Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
An hour in and I have a couple rates and a ultra rare? Yeah this will keep my interest. Really appreciate the easy color and symbol differences since I'm color blind.

Can I get a guild invite? On as canyonero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

canyonero posted:

An hour in and I have a couple rates and a ultra rare? Yeah this will keep my interest. Really appreciate the easy color and symbol differences since I'm color blind.

Can I get a guild invite? On as canyonero

Invite sent.

If there is anyone upthread who didn't get an invite, let me know and I'll start making room in Gem Blossums.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I'm afraid to level any of my cards. I'm low level and may level something that sucks. I don't have many cards. And I'm now hitting a brick wall and losing the quests.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Tony Homo posted:

I'm afraid to level any of my cards. I'm low level and may level something that sucks. I don't have many cards. And I'm now hitting a brick wall and losing the quests.

The second post has a pretty good guide of useful early troops. Don't worry about wasting souls either. They aren't nearly as vital as they were before the last patch. Just get a solid team to at least level 10, and get a +gold armor when you can afford one.

Once you have a +gold armor early on it's less of a big deal if you lose a match or two.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Grundulum posted:

Invite sent.

If there is anyone upthread who didn't get an invite, let me know and I'll start making room in Gem Blossums.

I'm still waiting for one (BONDSKI). Thanks!

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Grundulum posted:

Invite sent.

Looking for an invite: QRABBS

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Gem Boiz is full. We've only got four people who might be inactive but here we go:

Donglover, Froggy, stasisSA, Obscil are all at more than a week of no battles. I'll give you guys until Tuesday to either do a battle or pop in the thread here to let me know you're alive.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Jibo posted:

Gem Boiz is full. We've only got four people who might be inactive but here we go:

Donglover, Froggy, stasisSA, Obscil are all at more than a week of no battles. I'll give you guys until Tuesday to either do a battle or pop in the thread here to let me know you're alive.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Also, if there is space issues for Gem Boiz, you can remove STASISSA. Ever since the update things have been less fun. I might return after a bit, but as of now my interest is not high.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Invite sent.

Whoops, I'm actually in as canyonero_1 if you get a chance to resend the invite.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Tony Homo posted:

I did arenas early on using the card guide in the op. Level stuff up to 5-7 to see how i liked it, that's not too soul intensive if you're pulling 500 souls every 8 matches (arena is really easy once you play a few games and get used to it). Once you get a good high level deck doing challenges are also good with giving souls at the 4 and 5 star mark.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I've sent invites to qrabbs, bondski, and canyonero_1.

Don't worry about kicking people from Gem Boiz. Blossums has eight or so people with 20 or more days of inactivity.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
They are going after the goblin team this week.

quote:

Balance Changes
It came to our attention last week that a new power had arisen in Krystara! We’ve had our eye on Goblin teams for some time; the new Zaejin troop bonus had left them a little too strong in comparison to other teams and troops, but the addition of the Green Slime created an unfortunate synergy between Shaman and the Slime!
Individually, both troops were strong, but not too unbalanced, but when placed together, the Shaman/Slime combo created a perfect storm of never-ending gem spam in the hands of high-level players!
The Shaman was in fact a key ingredient in a lot of other Goblin teams too, so it was determined that the best course of action might be a tiny alteration to the Slime and a little more of an alteration to the Goblin Shaman.
It was important to us in making these changes that the Shaman remained a support troop who could power up his Goblins, and the Slime remained a threat who could grow out of control if left alone, so we’ve not altered the nature of their spells, just the amount of Gems they create. Skilled high level players might still be able to create some good loops, but we’re aiming to add just a little more risk to the equation to keep things fun!

Goblin Sharman
Reduce number of Green Gems created from 9 to 7.

