Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

zoux posted:

They got him back in the end though.

Hunter S. Thompson posted:

If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.

Whole eulogy here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

zoux posted:

Carter knew the only proper place for green peas is in guacamole.

what?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

foobardog posted:

Treating the media with contempt seems more applicable today than ever. Nixon, good on football and hating reporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iucE78-C2Po

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

This way lies madness

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7708552

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Hillary Clinton might be the Democratic Nixon, and I think I'm OK with that.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

foobardog posted:

Nixon was the Democratic Nixon.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

foobardog posted:

Hillary has charisma though.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

Not sure if I agree with your detective work there

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Ron Jeremy posted:

Not sure if I agree with your detective work there

*More charisma than Nixon.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

A Winner is Jew posted:

Nixon with charisma? My god...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yup, this is pretty much how a person from Vermont looks when reading a soul food menu.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Yup, this is pretty much how a person from Vermont looks when reading a soul food menu.

"Is this at all spicy? I can't handle any spice, at all."

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I am Pavlovian-conditioned to say this every time I hear the phrase "hot pants" regardless of context. I read the post, said "Jesus Christ" and then scrolled down and saw your post.

Thanks Dick!

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

So, did that food insecurity report someone was talking about this morning ever drop? I've been curious about it all day.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nolanar posted:

So, did that food insecurity report someone was talking about this morning ever drop? I've been curious about it all day.

Same.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

*More charisma than Nixon.

Is this like a whose line is it anyway prompt for the lowest bar?

...peter dinklage at a limbo party?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

zoux posted:

"Is this at all spicy? I can't handle any spice, at all."

My dad is from Michigan and refuses to eat anything spicier than a bowl of spaghetti. He also hates "sauce," the definition of which varies depending on what ethnicity food he is looking at.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

My dad is from Michigan and refuses to eat anything spicier than a bowl of spaghetti. He also hates "sauce," the definition of which varies depending on what ethnicity food he is looking at.

Yeah that's why there's such a thing as Skyline "chili"

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

I think this may be the report you're looking for.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Are these suits outcomes determined by juries, or liberal activist judges?

Both! The activist judges refuse to throw the suit out, and the crazy juries return the verdict! You can also blame the judges for various decisions in terms of what arguments to allow or ban.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Running against Trump = treating him unfairly.

I figured he'd save the "unfair treatment" card for the inevitable delegate trickery but I guess he wants to start early.

"Unfair treatment" seems to have been defined[1] as "Establishment" actions designed specifically to prevent him from being the nominee. Certainly a ton of "Establishment-friendly" donors ganging up under the aegis of a former "Establishment" campaign staffer to hit Trump unilaterally is the sort of thing that would piss him off, and almost certainly isn't something we'd see if anyone else (except maybe Cruz or Carson) was frontrunner - it's not like someone tried that against Romney or anything.

However, it's true that there's basically no way to distinguish between actions that individuals are taking on their own behalf (Liz Mair trying to create herself a job) and actions that individuals were wink-wink-nudge-nudge'd into.

[1] - with the obvious caveat that Trump can always redefine it whenever to mean whatever he wants.

Jackson Taus fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 23, 2015

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Oh my god, he's just like my dad

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So ISIS says they plan on attacking New York.

Anyone wanna explain to me what the conservative logic is of Obama wanting Isis to attack A major Democratic stronghold like that?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

Anyone wanna explain to me what the conservative logic is of Obama wanting Isis to attack A major Democratic stronghold like that?
False flag. Duh.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Mr Interweb posted:

It's not too hard. He wants his version of the Reichstag Fire so he can implement laws banning our guns and freedom. Alternatively, he's a spineless wimp who will try to apologize to ISIS and let them come in and sting us frogs with their scorpion tails.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Mr Interweb posted:

Secret muslim plant here to facilitate destruction of America :freep:

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Boon posted:

Oh my god, he's just like my dad

#BernTheJewels

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
ISIS also said they planned on burning the white house. Freep cheered that idea on.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Headline: White person reads menu at southern restaurant.

*I grew up in the majority non white area of Memphis as a pale pale white girl. I'd eat southern cooking every day of my life if it didn't mean i'd die of a massive heart attack. All old dudes look like that when they read menus though.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

Obama is at both times an effeminate weak liberal president who can't protect us and a dark and devious puppetmaster hellbent on ruining america and her values.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mr Interweb posted:

"We just should remember that, when — where we grew up is — when we were in our grade school that’s when the world was right and we tend to want to recreate that idyllic scene in our adulthood thinking that’s the best thing for America. And in my case, it is. I grew up with ‘Fun with Dick and Jane,' wonderful. But you know, while I was going on, he was going to a school in Indonesia, so his idea of America is entirely different than the idea that most Americans have of what we ought to be like, and he’s filling our country up with people that will continue to attack us."

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Conservatives love terrorism and hate America.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Clearly, they believe the target is Trump Tower.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/23/us-france-shooting-usa-travel-idUSKBN0TC2IT20151123

Don't worry, I'm sure a global travel alert will calm things down

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

GlitchThief posted:

Conservatives love terrorism and hate America.

This is basically what Rubio said, yes.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

It's always been kind of obvious, but it's downright surreal that they're being so honest about it.

What really scares me is that this might not be sufficient to prevent the election of a Republican President in 2016.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"And it's a good thing the Keystone Pipeline has been halted"

I dunno maybe by exercising even an ounce of basic loving sense, you diminutive toadying oaf?

You don't pay school administrators to "exercise even an ounce of basic loving sense," you pay them to implement policy without thought.

Bob James posted:

Nixon was the Democratic Nixon.

I voted for Nixon --- twice!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

GlitchThief posted:

It's always been kind of obvious, but it's downright surreal that they're being so honest about it.

What really scares me is that this might not be sufficient to prevent the election of a Republican President in 2016.

If it isn't then we, as a species, deserve such a fate.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

What'd he say exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mr Interweb posted:

What'd he say exactly?