Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

The Stain is nowhere near as bad as the bloat. I'd go as far as to say the stain isn't really very bad at all.
Totally. The Stain has like, two attacks. Bullet swarm that's kinda sorta tricky to dodge(but pretty predictable), and easily dodged flail(which it does about five times as often as the other attack, in my experience)
That said, the one boss set up in Greed Mode where there are two of them and a bunch of walls made up of those weird little tentacle dealies is annoying as balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I think that's a hardcoded fight for getting access to the Devil/Angel room in The Chest. Can't remember any other fight there.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I am really not enjoying trying to unlock Lilith. I can get to Ultra Greed most of the time with Azazel, but I just can't beat him. Should I be hoping for certain game breaking combos of items, since the boss fight just seems particularly painful with short ranged brimstone?

Find Ludovico Technique or My Reflection, both of which will give him better range. Ludovico's in particular is actually really good for Azazel.

Mom's Knife is also an alternative.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's 40+ range up pills to have azazels brim hit mid-way through a room. Though there might be a cap at some point and I just kept eating those pills for no reason.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

SomeIdiot posted:

Totally. The Stain has like, two attacks. Bullet swarm that's kinda sorta tricky to dodge(but pretty predictable), and easily dodged flail(which it does about five times as often as the other attack, in my experience)
That said, the one boss set up in Greed Mode where there are two of them and a bunch of walls made up of those weird little tentacle dealies is annoying as balls.

Yeah, that one is annoying as hell because the top one will always burrow and then you don't know where the gently caress he is until he pops up under you.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Jusupov posted:

It's 40+ range up pills to have azazels brim hit mid-way through a room. Though there might be a cap at some point and I just kept eating those pills for no reason.

Alternately, find Mom's Box and farm trinkets until Tape Worm appears. :kheldragar:

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

How bad is the greed fight after everything is terrible 2? I stupidly donated a bunch of money on the characters I'm actually good at and now I'm sitting there looking at beating greed mode with all the characters I hate thinking I did it backwards.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

LibbyM posted:

How bad is the greed fight after everything is terrible 2? I stupidly donated a bunch of money on the characters I'm actually good at and now I'm sitting there looking at beating greed mode with all the characters I hate thinking I did it backwards.

It feels easier and I did my 2 second greed kill after everything is terrible 2 happened.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

LibbyM posted:

It's like the same fight.

The stuff up to it is more difficult though, more double trouble + etc bosses

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

SomeIdiot posted:

This is the room where approximately 80% of what my encounters with the Stain have been. Single Stains are whatever, when both are doing their bullet swarms it's total bullshit.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah I don't do that fight unless I have a super OP build. It's just not worth it.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Where do I find the keeper? I hit 999 coins in the machine and got the fireworks and achievement but I don't see him in the character select. Do I need to add 1 more coin or something?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

kemikalkadet posted:

Where do I find the keeper? I hit 999 coins in the machine and got the fireworks and achievement but I don't see him in the character select. Do I need to add 1 more coin or something?

Yeah you have to do 1000 to get The Keeper, it's a separate achievement from Generosity (the 999 one that you got). I literally did this yesterday.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

kemikalkadet posted:

He unlocks on coin number 1000, yes.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Tetracube posted:

Brownie seems like they're going to gently caress up a run for me sooner or later, but haven't yet.

Fun fact about Brownie, if you poison him, his slippery creep that doesn't do damage will become normal creep that does do damage. It was great finding that out. :(

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Had a run with the keeper with swallowed penny, holy mantle, flying and mom's knife. Then somehow, in the boss rush (after having using the holy mantle) I killed two trash mini-bosses together, they exploded into little bullets and two of them somehow hit me at the same time and one-shot me from full health.

Bullshit!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Just had the most broken Greed run with Cain ever. Bought a card that ended up as a Card Against Humanity, popped it after all the waves were done, and the third poop I hit dropped the Lucky one. Bought the D20 from the shop, and just re-rolled almost every wave's worth of coins after that. I love crazy runs.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
D20 can single-handedly break any greed run. I think it's the easiest way to completely break that mode. Just save up a floors worth of coins on the floor and force a battery in the shop, then you can keep rerolling and picking up 5 coins a time. Eventually you'll get a gold key, some trinket that spawns hearts/bombs/coins when you pick up a coin and you're pretty much guaranteed to end up with a blank card and 2 of diamonds for infinite shop after that. Don't think I've ever had a run I couldn't break with D20 alone.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

trucutru posted:

Had a run with the keeper with swallowed penny, holy mantle, flying and mom's knife. Then somehow, in the boss rush (after having using the holy mantle) I killed two trash mini-bosses together, they exploded into little bullets and two of them somehow hit me at the same time and one-shot me from full health.

Bullshit!