Green Slime
Reduced Gems created from 6 to 5
And this week's glory weapon will be a red/brown hammer that does 8 damage, triple against marauders. Ouch. I might switch to an all legendary daemon team since I pulled Moloch with a key, and he helps cover all colors with red/yellow. Abhorath/Gorgotha/Moloch/Webspinner thanks to being disgustingly lucky with keys.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

That's... not what make Team Gobbo monstrous. What is, is the +10 Life. I get the synergy that they're making a little less powerful, but I can (with some lucky matches) cycle through Boar/Goblin/Shaman at least once, usually twice for at least Boar when it hits right. And looking at ~90 Life at all four being 15 is retarded. I'm not sure what else might hit that, MAYBE all kingdoms at Level 10 something.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Is there some subtle indicator in the interface that I'm missing that will let me know when I have a second extra turn stacked up?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
There is no stacking up of extra turns. If you don't trigger a bonus turn on any given move, you don't get another turn.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Could I get a guild invite? My invite code is Tanag

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Grundulum posted:

There is no stacking up of extra turns. If you don't trigger a bonus turn on any given move, you don't get another turn.

No, I've done it before: if you make a 4- or 5- match through the use of the Boar, you get two bonus turns that stack up., one from the gems and one from the Boar.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Thranguy posted:

No, I've done it before: if you make a 4- or 5- match through the use of the Boar, you get two bonus turns that stack up., one from the gems and one from the Boar.

Unless its a very new bug appearing today, no it doesn't. Otherwise you'd be getting more than one extra move in Treasure Maps when you get a multi-chain of extra turns also.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Could I get a guild invite? My invite code is Tanag

Sent. Welcome aboard, unless you're on PS4 or something.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Thranguy posted:

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I've definitely experienced this a few times on PS4.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Coffeehitler posted:

Unless its a very new bug appearing today, no it doesn't. Otherwise you'd be getting more than one extra move in Treasure Maps when you get a multi-chain of extra turns also.

No special moves in treasure maps; it's only getting one from a special move and one from a big match caused during that special move that ever stacks.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Thranguy posted:

I have never seen this happen - I play on ipad/steam. I use the boar a lot. On these platforms extra turns/card bonuses do not stack.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I've definitely experienced this a few times on PS4.

There seems to be several bugs unique to PS4. On Android and Steam I've never seen more than one extra turn occur.

To clarify: Extra Turn may be said, but you can only ever receive one. So if you use Boar or Goblin Rocket, which give extra turns while destroying or exploding gems, you can then get additional extra turns from 4/5 matches. However, you can only ever have one extra turn in a single turn so all of the extras are discarded. The best way to see this occur is in Treasure Maps, where you can get a cascade of extra turns but your turn counter will only go up by one.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Coffeehitler posted:

There seems to be several bugs unique to PS4. On Android and Steam I've never seen more than one extra turn occur.

To clarify: Extra Turn may be said, but you can only ever receive one. So if you use Boar or Goblin Rocket, which give extra turns while destroying or exploding gems, you can then get additional extra turns from 4/5 matches. However, you can only ever have one extra turn in a single turn so all of the extras are discarded. The best way to see this occur is in Treasure Maps, where you can get a cascade of extra turns but your turn counter will only go up by one.

Treasure maps are completely different from regular boards, since you can get two extra turns there. (One extra turn is your count stays the same; it takes two to make it go up by one.)

There you get one extra turn for any number of 4 matches but no 5+ matches or two extra turns for at least one 5+ match and any number of 4s or other 5+es.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Thranguy posted:

Treasure maps are completely different from regular boards, since you can get two extra turns there. (One extra turn is your count stays the same; it takes two to make it go up by one.)

There you get one extra turn for any number of 4 matches but no 5+ matches or two extra turns for at least one 5+ match and any number of 4s or other 5+es.

No. Extra Turns are when it says "Extra Turn", Treasure Map 4 matches are Free Turns. They are distinguished by just being explosions instead of "Extra Turn" popping up.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

porktree posted:

I have never seen this happen - I play on ipad/steam. I use the boar a lot. On these platforms extra turns/card bonuses do not stack.

Just tested, and it doesn't happen on Android either.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
More math because I have nothing better to do. If you can get all 19 kingdoms to level 5, every time you collect income you have the same chance to get tribute from exactly one kingdom (38%) as you do of getting nothing at all. The remaining 24%? Gems and keys, people, gems and keys.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

More math because I have nothing better to do. If you can get all 19 kingdoms to level 5, every time you collect income you have the same chance to get tribute from exactly one kingdom (38%) as you do of getting nothing at all. The remaining 24%? Gems and keys, people, gems and keys.

