Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so the iPad Pro keyboard doesn't use wires internally, it uses a conductive fabric. i guess the purpose being that wires can frew or detach when bent too much.

i don't know if that's been done before or not but seems pretty amazing. unfortunately i still think that keyboard looks really uncomfortable and way too much like apple original iPad case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'll stick to my Apple Extended Keyboard II, thanks.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Internaut! posted:

holy poo poo Apple with the 5 week wait time on the Pencil, so much for wife's xmas present

did anyone manage to get one of these?

gently caress I thought I ordered the pencil the same time as I did the pro oh well on order now and I can pick up the new Apple TV when my pro comes in also

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Internaut! posted:

holy poo poo Apple with the 5 week wait time on the Pencil, so much for wife's xmas present

theyre 400 bucks on ebay

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol 400 dollars for a stylus

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

poty posted:

theyre 400 bucks on ebay

ugh I see me goin this route with some shady kijiji guy on december 24th

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we already have a wacom.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Internaut! posted:

I did. they show up in stores now and then

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol 400 dollars every time it snaps off in the port that it has to stick straight out of to charge because of its terrible, terrible design

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
apple pen snaps off with normal use

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

apple's design is really bad now :-(

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
really they should have like put the Lightning connector on a short cord inside the pencil, so it flops around instead of sticking out ramrod straight

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
:flaccid:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
or, better still, not required a stupid stylus that needs to be charged at all because it goes against steve's vision, let alone the fact that the technology already exists to create a precise, battery-free stylus

but tim got scared by microsoft surface advertising last christmas and here we are

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's got a u-s-b 🎶

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the iPad pro seems ok. it's hilarious when you put it next to a surface book tho - at least the iPad doesn't wobble with normal typing

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it just wobbles when you fold up the keyboard and set it down flat because johnny ives considered the camera bump too elegant of a design

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
ipad pro drawing experience is best in class, ask any wacom haver like me

astropad makes it great for photoshop and zbrush and poo poo too

just snipe this goon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWDzAVYqr8Q

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Silver Alicorn posted:

really they should have like put the Lightning connector on a short cord inside the pencil, so it flops around instead of sticking out ramrod straight

there is some sort of flex mechanism that makes it bend and fall out of the port when stressed instead of snapping, but yeah its loving stupid and this is one use case where some sort of bespoke inductive charging setup makes more sense, especially if it lasts all day anyway

still really annoyed that its called a pencil but doesn't have an eraser on the end like tablet pens. you dont need fancy angle sensors like the front part, just a basic pressure sensor in the endcap, or even just let the cap mechanically transmit pressure to something measuring it in the body of the pencil. hoping this is the rough 1st pass and they chose base technology that they will refine and improve in time

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
there's also this lovely iPlunger option for charging apple pencils

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Internaut! posted:

just snipe this goon

I stumbled on astropad last week and it's been amazing so far

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lightning port in the pencil is kinda sorta dumb yeah, i guess the idea is you only need one kind of charger for everything

lightning port for the new tragic macpad, magic mouse, and the keyboard is just loving stupid, idgi, why not a usb type c connector?

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
because someone is more likely to have a lightning cable for charging than having a usb-c cable

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

they should have just put a lightning port on it like the new ATV remote and ship it with a USB to lightning cable

or i guess cause they want to be able to charge on the go, a lightning to lightning cable

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Internaut! posted:

just snipe this goon

holy poo poo look at this guy, he is a graphics designer

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

there's also this lovely iPlunger option for charging apple pencils

Link?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Internaut! posted:

just snipe this goon

lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

$30 dock for a pencil

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
drat I hate it when things cost money gently caress

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Nice, thanks!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

They should have at least made it shaped like an inkwell. Do I have to do everything around here jesus

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Linguica posted:

They should have at least made it shaped like an inkwell. Do I have to do everything around here jesus

what kind of pencil needs an inkwell

c'mon man

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

can the cintiq do angles and whatnot? if not that i thinks basically the killer app right there.

a pencil that take 15 seconds to charge lmao

you'd use it like an hour each month, tops

Linguica posted:

you dock it backwards so it would seem a little wrong

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/watch-man-smelled-burning-flesh-082848397.html#13400t0

A Danish man has claimed he was left with severe burns on his wrist after the strap of his Apple Watch started glowing with heat.
Jorgen Mouitzen nipped to the loo during a flying club meeting, where he suddenly felt a searing pain in his arm.
He said he could smell burning flesh an instant later and realised it was coming from the wrist with the smartwatch on.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lmao the Apple Watch doesn't have enough battery power to lightly warm your wrist

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it's bullshit. it would have to be heated to 752 F minimum to glow. he would have felt that WELL before it was noticeable. even if his watch had a bad battery and superheated that quickly, it would have split into pieces from the expansion

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
that's my beat off hand so the damages are well into the millions

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

why would the strap get hot, there's no electronics there.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

why would the strap get hot, there's no electronics there.

i mean aside from the fact that this is shit_that_didnt_happen.txt, it would have been transfer of heat from the steel or aluminum watch body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
there is a shitbird level battery-in-the-strap smartwatch out there but I didn't think it was apple

• Locked thread