Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Look into your heart!

Or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The gloves cast comes off and the pincer claw comes out.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

LostRook posted:

The gloves cast comes off and the pincer claw comes out.

I don't want anything to do with your facacta metaphor.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

You're a poo poo cop, you know that?

e- Lou's wife knows she's hosed. :(

There's an ADT sensor on the door of the house she's in now

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 24, 2015

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Uhhhhhh..........

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
So is the alien thing going to be a plot point now? Is her pops crazy?

Edit: I know! She was abducted and given the cancer, then her dad makes a deal with a man that happens to really like tobacco,and her cancer goes away.... Bees... Aliens... Mulder's sister *eyes roll back into head*

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

does "hosen-sheisse" mean what i think it means? :shrek:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I'm loving The Study.

Also, god drat Milligan doesn't want to lose face.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

You're a poo poo cop, you know that?

e- Lou's wife knows she's hosed. :(

There's an ADT sensor on the door of the house she's in now

Like the security company?

a helpful bear posted:

So is the alien thing going to be a plot point now? Is her pops crazy?

Edit: I know! She was abducted and given the cancer, then her dad makes a deal with a man that happens to really like tobacco,and her cancer goes away.... Bees... Aliens... Mulder's sister *eyes roll back into head*

Please see my preivous posts

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yeah, the security company. Magnetic contact with the big piece on the door and small on the jamb. Them not being together triggers the alarm when armed.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Oh poo poo, Bear.

Bear's gonna get it when Mom finds out he capped Simone.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

does "hosen-sheisse" mean what i think it means? :shrek:

Schisse is what you think it is. Thank you, ATHF commentaries, for explaining that.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
That's not Mean Mark Calloway

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't quite catch that final phone call. "It's your lucky day" and I didn't catch what was said after.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Accretionist posted:

I'm loving The Study.

Also, god drat Milligan doesn't want to lose face.

Lose face?

They were going to kill him! Thats literal losing face, not figuartive, which has a lot different implications!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

I didn't quite catch that final phone call. "It's your lucky day" and I didn't catch what was said after.

I've got Dodd Gehardt in the trunk of my car

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I think Ted Danson also said "It's your lucky day" earlier.

:tviv:

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Oxyclean posted:

"I got Dodd Gerhardt in the trunk of my car. You want him?"

This was a good episode.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

I love this song, and this cover is loving awesome

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

"I got Dodd Gerhardt in the trunk of my car. You want him?"
He was lieing tho right?

PotatoJudge posted:

I love this song, and this cover is loving awesome

Please post the youtube link to both

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

He was lieing tho right?

Please post the youtube link to both

original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhOKhJaM1QE

No idea who did that cover

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PotatoJudge posted:

I've got Dodd Gehardt in the trunk of my car

Holy poo poo. I just assumed he was dead / left at the house and wondered why the police didn't find him.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Holy poo poo. I just assumed he was dead / left at the house and wondered why the police didn't find him.

I dont think hes in there.

The leaked version cut off the song, so thats a bummer.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

KoRMaK posted:

Please see my preivous posts

Holy poo poo.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

I dont think hes in there.

The leaked version cut off the song, so thats a bummer.

It was the song that played as Ed walked back to his car, a very disco-ey version. A cover of O Death and Oh Danny Boy were in there as well to fill in Coen brothers' music connection

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

I think it's Jerry Lee Lewis. If not there's only like two others that predate the time period of the show, so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npR_dsirETI

thetimebefore
Jan 2, 2013
That was a good episode, but what the he'll was up with the timeline? Hank mentions his confrontation with Dodd was 'yesterday' at the start of the episode. So otto's funeral is the day after he dies? And the Montage at the start and the backup they got was all in less than 24 hours?
But then Bear also mentions not seeing Hanzee for two days...
And Mike has two days before The Undertaker arrives, then like two scenes later gets a phone call saying he's on his way?

Lots of good stuff in this one, but the timeline was hugely distracting for me.

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010
Still a lil' confused about what Betsy saw in her Father's house... What's the implication there? Or was that all a cancer-y brain hallucination?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Her husband only owns two pairs of shoes.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

spoon0042 posted:

I think it's Jerry Lee Lewis. If not there's only like two others that predate the time period of the show, so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npR_dsirETI

this is definitely not the version in the episode lol. great music this episode though. the jethro tull song was a fitting touch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkmHQ2q--I

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

oh jay posted:

Her husband only owns two pairs of shoes.
That's her house. Her father's house is the one with the weird study.

