Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Well the Reeve Superman I got from the official WB eBay store arrived so I'm not terribly upset. It's a good likeness... But don't his arms look a bit small? Proportionally, not muscle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Making good progress building my Batman Begins batsuit armoire Version 2.0. New metal shelves are done, and I finished building the 80" tall back wall and installing all the brass ring pulls and the cape hooks. Next steps are the side walls so I can mount the shelves. This thing is going to be massive.

Also, some new suit parts that have a closer link to originals, and much better made than my last stuff.

Even as huge as the new back wall is, the (hero accurate, electrostatically flocked) cape is still way bigger.

And lastly, a fun little metal plaque I had made up for my LoS ninja gauntlets:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just wear the costume and go fight crime already, jeez.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Ditto but in s very sincere, happy for you way!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Are the Imperial Shocktroopers from the new Battlefront game hard to find? I didn't even know they existed until I saw someone repost one recently. I know they are Wal-Mart exclusives, but I wasn't sure how many in stock they got.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Havoc904 posted:

Are the Imperial Shocktroopers from the new Battlefront game hard to find? I didn't even know they existed until I saw someone repost one recently. I know they are Wal-Mart exclusives, but I wasn't sure how many in stock they got.

8 per store from what I've read.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I stopped at a Walmart that easily had 20 of them yesterday morning, so YMMV.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Oh no. Early word on the DC Icons figures is not good. Evidently they are 6 inch figures, not 6 inch scale, so they look small and goofy with any other figure. This is really disappointing as DCC seemed to have been doing everything right in this line but that is a major deal breaker to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Djarum posted:

Oh no. Early word on the DC Icons figures is not good. Evidently they are 6 inch figures, not 6 inch scale, so they look small and goofy with any other figure. This is really disappointing as DCC seemed to have been doing everything right in this line but that is a major deal breaker to me.

Yup. They are tiny as hell because of the extra accessories.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
How do they look with Mattel DC Universe Classics? I was hoping they would fit better with those and with the older DC Direct figures than the newer 7" scaled DC Collectibles figures.

I'm hoping they make a classic, iconic Captain Cold and a modern (Starman-era) Shade in the Icons line, since they haven't made perfect ones yet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They look really small next to DCUC figures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're loving tiny.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
FYI, Austin, TX people. Found Reeve Superman at the TRU on 35 and Parmer.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Has Reeves Superman shown up on Amazon yet? I see Batman and Joker but not him.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My TRU now sticking that bizarre new Batman toy line that comes with robot wolves in the spot where the NECA Wests and Reeves should be. gently caress it, next weekend is Black Friday so I'm done toy hunting for the year. Not that they'll ever get these goddamn things in, but there's nothing that could get me in a huge retail store during this time of year.

Louisgod posted:

Has Reeves Superman shown up on Amazon yet? I see Batman and Joker but not him.

Just checked, he's on Amazon for $75.

Also that really sucks to hear about DC Icons. Maybe they'll make an old school Dick Grayson Robin and the scale difference will work in their favor. I am always a fan of really small Robin as seen in Dark Victory. A Damian would be great too, they've only made way too big Damians so far.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 21, 2015

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
My north-of-Seattle TRU had 6 each of the Joker and West Batman, and about 10 or so of the Reeve Superman. They had them stocked on their "adult collectible"/NECA wall.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Buy one for meeeeeeee

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna ring the TRU tomorrow and see if they have had any luck getting em in.

Man it's annoying. The first toy I've been really interested in this year and it's impossible to find.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Mattycollector.com has a heckuva sale going on at the moment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Red posted:

Holy poo poo that Greyskull for $150.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is the Figma Avengers Iron Man mk7 worth getting?

He looks super cool and Figma is pretty great, and I'm finding Iron Man on eBay for really bizarrely wide price ranges. Like anywhere from $25 to $125 for what appears to be the exact same figure. Are the high priced ones just retarded sellers? Because $25 sounds like a cool deal, unless it's a lovely knockoff or a 2" tall mini figure version of the "real" Figma or some nonsense.

Speaking of Figma, I watched the Ghost in the Shell SAC movies on Hulu, liked them quite a bit, and got the Mokoto Figma figure and it's pretty great.

My favorite Figma to date is Samus though, but Link is an incredibly close second.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Red posted:

Ooh, Ectogoggles for $55. Not bad.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Because $25 sounds like a cool deal, unless it's a lovely knockoff or a 2" tall mini figure version of the "real" Figma or some nonsense.

