Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FPzero posted:

I mean, the characters are gonna be in armor 99% of the time, right? You can't see the boobs through the armor!

Yes, "armor".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Motto posted:

Yes, "armor".

Shameful this was cut from yhe game. Im boycotting the Nintendo WiiU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:chanpop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Austrian mook posted:

Shameful this was cut from yhe game. Im boycotting the Nintendo WiiU

Nah, they're still in, you just can't put them on the 1215 year old anymore

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
That armor is specifically designed to deflect any and all attakcs from Ben Carson

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

chris has some serious issues he should probably seek help about

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whatever

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Cool twitter guy

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

Thank god. Boycott over.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The breast slider thing is dumb though, if they'd left it in a grand total of zero people would have actually cared.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

The breast slider thing is dumb though, if they'd left it in a grand total of zero people would have actually cared.

Seems to have genuinely caused more of a fuss to have taken it out, honestly

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Oh yeah, Lin is apparently still 13 years old, despite what gaming news sites have reported.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe they should have given her an age slider....

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Austrian mook posted:

When BAYONETTA 2 was still introducing new enemy variants up until the final level I knew it was a very special game.

Enemy variety is such an important part of action-based games and way too many games neglect it. Like, Halo has basically been using the same enemy types for the last 7 games with only minor variations and additions

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Augus posted:

Enemy variety is such an important part of action-based games and way too many games neglect it. Like, Halo has basically been using the same enemy types for the last 7 games with only minor variations and additions

Ya. Platinum is one of the only devs who has the balls to actually put a significant amount of content into the last third of their games. Go look at trophy stats for most games, half of all players here dont even get past the second or third level. This doesn't seem true for japanese games though, maybe a cultural difference? Anyway, my point is that western devs front load all their good stuff and its stupid. gently caress America

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd like the code for this level please.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Pretty much. I understand the logic behind altering Lin the potato's costumes, but I don't understand removing character creation sliders because all it's done is cause a shitstorm.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tell me of something that did not cause a shitstorm on the 'net, and I will reveal to the world what a liar you are.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Strangely enough, the issue of X men where Storm took a poo poo was uncontroversial.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's pretty overly puritanical to remove the boob slider, yeah. It's not even a pervy thing, bust size does contribute to the overall look of a character. But acknowledging that boobs are a thing is bad so it's gotta go.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I don't know what he's saying but I agree with having lots of anime titty everywhere

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Terper posted:

Tell me of something that did not cause a shitstorm on the 'net, and I will reveal to the world what a liar you are.

Millions of things happen every day without causing a storm. Get out of here with this garbage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It was kinda messed up that the only sliders you have are height and boob. If you're skinny or fat you can't make yourself, only short to tall and how long and messed up your boobs are.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't think it's really caused a shitstorm among anyone but absolute weirdos. I doubt it'll dent the game's sales at all.

Leaving it in probably wouldn't dent the game's sales either, but you'd probably have seen several reviews pointing out how awkward it is. Maybe they just weighed "screaming anime avatars on twitter" versus "press coverage of the game makes it seem creepy" and decided they could live with the first option.

If your game has only two body sliders, you should probably make them height and weight. Boob doesn't really need to come into the picture until you've got several sliders in the mix.

Also, if your game has only two body sliders, you should probably make sure all possible combinations look good, since there's only two axes to contend with. The max boob option looked downright stupid.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 23, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Im also glad that game companies are pandering to video game critics, the biggest retards on planet earth

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

My heart goes out to all of the busty women who are underrepresented in video games.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Gamers of all shapes and sizes deserve representation. gently caress off with this body-shaming horseshit

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

This is a good point, doesn't make sense to not include sliders so your character can be a fat tub of lard with a neckbeard that can't walk more than 50 feet due to their IBS and can't explore New Los Angeles due to the overwhelming feeling of anxiety of being in public. Basically ,me

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Millions of things happen every day without causing a storm. Get out of here with this garbage.

I was being facetious, but I don't think "it'll only cause a shitstorm on the net" is a reason to not do a thing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Louisgod posted:

This is a good point, doesn't make sense to not include sliders so your character can be a fat tub of lard with a neckbeard that can't walk more than 50 feet due to their IBS and can't explore New Los Angeles due to the overwhelming feeling of anxiety of being in public. Basically ,me

I think. NLA has lower gravity so you'd be able to explore probably.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Saying no would have cared if they left the boob slider in, but people would care if they took it out rings a little hollow when you look at the response to when it was first revealed. They took it out because it looked silly, not a big mystery here folks.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3642673&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=19

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Beef Jerky

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think this is worth feelings or discussion stronger than that it was a little silly to make such a limited character creator and/or for NoA to be afraid of a game they published to have the word "bust" in it, and it's really silly seeing people trying to present it as a serious body-shaming thing one way or the other.

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 23, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Let's keep this civil people; take it to the Xenoblade thread!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Every time the people who get angry over anime babes in their otaku video games are more pathetic than the nerds who just wanna jerk off while playing their game. Let them, I say.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

mabels big day posted:

I appreciate the thought, but censorship affects all of us.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Why would you be so cruel as to lead anybody to that thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The colloquial concept of censorship (rude 'n' lewd things being made less rude 'n' lewd) is different than the legal concept of censorship (a government or other authouritative force limiting someone's speech) and the two should not be conflated. Treating these distinct concepts interchangeably is how you get anime avatar nerds who think it's against the first amendment for a game developer to voluntarily remove panty shots from their own game.

• Locked thread