Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Is there anything to fix the weird delay that sometimes happens when quickswitching weapons? I just died because my dude decided to stare at a suicider mutant instead of pulling out a shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Iron Rose posted:

how does this look as a first balance pass?

Mind you, I can change magazine sizes as well, though that's untested for nwo:

http://pastebin.com/iY6byBww

This is mostly just editing damage values right now since that's simple, easy changes to make in FO4edit. More serious changes will take more research.

Looks pretty good to me. Only a small typo with the Missile Launcher's default damage.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

On Terra Firma posted:

A mod that eliminates getting into and out of power armor, as well as the delays at the armor/weapons crafting station so that you click and are instantly in crafting mode and click again and are instantly out would own.

Not a request. Just dreaming :(

Fast entry/exit power armor owns and you should download it

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Fast entry/exit power armor owns and you should download it

I have fast exit but entry is a little bugged from what I can tell.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Dandywalken posted:

Looks pretty good to me. Only a small typo with the Missile Launcher's default damage.

unfortunately that is not a small typo, that's literally what it is in the data :v:

Any suggestions for the Assault Rifle/Regular Lasers/.44/Combat Rifle/Railway Rifle/Gauss Rifle/Gamma Gun?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Can you change base weapon stats with FO4Edit ? I just want a minigun with a more realistic rof.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Yo for real slow down the rof of all automatic weapons by at least 25% so you can land more shots and not waste as much ammo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How can I activate ESPs manually? I don't see a data tab on the Fallout 4 Launcher like there was for skyrim.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Arcsquad12 posted:

How can I activate ESPs manually? I don't see a data tab on the Fallout 4 Launcher like there was for skyrim.

A mod manager would probably be the best plan if you're going to be doing anything more than really simple .esps, but:

LumberingTroll posted:

Holy poo poo, the default launcher has a data menu, but its hidden.

Click here

There is also a link for workshop that takes you to steam.

AgentJR posted:

This does work, but only if you've already added bEnableFileSelection=1 to Fallout4Prefs.ini. Still, thanks Bethesda!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Is there a mod yet that holsters pistols or slings rifles across the character's back when you put your carried weapon away? I miss that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

A mod manager would probably be the best plan if you're going to be doing anything more than really simple .esps, but:

That apparently isn't working on the new beta patch incidentally. Also plugins.txt resets every time you launch the game, talk about annoying.

Also released the first version of my overhaul. Just touches Damage and Magazine size for now:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463

I tried to create a balance between damage dealt and magazine size, so conventional ballistics deal more damage than their pipe equivalents, but pipe weapons tend to have bigger magazines. Slow-firing weapons like sniper rifles and shotguns got a big damage boost, as did heavy weapons.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dad Jokes posted:

Is there anything to fix the weird delay that sometimes happens when quickswitching weapons? I just died because my dude decided to stare at a suicider mutant instead of pulling out a shotgun.

Isn't there some tooltip that says the heavier the weapon the slower it is to pull out? My 50 cal sniper rifle quickswaps noticeably slower than my sniper modified overseer's guardian

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

So how do I actually edit the values from here ?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

So how do I actually edit the values from here ?

Right click, hit edit.

You are using FO4edit right? Google WIP TESVEdit, download the latest version, and rename the .exe to FO4Edit.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

"The Iron Rose" posted:

Any suggestions for the Assault Rifle/Regular Lasers/.44/Combat Rifle/Railway Rifle/Gauss Rifle/Gamma Gun?
Auto assault rifle is kinda weak for the amount of ammo it burns imo, but i don't have the auto damage perk so grain of salt.

Pretty sure the institute laser stuff is nerfed compared to the standard ones, but there might be a gameplay balance reason for that?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Is there a companion mod where they'll use the weapon you give them without having to babysit their ammo pool?

Also a mod that makes your pipboy always visible? I can't tell how many times I've died because something was up in my grill and I couldn't find the stimpacks because the pipboy transparency was borked

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FronzelNeekburm posted:

why would they hide it like that? Seriously Bethesda, what are you smoking sometimes.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I just found a legendary laser pistol with Endless Ammo. :stare:

Here Nick, now stop bugging me.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Azhais posted:

Isn't there some tooltip that says the heavier the weapon the slower it is to pull out? My 50 cal sniper rifle quickswaps noticeably slower than my sniper modified overseer's guardian

Not sure that's the issue. If that were the case, the delay would be consistent, but it happens completely randomly, and has happened at least once for every weapon I have, even lovely little pistols.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Arcsquad12 posted:

why would they hide it like that? Seriously Bethesda, what are you smoking sometimes.

Seriously, In can understand having the button hidden until the GECK and Workshop support come out, but why under Joe Power Armour's right eye?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

Right click, hit edit.

You are using FO4edit right? Google WIP TESVEdit, download the latest version, and rename the .exe to FO4Edit.

Hope I got the right one, but when I right click I get no edit button.

3.1.3 Experimental and also renamed it for FO4edit.

Update: Nevermind, figured it out. At least for damage and ammo, haven't found a rof value yet.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 24, 2015

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Seriously, In can understand having the button hidden until the GECK and Workshop support come out, but why under Joe Power Armour's right eye?

Why not?

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

GANDHITRON posted:

I downloaded a mod to change the classical station to all the New Vegas songs, and like a loving idiot I deleted it and now it's been removed from the Nexus. Anyone else have it?

