Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Of new authors, or ones I've recently heard of, I like Kumichou a lot. In particular this is great (I bet it's been posted here before).

The title "Roommates" from Tamamusi reminds me of Under One Roof by Fujio, which is fun too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Under One Roof is really good, but the translation is tragically slow. It's been more than a year since the last one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mugi is the best. :3:

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
That office romance thing reminds me about another manga, it's on the tip of my tongue now... It had like 2 guys, 2 girls they both work in an office. It only had a few chapters scanned. The biggest thing I remember was that the main girl and main guy were fairly adversarial towards each other, and the thing I remember most was the pokemon style actions in a short confrontation, one person "used flee" and the other person uses a door or chair to prevent them, and I'm pretty sure that it was posted as an imgur album which is why I forgot the name.

Anyone have an idea of what I remember?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sylphid posted:

Agreed, but I would have to say Tamamusi is my favorite yuri author working today. Her stuff is short and sweet.

I read this one called Unripe Fruit and I don't get it. The student goes to college and then goes to see her teacher who she had a crush on, and after hooking up with the teacher the teacher thinks "You shouldn't do this, even unripe fruit eventually ripens and spoils" like somehow this girl being in a relationship is going to make her less pure/good. Makes no sense.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Chillyrabbit posted:

That office romance thing reminds me about another manga, it's on the tip of my tongue now... It had like 2 guys, 2 girls they both work in an office. It only had a few chapters scanned. The biggest thing I remember was that the main girl and main guy were fairly adversarial towards each other, and the thing I remember most was the pokemon style actions in a short confrontation, one person "used flee" and the other person uses a door or chair to prevent them, and I'm pretty sure that it was posted as an imgur album which is why I forgot the name.

Anyone have an idea of what I remember?

love is hard for otaku
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742167

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Thanks now to reply and bookmark this so I don't lose it!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sylphid posted:

Under One Roof is really good, but the translation is tragically slow. It's been more than a year since the last one.

Unless there's another one, the magazine that was published in kinda died.

Lililicious posted:

Note: This is the final volume of Hirari, but the publisher has announced that they are hoping to release some collections in the next few years, including Fujio's Parlor, so this might not be the end for Under One Roof. We can only hope!
(From their site.)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Speaking of, Nomi Joshi update. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nomi-Joshi/Vol-001-Ch-011?id=245887

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

New Yurikuma ch: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch09

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Merikuron no Namida: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/merikuron-no-namida-r16440

A story about clones and moving on from the past. I've followed this scanlation group since HS (im old) and I typically like most of their works :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was looking at what else that artist had done and read this one: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ningyo-no-ouji-sama-r12525/
and now I'm so sad it doesn't have more chapters because it was hilarious.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Chapter 105 of Relife is up. It's a little :3:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
A new thing popped up on Batoto, Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To. The first chapter is pretty strong imo, we'll see if it stays that way I guess.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tarezax posted:

A new thing popped up on Batoto, Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To. The first chapter is pretty strong imo, we'll see if it stays that way I guess.

this is good

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Tarezax posted:

I am always impressed how the japanese manage to find new and interesting ways to not gently caress.

It will be a shame when they finally die out from lack of reproduction.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:yikes:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Anyway

Pretty fun, wonder how long it'll last, but it's kind of like if Death Note were a shoujo except there is no note, just the goal of confession.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Didn't see this posted: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinmai_shimai_no_futari_gohan_ch05 :3:

(Although, raclette is the worst.)

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tomo-chan is back from hiatus!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Pavlov posted:

I am always impressed how the japanese manage to find new and interesting ways to not gently caress.

train this retarded gently caress back to gbs

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

A l-love triangle?!

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Davincie posted:

train this retarded gently caress back to gbs

First they came for the shitposters, but I did not speak up, because I was not a shitposter.

...Wait

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Tomo-chan is back from hiatus!

I gotta admit, I really was wondering how those two managed to have a kid.

nothings
Sep 29, 2008
The first episode of this documentary on mangaka features Akiko Higashimura of Kuraghime & Kakukaku Shikajika. (If it was linked before I don't remember it; the English subtitled version only came out a month ago.)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

(Although, raclette is the worst.)

Raclette is loving delicious, it's amazing. It would be disgusting on Ice Cream though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Pavlov posted:

This is a bad post even for you.

I'd suggest dialing your witty repartee back a bit.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

gently caress, they beat me to it.

Touché japan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

nothings posted:

The first episode of this documentary on mangaka features Akiko Higashimura of Kuraghime & Kakukaku Shikajika. (If it was linked before I don't remember it; the English subtitled version only came out a month ago.)

That was really interesting, thanks.

edit: It seems that people like her must just have some gift for knowing how to plot out stories and panels. At one point she's doing it while half-asleep.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 24, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

nothings posted:

Ace, looking forward to watching this.Two of my favourite mangakas in the same doc...and it's subbed!?

e:
Haha, their offices are so small. Even Urasawa's looks quite cramped. I wonder what sort of places lesser mangaka work in? A porta-potty? A 1 man tent?

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 24, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The speed at which she draws is nuts. :stare:

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Not really sure where else to ask for this, but does anyone have a link to the webm of ore monogatari's takeo jumping through a fire set to Rap is a Man's Soul? Trying to get someone to watch the show.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The latest chapter of Tetsugaku Letra is toying with me. :argh:

http://bato.to/reader#a4854cfc3b428824

(this is the right thread right? there's so many of these)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I can't remember if I've posted it here before but I'm concerned about Nekota is a real good and funny shoujo comic that's just started getting updates again. It's about a girl who transfers into a new school and is amazed by her new classmate Nekota, who has a cat's head, and the fac that she's the only one who sees him as a cat. Check it out if you like cool things. Bye.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

dordreff posted:

I can't remember if I've posted it here before but I'm concerned about Nekota is a real good and funny shoujo comic that's just started getting updates again. It's about a girl who transfers into a new school and is amazed by her new classmate Nekota, who has a cat's head, and the fac that she's the only one who sees him as a cat. Check it out if you like cool things. Bye.

Seconding this. Mikki is also great because she basically does whatever she likes, who cares about what anyone else thinks? She's very enthusiastic :3:

Nekota is also a very cool cat (dude). He speaks, unlike the other comic with the cat boyfriend. Odette, I think it was?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is Fujiyama-san on hiatus, or something? It's been a month since the last update when they were being released every couple of weeks before. :(

Also, second chapter of the Gay Canadian Uncle manga: http://bato.to/reader#423520b8fb7532ef :3:

coathat
May 21, 2007

The last three chapter of Full Dozer are out. http://bato.to/reader#7ee6789d7aa3f281

Basically every manga should be about Nina-san (She's so cool!)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Chapter 27 of Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! http://bato.to/reader#adbb2756dc10e9c5 is up.

Mostly the brother this time, but still mildly gay. :toot:

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Is anyone reading Takane to Hana?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/takane-to-hana-r15628/

It's one of my least favorite shoujo tropes, with the high school girl and the super rich perfect (though not so much in this series) adult man, but this one is funny as hell and the MC is super awesome. She's definitely not the usual protagonist in these situations.

I'm having more fun with this series than I have had with any new series in a long time.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

nothings posted:

This owns a lot.