Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Snape kills Kilgrave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Snape kills Kilgrave.

Snape killed Snape. Kilgrave did nothing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mods please change my name to either Murdercorpse or Snuffcarcas.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
You really do have to have a small penis to name yourself something like Kilgrave or Murdercorpse or Snuffcarcass or Deathplague

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

You really do have to have a small penis to name yourself something like Kilgrave or Murdercorpse or Snuffcarcass or Deathplague

:rip:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm rereading Alias right now but (comics spoilers) when Kilgrave was venting about what he was going to do to Jessica and said "I'll make her want me and never give her what she wants", that's what he did to her in the comics right? Also, how do comic fans feel about changing that to explicitly rape in the show? I don't think it's a big deal, because the show takes the clear position that the true violation of Kilgrave is his power and not necessarily what he makes people do.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If only Jessica had a nerdy hollywood hacker in her crew to smugly explain how to recover deleted files, things would have been much simpler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

I'm rereading Alias right now but (comics spoilers) when Kilgrave was venting about what he was going to do to Jessica and said "I'll make her want me and never give her what she wants", that's what he did to her in the comics right? Also, how do comic fans feel about changing that to explicitly rape in the show? I don't think it's a big deal, because the show takes the clear position that the true violation of Kilgrave is his power and not necessarily what he makes people do.

Yes.

I don't think the original version would quite fit in the show. Kilgrave isn't out to torture Jessica when he first gets her or anything. He likes her.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

If only Jessica had a nerdy hollywood hacker in her crew to smugly explain how to recover deleted files, things would have been much simpler.

Or Google. It's really not difficult.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think you are giving the average police department too much credit.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Drythe posted:

You're being really goddamn dumb about this.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I think you are giving the average police department too much credit.

I know

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Drythe posted:

Black cop 2 days from retirement also says that all those officers could be in a lot of trouble and lose their jobs if the "suicide" joke came to light. So another reason why they wouldn't look into it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I thought it was 2 years from retirement. Poor black cop.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drythe posted:

Should not have faked that serial killer with the notorious alcoholic cop.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Drythe posted:

Yea it is. I just like that he's a walking cliche. I am disappointed he never said he was too old for this poo poo.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

At least he wasn't talking about how he was inside someone.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Seriously I thought he was going to be an ironic cliche inversion who never died given that Old Cranky Black Cop Two Years From Retirement is like the laziest cliche you can come up with but nooooope. May he join Daredevil's Old Cranky Black Reporter Two Years From Retirement in the great corner bar in the sky~

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Marvel hates black people.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
#blackcopsmatter

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deakul posted:

Marvel hates black people.

In this show especially

Poor black cop being shot by the white cop.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

In this show especially

In Netflix. Black reporter Ben Urich is killed in Daredevil.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Black Man's bar he built with his dead wife blows up

Black Wife dies also

Black man is a drug addict

God drat Netflix

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Drythe posted:

Black Wife dies also

God drat Netflix

The British did all that

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Drythe posted:

Black Wife dies also

God drat Netflix

where yr intersectional feminism melissa rosenberg

why yr show so racist

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
What is with Rosario Dawson and eye needles

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Drythe posted:

Black Wife dies also

God drat Netflix

Counterpoint :

Full Season Spoilers

All authority and help that Jessica Jones receives is from African Americans. It's almost like their saying SWM cannot help women at all and only harm them.

Luke Cage - Helps

Malcom - Helps A Lot

Detective - Helps and is the person she turns to in order to prove Hopes innocence

Kilgrave - Rapes her

Simpson - Fails miserably and tries to kill her

Incestwi- Obsesses over her and believes he loves her. He's literally a beta male , puts her on a pedestal ,which with his death causes more problems for Jessica although not really his fault

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Counterpoint :

All authority and help that Jessica Jones receives is from African Americans. It's almost like their saying SWM cannot help women at all and only harm them.

Luke Cage - Helps

Malcom - Helps A Lot

Detective - Helps and is the person she turns to in order to prove Hopes innocence

Kilgrave - Rapes her

Simpson - Fails miserably and tries to kill her

Incestwi- Obsesses over her and believes he loves her. He's literally a beta male , puts her on a pedestal ,which with his death causes more problems for Jessica although not really his fault

Also all those horrible things are all due to a white British male.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 23, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Also all those horrible things are all due to a white British male.

In addition to this I just noticed that

Simpson - Almost literal MRA , Red Pill, the idealistic male of Reddit's RedPill.

Twindude - a "Beta Male" that is looked on derision by MRA people. this is the type of person they don't want to be ,but feel trapped in being.

Both of whose obsessive behavior with women leads to worse situations for Jessica.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 23, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We're beyond Spoilerdome now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It may be a happy coincidence with Simpson ,but it's still really funny.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

zoux posted:

Comic and full season spoiler
I think the comic touches more on a much more terrifying way what Jessica went through. She mentions to Luke that she was afraid she couldn't tell the difference after a while between what was her thoughts and his commands. Like if Kilgrave tells you to love him, you don't say "I love you" and in your mind you're screaming, in your mind and body you love him. I was wondering they would go into her past more, but I'm kind of glad they moved on other areas. The comic version almost feels like a gratuitous rape fantasy. I think the exact quote is "I would beg him to gently caress me. I would beg him 'til I cried" :wtc:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

zoux posted:

I recall a interview where Brian Michael Bendis stated that it was a editorial decision to not allow him to explicitly write that comic spoiler Kilgrave was raping Jessica . He had wanted to do that ,but it just wasn't allowed.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 23, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

The British did all that

Are you saying we should hate the British?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PantsBandit posted:

Episode 11 should been called "AKA Spinning Our Wheels"

Seriously, nothing loving happened Jessica gets hit by a truck, Simpson takes magic pills to make him super strong, Trish takes same magic pills to make her apparently as strong(?) as a man who still has probably 50 pounds on her. The scenes about Jess's past are always nice though

To be fair, Patsy had been training to gently caress people up for the last few years in response to Jessica's abduction by Killgrave. So it's not that unbelievable that she could at least hold her own vs. a severely injured guy who just went a couple rounds with Jessica.

bobkatt013 posted:

In this show especially

Black guy at a crime scene with a gun, war hero white cop just didn't have a choice. Hannity will back me up on this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought that Trish's history as a Disney style teen star was a clever way to work in her romance comics origins. I had no idea what they were going to go with for Patsy Walker in JJ but she really ended up being instrumental to the show.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

They should let Patsy Walker cross over with Doctor Strange in the film, but they're not. I'll be kind of aggravated if they don't put Luke Cage in the Avengers film that's coming up.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I wish there was more of Kilgrave unconsciously controlling people. Like when he told his bodyguard "say hello (whatever his name was)" and the bodyguard literally said "hello (whatever)" then looked confused at why he did that, followed by Kilgrave sighing.

I do like that they didn't try to go the "sympathetic villain" route with him even though they hinted at it a few times. Purple Man is just an immoral bastard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I wish there was more of Kilgrave unconsciously controlling people. Like when he told his bodyguard "say hello (whatever his name was)" and the bodyguard literally said "hello (whatever)" then looked confused at why he did that, followed by Kilgrave sighing.

I do like that they didn't try to go the "sympathetic villain" route with him even though they hinted at it a few times. Purple Man is just an immoral bastard.

They did hint at it then it was just a poor me, I am the victim act. He was just a complete bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I wish the show had committed to Kilgrave and Jessica fighting crimes together for a few episodes because Kilgrave as a "good" guy was hilarious

I mean, I totally understand why it would be awful from a characterization perspective, but the heart wants what it wants