Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

TheTatteredKing posted:

His crowd would do it on their own.

His crowd are turning into rabid maniacs. /pol/ are now calling themselves the Trumpstaffel for are doxxing enemies of the Donald.

EDIT. I almost forgot... They made this:

Montasque fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pinterest Mom posted:

Critics are raving about Trump.

If you take up arms against the lawful government of these united states, you might be a confederate.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Way to nip your armed insurrection in the bud by telegraphing it to the feds, bub.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Wow already?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Awwww poo poo, Montel gonna be leading the III%ers in the revolution!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I guess so, 120 hours/ 5 = 24 hours a semester (yipes!) but if you can take a boatload of stuff over the summer you can get that down to something more reasonable.

If you bring in college credits from high school, it's not that big of a deal at all. The AP program existed when Bush would have gone to school, taking even just economics, government, and a foreign language gets you 15 credit, bringing that down to 21 per semester over 2 and a half years. It's still a heavy load, but not unreasonably so if you spread out the fluff electives. And since Bush went to a high-end prep school, he could easily have been coming in with 20-30 credits rather than just 15.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you bring in college credits from high school, it's not that big of a deal at all. The AP program existed when Bush would have gone to school, taking even just economics, government, and a foreign language gets you 15 credit, bringing that down to 21 per semester over 2 and a half years. It's still a heavy load, but not unreasonably so if you spread out the fluff electives. And since Bush went to a high-end prep school, he could easily have been coming in with 20-30 credits rather than just 15.

There's also CLEP tests

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

excellent trigger discipline

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So is like everyone in the media actually collectively coming to realize in horror that trump actually might win the nomination or something because nothing he has said recently is really any worse than what he has said the entire time

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FAUXTON posted:

:lol: it would be like him to find specific names and internet sleuth them to drop harassment bombs on twitter.

Jim Farmerton of Clare IA is just great. Loves his wife. But didn't show up on Feb 1. Can't trust someone like Jim, what a disaster he is!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
No, it's in the media's interest to maintain focus on Trump because controversy = good ratings. So they will act surprised and shocked no matter what he says, because they want to market it as the worst thing possible.

Also, they all have nonexistent memory retention. How many Trump voters now can recall the time Trump bashed McCain?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fabricated posted:

So is like everyone in the media actually collectively coming to realize in horror that trump actually might win the nomination or something because nothing he has said recently is really any worse than what he has said the entire time

Look everyone knows that the only viable candidates are establishment backed candidates even though no one really supports them.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Hey at least when the Trumpstaffel kills me, it will be ironic.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Logikv9 posted:

No, it's in the media's interest to maintain focus on Trump because controversy = good ratings. So they will act surprised and shocked no matter what he says, because they want to market it as the worst thing possible.

Exactly. Its all about clicks and ratings. This is why Nate Silver's argument that NO ONE IS PAYING ATTENTION THIS EARLY IN THE CYCLE is ridiculous. He and the 538 crew and their acolytes keep saying it like a mantra as they rock back and forth as the nightmare of a Trump Presidency takes root in their minds.

Well more people are paying attention - Trump has been trending on twitter almost every day since this thing started. Big candidates have dropped out, millions have already been spent in ads, and most telling the debates are breaking ratings records by massive margins. Its almost as if MORE people are paying attention this cycle! The kind of people who NEVER used to pay attention to primary politics!

Despite all the evidence screaming in his face, Silver maintains his position. With that said, will this mass of newly politicized people actually show up and vote in the primary? Thats the real question that will test Donald Trump's support. If they do show up he could take this, but more than likely the kind of people who support Trump would rather stay home and tweet about him than go out and cast a ballot.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Powercrazy posted:

Look everyone knows that the only viable candidates are establishment backed candidates even though no one really supports them.

keep telling yourself that about the democratic primary lmbo

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Trump's gonna win elections by large margins and nobody's gonna know what to do.

"Well, you see, after he wins a bunch of elections with double digit percentages he's gonna drop out."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Should we be worried?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/261035-fox-poll-six-republicans-would-beat-clinton

Six Republicans would beat Clinton in general.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Montasque posted:

Exactly. Its all about clicks and ratings. This is why Nate Silver's argument that NO ONE IS PAYING ATTENTION THIS EARLY IN THE CYCLE is ridiculous. He and the 538 crew and their acolytes keep saying it like a mantra as they rock back and forth as the nightmare of a Trump Presidency takes root in their minds.

Well more people are paying attention - Trump has been trending on twitter almost every day since this thing started. Big candidates have dropped out, millions have already been spent in ads, and most telling the debates are breaking ratings records by massive margins. Its almost as if MORE people are paying attention this cycle! The kind of people who NEVER used to pay attention to primary politics!

Despite all the evidence screaming in his face, Silver maintains his position. With that said, will this mass of newly politicized people actually show up and vote in the primary? Thats the real question that will test Donald Trump's support. If they do show up he could take this, but more than likely the kind of people who support Trump would rather stay home and tweet about him than go out and cast a ballot.

Agree and disagree. Trump has something.... unique for a Presidential candidate, which is the backing of a very rabid fan group. These people are all over him because he's not afraid to say the awful stuff that these awful people believe in. The fact he's doing well and for so long shows to me the possible concerns of a copy-cat campaign in the future, when somebody realizes that pandering to the crazy crowd can get you somewhere.

