Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's me, I'm the idiot who is going to spend $200 on a membrane keyboard from Madcatz.

Also gonna buy that War Pack. With VAT it comes in at only $6,000 and I think you'll agree that is a steal for all those jpegs.

At least the VAT goes towards funding healthcare that these people will need after they gently caress up killing themselves when this whole thing founders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15067-AnniVERSEary-Sale-Kickoff

quote:

Tuesday, November 24th: Aliens
Khartu-al
Banu Merchantman
Reliant

Wednesday, November 25th: Working Starships
Reclaimer
Genesis Starliner
Orion
Aurora LX
Starfarer

Thursday, November 26th: Mercantile
Freelancer MIS
Hull Series
Constellation Phoenix

Friday, November 27th – Sunday, November 29th: All Previously Offered Ships!

Been a year I think since last Banu sale, today and tomorrow should be better than yesterday's racing ships, Thursday will be the best. They could have a dev post about fuel to sell more Starfarers. Weekend is just clearing any cash still on the table.

6 days left, but they'll probably "forget" to turn the sale off on monday, potentially for a couple of days to cut down support calls (and make more money).

Currently 3.8 million from 100 million. Figure 400k a day on the low end over 6 days puts them 1.4 million short of the 100, but they'll likely do better than that considering the phoenix. They might not be too bothered and can pick the shortfall up in the first half of December fairly easily. They need a December sale anyway or the monthly figure will look terrible, if the unmelt system appears in December as promised they'll be fine for that month.

It's a lot harder to raise the cash now though, but November 2015 is going to look ok, not great but ok.

AP fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 24, 2015

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Erenthal posted:

At least the VAT goes towards funding healthcare that these people will need after they gently caress up killing themselves when this whole thing founders.

I would like to see someone try to explain the concept of spaceship jpegs to George Osborne. Maybe the Bullingdon Club could update their tactics for the 21st Century and burn pictures of spaceships in front of nerds.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

I would like to see someone try to explain the concept of spaceship jpegs to George Osborne. Maybe the Bullingdon Club could update their tactics for the 21st Century and burn pictures of spaceships in front of nerds.

Osborne gives bitcoin a vote of confidence

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Krazy Karl Flashback Tuesday

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I work in a customer support/billing role, and 45-60 days for a refund either means:

a) they don't have enough staff to handle the refunds.
b) their main bank is held in a third world country or another planet where it takes weeks to deposit or withdraw anything.
c) they don't want to give you your money back.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

happyhippy posted:

I work in a customer support/billing role, and 45-60 days for a refund either means:

b) their main bank is held in a third world country or another planet where it takes weeks to deposit or withdraw anything.

All the above

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

AnniVERSEary Sale: Racers

They missed a trick not having an expensive number limited luxury racer, possibly going to fall further behind on 500k/day.

(VAT 20% on above price.)

Chiming in from page 510 here.

Wasn't this a $250 package last year?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

Chiming in from page 510 here.

Wasn't this a $250 package last year?

It will have included different ships.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

It will have included different ships.

Which?

The package I had included both the M50 and the 300R.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

LCL-Dead posted:

Which?

The 2 Mustangs and the P72 I guess.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

Which?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Combos/Speed-Demon-Package

quote:

Ship: MUSTANG DELTA
Manufacturer: CONSOLIDATED OUTLAND
Usage: PERSONAL TRANSPORT
SHIP PAGE

Ship: MUSTANG GAMMA
Manufacturer: CONSOLIDATED OUTLAND
SHIP PAGE

Ship: M50
Manufacturer: ORIGIN JUMPWORKS GMBH
SHIP PAGE

Ship: 350R RACER
Manufacturer: ORIGIN JUMPWORKS GMBH
SHIP PAGE

Ship: KRUGER P-72 ARCHIMEDES
Manufacturer: KRUGER INTERGALACTIC
SHIP PAGE
ALSO CONTAINS
Squadron 42 Digital DownloadStar Citizen Digital Download Starting Money: 20,000 UEC3-Year Insurance

They did used to raise prices in the past slightly, original backers got some stuff slightly cheaper, they've not done that for ages though. In a combined package like this I'd expect a tiny discount for a bulk buy but not bothered enough to look prices up as far too many ships to track now.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
They also never said they'd never sell the phoenix again, they are very careful with wording now, mostly. They wanted people to think they'd never sell it again but I was pretty sure they would.

They have slipped up though, jump suit that came in the lightspeed pack, they'd never sell individually again and then did a while later. :lesnick: hosed that up and LTI is the most obvious example of them flat out saying "never" and then changing their mind because money.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

happyhippy posted:

iv) “Wait, we just have to sell some jpegs first so we can afford it.”

…distinct from c) in that it's not that they don't want to — they just can't.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

I thought he was joking, something that stupid, I need to see a screenshot.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

AP posted:

They also never said they'd never sell the phoenix again, they are very careful with wording now, mostly. They wanted people to think they'd never sell it again but I was pretty sure they would.

