Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Monkey Fracas posted:

If you don't know enough to understand that hashtag black lives matter is not inherently saying that hashtag black lives matter more than hashtag white lives then you probably would not exactly be swayed to their cause by a name change.

On the other hand the very name reeks of disorganized twitter slacktivism and I really wish the movement had chosen a better name somehow.

#NotSureHowIFeelAboutTheseBadOptics

If you can't argue the message you argue semantics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

Hand wringing over nomenclature is busy work for people who can't be on the front line

BLM should start showing up to protests armed as is their constitutional right.

The Black Panther method of instituting gun control, I see.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Black people couldn't even protest at brunch without white people losing their minds.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Black people couldn't even protest at brunch without white people losing their minds.

To be fair, brunch is super white so they are being racist by protesting that.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I look forward to the general election debates and/or fear them.

quote:

"Hillary is a person who doesn’t have the strength or the stamina, in my opinion, to be president. She doesn’t have strength or stamina. She’s not a strong enough person to be president.” ~ That Ridiculous Uncouthe Man for President

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Its not a protest when you don't have a permit; its just rude to go into a restaurant and start yelling at people. Its the kinda stunt that Hollismason would pull.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Epic High Five posted:

Bad news because the bread is what is bad for diabetics

The sauce is bad, the bread is worse, she chose the compromise option of removing the sauce because the alternative was not eating pizza anymore and that's just crazy talk.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Trabisnikof posted:

I look forward to the general election debates and/or fear them.

Ok, so I guess people are just going to ignore the marathon Benghazi hearing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/668875808585465856
seems trump is threatening to split again.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

Step one for ending police oppression: Don't have millenials involved in the process, stick with geriatrics.

MLK was 26 for the march in selma.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Kingfish posted:

The highly effective civil rights era protests were designed to alienate white middle class moderates from the caustically racist working class and southern whites.

How can you possibly have this little self-awareness. How can you have enough brain function to respirate and yet not realize you are just this generation's version of the shrugging white "moderate" tutting that Black People Bring It On Themselves.

There is literally no form of protest that those in power will not resent and discredit. You are helping them. You are a bad person. And very, very, very stupid.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

stinkles1112 posted:

My mom is a diabetic and has to order sauceless pizza and it just fills me with existential despair every time :smith:

I'm sorry :smith:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ok, so I guess people are just going to ignore the marathon Benghazi hearing.

Hahahaha did you expect anything different? They have to pretend it didn't happen because it makes them look v. bad

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

stinkles1112 posted:

The sauce is bad, the bread is worse, she chose the compromise option of removing the sauce because the alternative was not eating pizza anymore and that's just crazy talk.

Can she do gluten-free pizza?

Also, why isn't pizza covered on SNAP? They cover pizza on free and reduced school lunches all the drat time.

Ron Jeremy posted:

MLK was 26 for the march in selma.

He wasn't a millenial.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

stinkles1112 posted:

Hahahaha did you expect anything different? They have to pretend it didn't happen because it makes them look v. bad

They spun it as "it lasted 12 hours because we couldn't untangle all of Hillary's lies and circular arguments!" actually.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

My Imaginary GF posted:

Can she do gluten-free pizza?

Also, why isn't pizza covered on SNAP? They cover pizza on free and reduced school lunches all the drat time.

Many gluten-free alternatives, particularly rice and corn, are high GI and thus not any better for diabetics than wheat.

I second SNAP pizza. Making it easier for low-income people to get prepared food in general would be a big help. If the crust and cheese layers are reasonably thin and there are some veggies on top pizza's way better nutritionally than most current choices.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Martin Luther King posted:

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Black Lives Matter's problem is not with its messaging.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Didn't you hear? Racism is dead, so obviously we need to argue about a hash tag more.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

Black Lives Matter's problem is not with its messaging.

Message doesn't matter; perception is everything. Yelling at candidates, provoking fights, and refusing to allow others to respond to your accusations wins your cause a very bad perception.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Message doesn't matter; perception is everything. Yelling at candidates, provoking fights, and refusing to allow others to respond to your accusations wins your cause a very bad perception.

I'll have you know that the Trump campaign is actually doing very well.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
^^ :respek:

My Imaginary GF posted:

Seems to be working just fine for Trump.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Many gluten-free alternatives, particularly rice and corn, are high GI and thus not any better for diabetics than wheat.

I second SNAP pizza. Making it easier for low-income people to get prepared food in general would be a big help. If the crust and cheese layers are reasonably thin and there are some veggies on top pizza's way better nutritionally than most current choices.

Take and bake or frozen can be bought with snap. I don't understand how papa Murphys exists otherwise
http://www.papamurphys.com/faqs/

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

How can you possibly have this little self-awareness. How can you have enough brain function to respirate and yet not realize you are just this generation's version of the shrugging white "moderate" tutting that Black People Bring It On Themselves.

