Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Menamino posted:

The Pats are incredibly beatable in their current form against any team with a good qb and good defense. The Giants last week had the qb but their defense is poo poo, and the Bills have the defense but Tyrod isn't there yet.

I look at the afc though and do any teams have both of those things? Cincy maybe? But to beat the Pats in the playoffs they'd have to win a game with more than 12 people watching. I can't think of anyone else who stops the Pats from reaching the superbowl.

You guys who aren't on Team Eli to get back out of the nfc and stop the inevitable are just wrong at this point.

Well, for this game most of the oline was rushed back from injury but they hopefully get fully healthy and sorted until next Sunday, Edelman is probably back for the playoffs and who knows what the deal is with Amendola. Add Collins to the mix and the Patriots look much better. Not to mention the fact that Rex always plays them close and Buffalo, on paper, has the ideal setup to beat New England, outside of being a team that's just better on offense and defense.

Oh and the secondary doesn't look nearly as putrid as I thought before the season with Buttler being a decent corner and Ryan not getting burned on every play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the steelers, bengals, and broncos if osweiler is remotely competent are all more than capable of beating the patriots, as well as a million teams in the nfc they could see in the super bowl.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Menamino posted:

The Pats are incredibly beatable in their current form against any team with a good qb and good defense. The Giants last week had the qb but their defense is poo poo, and the Bills have the defense but Tyrod isn't there yet.

I look at the afc though and do any teams have both of those things? Cincy maybe? But to beat the Pats in the playoffs they'd have to win a game with more than 12 people watching. I can't think of anyone else who stops the Pats from reaching the superbowl.

You guys who aren't on Team Eli to get back out of the nfc and stop the inevitable are just wrong at this point.

Titans are going to gently caress them up

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
With Mayo actually looking like a professional again this defense will be nasty when Collins comes back.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bills didn't do themselves any favors but holy poo poo what a clown show from the refs

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

The whistle appeared to blow while the pass was in the air. However, the officials ruled to give the Patriots the ball at the spot of the catch, which amounted to a 14-yard gain. In addition, Bills head coach Rex Ryan was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for being in the sideline and interfering with the side judge.

I missed that Rex got a flag thrown on him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fun stat of the week. The Patriots now have the #1 ranked defense in the NFL by points allowed.

They're like 12th or something by yards.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol whistlegate

If I had a time machine I wouldn't save Kennedy or kill Hitler. I'd go back to 1970 and burn down the Watergate.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

I missed that Rex got a flag thrown on him.

It didn't cause the ref to gently caress up but he deserved it. Why are you walking in front of the ref during a play?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Popy posted:

gently caress Eli,

Brock will beat the pats book it
same

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
There are two 10-0 teams, I'm positive that's the best it's ever been, but what's the next closest
I mean at one point in the season there were like five 6-0 teams

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Magicpants posted:

There are two 10-0 teams, I'm positive that's the best it's ever been, but what's the next closest

The Saints and Colts were both 13-0 in 2009

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--oh that might win

Magicpants posted:

1998 might have been better without checking? Denver was 12 or 13-0 and you had the Vikings on their ridiculous run.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
oh dang

don't you choke on me, Carolina

e: 98 Vikings only made it to 7-1, I don't know why I forgot the Saints were 13-0 that year

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 24, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

lol whistlegate

If I had a time machine I wouldn't save Kennedy or kill Hitler. I'd go back to 1970 and burn down the Watergate.

Then every arson will become ____gate

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

NC-17 posted:

lol whistlegate

Very sad that Antonio Gates didn't appeal his PED suspension so we could have had Gates Gate

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I think the flag on Rex was a makeup call for the inadvertant whistle.
He wasn't even doing anything related to the play and wasn't interfering with the ref either.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Cam vs Brady in the Battle for 19-0 would be the greatest thing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Magicpants posted:

The Giants and Niners were both 10-0 in 1990

They both lost the week before they were to face each other

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Magicpants posted:

In 1990, the Giants and 49ers both made it to 10-0, and then both lost a week before playing each other on Monday Night Football. And then they played again in the NFC Championship.

efb, but both those games were really close and really good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

I legit think that Arizona and Carolina both match up with New England really well. If anything Carolina could have a slight edge because Cam while not an amazing passer is harder to game plan for and Luke and Davis could be big difference makers covering the running backs and tight end sets the Pats love to use so much in the passing game.

