Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
tumblr nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I just found out that Dilbert still exist. And it's worse then ever. Not even going to post it here, but the Sunday's comic is like if "sad" and "pathetic" had a baby and it was born with cancer. http://dilbert.com/ Discuss

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Who needs Dilbert when there's Business Cat? (crossposting from Funny Pics)

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Enough of the derail about a seventeen year old's breasts please.

Instead, enjoy some Business Cat.

More here.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Nitrox posted:

I just found out that Dilbert still exist. And it's worse then ever. Not even going to post it here, but the Sunday's comic is like if "sad" and "pathetic" had a baby and it was born with cancer. http://dilbert.com/ Discuss

Dilbert has a mouth now ?!?!

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I found a funny one

http://dilbert.com/strip/2015-11-20

I chortled, which is more than most mainstream strips get

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Krinkle posted:

Let me just slam half a zen koan into an aesop's fable and... what. what was the point of this? He's supposed to be a frog but instead he's a monk and he doesn't even achieve enlightenment at the end so why did he do this?

I've always heard it as a monk. He keeps helping the scorpion and keeps getting stung.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I found a funny one

http://dilbert.com/strip/2015-11-20

I chortled, which is more than most mainstream strips get

I know it's just his strawman for people who disagree with him, but the name "Dick, from the internet" is such a great joke that I don't care.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Dr_Amazing posted:

I've always heard it as a monk. He keeps helping the scorpion and keeps getting stung.

But the frog drowns, carrying the scorpion, the frog says "you dumb fucker we're both dead now". It's a pretty famous parable. I've never heard of a monk that helps a scorpion. The monk is always talking to other monks and someone asks a question and at this the monk was ~enlightened~

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
"A goon asked Joshu, a PYF forums moderator: `Has a comic Funny-nature or not?'
Joshu answered: 'Mu.'"

Mumon's comments: To realize PYF, one has to pass through the barrier of the mods. Enlightenment always comes after the road of thinking is blocked. If you do not pass the barrier of the mods or if your thinking road is not blocked, whatever you think, whatever you do, is like a tangling ghost. You may ask: What is a barrier of a mod? This one word, Mu, is it.

This is the barrier of PYF. If you pass through it you will see Joshu face to face. Then you can work hand in hand with the whole line of mods. Is this not a pleasant thing to do?

If you want to pass this barrier, you must post through every bone in your body, through ever pore in your skin, filled with this question: What is Mu? and carry it day and night. Do not believe it is the common negative symbol meaning nothing. It is not nothingness, the opposite of existence. If you really want to pass this barrier, you should feel like drinking a hot iron ball that you can neither swallor nor spit out.

Then your previous lesser knowledge disappears. As a fruit ripening in season, your subjectivity and objectivity naturally become one. It is like a dumb man who has had a dream. He knows about it but cannot tell it.

When he enters this condition his ego-shell is crushed and he can shake the heaven and move the earth. He is like a great warrior with a sharp sword. If a Lowtax stands in his way, he will cut him down; if a moderator offers him any obstacle, he will kill him; and he will be free in this way of birth and death. He can enter any forum as if it were his own playground. I will tell you how to do this with this koan:

Just concentrate your whole energy into this Mu, and do not allow any discontinuation. When you enter this Mu and there is no discontinuation, your attainment will be as a candle burning and illuminating the whole forums.

Has a comic Funny-nature?
This is the most serious question of all.
If you say yes or no,
You lose your own Funny-nature.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dilbert is better than 90% of webcomics.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

DontMockMySmock posted:

Mumon's comments: To realize PYF, one has to pass through the barrier of the mods. Enlightenment always comes after the road of thinking is blocked. If you do not pass the barrier of the mods or if your thinking road is not blocked, whatever you think, whatever you do, is like a tangling ghost. You may ask: What is a barrier of a mod? This one word, Mu, is it.

This is the barrier of PYF. If you pass through it you will see Joshu face to face. Then you can work hand in hand with the whole line of mods. Is this not a pleasant thing to do?

If you want to pass this barrier, you must post through every bone in your body, through ever pore in your skin, filled with this question: What is Mu? and carry it day and night. Do not believe it is the common negative symbol meaning nothing. It is not nothingness, the opposite of existence. If you really want to pass this barrier, you should feel like drinking a hot iron ball that you can neither swallor nor spit out.