Yeah, I've leveled all my kingdoms to 5, and I'm getting multiple kingdom bonuses like crazy. I highly recommend it.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I've leveled all my kingdoms to 5, and I'm getting multiple kingdom bonuses like crazy. I highly recommend it.

Hmmm, all my Kingdoms are level 3, with Whitehelm, Zaejin and Karakoth at 10, and handful of others at 5. My original plan was to take Zhul'Kari to 10, for the sweet attack bonus. But I may rethink that now. Thanks.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

How much gold does it take to get them all to level 5? I finally got all of them to level 2, with Karakoth at level 8, which seemed like an insane amount of gold to get it even that far.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
Do you guys ever scout troops? All these hammers and antibrown troops might do something if people did, but all I have is a hammer (goblin shaman + 3 goblins) so everything looks like a brown and green nail anyway.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

ninguno posted:

Do you guys ever scout troops? All these hammers and antibrown troops might do something if people did, but all I have is a hammer (goblin shaman + 3 goblins) so everything looks like a brown and green nail anyway.

I always scout because some teams just aren't fun to play against. I don't want to play against three of the same gem creators and a prismatic orb. I've also gotten into situations where games just turned into slogs. Goblin King vs. Goblin King takes forever to play out.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

SeaTard posted:

How much gold does it take to get them all to level 5? I finally got all of them to level 2, with Karakoth at level 8, which seemed like an insane amount of gold to get it even that far.

It takes 7500 gold to get a Kingdom from 1 to 5 and 142500 total for all 19. Total gold to level one Kingdom from Level 1 to 10 = 122,500 gold.

It is definitely a good idea to focus on getting all Kingdoms to 5 or 6 before leveling several up to 10. Karakoth is important to level up for the +1 to magic. I think Khaziel is good too since the tribute is all gold and gold is the most scarce currency at moment for a lot of folks. Level 10 Khaziel as your home kingdom basically averages to +50 gold every time you collect income.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I may break from my own advice and buy some magic keys with the gems I have been raking in. (Every third tribute collection gets me gems on average, and many of those award 10+.) No word yet on when 1.0.8 will come out, which would shuffle key rewards around and possibly make holding onto a bunch of gems/keys worthwhile.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grundulum posted:

I may break from my own advice and buy some magic keys with the gems I have been raking in. (Every third tribute collection gets me gems on average, and many of those award 10+.) No word yet on when 1.0.8 will come out, which would shuffle key rewards around and possibly make holding onto a bunch of gems/keys worthwhile.

Are you just hoarding gems for the next patch or were you spending them on something else?

I've been dumping mine into magic keys for a while now and will probably keep doing it until I get a goddamn hobgoblin. I don't really have anything else to spend them on, but guess I should start saving them for the patch.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I was hoarding. I'll be damned if I spend another 500 gems increasing my gold bonus from +50% to +100%, so the only things I might spend gems on are magic keys I had been advising people to consider holding onto. I suppose I was expecting there to be multiple tiers of gem-bought keys in 1.0.8, since the information we have is that "there will be keys you can buy with gold, keys you can buy with glory, and a few other types besides". With no hints of an announcement, though, it's probably dumb to try and start preparing so early.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I think the 500 gem armor is worth it and will pay for itself with multi-kingdom tribute. I would have agreed with you before the patch, but anything that speeds up kingdom leveling is great. It increases your gold and gem income plus the stat boosts eventually allow you to safely crank up the difficulty for even more bonus gold. I've made at least 300 gems from multi-tribute since the patch by opening and closing the game every few hours when I'm not busy.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I bought both 500 gem armors and don't regret it. If anything the gold armor is far more useful in the current version of the game.

I've got 134 total kingdom levels, so gems are rolling in from tribute at a pretty good pace.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bandire posted:

Are you just hoarding gems for the next patch or were you spending them on something else?

I've been dumping mine into magic keys for a while now and will probably keep doing it until I get a goddamn hobgoblin. I don't really have anything else to spend them on, but guess I should start saving them for the patch.

If you want a Hobgoblin, I'd recommend running Arena until you get one, then buying it afterwards. It's how I got mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

DaveWoo posted:

If you want a Hobgoblin, I'd recommend running Arena until you get one, then buying it afterwards. It's how I got mine.

That's a pretty good idea. I've definitely spent more gems on keys at this point then the worst case 205 gems arena cost.