the thief he is. Remember when he stole that banner from those poor fans at the Packer game? He's turning into a god drat kleptomaniac and I want him stopped before he steals a playoff win against us too.

I forgot jail is the only punishment on earth lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cole posted:

I forgot jail is the only punishment on earth lol

You forgot to read the rest of my post too!
lol

Also jail won't be the punishment. HIV and Hep C will.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chichevache posted:

You forgot to read the rest if my post too!
lol

No I didn't. I just think you're stupid and when you post stupid stuff I think you believe it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cole posted:

No I didn't. I just think you're stupid and when you post stupid stuff I think you believe it.

I'm sorry that you felt I was serious when I linked Cam's theft of a laptop to him tearing down a Green Bay Packers poster in Carolina. I also don't actually think that the police should arrest him for "stealing" wins. It would be pretty funny though. I hope whoever stole your judgement returns that someday as well. :ohdear:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It cannot be overstated just how embarrassingly awful the Jets were during that sequence of the game. I would stake anything on it being the worst a team has ever performed at the professional level, ever.

People forget how many embarrassing fuckups the Jets committed in such a short string of time.

1. It all started with the Jets deciding to go for it on 4th down in Patriots territory. Not only did they fail to pick up the first down but the running back, Shonn Greene, fumbled the ball forward 5 yards in some type of desperation heave.

2. After the turnover on downs the VERY FIRST PLAY the Patriots run a simple wheel rout to Shane Vereen who goes untouched for a 90 yard TD.

3. The Jets, after receiving the kickoff, run a couple plays and even get a first down. And then it happens.

4. The Patriots then kickoff again and on the return the Jets fumble the ball into the air right into an instride Julien Edelman who runs in for a touchdown.

The camera then switches to Rex on the sideline who in front of a national TV audience clearly mouths the words "un-loving-believable."

These events all occurred within like 70 in game seconds of eachother. It was unreal. You will NEVER see a team in any sport gently caress up that badly ever again.

And as a bonus, a few short minutes later this occurred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATpmLbUNCkw

That 10 minute sequence was the most fun I've ever had watching football and that includes winning the Super Bowl 4 times.

For posterity here is the moment in the GDT the instant the buttfumble occurred.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518776&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=157#post409851049

Why the need to rehash this when you had a Jets performance less than 24 hours ago that was just as pathetic and disgusting as anything that happened last night?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was at the Eagles game and I was surprised at how good Jameis looked. There was a throw in the third quarter I think where there were three Eagles between him and his target and he floated the ball so nicely over them for 15 yards or so.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mcmagic posted:

Why the need to rehash this when you had a Jets performance less than 24 hours ago that was just as pathetic and disgusting as anything that happened last night?

No joke: I just flipped over to cnn.com to see if another airliner had crashed, because I thought this was a topical joke at first.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wrap it up Jetailures. Only thing left in the season is a few more tailgates which are always cool and fun.

I tend to give rookie receivers the benefit of the doubt but Devin Smith is lolbad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Wrap it up Jetailures. Only thing left in the season is a few more tailgates which are always cool and fun.

I tend to give rookie receivers the benefit of the doubt but Devin Smith is lolbad.

Only the jets could have a feel-good season go down the shitter in 7 days. Just an absolute horror show. At least I didn't have to sit though yesterday since I was in the car driving home from a road trip. So I have that going for me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

they're still 5-5.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

they're still 5-5.
They've lost 4 of 5. You will not find a Jets fan on the planet who is optimistic about making the playoffs at this point.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

Reality check for mcmagic: losing by a touchdown on a random Sunday when your quarterback had a kind of ordinary bad game isn't "just as pathetic and disgusting" as losing 49-19 in the first Thanksgiving prime time network broadcast of an NFL game in history, especially when the former doesn't feature a diving-into-a-butthole turnover.