Rykert posted:

Still a lil' confused about what Betsy saw in her Father's house... What's the implication there? Or was that all a cancer-y brain hallucination?
Dementia? Aliens? Just a weird conspiracy guy? I've been rewatching the whole series this past week and can't really think of what it means, but I doubt it was a hallucination.

KoRMaK posted:

He was lieing tho right?
He wouldn't know Mike Milligan or Dodd Gerhardt without meeting Hanzee. Either he met Hanzee and did not die, or he really is the sleeper agent Butcher of Laverne.

10/10 TV. Each episode builds upon the last.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 24, 2015

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Aside from the 5 direct soundtrack nods to Coen previous work, as well as the scene with Bear and Simone in the woods, straight out of Miller's Crossing did anyone else notice that Betsy specifically mentioned the Knutsens?

WHO THE gently caress ARE THE KNUTSENS?!

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

A+ television every week, goddamn! Maybe Hanzee is holding Ed and forcing him to draw Milligan out from his hole or Ed is a legit under the radar contractor.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

MaoistBanker posted:

Aside from the 5 direct soundtrack nods to Coen previous work, as well as the scene with Bear and Simone in the woods, straight out of Miller's Crossing did anyone else notice that Betsy specifically mentioned the Knutsens?

WHO THE gently caress ARE THE KNUTSENS?!

Knut is a common male given name in some of the Nordic countries. This name can be turned into a surname such as Knutson or Knutsen. There are a lot of immigrants from those countries in Minnesota. Hmm...

edit:

buddhanc posted:

A+ television every week, goddamn! Maybe Hanzee is holding Ed and forcing him to draw Milligan out from his hole or Ed is a legit under the radar contractor.

I'm curious about this, too. The car that Ed gets into isn't one that I recognize.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 24, 2015

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

Lose face?

They were going to kill him! Thats literal losing face, not figuartive, which has a lot different implications!

I think "the undertaker" was just sent to help him kill the gerhardts because they thought he couldn't do it himself. Otherwise, why would they tell Mike they were sending him?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Knut is a common male given name in some of the Nordic countries. This name can be turned into a surname such as Knutson or Knutsen. There are a lot of immigrants from those countries in Minnesota. Hmm...

edit:

Fawn Knutsen is Bunny Lebowski. That was the joke.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The second time that guy told Bear someone was on the phone who knew where Dodd was, I turned to my roommate and told him I bet Ed and Peggy have him tied up and they'll be up to some Raising Arizona shenanigans next episode.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
The Ed situation has really thrown me, I just can't understand what's happening with this previously Mr Beanesque small town butcher. I guess he's the Lester Nygaard for this season and Hanzee is his Malvo? On the other hand if I heard that said out loud I'd probably think I'm a loving idiot :v:

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

MrWilderheap posted:

I think "the undertaker" was just sent to help him kill the gerhardts because they thought he couldn't do it himself. Otherwise, why would they tell Mike they were sending him?

nah it was "Get it under control OR we send the undertaker." It was an implicit threat, not helpfully sending re-enforcements.

Crankit posted:

The Ed situation has really thrown me, I just can't understand what's happening with this previously Mr Beanesque small town butcher. I guess he's the Lester Nygaard for this season and Hanzee is his Malvo? On the other hand if I heard that said out loud I'd probably think I'm a loving idiot :v:

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Peggy with all the bright ideas.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
This show gets better every week, hopefully we get to learn what kinda shenanigans Hahnzee was up to when he had to shoot those two officers next week.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Mike's book quote is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_(book) and the themes in that really match up with the themes of this season.

Albert Camus posted:

“Freedom, "that terrible word inscribed on the chariot of the storm," is the motivating principle of all revolutions. Without it, justice seems inconceivable to the rebel's mind. There comes a time, however, when justice demands the suspension of freedom. Then terror, on a grand or small scale, makes its appearance to consummate the revolution. Every act of rebellion expresses a nostalgia for innocence and an appeal to the essence of being. But one day nostalgia takes up arms and assumes the responsibility of total guilt; in other words, adopts murder and violence.”

The game of hangman on the back of Ed's phone booth spells S_O_X F_LLS

1st set of weird letters: Love, House, Married Couple, Child, Person

2nd set: Sick, Angry Conversation, Fetus, Dead

3rd set I can only make out: Share, ??, Couple, Time/??, Sick

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

dad alien, so what

lol if you think Ted Danson only time traveled once.

• Locked thread