Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

sounds like they're desperate for regular customers i give them another 3 weeks before they close up shop

it's extremely popular. when i first started going it was definitely doing fine. now that they got this award, there's line-ups from 5PM to 9PM on weekdays. they started opening for lunch now too, which is when i usually go to avoid the rush. they're opening another location downtown as well. if they were to close up shop it would be to horrible mismanagement of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

it's extremely popular. when i first started going it was definitely doing fine. now that they got this award, there's line-ups from 5PM to 9PM on weekdays. they started opening for lunch now too, which is when i usually go to avoid the rush. they're opening another location downtown as well. if they were to close up shop it would be to horrible mismanagement of money.

the server is calling you a fag bitch in the kitchen with the ethnic chefs and theyre plotting your demise. i'd be wary of their judging gaze

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

PleasureKevin posted:

hmm yes, being just barely profitable enough to be open for lunch is the mark of a successful restaurant

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
give him a break hes pleasurekevin not businessexpertisekevin

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hmm yes, being just barely profitable enough to be open for lunch is the mark of a successful restaurant

opening for lunch is a huge gamble for a restaurant because it targets an entirely different clientele which are notoriously fickle, cheap and demanding

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

dsyp

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Stymie posted:

opening for lunch is a huge gamble for a restaurant because it targets an entirely different clientele which are notoriously fickle, cheap and demanding

opening a restaurant at all is the huge gamble. once you're paying rent and other fixed costs anyway, serving lunch should be a no-brainer. individual people with mobile kitchens, putting around in trucks that barely pass health inspection, make tons of money serving lunch. if you're already paying for a real kitchen and seating anyway and you can't come up with some mediterranean/thai fusion gluten-free grilled cheese panini cupcake wrap that sells at lunchtime then idk what to tell u

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

best just to eat at mcdonalds anyway

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

opening a restaurant at all is the huge gamble. once you're paying rent and other fixed costs anyway, serving lunch should be a no-brainer. individual people with mobile kitchens, putting around in trucks that barely pass health inspection, make tons of money serving lunch. if you're already paying for a real kitchen and seating anyway and you can't come up with some mediterranean/thai fusion gluten-free grilled cheese panini cupcake wrap that sells at lunchtime then idk what to tell u

lunch is riskier than dinner

- traffic is difficult to plan for thus difficult to schedule for.
- lunch menu adds extra food costs, prep time, labor costs
- guests expect lunch to be cheap, which means less profit

so no, lunch isnt exactly a no-brainer

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
lunch is expected to be cheaper, but also smaller

a lot of places i've seen just have a half plate of a dinner option for a lunch option, and they charge 60% of the dinner

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

plus it's harder to sell 1000% marked up bottles of wine at lunch

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

give him a break hes pleasurekevin not businessexpertisekevin

i studied business actually

but yeah i guess the busy restaurant that gave a regular a free beer is failing . very sad

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
honestly i was just trolling i dgaf about lunch

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

get ur money back, k-dogg

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

uncurable mlady posted:

lunch is riskier than dinner

- traffic is difficult to plan for thus difficult to schedule for.
- lunch menu adds extra food costs, prep time, labor costs
- guests expect lunch to be cheap, which means less profit

so no, lunch isnt exactly a no-brainer

plus, they expect it to be served in less than an hour (sometimes significantly less) so they can be back in the office before the boss notices which places more stress on the kitchen staff

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
lunch at a sit down restaurant that mostly does dinner also means you're getting served and cooked for by the B team and trainees.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
holy poo poo who cares

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

El_Elegante posted:

holy poo poo who cares

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

El_Elegante posted:

holy poo poo who cares

apple's on track for another best ever in the world holiday quarter so delusionals need something to talk about itt

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
What are you talking about? By your logic your favorite companies are Exxon Valero VZ and Walmart.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i knew a dude who would always rant about how much he loved walmart whenever someone gave him a chance

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Necc0 posted:

i knew a dude who would always rant about how much he loved walmart whenever someone gave him a chance
some people are like this about target vis-a-vis walmart as if it's any better in the slightest

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Kenny Logins posted:

vis-a-vis walmart

mods

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
someone jumped down my throat for saying Walmart hurts small businesses because she was from Arkansas or whatever and was defending the pride of her state

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kenny Logins posted:

some people are like this about target vis-a-vis walmart as if it's any better in the slightest

I hate these people because they also love calling it Targét Boutique.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

I read target is going to start selling beer so u can drink while u shop tho so there's that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
indian place near me has a $7:50 lunch list and the thai place has $6.00 lunch plates. thats loving incredible. lunch ftw as hell

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
companys buyin lunch folks *drops a thick jackson on the table like a BawS*

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

women have opinions?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

women have opinions?

yea. whether to get hog tied or suspension bondaged before i roto rooter their guts out and leave them to rot in my attic

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

indian place near me has a $7:50 lunch list and the thai place has $6.00 lunch plates. thats loving incredible. lunch ftw as hell

indian food owns

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Smythe posted:

yea. whether to get hog tied or suspension bondaged before i roto rooter their guts out and leave them to rot in my attic

thebox.txt

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
smythe...b-b-banned?!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
chaos reigns

edit kind of hype that my iPad pro is coming in tomorrow

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

emoji posted:

What are you talking about? By your logic your favorite companies are Exxon Valero VZ and Walmart.

those aren't funny computers

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

smythe...b-b-banned?!

yes please

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

triple sulk posted:

indian food owns

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

QQ bitch! *suplexes a probert so hard the leper colony floor explodes into splinters* :thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
holy poo poo Apple with the 5 week wait time on the Pencil, so much for wife's xmas present

did anyone manage to get one of these?

• Locked thread