Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

being straight is p shameful tho

im not going to hide who i am anymore, i will not be shamed for my behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
actually being straight is pretty great and extremely easy and enjoyable.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Notorious QIG posted:

"lol @ breeders", as they say

what if ur straight and aren't going to have kids?

am i being oppressed right now?!?!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

man people really hate this game

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Radio Paranoia posted:

really the problem is being both straight and cis.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PleasureKevin posted:

aviophobia is a hell of a thing

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Al! posted:

...jetpack?

i haven't unlocked it yet but i will

I think at level like 42 I will be fully maxed on all the perks I actually want. apparently there's a way to build stealth boys into power armor, that's what I'm going for next

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

is the new battlefront really that bad

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Radio Paranoia posted:

yup

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

setafd posted:

is the new battlefront really that bad

no it's apparently fun mechanics on four maps with like two game modes

idk though i haven't played it. huge fan of the old one though

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

no it's apparently fun mechanics on four maps with like two game modes

idk though i haven't played it. huge fan of the old one though

think the most casual interpretation of "shooter" ever with admittedly gorgeous sound and visuals, with four maps and the promise of dlc and none of the fun modes that made the old battlefront great (rip galactic conquest :smith:)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

p much every podcast has been like it's good but not worth the full $60 (never mind the $110 it will cost to get all the content lol)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
this was before we were all born

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

yeah just let me take time out of my day to listen to some poorly recorded nerds talk about video games

- a guy who listens to two hours of comedy podcasts every day

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i bought ADOM

yup this is ADOM

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

i bought ADOM

yup this is ADOM

adom is the second worst of the big five hth

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dcss > nethack > rogue > adom > angband

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Notorious QIG posted:

dcss > nethack > rogue > adom > angband

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

i found one yesterday that was from a girl who ran from home the night before the bombs dropped. she didnt say it explicitly but it sure sounded like she had just come out and was thrown out if the house :smith:
was it a series of audio recordings you found after finding keys to unlock rooms and get more recordings in suspiciously chronological order and in the end it turns out she left to go wandering the wastes with her girlfriend who had almost joined the brotherhood of steel

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

actually i might put adom over rogue but honestly haven't put much time into either due to way more time in the top 2

i would also put doomrl in #4 and tome as #3

undecided on brogue

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

hmmm yeah its official, star wars is just now ruined by this game and not all the other poo poo from the last 30 years.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

jony ive aces posted:

someone apparently compiled all the cutscenes into a "movie" if you care about the earlier ones, and you can see the other endings here (the movie has the good ending though)

hurr durr the game is supposed to be boring and generic

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

forgot about the dlc thing. i'm planning on buying it when it drops below $20, which is hopefully during the thanksgiving or xmas sales.

i just got a notification this morning that gamestop's site has the original dark souls 2 season pass on sale for ~$6, and i'll probably just pick that up instead of waiting for the re-release to not be $30, and having to play the whole game over again.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jony ive aces posted:

was it a series of audio recordings you found after finding keys to unlock rooms and get more recordings in suspiciously chronological order and in the end it turns out she left to go wandering the wastes with her girlfriend who had almost joined the brotherhood of steel

no but this would be loving hilarious

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the fighter squadron mode in battlefront is pretty much multiplayer rogue squadron which is to say really really good but what with it being air combat the four maps play 99% the same and really how hard would it have been to make one goddamn space arena. its also extremely unbalanced and the hero ships are practically unkillable

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

jony ive aces posted:

Fallout 4 is a walking simulator if you think about it

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

you guys complaining about terminals know you can just click to skip the crawl right?

the only mod I'm using is the full dialogue text choices one: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Sudo Echo posted:

you guys complaining about terminals know you can just click to skip the crawl right?

the only mod I'm using is the full dialogue text choices one: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/

yeah but it's a pain in the rear end to have to click every time, and i don't rest my hand on my mouse

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Being gay is cheating.

all the sex you can handle and no kids, sounds like a winner to me

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
the only thing that really stuck out to me about star wars battlefront was the animation was really stiff and awkward. that seems to be par for most fpses though. everyone moves like they have a rod up their rear end and there's no weight in the movement

not that i guess it matters really but it offended ~*~MY AESTHETIC SENSIBILITIES~*~

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The one thing I did like about Overwatch was that it is actually a really gorgeous looking game and it ran well. Lot of destructable details to the levels.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

arkham knight is pretty lol as a game but I really liked how environmental details would just crumble before the batmobile

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

me, at my posting station

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PleasureKevin posted:

"they didnt bribe me enough"

lmao gently caress game journos

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

setafd posted:

arkham knight is pretty lol as a game but I really liked how environmental details would just crumble before the batmobile

yeah the environment looks great

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

reloaded WoW

lmao gently caress my life

make fun of me

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