They have slipped up though, jump suit that came in the lightspeed pack, they'd never sell individually again and then did a while later. :lesnick: hosed that up and LTI is the most obvious example of them flat out saying "never" and then changing their mind because money.

All ships come with LTI as standard as no ships will ever be destroyed within Star Citizen so it's a bit of a moot point I think.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Sarsapariller posted:

Transcribing this while I wait for it to finish downloading because I couldn't find a version online anywhere:

2.0b Patch Notes
  • The Hangar elevator is not working and will cause a client crash when users attempt to use it to go to Crusader.
  • Please go to Crusader via the new Main Menu -> Universe -> Crusader option

These guys are making an immersive game of space ships with emergent economies and 1,000 other promises, yet they can't even get the hangar elevator working right between patches and have to make a menu hack around it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

AP posted:

I thought he was joking, something that stupid, I need to see a screenshot.

spacetoaster posted:

IT CAN BE COMMON. :colbert:

It's already past 30 days. I'll keep sending emails.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

AP posted:

Something boxes.

Congratulations to Sandi on her new job as warden of the new office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSU2SY9PjA

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

So is this their new Germany office? Please tell me it's actually in Poland :v:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Got a response!....

They changed their "Your refund should hit your bank account in 5 to 10 business days." to "Your refund should hit your bank account in 30 to 45 business days."

:colbert:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

It's as close to Beverly Hills as Sandi will ever get.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Figures he's a coinista

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hole_(Scientology) Notacult

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Thanks for taking the time to post this between crashes.

Wrong again. I don't have access to the PTU. I simply have paid attention to development and know every feature to come.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

G0RF posted:

What you don't seem to understand is that half the reason we can't look away is because the people to whom so much money has been given are toxic, dysfunctional train wrecks who look guilty of some bloody heinous misdeeds and possibly crimes. You take a great deal on faith, not the least of which is that the people to whom whale fortunes has been entrusted are honest, competent, and primarily interested in developing the game they've promised you.

But they aren't, they aren't and they can't.

Source your quotes.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Gryphon0468 posted:

Source your quotes.
Gladly.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

AP posted:

I find the idea of selling "limited" .jpegs stupid in the first place, but yeah, it does show that CIG doesn't give a poo poo about their promises and money is money coke for Croberts to them.

Truga posted:

Man, that place looks depressing. Is that a normal look for that kind of office? I have no idea.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gryphon0468 posted:

Wrong again. I don't have access to the PTU. I simply have paid attention to development and know every feature to come.

Hello Star Citizen Fan! I am convinced by the recent 2.0 release that SC is going to be a video game that gets released at some point. I imagine that it may well be fun and that people will play it for at least a few months after release. Like most video games, it could well be worth $50.

I do not see any reason to believe that it will be worth any more than that, however, or that it is in any way remarkable or particularly different from the dozens of other video games that get released every year.

Can you enlighten me about the ways in which combining several common types of video game into a single elaborate lobby and series of instances is worth $35,000 to an actual real life human?

Thank you.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

imperialparadox posted:

Man, that place looks depressing.

Arbeit macht frei.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

When do you think you'll be flying your Banu Merchantman and your Caterpillar? Do you have any other ships?

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Every time I read something about that group, I swear it can't get any worse.
Then someone proves me wrong.
With SC community cultists? I'm never quite so surprised.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Everything about Croberts enrages me. He's such a ugly lumpy little mumblemouthed poo poo.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Cant wait to enjoy the complete lack of nonconsensual encounters thanks to CIG's groundbreaking :lesnick: PVP SLIDER :lesnick:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

*lubricant for the slider sold separately.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

kikkelivelho posted:

Cant wait to enjoy the complete lack of nonconsensual encounters thanks to CIG's groundbreaking :lesnick: PVP SLIDER :lesnick:

I've not really been keeping up with the giant pile of features that are going to get cut from the eventual release of the game. What is this one?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

True, and it's always worth remembering - this goes to everyone here - these people reported their own images and got them removed from Imgur :lol:

We need to never forget that one small but hilarious thing.

That was the thing that made me decide that if this game ever comes out and there is any sort of goon presence I'm actually going to invest $30 and the time to become decent at it just to gently caress with these people. Until then I was laughing at them like I've laughed at all the other trainwrecks I've watched unfold over the years but these motherfuckers had to make it personal.
I can perfectly picture the smug little poo poo all happy with himself "ahahah you shouldn't have hosed with us, goons". It's not enough that it backfired the way it did, I want to wipe that smirk by going for what he loves most, this stupid game.

No one fucks with our cat pictures and gets away with it just with a slap on the wrist.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I declare the name of this room Emerald lovely.
After Oz.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Yay, they are finally shipping my spesh ship model from China! If nothing else, at least I'll have that I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Iglocska posted:

Yay, they are finally shipping my spesh ship model from China! If nothing else, at least I'll have that I guess?

Prepare to continue waiting. Civilizations were born and burnt out in the time it took my t-shirt to come.

• Locked thread