Then your previous lesser knowledge disappears. As a fruit ripening in season, your subjectivity and objectivity naturally become one. It is like a dumb man who has had a dream. He knows about it but cannot tell it.

When he enters this condition his ego-shell is crushed and he can shake the heaven and move the earth. He is like a great warrior with a sharp sword. If a Lowtax stands in his way, he will cut him down; if a moderator offers him any obstacle, he will kill him; and he will be free in this way of birth and death. He can enter any forum as if it were his own playground. I will tell you how to do this with this koan:

Just concentrate your whole energy into this Mu, and do not allow any discontinuation. When you enter this Mu and there is no discontinuation, your attainment will be as a candle burning and illuminating the whole forums.

If you say yes or no,

Okay this balances out somebody straight up linking to dilbert.com

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

DontMockMySmock posted:

If you say yes or no,

Joshu's Comic :golfclap:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Who needs Dilbert when there's Business Cat? (crossposting from Funny Pics)

mmm yes when I asked "how can memes get better" clearly the answer was "make them three panels longer"

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Krinkle posted:

But the frog drowns, carrying the scorpion, the frog says "you dumb fucker we're both dead now". It's a pretty famous parable. I've never heard of a monk that helps a scorpion. The monk is always talking to other monks and someone asks a question and at this the monk was ~enlightened~

Now that you mention it I have heard that one. Three's a really similar one where a scorpion is drowning (maybe a sequel) The monk reaches into the water and saves him, but gets stung. As he reaches in again, another monk says "Why are you doing that? You're just going to get stung again." He says that's it's just the scorpion's nature to sting people, and it's his own nature to try to save things.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Dr_Amazing posted:

Now that you mention it I have heard that one. Three's a really similar one where a scorpion is drowning (maybe a sequel) The monk reaches into the water and saves him, but gets stung. As he reaches in again, another monk says "Why are you doing that? You're just going to get stung again." He says that's it's just the scorpion's nature to sting people, and it's his own nature to try to save things.

That's one dumb-rear end monk. He could just fish it out with a stick or something.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Krinkle posted:

I'm absolutely pro "FUKKEN KILL PENNyARDS ARCADE!!!!!" but on the other hand, can you actually point to the parable you're talking about?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
The frog parable makes more sense as a metaphor for the situation they're trying to portray but the monk parable makes more sense as a metaphor for penny arcade being lovely and worthless

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

http://buddhistreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/monk-and-scorpion.html

Apparently there are just different versions of the same parable so...

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Nitrox posted:

Here is a nice comic that nobody would take offense to

Never go full Buckley.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I thought you couldnt do that though.
You could only go on and on for years drawing the same half lidded mouth open expression: never moving past.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I thought you couldnt do that though.
You could only go on and on for years drawing the same half lidded mouth open expression: never moving past.

Even Buckley hasn't gone full Buckley, because that would involve putting a loving effort into something.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

He's even got the hoverhands.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion finds himself sinking in the water. He sees
the frog swimming away, and has just enough time to gasp
"Why?" The frog replies: "Get Out."

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The old "don't entrust your life to someone who has a family to feed and protection fees to pay to Uncle Pike to be able to come to your workplace and catch larvae unmolested" moral.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Phyzzle posted:

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,
the scorpion finds himself sinking in the water. He sees
the frog swimming away, and has just enough time to gasp
"Why?" The frog replies: "Get Out."

This is the story I'll tell my children.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I've thought about getting all of these shirts for my band to wear live.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

comic bad

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

maybe so, but I would wear the hell out of that "what the hell people" shirt.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

maybe so, but I would wear the hell out of that "what the hell people" shirt.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

so that's where the name for that satellite high song came from

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is my favorite shirt. :negative:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

These are way funnier than they have any right to be.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Enough of the derail about a seventeen year old's breasts please.

Instead, enjoy some Business Cat.

More here.

I like how I knew exactly who people were talking about without having to check.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Oh my god I am dying

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Coohoolin posted:

I like how I knew exactly who people were talking about without having to check.

Truly your finest hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

• Locked thread