Its a knockoff. Anything popular from Good Smile gets bootlegs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Xenomrph posted:

He looks super cool and Figma is pretty great, and I'm finding Iron Man on eBay for really bizarrely wide price ranges. Like anywhere from $25 to $125 for what appears to be the exact same figure. Are the high priced ones just retarded sellers? Because $25 sounds like a cool deal, unless it's a lovely knockoff or a 2" tall mini figure version of the "real" Figma or some nonsense.

This is the exact reason I only buy Figma and Figuarts through Amazon. I was into the old DBZ figures back in the late 90s early 2000s, and it was such a headache wading through the lovely bootlegs on eBay. I just assume every figure on eBay is a bootleg.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
for 150 and free shipping, I went ahead and got the grayskull, and a few of their half price figures. No idea where this monstrosity is going to go...

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Oh, I should mention if you're looking for discontinued japanese toys, always check Mandarake. They sell used goods and the prices can be quite nice.

Their last Mk 7 figma sold for 7,000 yen. The last one with the GSC exclusive parts was 11k.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

But is it a lovely knockoff? Like I've gotten KO Masterpiece Transformers that are essentially indistinguishable from the real deal in terms of quality and everything, for 1/4 MSRP.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grabbed a Greyskull. If anything the Decepticons will have a new base.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Xenomrph posted:

But is it a lovely knockoff? Like I've gotten KO Masterpiece Transformers that are essentially indistinguishable from the real deal in terms of quality and everything, for 1/4 MSRP.

Transformers are kind of an exception when it comes to KOs. For everything else you might get lucky and get something half decent but it's rare.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of Figma, I watched the Ghost in the Shell SAC movies on Hulu, liked them quite a bit, and got the Mokoto Figma figure and it's pretty great.

My favorite Figma to date is Samus though, but Link is an incredibly close second.

I have the full spec version of the mk7 and its one of my favourite figures. Keep in mind that if you buy a product on Ebay that ends up being a knock off, you can put in a claim and get a full refund. Ebay has to take counterfeit stuff super serious.

But yeah if the price sounds to good to be true and there are no original pictures of it or it comes from China. Its 100%. fake

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Xenomrph posted:

Goodsmile knockoffs are rarely good quality. They're shiny where they shouldn't be, leak plasticizer like crazy (although considering how gummy they are to begin with, that may just be a feature, not a bug.) and look cheap from 6 feet away.

It's a shame that the mk 7 armor didn't get relased in a figuarts format, but the Mk 6, MK 42, 43 and 45 are really great.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

It really looks kinda lovely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTajgDiCPk
(spanish).
S.H.Figuarts are a great option for movie Iron Man figures, but if you wanna spend more than 100 bucks on an Iron Man, I would recommend the SEN-TI-NEL ones.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo that Greyskull for $150.

Sold out, so I dodged a bullet. I'm fairly certain bringing that enormous thing into my house would be grounds for automatic divorce.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Lencho posted:

It really looks kinda lovely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTajgDiCPk
(spanish).
S.H.Figuarts are a great option for movie Iron Man figures, but if you wanna spend more than 100 bucks on an Iron Man, I would recommend the SEN-TI-NEL ones.

a-loving-greed. Those things are so loving awesome but I can't justify the price to my CFO at all.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Anyone get an extra spirit of hordak from the sale? I still want that (2 would be nice really, one loose one moc)

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Hooooly poo poo that Animated Series Batmobile is loving gigaaaaaantic. I love it!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funtax posted:

Sold out, so I dodged a bullet. I'm fairly certain bringing that enormous thing into my house would be grounds for automatic divorce.

I'll sell you mine for $250 :D

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Good news Louisgod, you get to start checking out Fred Meyer again, 'cause Meijer in Michigan had these hanging around today.

Fire Luigi too, but he's a lame repaint. Gotta say, the paint and articulation seem a lot less lovely on this wave than some of the previous ones.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also, my Toys R Us had about 10 each of the NECA DC figures today that were completely wiped out a couple days ago, including Reeves Supes. May be they're restocking them now/in the near future for those of you still looking.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 26, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
drat those look good

Still can't find Reeves Superman anywhere and will still happily pay back anybody that can pick one up for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Finally finished my Hulkbuster BAF. drat he looks good. :)