There is literally no form of protest that those in power will not resent and discredit. You are helping them. You are a bad person. And very, very, very stupid.

Those in power =/ the middle class, my friend.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Fixing systemic oppression is not worth a white person being inconvenienced sorry.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

A Winner is Jew posted:

Trump isn't trying to win rights for minorities.

hobbesmaster posted:

Take and bake or frozen can be bought with snap. I don't understand how papa Murphys exists otherwise
http://www.papamurphys.com/faqs/

Why can't it be take-and-bake with a coupon for one free use of the location's oven?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Trump isn't trying to win rights for minorities.

The 1% isn't a minority?

They have the mathematical term for minority in their name.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

quote:

@realDonaldTrump: .@WSJ reports that @GOP getting ready to treat me unfairly—big spending planned against me. That wasn’t the deal!

Running against Trump = treating him unfairly.

I figured he'd save the "unfair treatment" card for the inevitable delegate trickery but I guess he wants to start early.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

A Winner is Jew posted:

That's an interesting comparison because it's basically saying BLM is getting a lot of minor victories against morons but will eventually lose the real battle and possibly reverse any gains made over the years.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

stinkles1112 posted:

Cauliflower pizza crust

#AllPizzasMatter

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Clearly his criticism of tactics with suggestions for improvement mean he is a Secret Racist, helping The Man. All actions taken in the name of the Oppressed are by definition correct and perfect, not warranting any input from any outside perspectives. He surely is implying that they Brought It On Themselves. Any white who doesn't spring forth from the womb with total sense of racial justice is a Racist to be discarded. Education, persuasion and messaging don't exist or matter. Nobody voted for or changed their minds on Civil Rights and pressured their politicians to smash segregation. Surely what really happened was the White Racists In Power said "LO, I AM DEFEATED!" and relented.

By all means, shout at more clouds and yell at more people who likely agree with you. Luckily nobody here will change their minds about the need for police reform and the destruction of systemic racism, and will just point and laugh in your direction instead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Kingfish posted:

Look how ignorant you are about literally everything.

Talmonis posted:

Clearly his criticism of tactics with suggestions for improvement mean he is a Secret Racist, helping The Man. All actions taken in the name of the Oppressed are by definition correct and perfect, not warranting any input from any outside perspectives. He surely is implying that they Brought It On Themselves. Any white who doesn't spring forth from the womb with total sense of racial justice is a Racist to be discarded. Education, persuasion and messaging don't exist or matter. Nobody voted for or changed their minds on Civil Rights and pressured their politicians to smash segregation. Surely what really happened was the White Racists In Power said "LO, I AM DEFEATED!" and relented.

By all means, shout at more clouds and yell at more people who likely agree with you. Luckily nobody here will change their minds about the need for police reform and the destruction of systemic racism, and will just point and laugh in your direction instead.

Take a break from cramming mayo sandwiches down your throat long enough to read that MLK quote up there, poo poo-for-brains.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I figured he'd save the "unfair treatment" card for the inevitable delegate trickery but I guess he wants to start early.

A former RNC communications director is heading up a new company founded solely to go after Trump. That's more than enough evidence of a conspiracy by Trump standards.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Fixing systemic oppression is not worth a white person being inconvenienced sorry.

Of course it is. You just have to make them think it was their idea to support it in the first place. That way they'll pat themselves on the back for their "Good Deed" of the decade, and get the gently caress out of the way.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

i think he may legit try to run 3rd party, and their are enough hosed up tea party nuts(congress/senate/otherwise) who might try to back him.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

The Kingfish posted:

You're probably going to want to flesh this out a little bit

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Talmonis posted:

Of course it is. You just have to make them think it was their idea to support it in the first place. That way they'll pat themselves on the back for their "Good Deed" of the decade, and get the gently caress out of the way.

So you literally don't feel any frission of self-loathing when you openly state that you refuse to help oppressed people unless they suck your cock about it first?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

If you can't argue the message you argue semantics.

I guess whatever the name was there would inevitably be racists/dumbasses laying down totally :smug: burns on it to the tune of "Reverse Racism! Why isn't there a White History Month!?!?" so it really doesn't matter in the end.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think he may legit try to run 3rd party, and their are enough hosed up tea party nuts(congress/senate/otherwise) who might try to back him.

Every liberal in a red state should back the heck out of that run...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

So you literally don't feel any frission of self-loathing when you openly state that you refuse to help oppressed people unless they suck your cock about it first?

Well this is a sure fire way to win hearts and minds :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bel Shazar posted:

Every liberal in a red state should back the heck out of that run...

they dont even need too. alot of nuts on the right(just look the replies to his tweet) want him too.

• Locked thread