Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mawile literally being Nico Robin is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

The "Enthusiastic Party" mechanic is great. I like that every day the game gives me a new party to roll with. Random expeditions are a lot of fun in this game.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
We interrupt PMD chat to bring you this special announcement
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-296784594

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Wait, Baton Pass teams got banned? What happened in Gen VI to cause it to become absurd or something? I'm pretty sure they were legal up to Gen V.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, Baton Pass teams got banned? What happened in Gen VI to cause it to become absurd or something? I'm pretty sure they were legal up to Gen V.

I'm sure this thread will react reasonably and respectfully to the fact that they're suspecting Sablenite right now.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

scolipede

I am Reverend posted:

I'm sure this thread will react reasonably and respectfully to the fact that they're suspecting Sablenite right now.

gently caress STALL

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Ban pokemon having coverage moves. too hard to predict. just have one stab. thats it. ban stealth rocks. can't use my fursona charizard

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Ruggington posted:

Mawile literally being Nico Robin is good

I'm so glad somebody else noticed that.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bogart posted:

Ban pokemon having coverage moves. too hard to predict. just have one stab. thats it. ban stealth rocks. can't use my fursona charizard

spend like ten minutes on the ladder so you can face a mega-sableye+gothitelle team

honestly getting rid of either mega-sableye or shadow tag would be fine with me

one of them being gone would do so much to make the other bearable

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 24, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ladder reset on Showdown and I'm already back into the 1200's because no one knows not to let Charizard X get big.

Please do not let Charizard X get big. Team stolen shamelessly from Reverend.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Nov 24, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ladder reset on Showdown and I'm already back into the 1200's because no one knows not to let Charizard X get big.

Please do not let Charizard X get big. Team stolen shamelessly from Reverend.

does standard lando-T not run stone edge? what the heck

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Ruggington posted:

spend like ten minutes on the ladder so you can face a mega-sableye+gothitelle team

I believe in Poke-libertarianism. Let the market decide what's overused, not a meritorious Congress. (Wobbuffet should be used before Gothitelle, and if you have a fire-type sweeper. Like. Let's say.....................Charizard-X, or defensive Arcanine, just spitballing here, it can set the hell up on Mega-Sableye no problem.)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

does standard lando-T not run stone edge? what the heck

I have seen so so many No-EQ, No-SE landos on the low ladder. It's terrifying. How do these people fight like this with no moves?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Ruggington posted:

My favorite combo before the suspect ladder was shed shell manaphy and pursuit metagross. Suffer not a Goth stall team to live.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bogart posted:

I believe in Poke-libertarianism. Let the market decide what's overused, not a meritorious Congress. (Wobbuffet should be used before Gothitelle, and if you have a fire-type sweeper. Like. Let's say.....................Charizard-X, or defensive Arcanine, just spitballing here, it can set the hell up on Mega-Sableye no problem.)

Goth is 1000 times better than wobbuffet, arcanine doesn't do anything to sableye, and a stall team without answers to mega-zard doesn't exist

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

My favorite combo before the suspect ladder was shed shell manaphy and pursuit metagross. Suffer not a Goth stall team to live.

You are too powerful

facade mega-altaria is definitely the funniest answer to sableye stall

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 24, 2015

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

Disappointed that there was no fourth Final Gambit.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh this is dumb. Evolution in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon doesn't change your stats. At all. You're just better off using the already fully evolved Pokemon most of the time. There's pretty much no point to evolving in this game.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh this is dumb. Evolution in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon doesn't change your stats. At all. You're just better off using the already fully evolved Pokemon most of the time. There's pretty much no point to evolving in this game.

I ain't using Magikarp in a dungeon. :colbert:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Maaaaaaan, that ending. :cry: PMD games don't so much as tug on your heartstrings as yank on them 'till they loving snap!

Also, I have figured out a pattern with the Actual Secret Base vs. Monster House missions. Dark types are all raging assholes.

Dr. Fetus posted:

It didn't change your stats in the first game either, and only a little bit in the second. I kind of like how using unevolved Pokemon is viable because of the lack of a huge power boost upon evolution.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver Falcon posted:

Maaaaaaan, that ending. :cry: PMD games don't so much as tug on your heartstrings as yank on them 'till they loving snap!

Also, I have figured out a pattern with the Actual Secret Base vs. Monster House missions. Dark types are all raging assholes.

That's racist. I think it applies to Ghost types too (hello, Rotom), and extrapolating from that, maaaybe Poison types too?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

man why does greninja have to walk around with his back straight like a pencil-neck geek

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

I wonder why they reversed the TM decision from the last game. GtI followed the 5th Gen+ TM design where they were reusable but in PSMD they're one-time uses.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I am Reverend posted:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I am Reverend posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

just hit the credits

jesus what a bummer to go out on

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

just hit the credits

jesus what a bummer to go out on

It's kinda funny because it's basically the inverse of Gates.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I am Reverend posted:

This gen has been a total shitshow lmao, both on GF's and Smogon's parts

Mega evolution was a mistake

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

mabels big day posted:

All the gym leaders are badass.
After seeing that along with Sabrina flying around with her Kadabra and Blaine fighting Moltres with a Gyarados for a few hours, I agree.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

i'm getting brickwalled by poliwrath river. why is the early game here worse than the postgame in Blue rescue team

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

VineST posted:

i'm getting brickwalled by poliwrath river. why is the early game here worse than the postgame in Blue rescue team

Bring a wand to sleep/petrify one or two of the poliwraths and just spam alliance attacks

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

mabels big day posted:

All the gym leaders are badass.

Giovanni being the mystery gym leader in Viridian City is the best possible concept for a gym leader.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hmmm, I was looking at movelists and I see Kangaskhan learns Outrage but not Thrash

Gamefreak ...

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Credits spoilers drat, nintendo, the credits rolling over you crying over your dead/missing partner is so brutal, and so classic for pmd :smith:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I am Reverend posted:

What are they suspect testing, victini or final gambit?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Kurieg posted:

What are they suspect testing, victini or final gambit?

They're suspecting me, actually.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Disappointed that there was no fourth Final Gambit.

Went to check what else could even learn it and the next best combination of speed and HP is young basculin but, uh, Shedinja learns it too apparently.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 24, 2015

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Man the first couple post-game dungeons are hell for a fire starter. Protip for folks:

Make sure to have something other than fire and psychic attacks (hello, Fennekin!), and don't be afraid to bring Hoopa. Also don't forget you can bring Hoopa.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
Beat PSMD. Holy poo poo.

It's kind of amazing how it seems Super is improved by having played the other PMD games, what with all of the references, changes and difficulty.

RedRupee posted:

I wonder why they reversed the TM decision from the last game. GtI followed the 5th Gen+ TM design where they were reusable but in PSMD they're one-time uses.

There actually are reusable TMs, with different looking icons than regular ones (similar to rare looplets). Though so far I've only found them at kecleon shops at the end of dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Silver Falcon posted:

Man the first couple post-game dungeons are hell for a fire starter. Protip for folks:

Make sure to have something other than fire and psychic attacks (hello, Fennekin!), and don't be afraid to bring Hoopa. Also don't forget you can bring Hoopa.

What would you recommend for people that used Fennekin as a starter? I did that and her moves are Psybeam and Flamethrower

• Locked thread