Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Pinterest Mom posted:

The ambitious team behind Star Citizen has been working on a series of "bespoke" flight sticks for their spacefaring game for some time now, and one of those models finally has a release window. The peripheral, which could be one of the best new HOTAS concepts in a decade, may also have one serious flaw.

Polygon has learned that the $350 set won't feature mechanical keys.

Polygon reached out to the Star Citizen team for more information and found out that the system, called the Atom, will be based in part on the Mad Catz STRIKE 7. Instead of Cherry mechanical switches seen on many high-end keyboards, the Atom will feature a "specially engineered membrane which mimics the tactile feel generated by the mechanical keys ... without the resultant excessive noise."

The Atom will be sold in two parts starting Dec. 16. The stick and throttle alone will run $149.99 — comparable to Saitek's existing X52 model — and the keyboard will run $199.99. The first 2,000 units will be signed by Chris Roberts, the designer of Star Citizen. Delivery is scheduled for May.

yessssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

this is literally something chris roberts drew in chemistry class when he was 16 and now they're making it instead of making any progress on the game

incredible

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

triple sulk posted:

i used to feel this way but 21:9 is rly good

ya, even with the hacks and workarounds you wind up using its just so good

also displaying cinemascope full screen is hot poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

*scoffs*

useless. it's just an x52 with half a keyboard stuck in the middle.

go warthog or go home. surely those morons spending tens of thousands on virtual spaceships can justify not even 400 dollars for the best most indestructible joystick there is. i've owned like 12 different sticks and hotas systems in my life and the warthog is the one that made me quit even looking at what else is coming out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fun fact -- the warthog stick is a perfect replica of the actual stick in the A-10C, except that the warthog is made of cast aluminum, and the real stick is plastic. lol

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://gifsound.com/?gifv=KUnyAU4&v=wjNtB5g70ic&s=5

:eyepop:

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Space-Pope posted:

ahahahahahaha

for the love of god, do not buy saitek. anything after they got acquired by madcatz is poo poo. poor button placement, weird zones in the stick that require more force to move than other areas, etc.

if you really need a hotas for your spaceship jpegs, and you're looking around that ballpark, go get yourself some ch products stuff. they're good, inexpensive, and indestructible

bonus points that their stuff looks like it's from the 90s, if you want to go into full-on wing commander nostalgia

bought a CH Products throttle for Elite Dangerous, can confirm it's great

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

halo

!

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Notorious QIG posted:

if this was new vegas, id be able to go have a chat with the brotherhood and convince them that hey, maybe letting the synths live isn't that big a deal

at least there's a reason why that can't happen (maxson's eastern brotherhood is a buncha nazi bastards)

it's stupid if there's no capacity to kill max/blow up the zeppelin/use some other means to rout the main force from boston after the fact though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

c mouse s: fixed it. i love this old g9 but the cable finally frayed loose after like 6 years of continuous use. damned if logitech is gonna make me throw away a perfectly good mouse for a little short circuit though. gonna keep this one until te buttons hit that 10 million cycles they claim

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mx master supremacy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i play my flight sims on a ddr pad and the speed and stylishness of my dancing is the deadliest dogfighter of them all

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

finally, a settlement *inside* the city limits

i wonder if i can get Hangman's Alley up and keep it going with strictly local production/scavenging. not too excited about hearing a provisioner behind the gate get chaos dunked by a nuke mutant every time i fast travel down there

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lmao, the main quest is the dumbest poo poo

Father: Mother, I, your son -- Father -- have... cancer!

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Exterminator's Missile Launcher:ins:

tap tap tap on backspace

CRAB FUCKER:ins:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

i play my flight sims on a ddr pad and the speed and stylishness of my dancing is the deadliest dogfighter of them all

PROTOCULTURE!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Notorious QIG posted:

dcss > nethack > rogue > adom > angband

where does tome go

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

emmett the cat in: CAT POLICE

http://gfycat.com/LinearShinyAngwantibo

there's only one episode

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't see how anyone can say Nethack is better than ADOM. ADOM has at least some concessions to modernity now.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

sidenote: totes worth killing everyone on that stupid blimp

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Should have had that abortion.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i killed Father with the same gun that killed his mother.

