Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

I was so happy when I read I could abuse the online save system on PS4 to get all the endings in bloodborne in one run. I still have a character at end game just sitting there waiting to do the last ending. Thank god chalice dungeons were too much of a chore for me to finish off the platinum though, going through the DS2 dlc at ng+4 was painful, but I wanted to use my main instead of starting all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

goferchan posted:

Bloodborne doesn't have a lot of it going on but there's a ton of stuff in DS2 that's not accessible on your first playthrough. DS1 has quite a few mutually exclusive quests and covenants and stuff that require more than one run through the game as well. Bloodborne's NG+ was definitely one of the most disappointing things in the game to me, honestly.

I should have specified that 2 had a few things added. But for the most part souls is worth playing multiple times because it's fun. It's not some integral part of the experience.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

ps4 thread should not be allowed to talk about dark souls or persona because god drat

please stick to which brand of decal is the best for your controller and which PS+ title is the worst this month.

I think if anyone shouldn't be allowed to talk about souls it's souls fans.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I think anyone that doesn't like Souls games is a bad person IMO

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Captain Yossarian posted:

I think anyone that doesn't like Souls games is a bad person IMO

someone take this dog's keyboard away.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
does uncharted get better? the first is kinda goofy and lame

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

NESguerilla posted:

Welp. I guess I'm not playing it for a while then. That sucks.

you only have to kill vicar. literally can be done casually in under an hour. grow up and game, gamer

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Mechanically wise? Yes.

The first one's mechanics were pretty wonky.

Terms of story? Nope.

Drake is just a goofyball murderer.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

the first uncharted is by far the worst. 2 is the best and 3 is a step back but still pretty good

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

John Yossarian posted:

It would be pretty cool if they made a sequel to Otogi. The first two games were really fun.

Earlier this year Miyazaki specifically mentioned Otogi as a brighter and less grim style that FROM used to do and he would like them to go back to. Also earlier this year when asked if FROM would really abandon the Souls style he clarified by saying something along the lines of thinking the basic gameplay could be more flexible and specifically mentioned scifi variations.

I'd say some less grim worlds are a certainty for future FROM titles, and I think we'll see some of the core elements of Souls games modified (far more than Bloodborne, I'd expect) in different genres.

Really any action game that has the same attention to basic mechanics and level design as Miyazaki's previous games, I will play.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ruddha posted:

you only have to kill vicar. literally can be done casually in under an hour. grow up and game, gamer

Im gonna do it eventually and ive already paid for the DLC but there's no way im getting to level 65 casually in under an hour and thats what the DLC stuff is balanced for, apparently. I think it's just there available so early in case you want an extra challenge or you're on NG+ or whatever

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

noirstronaut posted:

What part do you find goofy and lame? I'd say the writing in 2 is better but if Nate Drake and his pervy old grandpa sidekick aren't doing it for you i'd probably check out.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

NESguerilla posted:

People deserve to talk about games they love

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The art in Otogi, especially in the second game, is really drat awesome. The environments they crafted were really striking. Then they got completely demolished and massive craters deformed the landscape after you battled the demons.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

NESguerilla posted:

I might just suck it up and play the DLC in NG+ and summon like it's going out of style if it feels too hard. I just really suck at bloodborne bosses, and the idea of playing a beefed up version of the dlc isn't exactly thrilling. Neither is rolling a new character and getting it to post Rom territory.

Yeah I'm not ashamed to summon much just to quickly get to the DLC. I mean didn't they even add a co-op focused guild? Seems that may have been coordinated.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jimbot posted:

The art in Otogi, especially in the second game, is really drat awesome. The environments they crafted were really striking. Then they got completely demolished and massive craters deformed the landscape after you battled the demons.

otogi is super cool in general

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wasn't there some Japanese demon like game coming out in the future that looked like/was stated to have some in common with the mechanic stile of the Souls games?