On the note of Keeper bullshit, I learned firsthand that The Wafer has no effect on him.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Since when has Jera duplicated store items free of charge? Or has it always been there and I've simply never used it in a store before?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Wugga posted:

Since when has Jera duplicated store items free of charge? Or has it always been there and I've simply never used it in a store before?

Yeah that's always been in.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Cool interaction:

The Battery + Blue Hourglass will port you back to the previous room with both charges still intact. Except for when it goes back to 1.5 pips of charge, and then at some point shows an empty top pip and a double-charged bottom pip. Then it works again at some point?

If only I got a second key piece that run~

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I'm really curious what the actual function is supposed to be of Tiny Planet + Ludo (and 8 inch nails in to boot). I tried to figure out how it was supposed to actually work, but it seemed to basically be total gibberish.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Ludo + Tiny Planet makes your Ludo tear orbit you at a fixed distance when you're not directly controlling it.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Hush has entirely too much HP. If it had even 75% of its current HP, it'd be a fun, enjoyable fight. Right now it's just a slog.

On a completely unrelated note, Double Adversary rooms are crimes against nature. gently caress that boss. He's right next to The Bloat on my "never want to see ever" list.

EDIT: Also on the bright side, the game somehow glitched itself into deciding I beat the boss rush with the Lost so that's one thing I never have to try ever again.

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 24, 2015

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

senrath posted:

Ludo + Tiny Planet makes your Ludo tear orbit you at a fixed distance when you're not directly controlling it.

Yeah, but when controlling it the tear (nail in this case) would only travel up to a certain distance and then just kind of make a small circle at that max range. It was really unwieldy and terrible.

On the plus side, finished Boss Rush, Hush and Mega Satan on The Lost today to finally unlock godhead. Hooray!... now I just have to actually get god rooms and maybe see it. But at least I'm done with The Lost, though he is much more playable now with the unlocked holy mantle (never used the d4 on him).

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Of course I finally get a Missing Poster and then encounter no sacrifice rooms for the entirety of the run.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
After getting all the completion marks for the hush I never fight him because the few items you get are never worth the time investment since the fight is long and boring. If I get to mom in under 30 minutes it probably means I'm strong enough for Isaac anyway.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Once I get the marks I plan to only fight the hush if I have a Chaos Card handy.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

senrath posted:

Once I get the marks I plan to only fight the hush if I have a Chaos Card handy.

I don't know if it got taken out, but you can actually kill both forms of Hush at once with one. Stand below his first form and launch it up. It'll strike the Blue Baby form, and then hit the actual Hush when he pops up a second later, instantly winning the whole fight.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hush is meant to be an endgame boss, I don't think you're intended to fight him if you're not after the completion mark

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Tetracube posted:

Hush is meant to be an endgame boss, I don't think you're intended to fight him if you're not after the completion mark

Given that the original plan was that you couldn't progress past him, this is correct.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How exactly does the D4 work now? I'm definitely rolling out parts of the item pool (and my HP keeps going up like I'm hitting Breakfasts) but keeping some items I had in my previous roll once I hit the tenth or so.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Man I wish "R U A Wizard?" worked like Dunce Cap, would actually make it a good pill. Also Death's Touch + Dunce Cap + Continuum + Number 1 + Explosivo + a decent amount of range ups = hilarious magic. Pretty great end for a run that rolled double fives on the D6 rooms.

...unless you're fighting Bloat/Peep. The angle shot is great against Bloat, your explosivo shots sticking to his eyeballs not so much. :gonk:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Well, that was a fun run.

Book of Shadows is probably the best item for boss rush since it gets charges throughout. And even with just the mantle Lost is almost playable now. Too bad Godhead requires Hush etc now, I have no idea how to kill him without Gnawed Leaf or something.

Now that I think about it, maybe I could have made the Glowing Hourglass endlessly usable somehow...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
aaaaaaaahhhhHHHH

I was having the best Lost run ever with Epic Fetus, Brimstone, Rubber Cement, Chaos, ect. and was breezing through boss rush. I took a hit but figured I'd be fine since it was almost over. Then the Stain popped up right underneath me.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Maggie runs like this remind me why this game can be fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd6r_K7Am84

I wish there was an uber boss rush that you could enter in the chest.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I am sad that I don't think I'll ever get as good a Keeper run as I just had. By the end of basement 2 I had Holy Mantle, Swallowed Penny, Epic Fetus, Wooden Nickle (haven't unlocked it yet) and The Habit. Toss on a dead cat and knife, and I sailed right through my first string of unlocks for the heart, hush, satan and lamb. Only sad that I missed the boss rush as I was being super cautious.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

i wish the Blue Womb was 400% bigger as a nice buildup to fight Hush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
One thing I've never liked about Isaac since rebirth is big rooms. Yuck. I just can't stand them and wish there was some way to turn them off and play "classic isaac", except on certain boss rooms like Hush where you need a big room. I seriously just can't stand them though they are all a chore and tedious to me if you're not 100% overpowered.