Looks like it's back up, grab it while you can.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2399/

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I just found a legendary laser pistol with Endless Ammo. :stare:

Here Nick, now stop bugging me.

Those things still use ammo from inventory, they just don't have to be reloaded.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

The Iron Rose posted:

e: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyrwsdnslbctb07/150%25%20level%20scaling.rar?dl=0

Try that. Rar that has 2 .esps, one that sets the level scaling to 150%, one that set it to 200%.

What is this supposed to do? Is it level scaling, or increased legendary spawning? I really want the level scaling back in the game, I am really tired of fighting level 10 and under stuff.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

They want to sell mods, for money.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

LumberingTroll posted:

Increased Settler Population and Settlement Budget
Increase settlement population to 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 500, and 999 + Charisma. :siren: There is an optional file that removes the settlement budget (object limit) :siren:

Yessss

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The Iron Rose posted:

That apparently isn't working on the new beta patch incidentally.
Yep, I noticed that just now. :saddowns:

dammit Bethesda just let us mess around with your game, if it breaks then who cares

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

What is this supposed to do? Is it level scaling, or increased legendary spawning? I really want the level scaling back in the game, I am really tired of fighting level 10 and under stuff.

Increased level scaling, but totally untested so keep that in mind. Should increase the uh, strength of the scaling for lack of a better word. Means more enemies should scale to you and in greater degrees.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I'm glad FO4Edit came out. It was really bugging me not having these correctly named:

More like Rads +300 :frogc00l:

Registered symbol doesn't show though :(

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 24, 2015

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Dad Jokes posted:

It seems to be a loading issue. When ever I load a save, the first thing I do is cycle through my weapons a few times. After that it seems fine.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Lol so I get random ctd's in a couple settlements including sanctuary hills where all my poo poo is now, probably from updating SSEx. :rip: my 50 hour save

Anyone know if theres a stable no perk level requirement mod around atm? The one on nexus crashes my game on boot even after using the custom installer.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

make sure your plugins.txt is read only, the new patch resets it constantly

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

The Iron Rose posted:

Also released the first version of my overhaul. Just touches Damage and Magazine size for now:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463

I tried to create a balance between damage dealt and magazine size, so conventional ballistics deal more damage than their pipe equivalents, but pipe weapons tend to have bigger magazines. Slow-firing weapons like sniper rifles and shotguns got a big damage boost, as did heavy weapons.

Nice, thanks for the mod. Seems quite sweet.
However by taking a quick look it seems like all the guns are buffed. I'm already feeling the game easy, maybe making a version where all dmg is lowered let's say ~10%?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

unfortunately that is not a small typo, that's literally what it is in the data :v:

Hey I couldn't tell you for sure but I have an inkling that the damage listed here is for the actual impact of the rocket with the target, the explosion PROBABLY derives its damage from either the ammunition or the explosion effect that it creates.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

RattiRatto posted:

Nice, thanks for the mod. Seems quite sweet.
However by taking a quick look it seems like all the guns are buffed. I'm already feeling the game easy, maybe making a version where all dmg is lowered let's say ~10%?
For what it's worth, I ran my first balance pass and spent awhile talking about my rationale on the main page.

Generally:
Weapons were buffed at different rates - but you're right, I did focus more on bringing weaker guns up rather than nerfing overpowered ones. Similarly, I wanted to make each weapon more distinct, so, for example, pipe pistols and ballistic pistols are quite different now. Pistols have more limited magazine sizes (10 by default compared to 12), but materially higher damage, while Pipe Pistols start at 20 and can go up to 40. Same thing with the combat rifle and the assault rifle - the combat rifle is more powerful but has more limited magazine sizes, encouraging a role as a semi-automatic battle rifle, while the assault rifle really shines as an automatic weapon, with higher magazine sizes accordingly.

Heavy weapons I generally found quite weak for their weight and difficulty in use, so they were buffed as well. The Minigun was just pathetic, 8 damage is nothing. I killed the legendary Assaultron outside that air force base with it in power armor. Took me literally two minutes in TGM holding down the trigger.

It really, really needed some love, though I'm considering reducing the damage bonus to 14 from 16. Even it up a little bit.

Kea posted:

Hey I couldn't tell you for sure but I have an inkling that the damage listed here is for the actual impact of the rocket with the target, the explosion PROBABLY derives its damage from either the ammunition or the explosion effect that it creates.

I figured that too! Which is why I went digging in the AMMO and MGEF subrecords, to little avail. In the absence of immediately obvious alternatives I'm forced to stick with the rocket damage itself for now.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Capn Beeb posted:

Those things still use ammo from inventory, they just don't have to be reloaded.

I gave Nick no ammo at all and he's going to town with the thing.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I think as long as an NPC has one bullet they can shoot/use guns. At least with Settlers, this works.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
*gives companion fat man and one nuke*

*doesnt select the no friendly fire perk*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

The Iron Rose posted:

Heavy weapons I generally found quite weak for their weight and difficulty in use, so they were buffed as well. The Minigun was just pathetic, 8 damage is nothing. I killed the legendary Assaultron outside that air force base with it in power armor. Took me literally two minutes in TGM holding down the trigger.

So true, the minigun should be something really strong and it's just pathetic.
Nice thing you did with the pipes vs normal weapons.
I still think that a few weapons need a nerf though

• Locked thread