Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Snuffman posted:

Hyrule Warriors question: I notice the 3DS is getting *new characters*.

Is the WiiU version going to get the new characters as well?

The 3DS version comes with a code for the new characters in the Wii U version. That is literally all we know about how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I really hate the name Linkle

Like they couldn't go with Linkette or something that sounds a bit more natural. Linkle does not roll off the tongue.

Never mind the fact that she's just Zeldafied Lara Croft with a pancho.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Linkle is cool.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4cJh2YgrKE

A biography of Iwata in video form and a really well done one at that.

:unsmith:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Terper posted:

Linkle is cool.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Terper posted:

Linkle is cool.

She's a poo poo tier waifu and everyone knows it but is afraid to admit it.

Malon is better

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

She's a poo poo tier waifu and everyone knows it but is afraid to admit it.

Malon is better

Hyrule Warriors doesn't need any extra help in that department..

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Austrian mook posted:

Hyrule Warriors doesn't need any extra help in that department..

I really can't go back to Hyrule warriors after playing Dragon Quest heroes. They should have made HW just a reskin of DQH because DQH does a much better job with it's gameplay mechanics. HW is just really average and doesn't go out of it's way to be good, but DQH stepped it up big time with how they switched up the gameplay and to have things like tower defense battles. I was also surprised that they bothered with a story that tied the Dragon Quest lore together.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 23, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Why are goons so afraid of talking about things

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

I really hate the name Linkle

Like they couldn't go with Linkette or something that sounds a bit more natural. Linkle does not roll off the tongue.

Never mind the fact that she's just Zeldafied Lara Croft with a pancho.

They could've just named her Link

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Looper posted:

They could've just named her Link

Theres already a character Link tho

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think Linka would have been better than Linkle, but loving :laffo: at Linkette

Trying for a new record in terrible ideas, TR?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Theres already a character Link tho

Your feigning ignorance gimmick isn't applicable in every situation

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

SylvainMustach posted:

Probably getting a Wii U for christmas and I was wondering if you still access the Wii Virtual Console library through the wii u?

I realize this may have been answered and that this will probably get lost in the shuffle but I figured I'd ask since I've been told conflicting things.

Also, how much longer will they be making games for the WII U before the Phase it out in favor of the new thing. Beyond handheld consoles, I've been out of the video game loop since I was a kid so forgive my ignorance here.

The Wii U has a Wii mode that makes it pretty much identical to a Wii Mini. If you have a Wii and you have WiiWare and Virtual Console Purchases, there's a system transfer utility that you can use to transferal of your WiiWare/VC purchases to the Wii mode of your Wii U.

With a virtual console game, if you already have it for the Wii on your system, and there's a Wii U virtual console version available, you have the option of repurchasing that game from the Wii U for around $2 to be able to play it without switching over to the Wii Mode.

The only real difference is that Wii U VC games are upscaled to 1080p (Wii VC games are locked to 480p), Wii U VC games have a kinda-sorta save state system and let you remap controls, and support the gamepad & pro controller, while games on the Wii VC require you to use a classic controller or classic controller pro.

As for the NX, literally all we know is that there is a new system coming at some point, and it has the codename "NX" Nintendo might start talking about it next year, but we're not likely going to see anything until 2017, a good 5 years after the Wii U came out.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Looper posted:

Your feigning ignorance gimmick isn't applicable in every situation

I mean like, in the game theres a character "Link" with his own movement and specials and level up. Linkle is a new character with different all of that so they have to give her another name. They cant just have her called "girl link" or give her a female sign next to her name like she's a pokemon... Ive actually talked myself out of it. They should just do that

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
oi, bloke nicked me anime tity

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Im a little upset that theres a new console out. Most of a consoles best games come bear the end of its lifespan once devs know how to work with the hardware. I wish Nintendo would just make WiiU games for the next little while

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah but I'm looking forward to Metroid Prime 4 on the NX as a launch title so hurry up NX.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looper posted:

Why are goons so afraid of talking about things
Because I could probate them at any moment.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FPzero posted:

Yeah but I'm looking forward to Metroid Prime 4 on the NX as a launch title so hurry up NX.

Im sorry to say it but thwy are never going to make Metroid Prime 4

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FactsAreUseless posted:

hey uh. it's the end of november. almost december. and uhhhhh. just a head's up

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

He is a spooky forums guardian. Seems appropriate to me.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Austrian mook posted:

I mean like, in the game theres a character "Link" with his own movement and specials and level up. Linkle is a new character with different all of that so they have to give her another name. They cant just have her called "girl link" or give her a female sign next to her name like she's a pokemon... Ive actually talked myself out of it. They should just do that

That would have been cool but complaining about her name in a game full of silly fantasy names is hilarious soooo...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

He is a spooky forums guardian. Seems appropriate to me.

someone should make a game about his character arc, with crafting frankly

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Austrian mook posted:

Im sorry to say it but thwy are never going to make Metroid Prime 4

Realtalk though, I have a feeling that whatever Retro's working on is a project for the NX. Whether or not it's a new Metroid, a new DKC or something else entirely new I'm very excited to learn what their project is. Whenever we learn about it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Look at all the potential names for Dixie the Rare guys tossed around back in the day. Coming up with names is serious work.

Edit: Also potential names DKC2 could have originally gone by.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 24, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FPzero posted:

Realtalk though, I have a feeling that whatever Retro's working on is a project for the NX. Whether or not it's a new Metroid, a new DKC or something else entirely new I'm very excited to learn what their project is. Whenever we learn about it.

That would be like, 5 years on a single game then. Feels like a lot for Retro tbh

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Look at all the potential names for Dixie the Rare guys tossed around back in the day. Coming up with names is serious work.

In another world, Diddy's girlfriend and the protag of DKC3 would have been called Dzar

e. I can't believe Didette was shortlisted, holy lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Trent posted:

I think Linka would have been better than Linkle, but loving :laffo: at Linkette

Trying for a new record in terrible ideas, TR?

I don't know Linkette sounds a whole fuckton better than Linkle

Or like they ditch the whole Link name together and get a different name. Like Luigi isn't some name based on Mario.

never mind the fact that the japanese pronunciation of it sounds like Wrinkle

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

never mind the fact that the japanese pronunciation of it sounds like Wrinkle

It's really not

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Rare posted:

Diddyle

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Knorth posted:

In another world, Diddy's girlfriend and the protag of DKC3 would have been called Dzar

Or Dickylicky

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dickylicky Kong's Double Trouble :(

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knorth posted:

It's really not

Please tell them that because this is how people have been saying it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Congratulations on your promotion, but fascism and scare tactics (lol) aren't very becoming of a leader

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

in japan donkey kong country three is called Super Donkey Kong 3: Mysterious Krems Isle

peace

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They call her Wrinkle because she is a mistake that will be ironed out.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

I'm leaving the pumpkin on my porch until Christmas.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

They call her Wrinkle because she is a mistake that will be ironed out.

She's not chinese

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Looper posted:

She's not chinese

the L/R pronunciation is a thing in japan. Lightning had the same deal and it really varied from which VA was speaking. Some would say the L sound, some would say the R ingame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

oddium posted:

in japan donkey kong country three is called Super Donkey Kong 3: Mysterious Krems Isle

peace

That's cool, apparently DKC2 is just subtitled Dixie & Diddy. It's a shame they missed out on the 'excellent' joke title of Kong Quest :)

• Locked thread