Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Baal posted:

People care about things

Mhhmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one's complaining because they want you to hear them talk, as fabulous company as you are

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think it's just terrible someone would post an opinion in the discussion thread

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

They're video game nihilists, dude! They're hardcore motherfuckers, they don't believe in anything!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Nvm.

Fluffdaddy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 23, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I think it's just terrible someone would post an opinion in the discussion thread

This but unironically.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Petiso posted:

At this point I would've prefered if Videl had turned into Chichi II.

She is?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Baal posted:

People care about things

on something awful? get outta town

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Videl is revealed to still be patrolling as Great Saiyawoman in Super because unlike Gohan, she's not Boring and requires a combat outlet

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They should just have an arc with Gohan and Videl in the vein of a buddy Cop movie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

on something awful? get outta town

I care about you

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Forget about Gohan and Videl and dedicate all of their resources to Satan

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Baal posted:

I care about you

can love bloom in the dragon ball super thread

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Videl runs away from her family/earth to join the Galactic Patrol with Jaco.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Satan works as supporting. You don't want to overexpose him. Of course any Videl story would have good ol Satan.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For everything that's great about Heroes (treating Gohan better than canon does, for one), it still doesn't have God Satan playable and that is a big mistake. They should've added him even before his episode came out.

And I'll be annoyed if whatever game comes after Xenoverse doesn't have God Satan. Make him a part of everything.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

They shouldn't

I'm going to care and you can't stop me

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dang, Frieza is super brutal to Tagoma in Super rather than just straight up killing him. I'm enjoying this adaptation.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You guys should stop watching Super Dragonball or whatever and instead read Dragon Ball, one of the sickest mangas of all time.

And where might we read this? I read the first few chapters at Mangastream, but I haven't seen anything new since Champa challenged Beerus.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Hey - I'm interested in actually physically reading the Dragonball / Z manga. Are the 3 in 1 books a good way to do that?

I'm a big fan of Dragonball Abridged and have watched most of Z/Kai, but have no experience at all with the original dragonball.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

MrFlibble posted:

Hey - I'm interested in actually physically reading the Dragonball / Z manga. Are the 3 in 1 books a good way to do that?

I'm a big fan of Dragonball Abridged and have watched most of Z/Kai, but have no experience at all with the original dragonball.

I read the 3 in 1's and it was great. I'd recommend it. They're pretty cheap too.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
You're not getting the true DB experience unless you read the original 42 first press tankouban in Japanese. Which I definitely do not own, and did not use to try and teach myself Japanese in 8th grade. :shepicide:

(The 3-in-1s are an excellent deal.)

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Thanks, looks like ill go with them then.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

MrFlibble posted:

Thanks, looks like ill go with them then.

Just be aware that the 3 in 1 versions are still being released.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mmkay posted:

Just be aware that the 3 in 1 versions are still being released.

For DBZ maybe, DB is done.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

For DBZ maybe, DB is done.

In the Manga, there is no Z. There is only DB.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

MrFlibble posted:

The VizBig 3 in 1s seem to be the way to go. They've all been released as far as I can tell.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Let's talk about how funny it is that Goten and Trunks aren't in RoF Super because Bulma grounded them.

I've been enjoying DB Super. Honestly liked the movie version of BoG better, but I never felt the extra filler was a slog to get through. Haven't seen enough of RoF in Super to have a preference. The brand new stuff has all been fantastic. Would be nice seeing more screentime for 18 or another female fighter though, but you could say the same thing about DB/Z.

MrFlibble posted:

The 3-in-1 volumes with the red covers are super cheap and flimsy, but Vizbig 3-in-1 editions are super nice and have some colored pages. Definitely get those if you can.

projecthalaxy posted:

It's like when Andrew Hussie charged someone I think $5000 to put their OC in Homestuck and killed them in 3 panels.

$10,000, there were two of them, and it was an understood part of the deal that they wouldn't survive past a single page.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I liked some of the Beerus fight better in Super and other parts better in the movie. In fact, the quality of the retread varies wildly from episode to episode. I thought that was the general consensus before the Internet apparently changed, some of it is good, some of it is bad into "it all sucks."

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Of course the guy getting salty about his OC getting owned was the furry. And he chalks it up to discrimination.

That is some funny as gently caress meltdown, even if you've read it a million times already.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

$10,000, there were two of them, and it was an understood part of the deal that they wouldn't survive past a single page.
I dunno which is more insane, that he proposed this or that someone accepted.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

High-end backer tiers generally have dumb poo poo for people to spend a lot of money on

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bad Seafood posted:

It's Homestuck, the answer is obvious.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Bad Seafood posted:

It was an obvious joke in context, this was when crowd funding was still a new idea and giving that much money was an (even more) outrageous idea. (Like the immediate tier above it was "10000000: Your OC becomes the most important character in Homestuck). People did it anyway just because they could basically.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They cut the $10k backer tier off after two people did it too because they didn't actually intend for anyone to back the super high cost joke tiers

It was a good time all around

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I want to see the alternate universe where Donald Trump found that kickstarter, had a sudden epiphany that he was actually a huge nerd that likes Homestuck, and spent $10,000,000 to have his OC become the most important character in Homestuck. If anybody reading this has access to a dimensional portal gun, please do me a solid on this one.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's Homestuck, the answer is obvious.
It's Homestuck, yeah, but it's also $10,000 for the equivalent of a few seconds of screentime.

I've heard of people having more money than sense but this feels like raising (or rather lowering) the bar even among that exclusive, elite group of wealthy idiots.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Bad Seafood posted:

It's Homestuck, yeah, but it's also $10,000 for the equivalent of a few seconds of screentime.

I've heard of people having more money than sense but this feels like raising (or rather lowering) the bar even among that exclusive, elite group of wealthy idiots.

I think one of them was a military vet who didn't have any debts or student loans but enjoyed reading Homestuck in Afghanistan. Don't know about the other.

Anyway, since this is the DBZ thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Watchin the second Broly movie for the first time. Didnt realize the first 20 mins is basically an unrelated Videl/Trunks/Goten adventure. Loving it. Almost wish we would have had more light stakes high school gohan stuff before the buu arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

yeah it's a shame it get's ruined by having broly in it.

• Locked thread