Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Peyton is not going gently into that good night, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope Peyton spends the rest of this season and the entire offseason loading up on Roids and HGH until he's a superhulk with arm strength again, then goes and plays for some NFC team so I don't have to deal with his poo poo any more.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I hope Peyton spends the rest of this season and the entire offseason loading up on Roids and HGH until he's a superhulk with arm strength again, then goes and plays for some NFC team so I don't have to deal with his poo poo any more.

Like he hasn't been already.

You think it's normal for a human being to have a forehead like that?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It sucks that the Bengals lost to Carson Palmer but drat if that wasn't a hell of a game. Not sure why we were running prevent at the end there considering who we had in the secondary, but the comeback in the 4th quarter proved as much to me about this team's character as any of the wins so far.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

This is like when people were accusing Johnny Damon of taking steroids, even while he was grounding weakly to short and tossing up blimps from the outfield.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

NC-17 posted:

You think it's normal for a human being to have a forehead like that?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I've always wanted to know what he was doing here.

that's about 95k I think. If that's a strict press from the back rack that's pretty loving impressive.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

I've always wanted to know what he was doing here.

that's about 95k I think. If that's a strict press from the back rack that's pretty loving impressive.

football players are really strong even the ones with noodle arms

Nov 6, 2002

The Broncos should probably just stick Peyton on IR at this point.

Truth be told, I hope he plays on Sunday against New England for old times sake.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Brady - Osweiler I has a nice sound to it tho

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

NC-17 posted:

Truth be told, I hope he plays on Sunday against New England for old times sake.

Well that and the five ints he'd throw I'm sure.

Nov 6, 2002

SlipUp posted:

Well that and the five ints he'd throw I'm sure.

:ssh:

You don't wanna see Peyton Manning face off against Brady and Belichick one more time in November in Foxboro?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

:ssh:

You don't wanna see Peyton Manning face off against Brady and Belichick one more time in November in Foxboro?

Isn't the game in Denver?

Nov 6, 2002

Oh yeah, so it is.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Anaranjado posted:

Brady - Osweiler I has a nice sound to it tho

Jimmy G vs Brock for the next ten years

*five years from now

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Anaranjado posted:

It sucks that the Bengals lost to Carson Palmer but drat if that wasn't a hell of a game. Not sure why we were running prevent at the end there considering who we had in the secondary, but the comeback in the 4th quarter proved as much to me about this team's character as any of the wins so far.

That penalty was horse poo poo.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

wandler20 posted:

It's week 11 and the Bucs are legit in the playoff talks. Here is the rest of the schedule:

@Indy
ATL
NO
@STL
CHI
@CAR

Those are games that are winnable (Carolina will probably be resting starters in week 17).

That just means that Derek Anderson is going to Do Work against the Bucs again (yes I realize that was last year)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Re: Case keenum

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/31...glZ60AaMNYiR3_T

Yeah, he's fine, leave him in.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

This is like when people were accusing Johnny Damon of taking steroids...tossing up blimps from the outfield.

So his entire career then?

Early in the season Peyton still looked ok once they let him do his own thing and went away from Kubiak's offense. He's just physically falling apart earlier in the season every year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

Re: Case keenum

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/31...glZ60AaMNYiR3_T

Yeah, he's fine, leave him in.

If you watch the NFL network highlight of the game they are just like "keenum has a head injury"

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Farking Bastage posted:

They would have made the kick regardless IMHO, the defense didn't hold. That's the real issue

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Farking Bastage posted:

Nah, there is no way the defense was trying to call out to watch for a run when there were 6 seconds on the clock, Arizona had no time outs, and it was clear they were going to spike it to kick a FG. Smart heads up play if you don't get caught since the false start ends the quarter after the 10 second run off, but he got caught.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Actually it's worse, much worse. That was against a good* team in a game the Jets weren't expected to win because they were a 4-6 disaster and were going nowhere fast that season. Yesterday was against a bad team, in a must win game for the playoff picture, against a 3rd string QB who was out of the NFL 3 weeks ago.

