Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Who is Han's old mentor? Is that what they're calling Luke to keep him hidden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Maz Kanata, the pirate.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why would they have anti lightsaber batons if the only known lightsaber users in the galaxy are kylo ken and luke.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Riot batons maybe?

Also because JJ wanted a cool fight sequence that involved a storm trooper and a lightsaber because the old concept art hinted at that.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

who are these "MakingOf" people who leaked the entire plot and why should I believe them?

Of course, most of what I read fits perfectly with the trailer/TV spot footage so far. And Harrison Ford has always wanted to have Han Solo die after New Hope and I look forward to the fans blaming this on J J Abrams

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

who are these "MakingOf" people who leaked the entire plot and why should I believe them?

Of course, most of what I read fits perfectly with the trailer/TV spot footage so far. And Harrison Ford has always wanted to have Han Solo die after New Hope and I look forward to the fans blaming this on J J Abrams

People with connections to crew working on the movies, and because they did the same, accurately, for the prequels.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Boba Fett, clearly.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
So with each trailer/tv spot its becoming more and more clear that the spoiler of "Finn isn't the force sensitive one, its actually Rey" is at least half bullshit? They wouldn't have so much focus of him with a lightsaber (not just using one out of desperation against Ren, but also looking competent against a stormtrooper) if that were the case.

But who knows. I'm hoping to be surprised, even as I stalk the internet for clues.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
He doesn't look competent with it at all.

He is wildly swinging it around and being parried by a storm trooper with a riot baton.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Mike N Eich posted:

So with each trailer/tv spot its becoming more and more clear that the spoiler of "Finn isn't the force sensitive one, its actually Rey" is at least half bullshit? They wouldn't have so much focus of him with a lightsaber (not just using one out of desperation against Ren, but also looking competent against a stormtrooper) if that were the case.

But who knows. I'm hoping to be surprised, even as I stalk the internet for clues.

He's got it until the end of this first movie; it's a whole trilogy, so the story of Rey's force sensitivity isn't wrapped up here.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Mike N Eich posted:

It seems really stupid/hacky to have the only force sensitive be the one probably related to the Skywalkers.

It sounds exactly like something a Star Wars fan might come up with.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mike N Eich posted:

Fear of a Black Jedi

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Cross-posting from the other thread:

concept art ship noooooo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Space blowdryer collection

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Nessus posted:

Fear of a Black Jedi

Jump to 6:00 for black jedi cutting off the heads of the white devil albinoids with light sabers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4UaSGcvbE

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

a starwar betamax posted:

Space blowdryer collection

There is a precedent.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
snoke weed erry day :snoop:

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
"Supreme Leader Snoke" is a really Prequel level name there

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Mike N Eich posted:

"Supreme Leader Snoke" is a really Prequel level name there

Yeah, why don't we get the gold old names like "Grand Moff Tarkin"?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

wyoming posted:

Yeah, why don't we get the gold old names like "Grand Moff Tarkin"?

I'm pretty sure nobody in ANH ever said "Moff", and I hope nobody will address Snooky by his full title.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"supreme leader" isn't the prequelish part of his name.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Groovelord Neato posted:

"supreme leader" isn't the prequelish part of his name.

I like "Snoke". It sounds like a cute weird simple past form of "snuck".

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

smoke snake

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Snoke Sheev everyday

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Grendels Dad posted:

I like "Snoke". It sounds like a cute weird simple past form of "snuck".

the emperor in star wars was named after the politician travis bickle aims to assassinate in taxi driver and is also a reference to the central hill in rome. it also woulda been fine to just leave him as "the emperor".

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

the emperor in star wars was named after the politician travis bickle aims to assassinate in taxi driver and is also a reference to the central hill in rome. it also woulda been fine to just leave him as "the emperor".

Ah yes, the seven hills of Rome. The Aventine, the Caelian, the Capitoline, the Esquiline, the Viminal, the Quirinal, and the Sheev.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Finn is not a Jedi but a stormtrooper who deserts the First Order when he has a crisis of conscience after a participating in a gruesome raid on Jakku. Rey is a Jakku native and a survivor of that attack.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he's a rebel spy actually.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Does Luke finally skywalk in this one?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Baron Bifford posted:

Finn is not a Jedi but a stormtrooper who deserts the First Order when he has a crisis of conscience after a participating in a gruesome raid on Jakku. Rey is a Jakku native and a survivor of that attack.
Well he is not a Jedi yet, duh, he has to get trained. Luke wasn't really a "Jedi" through most of the films either.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Does Luke finally skywalk in this one?

Only while he's not looking down. Once he realizes he's up in the air he holds up a sign with " whelp" on it and plunges straight down.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

iv46vi posted:

Only while he's not looking down. Once he realizes he's up in the air he holds up a sign with " whelp" on it and plunges straight down.

First I thought you went for a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy joke but I guess the Roadrunner works too.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
It's got layers, like poetry.

On second thought, Chuck Jones doing Clone Wars would have been very neat.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
So if his name isn't really Kylo, what are the odds it's a bastardisation of his real name? Kyle "Katarn" Solo.

And, obviously, Rey "Gun" Solo.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Aaronicon posted:

Kyle "Katarn" Solo.
That would be stupid as hell, and it better be true.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Howling Man posted:

Snoke is Evil Zordon from Power Rangers.

Kelp Plankton posted:

He's a snake made of smoke

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Obviously he is going to be serpentine on account of his name is Snoke and this is Star Wars

Abner Assington posted:

Maybe he's a gundark who's tired of seeing his species having their ears pulled off by rear end in a top hat humans.

Jerkface posted:

a lowly womprat standing on a crate

God, you people are stupid.

He's obviously the Rancor from Return of the Jedi that's been resurrected using the Dark Side of the Force. Duh.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Score listing is out:

1. Main Title and the Attack on the Jakku Village

2. The Scavenger

3. I Can Fly Anything

4. Rey Meets BB-8

5. Follow Me

6. Rey’s Theme

7. The Falcon

8. That Girl with the Staff

9. The Rathtars!

10. Finn’s Confession

11. Maz’s Counsel

12. The Starkiller

13. Kylo Ren Arrives at the Battle

14. The Abduction

15. Han and Leia

16. March of the Resistance

17. Snoke

18. On the Inside

19. Torn Apart

20. The Ways of the Force

21. Scherzo for X-Wings

22. Farewell and the Trip

23. The Jedi Steps and Finale

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Disappointed they aren't going the prequels route, I want to see "22. Han died and everyone is sad about it"

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Even the track listing matches up with the earliest of the leaked summaries. I think everything has with the possible exception of the catapult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Oh man if "Scherzo for X Wings" is even half as good as "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra" we're in loving business.

• Locked thread