Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I just tried to download XMage after selling out of MODO. Is there an easy comprehensive guide to set this poo poo up with instructions for a PC retard like me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ramos posted:

If I were to take a guess, it just means we ignore the conspiracy cards.

Also, lol, Ruhan's drawback is out the door now, I suppose.

You make it sound like Ruhan's drawback is a downside.

Because it's not. Nobody can get mad at you for swinging at them.

Also, his typing annoys me because he totally looks like a Minotaur, much how like Savage Knuckleblade is totally a Yeti.

:sigh:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

He's also not at all white or blue and basically took up a spot where a far cooler commander could have been.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ramos posted:

He's also not at all white or blue and basically took up a spot where a far cooler commander could have been.

I guess if you want to get very broad about it, attacking restrictions/caveats in general have shown up in blue and white?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sigma-X posted:

Crossposting

No banlist, planes and conspiracies themselves are not allowed, however.

I don't think there's a reason for a banlist because there isn't enough affinity to make the artifact lands problematic and I don't think TNN will be oppressive in a format that has a million sweepers.

I'm in. Making brews. This format reminds me of pre-ban Mirrodin, it's so stupid that it's a great argument for banlists.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ramos posted:

Zedruu is so loving weird she covers 93% of Jeskai commander design by herself.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

Sigma-X posted:

Crossposting

No banlist, planes and conspiracies themselves are not allowed, however.

I don't think there's a reason for a banlist because there isn't enough affinity to make the artifact lands problematic and I don't think TNN will be oppressive in a format that has a million sweepers.
Interested as well.

Excited to brew Sol Ring + Skullclamp followed shortly by Anti Sol Ring + Skullclamp.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Watching LSV's stream, once guy wants legacy to die so modern gets more scg dates, and its biggest defender is a guy who wants to protect his investment into duals.

Suicidesteve trying to tell them they're both idiots meditate is heartbreaking to watch

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

bhsman posted:

Slight derail, but for those of you that love to hate on Randy Buehler and Wizards commentary in general, you should probably head over to Joe Losett's stream right about now. :v: This may have something to do with a conversation he had with LSV over Twitter.

For anyone interested, Joe uploaded the entire game on Youtube (that will likely get taken down for music copyright at some point).

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Death Bot posted:

Watching LSV's stream, once guy wants legacy to die so modern gets more scg dates, and its biggest defender is a guy who wants to protect his investment into duals.

Suicidesteve trying to tell them they're both idiots meditate is heartbreaking to watch

They are both idiots. :colbert:

Like I said, I'd happily take $10 duals and power if it meant everyone could play vintage. I don't know anyone who plays these formats who wouldn't.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

suicidesteve posted:

They are both idiots. :colbert:

Like I said, I'd happily take $10 duals and power if it meant everyone could play vintage. I don't know anyone who plays these formats who wouldn't.

Same I would be happier if everything was more accessible. Hell LSV even stated in his last stream he is disgusted that a standard deck is 1k.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Gridlocked posted:

Same I would be happier if everything was more accessible. Hell LSV even stated in his last stream he is disgusted that a standard deck is 1k.

Is that Yore-Tiller/Wet Mardu I bet it's Yore-Tiller/Wet Mardu.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

bhsman posted:

For anyone interested, Joe uploaded the entire game on Youtube (that will likely get taken down for music copyright at some point).

:allears: This is great.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I love that Spectral Chaos has both Numerical Hack and ½ mana. Clearly this is the un-set we deserve.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

suicidesteve posted:

:allears: This is great.

About when does the discussion start?

Nevermind it started and that's the best Randy impression ever.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 24, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

About when does the discussion start?

It starts around 4 minutes in.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

suicidesteve posted:

It starts around 4 minutes in.

This is gold btw.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

bhsman posted:

"Wait, last turn... what happened to the baleful strix?"

Pure gold.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Minority Deport posted:

"Wait, last turn... what happened to the baleful strix?"

Pure gold.

"Why don't get get Legend Ruled? Wait no wait guys they removed that rule. Ok."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Late but I like the BCW perfect fits.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gridlocked posted:

This is gold btw.

I chuckled.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

mcmagic posted:

I chuckled.

Like Randy?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gridlocked posted:

Like Randy?

Yes, I also have Khaki's on which go awesomely with my bright white sneakers....

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bhsman posted:

this was good as heck

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Inaccurate portrayal of Randy, he didn't talk about his Super League at all.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

bhsman posted:

Heard the music at 2:30 but the content vindicated his music choice.

Does Joe's deck play vindicate? He could probably fetch a USEA to cast it right? It would be really useful for getting rid of that top his opponent has I think.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Zoness posted:

Heard the music at 2:30 but the content vindicated his music choice.

Does Joe's deck play vindicate? He could probably fetch a USEA to cast it right? It would be really useful for getting rid of that top his opponent has I think.

Sea doesn't tap for white mana. He'd have to get a Scrubland. :cmon:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

suicidesteve posted:

Sea doesn't tap for white mana. He'd have to get a Scrubland. :cmon:

Wait, wait, Karakas also taps for WHITE?

Why haven't we banned this yet?!?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

Wait, wait, Karakas also taps for WHITE?

Why haven't we banned this yet?!?

Because everyone should one day experience the joy of being able to pay five mana to constantly keep your opponent in a loop every turn to punish greedy hands.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Ramos posted:

Because everyone should one day experience the joy of being able to pay five mana to constantly keep your opponent in a loop every turn to punish greedy hands.
But that doesn't work if your opponents don't have legends!

Wait you can bounce your own legends with Karakas? Whoa! Why would you ever do that?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 24, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hi im a couple days late but aaron webster (the guy who took 2nd at the GP sunday) is one of our locals, and listing that he beat a friend of his 99-3 is one of the best magic accomplishments possible

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Zoness posted:

Wait you can bounce your own legends with Karakas? Whoa! Why would you ever do that?

You bounce Thalia when your opponent finally gets a spell out to kill her, and just recast her. You can also bounce Clique if you need to get multiple cards out of an opponent's hand before you can go off. Bouncing Tasigur if your opponent relied on delve to cast it.

Yeah, it's a pretty goddamn powerful card.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

You bounce Thalia when your opponent finally gets a spell out to kill her, and just recast her. You can also bounce Clique if you need to get multiple cards out of an opponent's hand before you can go off. Bouncing Tasigur if your opponent relied on delve to cast it.

Yeah, it's a pretty goddamn powerful card.

Yeah imagine what would happen if you had two karakas out!

Ok the "randy" posting is getting boring. But yeah WOTC please get good commentary so magic is fun to watch tia.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Zoness posted:

This got me good, for a solid second I saw red, top level shitposting

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Finally watching that stream. So good.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I don't know if it's in the Youtube video itself, but I loved the part where he started raving about FlipJace. :v:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Snapcaster Mage, this is about to be reprinted as a uh...

Regional PTQ promo.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

RPTQs are the future of Magic after all.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Zoness posted:

Mangara exiles himself as part of the resolution of his ability, not as a cost. You can bounce him before it resolves and the opponent's thing exiles itself just fine.

It's a trick Death & Taxes pulled off back in the day, at least.

And of course bouncing your own legends to dodge removal. No luck making Brimaz take up farming today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I think you missed the joke, OFS.

• Locked thread