Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Isn't everyone tripled up on their opponent because of Rawls, Hopkins, and Julio Jones?

I am :smug: add dez to that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

I am :smug: add dez to that too

I had Desean Jackson on my bench and McFadden in action too. I haven't had a fantasy day like that since Justin Tucker's fifth and last FG won my playoff game for me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Real :smug: is if you blew out your opponent without those three guys...

And you have two more going tonight :getin:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spoeank posted:

Real :smug: is if you blew out your opponent without those three guys...

And you have two more going tonight :getin:

I've already doubled my opponents points (she's done) with Rawls and Cam... and I still have Gronk to play.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I had Hopkins, Rawls and Panthers D.

My opponent was "afk" at 3/7 :smith:

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This is a good post. Charcandrick is day to day anyway.

I have this horrible image of J. Allen doing decently well and having to figure out whether him, Forsett, or Taliaferro are playing next year with a new OC

What the hell happened to Davis?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, basically Rawls is probably gonna be this year's CJ Anderson after Lynch gets bad news and has to shut it down for the season.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Dropped Garcon who I've kept all season as a backup for Devin Funchess. Knowing my luck Garcon will suddenly start getting weekly double digits.

I have Hopkins, Sanders and Kendall Wright also so I figure he's a got more upside in the likely event Wright and/or Sanders goes down again

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Skull Knight posted:

What the hell happened to Davis?

One cut power back vs Andy's love of shifty pass catchers who can do screens well, I guess.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The defensive scoring in my league is absolutely poo poo I can't believe I okayed this before we started this season.

Currently the Patriots scored 3 more points than the Seahawks D for recovering one fumble. That's it. No sacks, no INTs, nothing. When my co-comissioner said he wanted to measure yards allowed as the deciding stat for defenses I said okay without thinking about it but now I'm loving pissed especially because I'm going to lose by three points this week.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Oof. Just when I thought I was safe and maybe competing for a 1st round bye, I get knocked back down to fighting just to get into the playoffs.

Not a bad week to get a better waiver priority, I suppose..

edit: ooh, I forgot Coleman.. not sure if I should rank him over or under White.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
This week was terrible. I don't think I've ever seen this in my league that I can remember - not a single person broke 100 points in standard. Very annoyingly, if I had just started Hill over either of West or Gordon I would have won. I think technically I can still make the playoffs, but it will involve winning out.

I really hope West doesn't miss a lot of time. I managed to pick up Ware but I'd feel a lot safer going with West/D. Williams the rest of the season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
After this week, I would be in the playoffs in all six of my leagues if the season ended today.

:eyepop:

My secret? I quit my goon leagues except the one where I can cheat.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
8-2-1 In my 14 team league, guaranteed a first round bye and as long as I don't fall apart in the playoffs I'll be $2500 richer. Get gud chumps

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
With the Panthers cruising towards home field advantage, what do people think about the possibility of Cam/Jstew/Olsen/Defensive players getting rested during fantasy playoffs?

Is anyone else whose trade deadline is still looming trying to trade Panthers away?

It'd be particularly possible for me as my league goes to week 17. I'm thinking of trading Cam but not sure who to target... I'm thinking Roethlisberger. I'm already in the playoffs so just need a solid wk 15-17 starter really, and my backup, Carr, doesn't have an especially easy schedule then.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

SA's League of Posts has 2 teams eligible to claim:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735581&pagenumber=13#post453020942

ForeverBWFC's is abandoned at this point.

We're a 14 team, PPR, keeper league and there are some star keepers on that team. Please check it out! Really looking for goons to step up late season and help shepard us to 2016. Thanks!

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

pmchem posted:

SA's League of Posts has 2 teams eligible to claim:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735581&pagenumber=13#post453020942

ForeverBWFC's is abandoned at this point.

We're a 14 team, PPR, keeper league and there are some star keepers on that team. Please check it out! Really looking for goons to step up late season and help shepard us to 2016. Thanks!

Hey can I take over for a team? I'm pretty active and competitive but not a dickhead! I'll post in that thread. :unsmith:

Edit: I see someone has claimed the open team. :smith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I picked up Amendola on a gut feeling the week before last from FA. I traded him away last Tuesday for Romo and Draughn. I feel like a genius.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Behold the draft results for my glorious ESPN team after this weekend.

