Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Haha, Damar is loving awesome. Weyoun gets jacked up right in front of him and he just laughs and laughs.

I love the Cardassians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?
Neuropressure sessions and rubbin' on the gel in the decon chamber. That's what Enterprise is about. Also - mirror universe Hoshi Sato. HOLY poo poo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can't wait for the new series to suck because I wasn't around SA when Enterprise premiered. It must have been magical. :allears:

Also I've been binging TNG for the millionth time, except now it's in HHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDD. Worf's forehead cracks in every single close up and Troi is wearing clown makeup. And last night I finally reached A Day in the Life of Data's Autism.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

HHHHDDDD rewatch is a good rewatch because it builds hope of a HDS9 reissue with extensive behind the scenes footage of Armin and Rene skipping around arm in arm, half in makeup and one quarter in costume.

And hopefully extensive footage of people treating E.Dax like crap and making her get coffee from the crew's and not the cast's craft services table

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I wasn't around for the real time debut of Enterprise either, but I imagine it's going to go like this:

1. Goons expecting the absolute worst way ahead of time
2. Details of the production released, such as casting (Teenage Tits, Dad Bod, New Ship, Forehead Guy). Thread suspicious but lighthearted
3. Big debut: Things Aren't That Bad, They Might Get Better, Season 1 Always Sucks
4. Show gets dumber and dumber. Thread enters vortex of negativity.
5. One or two dorks angrily insist that it's actually good and everyone else just isn't sophisticated enough to understand the genius
6. Season 1 finale is a brief cool point, allowing hope to return
7. Season 2, Ep 5 the show is pure horseshit again. The thread is all negative except 2 diehards and 2 tryhards
8. Goons spend years comparing the show unfavorably to DS9, TNG and maybe Enterprise. Show staggers on for 5 or 6 seasons and ends with a fart

Bonus fun: Read this thread carefully and guess who will be the It's Good, You Just Don't Get It asswipes are

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
It will be me because I liked enterprise.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Tujague posted:

I wasn't around for the real time debut of Enterprise either, but I imagine it's going to go like this:

1. Goons expecting the absolute worst way ahead of time
2. Details of the production released, such as casting (Teenage Tits, Dad Bod, New Ship, Forehead Guy). Thread suspicious but lighthearted
3. Big debut: Things Aren't That Bad, They Might Get Better, Season 1 Always Sucks
4. Show gets dumber and dumber. Thread enters vortex of negativity.
5. One or two dorks angrily insist that it's actually good and everyone else just isn't sophisticated enough to understand the genius
6. Season 1 finale is a brief cool point, allowing hope to return
7. Season 2, Ep 5 the show is pure horseshit again. The thread is all negative except 2 diehards and 2 tryhards
8. Goons spend years comparing the show unfavorably to DS9, TNG and maybe Enterprise. Show staggers on for 5 or 6 seasons and ends with a fart

Bonus fun: Read this thread carefully and guess who will be the It's Good, You Just Don't Get It asswipes are

I want to see this quoted in 2017

then decompress the main shuttlebay, that might kick us out of the way

Mushmouth
Feb 21, 2004
Urban Tumbleweed

Oh good I'm watching Second Skin and every time I get all hosed up when Legate Gamor yells after Kira, "Please! Iliana! I'm sorry!" There's a lot of people who cared about this actual Cardassian girl and feel SUPER GUILTY over her death, even her mentor despite being totally willing to use her image as a way to get to her father for being a dissident.
This episode is very good.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can't wait for the new series to suck because I wasn't around SA when Enterprise premiered. It must have been magical. :allears:

Also I've been binging TNG for the millionth time, except now it's in HHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDD. Worf's forehead cracks in every single close up and Troi is wearing clown makeup. And last night I finally reached A Day in the Life of Data's Autism.

Did you notice somewhere in season 3/4 where Troi is covering her moustache with makeup?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

It will be me because I liked enterprise.

Dumbass.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Which person from this thread will commit suicide when the next star trek ruins the franchise for the next 20 years as no one will touch it?

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
There's another TNG movie? Aren't they getting a bit old for that?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

DeepQantas posted:

There's another TNG movie? Aren't they getting a bit old for that?

Do you remember that episode where Guinan, Keiko, Picard and Ro were turned into kids? Well they've taken that ensemble of now 30 year olds and are going to film it as "Star Trek: The Next Previous Generation Again But Also Before". They'll have to grease a few palms for the name rights but otherwise they've got a Picard we know and trust and can be made to work for just SAG minimum scale and a bagel bar. Its the Picard you loved but this time without all the expense and headache of shelling out for perks like a private trailer and car service.

The antagonist? Remember that one episode with Q Jr. as played by John DeLancie Jr? Yup. That ol' Picard-Q dynamic is back and contractually locked in for 40 more years!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
That would be really funny.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Voyager was hazardous waste. Enterprise was merely rubbish. The best parts of Voyager were worse than the average parts of Enterprise.

Also Shran owns

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Jacko

Jake O

Jake-obe

Jacob?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Tighclops posted:

I want to see this quoted in 2017

then decompress the main shuttlebay, that might kick us out of the way

I suggest we use the tractor beam to alter the thread's trajectory.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I suggest we use the tractor beam to alter the thread's trajectory.

Or we could reconfigure the deflector array to emit an inverse tetrion pulse. If we can just tech the tech, it will work.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Jake

Yobe

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just started S4 of DS9 and this is probably already Peak Worf dang

what is in the coconut

what have you put in there

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just finished all of Voyager. Watching the pilot of Enterprise. loving rofl at the opening credit what the gently caress is this poo poo? Are they serious?

Gull Dukat was right all along.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Faith of the heart, dog

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If you actually watch the opening credits of a show you are binging through more than two or three times at most, then it's your own god drat fault.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Mean Jerk posted:

SA existed at the time but I don't think TV/IV did. The forums weren't really a one stop shop for all general interests back then, that came a bit later.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I swear I remember posting about perky Vulcan titties though.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Also Shran owns

You're god drat right.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Bum the Sad posted:

I swear I remember posting about perky Vulcan titties though.

TVIV definitely existed while Enterprise was still on the air, but Not until season 2 or 3, I think.

Also, decided to watch the Q episodes of TNG and caught the foreshadowing for the finale in True Q. How long was that idea in the works?

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

If you actually watch the opening credits of a show you are binging through more than two or three times at most, then it's your own god drat fault.

I only watch the opening credits the first time through. After that Netflix auto skips it mostly.

Dukat did nothing wrong.

Got bored of the Enterprise pilot and checked out Renegades. Got up to the sweaty Klingon; what a travesty. I'd rather watch an hour compilation of Janeway putting her hands up.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Why would you even bother watching some piece of trash produced using real TV characters and a TV franchise but for youtube?

To me it's just overly elaborate fan fiction, on the same level artistically as 50 shades of grey but without the commercial success.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Star Trek Continues is genuinely fun for what it is especially when you consider what passes for serious drama on network television these days

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Lmbo.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Please post more of them please.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I bet Sisko did a weed all the time

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFMrBldVk0s

Star Trek Weed

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Did someone say "Weed Trek" yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVc79FE5Bo

Adbot