My team is better than your team

Eat it loser

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

That was against a good* team
Hahahahaha.

Nov 6, 2002

All I know is one more loss and it's going to be Geno time in NYC.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

NC-17 posted:

All I know is one more loss and it's going to be Geno time in NYC.

Why? What's the point?

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Sure our defense dominated you the entire game and our receiver made your all-pro cb look like poo poo, but you were still the better team.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

wandler20 posted:

It's week 11 and the Bucs are legit in the playoff talks. Here is the rest of the schedule:

@Indy
ATL
NO
@STL
CHI
@CAR

Those are games that are winnable (Carolina will probably be resting starters in week 17).

It's an exciting day to be a Bucs fan. What turnaround.

The Panthers won't rest their starters.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mcmagic posted:

Why? What's the point?

Get some trade bait going if he can luck into playing against resting starters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

PrinceRandom posted:

Sure our defense dominated you the entire game and our receiver made your all-pro cb look like poo poo, but you were still the better team.

When did I say the jets were the better team? If there is even a discussion about the Jets being better or worse than the mediocre Texans after the way the season started out at 4-1 then it's clearly turned into a giant shitshow... As I said.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Why? What's the point?

Because the postseason will be effectively out of reach, might as well play the young quarterback to see what he shows. Also Fitzpatrick has played fairly poorly in the last two games, so there may be pressure there to make a change.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fitz's ability to get fan bases excited through October season-after-season is pretty remarkable.

To be fair, he's one of the easiest people in the league to root for. That rushing TD yesterday comes to mind.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

NC-17 posted:

Because the postseason will be effectively out of reach, might as well play the young quarterback to see what he shows. Also Fitzpatrick has played fairly poorly in the last two games, so there may be pressure there to make a change.

He's had 30 NFL starts.

Nov 6, 2002

And very few of those with real talent around him.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

zimbomonkey posted:

The Panthers won't rest their starters.

Also that list does not look like these are wins to a team that has already lost to the Texans and Titans.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

Also that list does not look like these are wins to a team that has already lost to the Texans and Titans.

Sure because no team has ever been able to turn it around and be successful after having bad beats on their schedule.

Not saying that's whats happening with the Bucs, even though it looks like it is, but teams can get better through the season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

NC-17 posted:

And very few of those with real talent around him.

They have 5 wins and aren't getting a top pick. gently caress watching Geno poo poo it up for some non existent trade value. He's awful and has no trade value. And to be fair, the collapse that they are in right now is about MUCH more than Fitzpatrick though he's been bad too.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Jets' run D has looked bad the last two weeks. I don't know what has happened.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Fitz's ability to get fan bases excited through October season-after-season is pretty remarkable.

To be fair, he's one of the easiest people in the league to root for. That rushing TD yesterday comes to mind.
There's no way Fitz wasn't concussed on that TD run. Every other time he FitzVicks it, he comes up screaming and headbutting teammates and is super pumped. Yesterday it looked like he didn't even know who he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Some thoughts on Seahawks-49ers:

- Tyler Lockett and Thomas Rawls are really good, and I'm excited to see them play for several more seasons. Rawls was everything we wanted from Christine Michael, sans the fumbles.
- Our already bad o-line sustained 3 injuries. 2 of them should be no big deal and ready for next week, but man it could get a lot worse before it gets better.
- In the past four games I've watched against the 49ers, I think the 9ers looked the best with Gabbert as QB. That's how bad Kaep has become.
- Everything we needed to happen to get closer to the wild card occurred. It's still gonna need to be a "win every game" at this point.
- Marshawn might need season-ending sports hernia surgery :smith: It's nice to know Rawls is there, but it's sad to see Lynch go out this way.

Football is still somewhat tolerable to watch, for now.

• Locked thread