Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Krataar posted:

So i've been lazy and haven't jumped back into goons yet while I dick around with industry. Does anybody have good advice on where/how to buy minerals/ore.

Also miniluv showed up in Sinq Laison and killed 5 of my friends doing an ice mining op. Absolutely wonderful to see. They still refuse to tank their ships. In Brapelille.

There is a shitload of miners in Dek so locally sourcing your minerals is easy, also another good way to source minerals is just buying ratloot off people and melting it down. Just set something up with someone on a 1 on 1 basis. I know plenty of miners that love to have guaranteed buyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Clearly what we need to do is go the way of the Karlings and have all the members of the CFCImperium fight viciously until someone not-us threatens us at which point we band together and viciously hatefuck the outsider before returning to shivving each other.

I mean, it's really the best of both worlds :v:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Orlando Furioso posted:

The comments on the associated reddit post about that article are peak cognitive dissonance. Apparently the Imperium is in some sort of indeterminate state where we're both utterly invincible yet one small step from catastrophic collapse...

It's hilarious to watch.

Umberto Eco posted:

the followers of Ur-Fascism must also be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Have any more samples come out from that fountain book? The only one I've seen was the awkward one about elo knight and tengus.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Have any more samples come out from that fountain book? The only one I've seen was the awkward one about elo knight and tengus.

Man if I was Jeff Edwards I'd be like: gently caress this game and gently caress that community. They viciously savaged his first samples why would he wanna give 'em any more feed.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
It's pretty much just 'grr mittani grr' and 'why don't you just disband to make us happy even though we hate you and yours', which are things I'm entirely comfortable with. I'm not sure why our foes think we owe them anything, or react with such thwarted entitlement when we don't hurt ourselves on their behalf. My theory is that it comes from the structure of subreddits - the idea of popularity from 300 upvotes gives rise to a false expectation of an impact on reality.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Numismancer posted:

It's pretty much just 'grr mittani grr' and 'why don't you just disband to make us happy even though we hate you and yours', which are things I'm entirely comfortable with. I'm not sure why our foes think we owe them anything, or react with such thwarted entitlement when we don't hurt ourselves on their behalf. My theory is that it comes from the structure of subreddits - the idea of popularity from 300 upvotes gives rise to a false expectation of an impact on reality.

Time to hand out paps for strategic reddit posting.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Time to hand out paps for strategic reddit posting.

That's a good way to get anyone involved's reddit account banned.

So its basically a good idea all around, is what I'm saying.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

ChickenWing posted:

That's a good way to get anyone involved's reddit account banned.

So its basically a good idea all around, is what I'm saying.

"Oh no I'm banned from reddit!" - no one ever

Edit: The worst that could happen is we sperg rush r/eve and over run it ultimately causing it to go into the shitter or become a forgotten subreddit which is win win.

Edit 2: Also I would like to go ahead and say that this is not at all a serious idea, please don't take strategic paps per reddit post literally. Unless you think it's halarious and would be a great idea then by all means it was my idea.

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 23, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Edit 2: Also I would like to go ahead and say that this is not at all a serious idea, please don't take strategic paps per reddit post literally. Unless you think it's halarious and would be a great idea then by all means it was my idea

You're gonna be the next dank leak over there

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Bigbillthaboss posted:

"Oh no I'm banned from reddit!" - no one ever

tbh vote brigading and ruining r/eve would be hilarious and i really wish the cfc would do it

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm not going to read the article, but I love how they use the word "serfdom" in the title, when we're the only major entity that has never done mandatory CTAs, which are as close to literal serfdom as will be found.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

CommonShore posted:

I'm not going to read the article, but I love how they use the word "serfdom" in the title, when we're the only major entity that has never done mandatory CTAs, which are as close to literal serfdom as will be found.

i thought it was gonna be an article about the roman empire poo poo and when i read it I was extremely disappointed

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

It was pretty much: grr everyone else imploded you should too!