In case you're wondering, this sort of thing is why everyone thinks you're dumb and/or mentally ill. :ms:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chichevache posted:

I'm sorry that you felt I was serious when I linked Cam's theft of a laptop to him tearing down a Green Bay Packers poster in Carolina. I also don't actually think that the police should arrest him for "stealing" wins. It would be pretty funny though. I hope whoever stole your judgement returns that someday as well. :ohdear:

It's okay, I forgive you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's no Falcons fans to talk poo poo to about their fraud team :smith:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys anyone made any rape jokes about what Jameis did to the Eagles?

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah even my friends in Atlanta that are Falcons fans are talking poo poo about them. It's not any fun when they agree with you.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

FizFashizzle posted:

It's ok! There are plenty of other bird teams with questionable fraud status to argue about!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Reality check for mcmagic: losing by a touchdown on a random Sunday when your quarterback had a kind of ordinary bad game isn't "just as pathetic and disgusting" as losing 49-19 in the first Thanksgiving prime time network broadcast of an NFL game in history, especially when the former doesn't feature a diving-into-a-butthole turnover.

In case you're wondering, this sort of thing is why everyone thinks you're dumb and/or mentally ill. :ms:

Actually it's worse, much worse. That was against a good* team in a game the Jets weren't expected to win because they were a 4-6 disaster and were going nowhere fast that season. Yesterday was against a bad team, in a must win game for the playoff picture, against a 3rd string QB who was out of the NFL 3 weeks ago.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 23, 2015

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

I don't think this.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

They can't be frauds if nobody is fooled by them anymore.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Cruel and Unusual posted:

They can't be frauds if nobody is fooled by them anymore.

Attempted Fraudery?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Peyton is still a fraud because he's fooling himself

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Must of been a helluva fart.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cam should not have stolen the laptop or cheated at UF because then we'd have another national championship

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

Peyton is still a fraud because he's fooling himself

If the Broncos get to and win the Superbowl with Osweiler, Peyton still gets a ring.

In 20 years, does anyone remember that 2 time superbowl winning QB Peyton Manning really only has one ring?

Nov 6, 2002

^^ Just like everyone talks about Super Bowl winning quarterback Drew Bledsoe!

Like I wanna know what team Peyton thinks is going to want a 40 year old quarterback who spent the last year making GBS threads all over the field in Denver.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

If the Broncos get to and win the Superbowl with Osweiler, Peyton still gets a ring.

In 20 years, does anyone remember that 2 time superbowl winning QB Peyton Manning really only has one ring?

I promise I will.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Cam is the ultimate babyface: https://t.co/A1arYMi2g3

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Cam is the ultimate babyface: https://t.co/A1arYMi2g3

What a disgusting showoff.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

NC-17 posted:

^^ Just like everyone talks about Super Bowl winning quarterback Drew Bledsoe!

Like I wanna know what team Peyton thinks is going to want a 40 year old quarterback who spent the last year making GBS threads all over the field in Denver.
Cleveland

Nov 6, 2002

Johnny KegStand and McCown are both better than Manning.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It's week 11 and the Bucs are legit in the playoff talks. Here is the rest of the schedule:

@Indy
ATL
NO
@STL
CHI
@CAR

Those are games that are winnable (Carolina will probably be resting starters in week 17).

It's an exciting day to be a Bucs fan. What a turnaround.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the bucs might be a fun team to hope goes on a run except for the fact that the qb is a literal rapist piece of poo poo

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

wandler20 posted:

It's week 11 and the Bucs are legit in the playoff talks. Here is the rest of the schedule:

@Indy
ATL
NO
@STL
CHI
@CAR

Those are games that are winnable (Carolina will probably be resting starters in week 17).

It's an exciting day to be a Bucs fan. What a turnaround.

yeah but your qb is a rapist

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Josh Norman gives pro interviews

http://blackandbluereview.com/josh-norman-on-trent-williams/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

At the risk of 🔥my take being too hot🔥, Peyton Manning has to be like a Tebow-level liability right now. It seems pretty clear he's just trying to pad his personal resume and the success of his team is a secondary concern.

• Locked thread