That's right, look at all those loving asterisks. That's Flacco, Luck, Smith Sr., Forsett, and Forte. I should also point out that I had Malcom Floyd for exactly one week before he died as well. I think it's safe to write this off as a lost season.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So it's past time to drop Sammy Watkins, right?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hazo posted:

That's right, look at all those loving asterisks. That's Flacco, Luck, Smith Sr., Forsett, and Forte. I should also point out that I had Malcom Floyd for exactly one week before he died as well. I think it's safe to write this off as a lost season.

You found it. The most unlucky draft of the season.

I mean, you've got Gurley, but drat.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Vargo posted:

So it's past time to drop Sammy Watkins, right?

I dropped him a month ago, some guy picked him up after he had one good week, hes now useless again...yeah, go ahead and drop him unless you're desperate or you're set for starters and can just let him ride as a high upside bench guy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is Cam Newton going to destroy Dallas on thanksgiving?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MacheteZombie posted:

Is Cam Newton going to destroy Dallas on thanksgiving?

As a Cam owner and a Giants fan, I really really hope so!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

As a Cam owner and a Giants fan, I really really hope so!

I really want to bench Brady for him this week.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Well, definitely regretting this "late season my Rodgers and a couple nobodies for Brady" trade now

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Hazo posted:

Is this a super flex league? 2 QBs in the first 5 rounds seems excessive.

I lost by 5 in a PPR league with Watkins starting. I had John Brown, Rawls, AND Gio on my bench. Really blew it and probably out of the playoffs now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Tyrod and Amendola died for my sins and I squeezed out a win by 8. I can't rely on Tyrod anymore though. I think I may roll with Hoyer against the Saints this week.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Felter Chesthard posted:

Is this a super flex league? 2 QBs in the first 5 rounds seems excessive.
Yeah it's a 2QB league.

thrawn527 posted:

Bahaha I dropped Gurley early on when it looked like he was a bust.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hazo posted:

Bahaha I dropped Gurley early on when it looked like he was a bust.

God drat, dude. This isn't your year.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

My first five picks of the season:
Charles*
Hill
Hilton
Hyde*
Edelman*

Plus SSS. Thank goodness for finding gold in Palmer and Ivory.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Dolphins fans have any insight on Lamar Miller - is it looking like he will be resigned next year? Wondering if Jay Ajayi is a steal in keeper leagues right now.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Prioritize these waiver adds, please:

Ahmed Bradshaw
Buck Allen
Spencer Ware (Charcandrick owner if it makes a difference)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I didn't see the game. Is Gore basically done for at this point?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I didn't see the game. Is Gore basically done for at this point?

Unless I'm misremembering no, they are both a factor now because Hasselbeck does a lot of dink/dunk work in addition to general running so Bradshaw has value ala James White in NE.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BigFactory posted:

Prioritize these waiver adds, please:

Ahmed Bradshaw
Buck Allen
Spencer Ware (Charcandrick owner if it makes a difference)

Allen - there's nobody else there
Ware - we don't know how long Charmander is gonna be down
Bradshaw - shrug emoji

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Bradshaw - shrug emoji

I sorta agree, my only reservation about Allen is that that offense is going to be absolute trash going forward. 100% of a poo poo sandwich is still a poo poo sandwich. I have my priority Ware, Allen, Bradshaw right now but I could flop them easily.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Carr for McFadden, do I take? I'm giving Carr. I have Ryan as well.

Murray, Gore, Yeldon are my uninspiring backs. I accept this yes?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Bradshaw - shrug emoji

Yeah I'd agree with this. Allen has a lot of value because he's the only RB and Schaub is the QB (good lord). Ware should be good for a week or two. Bradshaw is only valuable in PPR leagues unless Gore misses time (which I doubt) and then only if you have dead RBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Unless I'm misremembering no, they are both a factor now because Hasselbeck does a lot of dink/dunk work in addition to general running so Bradshaw has value ala James White in NE.

Gore's banged up and a million years old, too. Bradshaw might just be fresher and more effective.

• Locked thread