felt good.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when I first met Maxson, I talked to him and went holy poo poo! you guys are fascists after all! so I shot him in the face with my shotgun that does bleeding damage a few times and jumped off the side in the power armor they give you

decided against it after because I realized they'd probably give me an actual quest to kill him later if I waited

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Notorious QIG posted:

playing this game's main quest after playing new vegas is really disappointing. the only difference between the railroad and the brotherhood is what to do with the synths: both factions want to destroy the institute, but the railroad want to save the synths and the brotherhood want to kill them. if this was new vegas, id be able to go have a chat with the brotherhood and convince them that hey, maybe letting the synths live isn't that big a deal

instead, if i side with the railroad, i'll have infinitely spawning vertibirds dropping brotherhood paladins on my head from here until i stop playing

if this were fo3, bethesda would probably drop dlc that gives you a p obvious way around not being retarded at the end of the game

"maybe i should send the robot into the heavily irradiated room to press a button"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

saitek... now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
bloodborne dlc is out

will report back tonight. gonna make a new character for it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also syndicate cgs:

i went ghost hunting with charles dickens

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Sagebrush posted:

*scoffs*

useless. it's just an x52 with half a keyboard stuck in the middle.

go warthog or go home. surely those morons spending tens of thousands on virtual spaceships can justify not even 400 dollars for the best most indestructible joystick there is. i've owned like 12 different sticks and hotas systems in my life and the warthog is the one that made me quit even looking at what else is coming out
well yes. obv go with the tm warthog, if you can afford it. i've got it myself, and holy poo poo. it fits my hands perfectly, can be modified easily, and i'm pretty sure the stick could be used as a bludgeoning instrument

i was just saying that for less than the cost of that star shitizen monstrosity, you can get a ch products stick + throttle + pedals, all of which are great

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Notorious QIG posted:

if this was new vegas, id be able to go have a chat with the brotherhood and convince them that hey, maybe letting the synths live isn't that big a deal

probably not, after all caesar's legion never really changed that much other than "who's in charge"

well maybe it did, but only like 10% of playthroughs worldwide ever sided with them because they're in the rear end end of nowhere and you usually meet the friendly NCR before then

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Space-Pope posted:

bloodborne dlc is out

will report back tonight. gonna make a new character for it

oh poo poo.... i know what ill be up to this weekend

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
still stewing on dat $100 off ps4 bundle. i was originally holding out for 1tb and newer sku. is 500gb that hard to put up with? i wasn't really intending to use it for anything but playing one or two games at a time, albeit i am planning to be as close to 100% digital purchases as possible

also does the ps4 even run that loudly that a slightly better power efficiency would make any difference?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

computer parts posted:

probably not, after all caesar's legion never really changed that much other than "who's in charge"

well maybe it did, but only like 10% of playthroughs worldwide ever sided with them because they're in the rear end end of nowhere and you usually meet the friendly NCR before then

tbf caesars legion was a group of slavers formed from the conquest of dozens of raider tribes. the brotherhood of steel is, by their propaganda at least, a force striving to protect the common citizens of the wasteland and return humanity to its golden age. it would make plenty of sense to convince the brotherhood that hey so long as the institute is dead who cares about the dozen or so living synths, while it wouldnt make sense to convince caesars legion that hey you can live peacefully with the ncr

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Vintersorg posted:

reloaded WoW

lmao gently caress my life

make fun of me

loving called it lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
plus the legion was supposed to have waaaay more content originally

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Did you get your characters restored after you deleted them all

nice self control

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
500GB is not constricting at all, that holds like a dozen AAA games

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Improbable Lobster posted:

plus the legion was supposed to have waaaay more content originally

yup, plus there was supposed to be a companion who would be legion-exclusive, kind of like how boone is ncr-exclusive

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

500GB is not constricting at all, that holds like a dozen AAA games
good to know

paying $425 cad taxes in would be a lot better than $575 cad taxes in

does ps4 have that thing where you need to have twice the space needed for the download like the ps3 has?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Katana Gomai posted:

Did you get your characters restored after you deleted them all

nice self control

nah, just making a new one

i enjoy the leveling - not the end game apparently :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
that's really not the brotherhood's objectives, btw

like maybe it is in fallout 4 (which makes them sound like the enclave) but the brotherhood of steel was all about keeping technology out of the reach of the plebs

• Locked thread