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

tbh vote brigading and ruining r/eve would be hilarious and i really wish the cfc would do it

God yes. Seeing them crushed under the system they thought would protect them would be very poetic. The problem would be mustering up the nerds who give enough of a crap to do it.

It'd be cool if there was some way to turn r/eve into a non-partisan newbie friendly zone and have like an r/evecaod for poo poo-flinging. As much as I would love to not care about reddit, r/eve is really the first place a lot of people turn to who might be new to the game, and it's not exactly pointing them in the direction of karmafleet.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
It's more fun to mess with reddit by not engaging it at all and letting them upvote their way towards not making an impact on us in any way. The news cycle is so rapid there and the screeching so loud, even if you did somehow want to validate the system itself there's no value. Imagine how much stronger our enemies could be if they spent their time working on in-game power, or doing that /while/ shitposting - GSF is proof that one can shitpost up a storm and still get goals accomplished. gently caress'em~

Re: Karmafleet, despite the toxicity of r/eve Karmafleet continues to grow, and r/eve has always been this hateful towards us since the Fountain War began. There's potential harm to the game itself, but KF is doing peachy.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ChickenWing posted:

God yes. Seeing them crushed under the system they thought would protect them would be very poetic. The problem would be mustering up the nerds who give enough of a crap to do it.

It'd be cool if there was some way to turn r/eve into a non-partisan newbie friendly zone and have like an r/evecaod for poo poo-flinging. As much as I would love to not care about reddit, r/eve is really the first place a lot of people turn to who might be new to the game, and it's not exactly pointing them in the direction of karmafleet.

To vote brigade it would need to have a broadcast that says something like

quote:

Hey everyone. We think the content of /r/eve is a bit skewed. Please everyone go and participate there in the next week. Upvote and downvote comments as you feel is appropriate. Post what you think. It doesn't matter how you vote or what you post, :justpost:

And obviously since everything in there is toxic :byodood: shitposting, the discussion would sway our way pretty fast.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

To be honest despite its founding KarmaFleet is a reddit based corp in name alone. I don't know if any of you have ever checked the KF specific subreddit (you shouldn't) but it's nearly entirely made up of applicants making intro posts because they're scared that recruiters won't realize that they exist. From the short stint I did in recruitment before I started to do the Gooniversity poo poo I got the impression that most recruits found out about the corp through word of mouth as opposed to reddit (There are also a metric poo poo tonne of ex-BRAVE people, including myself and of course Porkbutte)

Now that doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of insufferable retards but most of them are too stupid to figure out how to use anything but corp chat, and the few that do get to the forums get shut down pretty quickly.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Worldshatter posted:

Now that doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of insufferable retards but most of them are too stupid to figure out how to use anything but corp chat, and the few that do get to the forums get shut down pretty quickly.

That reminds me, tell uncle that I'm still not joining

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

CommonShore posted:

To vote brigade it would need to have a broadcast that says something like:

Oh man, I wish, I really wish, someone would broadcast that or anything remotely related to "guys go goon rush reddit" just to see the response from it on r/eve.

Any way I'm going to wash myself of this reddit speak and focus my discussion on things not related to that website before I stink this thread up too much.

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

But yeah, Syndicate sucks balls again, and pretty much everyone awesome in Groon went to HV... except for Vic, who joined Rote. :wtc:

Short move for the ships and one easy way to get access to the biggest carebear gamereserve in the galaxy :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

MacPac posted:

Short move for the ships and one easy way to get access to the biggest carebear gamereserve in the galaxy :v:

Yeah, but on the other hand, you could be talking to me about fits and weed... and instead you get a leadership chain that consists of Sakura and Gorion. :wtc: :wtc:

I like your 6AU/s nano Thanatos though. We must never allow DBRB to see such things, or he'll insist on flying them in every fleet.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, but on the other hand, you could be talking to me about fits and weed... and instead you get a leadership chain that consists of Sakura and Gorion. :wtc: :wtc:

I like your 6AU/s nano Thanatos though. We must never allow DBRB to see such things, or he'll insist on flying them in every fleet.

