Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Syncopated posted:

if you didn't already have that av, someone would have to buy it for you

you can hear the police helicopter and know exactly where it's flying and the thing had all its running lights turned off

do you not live in an area with a police helicopter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
they should probably use fog lights in your neighbourhood for their own safety

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Space-Pope posted:

running lights are required by the FAA, sure

but the FAA only deals with civilian air traffic. so i guess police helicopters would be exempt

poo poo is weird and very unnerving

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SmokaDustbowl posted:

poo poo is weird and very unnerving
maybe they know about your involvement with hacker forums

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

kalstrams posted:

maybe they know about your involvement with hacker forums

maybe they're doing some sort of raid so I should stay the gently caress indoors lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
last place I lived at the police did a raid. I was just falling asleep and it was KABLAM from a flashbang down the block and it startled me so bad I fuckin sat up in bed like some exorcist poo poo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

you can hear the police helicopter and know exactly where it's flying and the thing had all its running lights turned off

do you not live in an area with a police helicopter?

i only ever see/hear the ambulance helicopter, op. they have lights on

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Syncopated posted:

i only ever see/hear the ambulance helicopter, op. they have lights on

the police helicopter always flies in circles, so you can instantly tell it's the ghetto bird

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
https://vine.co/v/izzdBnr3mpW

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoghxwETng

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

that hosed up space bar argh!

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

clearly the solution is to trade all the bogans and rednecks for refugees. gets rid of the xenophobia, doesnt tax the infrastructure from overpopulation and the country ends up with a population thats actually more productive and useful

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM5_dgKDsrc

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Space-Pope posted:

running lights are required by the FAA, sure

but the FAA only deals with civilian air traffic. so i guess police helicopters would be exempt

The argument that rc pilots I mean those filthy millennial drone people use is that the faa technically doesn't have jurisdiction in airspace less than 500ft above ground unless it's like an airport or something

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Make free gasoline!

Step 1: buy thousands of dollars of material and tools

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLLCwb1a5oU

so much fail lmao

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

wow the police helicopter is flying in my area in stealth mode. it turned off all the running lights and poo poo. is that even legal? I thought aircraft had to have running lights

anyway it's a good sign that I should put out my smoke and go back inside

lol where do you actually live? weren't you the same person that had a bunch of other police activities around you last time?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

epic

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Segmentation Fault posted:

I posted this in the sec fuckup thread and everyone got mad at me

tell you what bucky, when you're a respected veteran poster like NMN, you can post all the goddamn sex hentai manga from japan you want

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

tell you what bucky, when you're a respected veteran poster like NMN, you can post all the goddamn sex hentai manga from japan you want

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Crusader posted:

obama dont make faces at jack

"he's doing it again, isn't he?"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lolin from re: a ticket came in. CE is chief engineer, larches former boss as of 5pm Friday.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Panty Saluter posted:

Make free gasoline!

Step 1: buy thousands of dollars of material and tools

Incidentally, if the world collapses, it's far easier to convert your car to run on ethanol, which semi-literate hillbillies can make in the woods, than to make your own gasoline.

Old cars need some new fuel lines and 40% larger carburetor jets; new cars may literally only need reprogramming

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

KoRMaK posted:

Lolin from re: a ticket came in. CE is chief engineer, larches former boss as of 5pm Friday.

lol

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sagebrush posted:

Incidentally, if the world collapses, it's far easier to convert your car to run on ethanol, which semi-literate hillbillies can make in the woods, than to make your own gasoline.

Old cars need some new fuel lines and 40% larger carburetor jets; new cars may literally only need reprogramming

ya rly

its funny because someone in the comments said "be sure to add 10% ethanol" and im like you may as well add 100% since you won't be getting any energy from youtr "gasoline"

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

the text he sends back is even better

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Panty Saluter posted:

its funny because someone in the comments said "be sure to add 10% ethanol" and im like you may as well add 100% since you won't be getting any energy from youtr "gasoline"

uh, yeah you will, i mean that is a legit process which actually does work, you get real car-compatible gasoline with possibly a bit more knocking in older engines. it's just extremely stupid to actually do on a home scale.

it only really becomes worth it when you do it at factory scales.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

yospos bithc

also: aww yeah lets get some real computer janitor laffs into this thread ftw. just wait until someone posts the background and follow up to that text saying "where are you", then the lulz will really hit the second tower

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 23, 2015

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
where is my water powered car

just shoots out a jet of water to get me where i need to go

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

fishmech posted:

uh, yeah you will, i mean that is a legit process which actually does work, you get real car-compatible gasoline with possibly a bit more knocking in older engines. it's just extremely stupid to actually do on a home scale.

it only really becomes worth it when you do it at factory scales.

oh i always thought gasoline was distilled from petroleum, not randome household garbage and limes

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
[img-mr. fusion from back from the future

[video-onion talks about compost powered cars

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Panty Saluter posted:

oh i always thought gasoline was distilled from petroleum, not randome household garbage and limes

petroleum is just the easiest thing to make gas out of, since you can just distill it, because with it you're mostly just separating out the hydrocarbons used for gasoline from the other ones in the crude (and you use some of the others for boat motor oil, and others for lubrication, etc).

you can however make the same hydrocarbons from most plant matter, and some animal matter, by using the Fischer–Tropsch process (as that page tells you have to do) or others. normally the only reason you would do this is due to things like, it's world war ii, you're nazi germany, and you need gasoline for your dumb war. you can also make it out of coal and even natural gas with that same process. so instead of distilling the already existing hydrocarbons you want, you're creating them anew from your different input materials, and then distilling them from what you've just produced

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

that hosed up space bar argh!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Panty Saluter posted:

don't believe Big Oil's lies!

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
my car runs off of bud light lime

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
my car also runs off of piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Oil is made out of dead plants and animals.

• Locked thread