I mean like literally like Japanese demons. Like onis.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Feenix posted:

Wasn't there some Japanese demon like game coming out in the future that looked like/was stated to have some in common with the mechanic stile of the Souls games?

I mean like literally like Japanese demons. Like onis.

Ni-Oh, maybe?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is there a reason why PSN won't let me purchase the Bloodborne DLC? I tried to purchase it once, but needed to change my card information since the one I'd used before had expired. When I finished updating that, I went back to the store and the option to purchase the DLC was no longer there. I have "Add to Cart" options for everything else, and nothing showing in my cart.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Motto posted:

Ni-Oh, maybe?

Yep! Thanks!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Paracelsus posted:

Is there a reason why PSN won't let me purchase the Bloodborne DLC? I tried to purchase it once, but needed to change my card information since the one I'd used before had expired. When I finished updating that, I went back to the store and the option to purchase the DLC was no longer there. I have "Add to Cart" options for everything else, and nothing showing in my cart.

Try buying it from the console or if you are using the console try from the webstore

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Frys has the gold headset for 54. Black Friday in store must have a promo code which is given to people who sign up for their mailing list. Best price I've ever seen but you got to jump through hoops.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Bloodborne DLC is pretty great so far. You should probably be around level 40 or at least be post Shadow dudes before you take on the bosses.

NESguerilla posted:

I should have specified that 2 had a few things added. But for the most part souls is worth playing multiple times because it's fun. It's not some integral part of the experience.

All of this is bad and wrong.

Ruddha posted:

Yeah I made a character just for the DLC and you can breeze through to Amelia really fast. Plus they added new NPC hunters to help you out and there are tons of people trying to level up in the new covenant so it goes even faster.

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 24, 2015

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Disaster Report 4 on the PS4 motherfuckers!

Release date unknown. One would assume summer since it's called "Summer Memories". It's by a new studio called Gz that has a bunch of former Irem people.

Edit: I apologize if you are not a motherfucker.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 24, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wonder if there's anything left from the cancelled 2011 game, I would imagine not though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

I wonder if there's anything left from the cancelled 2011 game, I would imagine not though.

From: http://gematsu.com/2015/11/disaster-report-4-plus-summer-memories-announced-ps4

quote:

The “Plus” in the title signifies that the game is being rebuilt. The original version of the game is being used as a base, but everything is being completely revised from zero.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, that's interesting.

Also lol at having to make your character poop

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The video apps you have installed should go to the top of the list, that is all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is AC Unity worth £10 for comedy value?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Is AC Unity worth £10 for comedy value?
Are boring, formulaic games funny to you?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are boring, formulaic games funny to you?

Anime avatar, check
vita owner, check

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it still has inside out faces possibly

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

If it still has inside out faces possibly
I think they fixed the major bugs right away. All that's left is a big bland soggy open world game that somehow made participating in the French Revolution boring.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Anime avatar, check
vita owner, check

You're right I've probably already played much worse

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
So I know AC unity is 900p on ps4, but when my tv says that it's being displayed at 1080p, does that mean it is being upscaled to 1080p? My ps4 resolution default is set at automatic.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, everything gets upscaled to whatever the PS4 is set to output.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yes, the PS4 internally upscales everything to 1080p.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Thanks!

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

There isn't a PS3 thread anymore so this thread is the most relevant. I wanted to make sure everyone heard the good news:

Girl has reached Pluto!

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

LibbyM posted:

There isn't a PS3 thread anymore so this thread is the most relevant. I wanted to make sure everyone heard the good news:

Girl has reached Pluto!

People still play that game? Colour me surprised.

It was a lot of fun, especially for the £3 it cost. I might have to boot it back up and mess around with it for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

LibbyM posted:

Girl has reached Pluto!

Is there a length shown somewhere for how far it traveled to get to Pluto? The next destination is the sun which is 2.73 billion miles away from Pluto(average). Just wondering about how many yearsdecades it's going to take.

• Locked thread