no one believes ol querns when he spergs about warp speed :smithfrog:

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ullerrm posted:

If I never resub, I promise that for any roams through Syndicate, I will only fly a nano-Hel.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
R/eve is a bunch of people butt mad over the Cfc being the only coalition to not to fail cascade. They are going to go after any piece of red meat thrown at them and that stupid book is extra juicy.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

The guys in r/eve who sperg about K/D ratios are always the funniest for me. FFS, we don't even have a killboard for our alliance, we genuinely do not care who's losing what or when. We have fun in space, shooting internet spaceships, and who cares what people think about that.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
Who wants to start dropping black ops with me?

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
With all the FCON hate on the GF forums, how are they still in the Imperium or even want to be in it?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Uziduke posted:

With all the FCON hate on the GF forums, how are they still in the Imperium or even want to be in it?

goonfleet swarm federepublic, a democratic organization noted for its belief in the inherent value of the opinions of the masses

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
We don't have to burn out the reddit posting population, just the mods.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

CommonShore posted:

For all of the "vegetables" which are "really fruits," such as tomato and cucumber, rhubarb is the only vegetable food which gets served as a fruit which is not actually a fruit, at least as far as I have been able to identify.

Would jicama fall under that same usage/category/whatever?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Things the GF forums hate: FCON, SMA, CO2, RAZOR, EXE, TNT, INIT, LAWN, BASTN, GSF

Things the GF forums like: posting

Protip: Allies are like annoying siblings. We get to call them all sorts of poo poo, and we don't really mean it. But if anyone outside our family opens their mouth, they get punched. Blood's thicker than water.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
We could make each reddit poster cry too. Go through their comment history and downvote everything.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
burn jita 2014
burn amarr 2015

burn reddit 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kirs posted:

I like how well UAxDeath can speak English, this makes me envious a bit.

Pretty positive he lives in the USA these days.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Frozenpussy posted:

We could make each reddit poster cry too. Go through their comment history and downvote everything.

^^^ autist sighted ^^^

But seriously, why would we bother? We can make them cry by playing internet space ships, observe the veritable fountain of loving tears we've produced with a half-assed invasion. And playing internet spaceships is a lot more fun than navigating Reddit's UI.

(In theory, that behavior would also get you banned from Reddit, but that's not a bad thing.)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

scandoslav posted:

Would jicama fall under that same usage/category/whatever?

I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with jicama.

I guess to expand in response to the "carrots" thing before, carrots often get served in non-fruit contexts. I've never seen rhubarb served any way other than in ways which almost exclusively are the domain of normal "fruits" - a pie filling covered with sugar, eg. Yams, zuchini &c can be dished up in "fruit" ways, but they're also dished up in regular "vegetable" ways.

Does that sound like jicama?

And someone should do a post to reddit with a fake broadcast calling for vote brigading. That'd be good, too.

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

ullerrm posted:

Things the GF forums hate: FCON, SMA, CO2, RAZOR, EXE, TNT, INIT, LAWN, BASTN, GSF

Things the GF forums like: posting

Protip: Allies are like annoying siblings. We get to call them all sorts of poo poo, and we don't really mean it. But if anyone outside our family opens their mouth, they get punched. Blood's thicker than water.

I dunno, I kind of mean it when it's FCON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Frozenpussy posted:

burn jita 2014
burn amarr 2015

burn reddit 2016

I said on jabber earlier - reddit is already burning itsself, this observation just entered my mind not an hour ago. The r/eve sub forum has been filled with so much anti-goon poo poo and shitlers there is literally nothing of value posted any more. The only people left are anti-gewners because their sperging has force others to look elsewhere for anything informative. We have ironically killed this sub forum without hardly posting (except for me I get bored during the day). Every post is something else about how the Imperium is losing exponentially hard some how, so people who originally visited for helpful gaming related information now have to go elsewhere to avoid all the terrible negativity r/eve has to offer. I mean look how much CCP has commented in that forum over the last few weeks.

Edit: autocorrect butchered this post, apologies

• Locked thread