Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Teddybear posted:

That was only one player

Also it was only on his back

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Churchill posted:

It's a bit how some commentators have started saying that keeping al-Assad in power perhaps is the least worst option. Maybe things weren't so bad after all with Sepp, considering the options. I'm sure that, working together and given a free reign, Blatter and al-Assad could end the middle eastern conflict once and for all.
I mean surely all the factions could sort out their differences on the football pitch rather than on the battlefield?

the lion assad staying in power is, in fact, the best option. furthermore,

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Hoops posted:

I honestly find it quite amazing how every one of them ranges from "somewhat corrupt" to "insanely corrupt". There's literally no-one in a position of high authority in the governing body for the largest organised human recreational activity in the world that isn't a criminal.

That's not terribly surprising. In such a corrupt organization if you're not yourself corrupt, others will be suspicious and push you out.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
can't they just call the corruption lobbying so it's all hunky dory?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If Blatter and Platini are found guilty they are facing up to 7 year bans from football, so clearly we don't need any police investigations because football can police itself.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34899482

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Apparently Blatter almost died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34898229

Next quote from him will be that he met Jesus, and Jesus told him he was destined to save football this christmas.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

JunkDeluxe posted:

Next quote from him will be that he met Jesus, and Jesus told him he was destined to save football this christmas.

He said he was almost dying, not a doctor. The fat oval office was probably hungover.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

JunkDeluxe posted:

Awww poor Sepp. Looks like the stress of running a multibillion corruption racket finally got the best of him. Get well soon you bent Swiss gnome!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

JunkDeluxe posted:

Also that Jesus told Sepp that all his ideas about women's football were correct.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Also that Jesus told Sepp that all his ideas about women's football were correct.

Sepp doesn't need divine intervention to validate those ideas.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Shrapnig posted:

Sepp doesn't need divine intervention to validate those ideas.

He still likes being able to say "I told you so."

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

JunkDeluxe posted:

United Passions: Christmas Special

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Plattini is facing a Life Ban according to his Lawyer!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/34910753

quote:

Fifa vice-president Michel Platini could be facing a life ban from football, according to his lawyer.

The suspended Uefa chief is serving a 90-day suspension on corruption charges alongside outgoing Fifa president Sepp Blatter, while Fifa's adjudicatory committee considers its verdict.

Platini's lawyer Thibaud d'Ales said the ethics investigators' "excessive" recommendations are a "scandal".

That's one down, only another 150 odd to go.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
It's a Wonderful Sepp

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Sepp died for our sins

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

ukle posted:

Plattini is facing a Life Ban according to his Lawyer!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/34910753

That's one down, only another 150 odd to go.

While this is good news, what is it about Platini's corruption that warrants a life ban but all the Asian and African corruption and jail sentences lead to the same guys being back in charge a few months down the line?

I guess its because Qatar is his fault and thats why all this poo poo is happening.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blue Star Error posted:

While this is good news, what is it about Platini's corruption that warrants a life ban but all the Asian and African corruption and jail sentences lead to the same guys being back in charge a few months down the line?

I guess its because Qatar is his fault and thats why all this poo poo is happening.

Whoever is controlling FIFA now is consolidating power so that they can be the one that gets all the bribes. This sounds sarcastic, but it's not.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It'll be sheik Salman and he's way worse than Blatter

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Lamont Cranston posted:

They still do but it only appears on replica shirts, training kit, etc; they can't wear it in actual competition.

The big problem with the nation team sponsor idea is that the main sponsors of the World Cup, European Cup etc spend insane amounts of money to be the exclusive sponsors of X and would not look kindly on random other brands diluting the association with these most prestigious events.

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene
Ban every current and former FIFA official. For life. Starting now.
Dissolve every FA of every country. ban those officials for life also.

Run elections for all the new positions.
Ban for life all the applicants.

Run another set of elections for all the positions open.
threaten to ban any and all applicants if they even think about loving around.

I have many more ideas.
I almost ran for the head of the CSA, but I got a real job instead.
I'm not working again due to Sepp (not proven in court....yet) so I am available for selection.
I tell you my experience is vast, and I can also say no.

Another idea, any applicant for any FIFA position should be able to prove that they can trap a ball, let's say at least 4 out of 5 attempts.

Vote for Nucken Futz, your disappointment is guaranteed.
I'll do this for a reasonable five figure salary, and dental.

Thanking you in advance for your support.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Hm, all of this seems quite reasonable. Alright, you're hi-

Nucken Futz posted:

and dental.

:frogout:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
More arrests. MORE :getin:

quote:

ZURICH — Swiss authorities began a new series of pre-dawn arrests Thursday in the broad investigation, led by United States officials, into corruption in international soccer. More than a dozen people were expected to be charged, law enforcement officials said, nearly doubling the size of an already huge case that has upended FIFA, soccer’s multibillion-dollar governing body.

At least some of the arrests took place at the same luxury hotel where other FIFA officials were arrested in May. As Swiss police arrived at the hotel, the Baur au Lac, at 6 a.m. local time, a hotel manager told visitors in the lobby they had to leave the property because of “an extreme situation.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/sports/fifa-scandal-arrests-in-switzerland.html?smid=tw-nytsports&smtyp=cur

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Well then

E: Beaten. But well then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A Good Year For Soccer

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
America continues to save soccer.

Or translated into American: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esCvMOMAFf0

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
:patriot:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

"An extreme situation"? Were they blowing out the windows and throwing flashbangs in? Was Blatter holed up in the basement with hostages and C4?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the world cup is being expanded to 40 teams in 2026

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Jose posted:

Lol why not just let all countries that want to participate enter.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Charlie Mopps posted:

Lol why not just let all countries that want to participate enter.
They're specifically doing this because everybody outside Europe is whining that UEFA gets too many spots lol

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Jose posted:

Double-digit results incoming.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Honj Steak posted:

Double-digit results incoming.

Nothing can cheapen our 7-1 trashing of Brazil, I don't care if France wins 20-0 against Tuvalu or whatever.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

Finally, New Zealand will have its perma-spot

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I wonder if the 2026 tournament will be in North Korea or in the Islamic State.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Honj Steak posted:

I wonder if the 2026 tournament will be in North Korea or in the Islamic State.

I dont think Germany will get to hold it again so soon.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that hotel should start offering some kind of deal to football execs lol

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

that hotel should start offering some kind of deal to football execs lol

Hidden escape tunnels?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Jose posted:

I hope the 8 extra spots go to uefa

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
For all the talk of how tough this Rico fella is, it seems that everyone outside of the Americas was smart enough not to use US banks and sadly remain untouchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

For all the talk of how tough this Rico fella is, it seems that everyone outside of the Americas was smart enough not to use US banks and sadly remain untouchable.

I don't understand how not using an american bank will save you from a dude firing a rocket at you from a parachute.