Arizona are seriously legit though and their secondary could give Brady some fits.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pasaluki posted:

He wasn't even doing anything related to the play and wasn't interfering with the ref either.

I wouldn't say he was interfering with him exactly but he had no business hopping anywhere near the play in front of the ref while the play was live.

I'm also sort of curious what he was yelling about, did he see a missed hold or something?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

zimbomonkey posted:

I want to believe.

In other news, what's with people seriously considering Dallas for the playoffs? They have an extremely tough schedule ahead with maybe 3 wins that I can see. The Giants and the Eagles can't BOTH lose all their games from here on out. best case scenario for the Cowboys is they win the next 6 and the Giants lose 4 out of the next 6 right? Actually the more I look at these schedules the more I start to believe...

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

pasaluki posted:

He was in the white and in the way. Pretty safe bet the IW doesn't happen if he is not there and that he was getting a flag either way.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Accurate?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Trin will probably come by eventually but yeah that's my understanding of the rule. The Bills should have challenged to see if the whistle blew before the catch.

What actually happened was probably the fairest thing they could do.

e: Oh missed the last sentence there, that's interesting. And something that should be fixed if that's a holdover from 1910 or something.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

More or less, yeah.

In possession or loose because fumble, backward pass, or illegal forward pass? You pick.

Losse because legal forward pass, free kick, or scrimmage kick? Replay down.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@jcmccaffrey
A little strange that Patriots locker room guys are collecting Amendola's jacket, shoes and backpack and bringing them into training room.

:rip: Edelman and Amendola

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Was at the bar so had no audio, what the gently caress happened during that pass? Did the refs think Brady was out of bounds?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Did anyone see a replay on the Corey Graham defensive hold on Brady's INT that got called back? ESPN didn't show it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ultrachrist posted:

Was at the bar so had no audio, what the gently caress happened during that pass? Did the refs think Brady was out of bounds?

Yes? Maybe? They completely hosed up is all you need to know. Or at least then you'll know as much as anyone else.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

@jcmccaffrey
A little strange that Patriots locker room guys are collecting Amendola's jacket, shoes and backpack and bringing them into training room.

Danny Amendola died on the way back to his home planet.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
They decided the best thing to do was just kill Amendola and use him as spare Edelman parts

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
For the love of God*, Rams, cut Wes Welker

*Satan

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

ultrachrist posted:

My guess will be as good as anyone elses, but I think that he got distracted by Ryan suddenly being right there in front of him and had a brain fart. Rather than grabbing his flag he blew the whistle he had just put in his mouth. That or Ryan's presence made him lose track of the ball and for whatever reason he blew the whistle.

:rip: Steratore's crew getting the Super Bowl

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

chaoslord posted:

My guess will be as good as anyone elses, but I think that he got distracted by Ryan suddenly being right there in front of him and had a brain fart. Rather than grabbing his flag he blew the whistle he had just put in his mouth. That or Ryan's presence made him lose track of the ball and for whatever reason he blew the whistle.

:rip: Steratore's crew getting the Super Bowl

Assumed Brady was throwing the ball out of bounds maybe

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chris James 2 posted:

@jcmccaffrey

Jesus Christ by the end of the season Tom Brady is going to be passing the ball to Bill Simmons

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Athanatos posted:

Assumed Brady was throwing the ball out of bounds maybe

Very well could be that, yeah. Honestly think thats more likely than my thought that he just had a brain fart over grabbing his flag.

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 24, 2015

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Brandon Lloyd isn't doing anything, call his rear end up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Popy posted:

gently caress Eli,