I don't know if he will get the nomination, but if I had to bet money (and I have) I would say no. Trump is volatile, which is one reason that people like him. On the other hand, it means that he is volatile. It's a very unknown quantity even when compared to previous historical examples, and remember he still hasn't shown that he can win primaries. Will the Trump train last for so long? Maybe, but a conservative and very cautious bet says no.

quick addon - the choice is between a candidate with a longer-than-average popularity period or an entirely new type of candidate. the simpler choice is the former.

That's the attempting-to-be-realistic theory, though. I personally want Trump to get the nom so he can get hosed in the face by Hillary's dick on national TV.

logikv9 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 23, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

mike12345 posted:

Hey at least when the Trumpstaffel kills me, it will be ironic.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Are you retarded?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Trump has a much better plan to deal with ISIL than Clinton does: Bomb the poo poo outta them and blame all failures on Obama.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I would love to be ironically killed by pro Trump militia fighters

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Logikv9 posted:

Agree and disagree. Trump has something.... unique for a Presidential candidate, which is the backing of a very rabid fan group. These people are all over him because he's not afraid to say the awful stuff that these awful people believe in. The fact he's doing well and for so long shows to me the possible concerns of a copy-cat campaign in the future, when somebody realizes that pandering to the crazy crowd can get you somewhere.

I don't know if he will get the nomination, but if I had to bet money (and I have) I would say no. Trump is volatile, which is one reason that people like him. On the other hand, it means that he is volatile. It's a very unknown quantity even when compared to previous historical examples, and remember he still hasn't shown that he can win primaries. Will the Trump train last for so long? Maybe, but a conservative and very cautious bet says no.

That's the attempting-to-be-realistic theory, though. I personally want Trump to get the nom so he can get hosed in the face by Hillary's dick on national TV.

First, I don't think Trump will be the nominee. It will most likely be Rubio if I had to guess. With that said I give Trump more of an edge than Silver does thats for sure. To dismiss him outright is madness.

And what you're seeing with Trump is what happens with someone from REAL show business shows up in politics. He's charismatic, interesting, and is winning the meme war. The terrible thing about Trump is that he's tapped into a really dark and scary vein of American politics.

Also I wouldnt bet on Trump getting face hosed by Hillary... Trump is a take no prisoners kind of guy and would most likely pivot everything to Bengazhi and Vince Foster.

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

I am ready for the coming second US civil war. I am knowlegable about military conflict and know that I should join the side that has full free market policies, uses a spearhead doctrine, and satisfies citizens consumer good demands. This is necessary if I want to not be executed after the war because I was on the wrong side.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vulture posted:

I am ready for the coming second US civil war. I am knowlegable about military conflict and know that I should join the side that has full free market policies, uses a spearhead doctrine, and satisfies citizens consumer good demands. This is necessary if I want to not be executed after the war because I was on the wrong side.

Bah who cares about the last one, you just have our AI programs control the sliders.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

General election polls have almost no value at this time. The Democratic primary is barely underway, let alone the general election campaign.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

About /pol/'s ironic support for Trump... One of them made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM2YNXHiWLk

This what Hitler's love letters to Mussolini would have looked like if they were in video form.

EDIT: As always the comments are just... just fantastic.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Peel posted:

General election polls have almost no value at this time. The Democratic primary is barely underway, let alone the general election campaign.

Wait you mean a FoxNews poll conducted by FoxNews of 1,016 participants 12 months before the election doesn't have any value? Get hosed, freak.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

About /pol/'s ironic support for Trump... One of them made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM2YNXHiWLk

This what Hitler's love letters to Mussolini would have looked like if they were in video form.

EDIT: As always the comments are just... just fantastic.

This video is amazing. Trump needs to see it if he hasn't already.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Louisgod posted:

Wait you mean a FoxNews poll conducted by FoxNews of 1,016 participants 12 months before the election doesn't have any value? Get hosed, freak.

this but for real

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Fabricated posted:

they wished and snarked and laughed in the hopes that sarcasm and twitter shaming would make it all go away

after all, this is current year!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

His crowd are turning into rabid maniacs. /pol/ are now calling themselves the Trumpstaffel for are doxxing enemies of the Donald.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Why are people so sure that Hillary is going to "gently caress [Trump] in the face"?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
I like PPP

quote:

Donald Trump tops a new poll of candidates Americans think are most likely to say something inappropriate during Thanksgiving and ruin the meal.

The survey from the left-leaning Public Policy Polling finds that 46 percent of Americans think Trump would say something to kill the mood surrounding the turkey feasting.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

This primary was funny, then really really funny, and now it's just kind of horrifying.

Remember when Trump was the least objectionable republican candidate?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Patter Song posted:

This video is amazing. Trump needs to see it if he hasn't already.

I'm sure his fans over at /pol/ have been spamming him with it between harassing his enemies on twitter.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

If they are the solution, why have they not been conscripted and airdropped into ISIL held territory?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'd sign up for the Trumpstaffel (ironically).

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Powercrazy posted:

Why are people so sure that Hillary is going to "gently caress [Trump] in the face"?

because other people don't have a hate boner for hillary clinton ya jackass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Montasque posted:

When I'd say Trumpstaffel I knew there were people who fit the bill but of course /pol/ jumps in to the empty pool head first as usual. :stonk:

• Locked thread