Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Anita Dickinme posted:

Ah, yeah nah. Airman for life. Because I'm getting out.

Yea I hate getting more money too.

I suppose you can disregard that if you have like 3 months left or whatever, but if you count your contract left in years that's a terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Picked up first according to my chief.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sir Lucius posted:

Congrats! Enjoy CPO365 :chiefsay:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Sir Lucius posted:

Congratulations!

Just got a call from my command wanting me to come in to sign my eval. I'm on leave until tomorrow. I love the Navy.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

PneumonicBook posted:

Congratulations!

Thanks, I didn't think I would make it. If NKO ever comes back up it'd be nice to see my profile sheet.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Congrats! Enjoy CPO365 :chiefsay:

I don't have to go until I'm paid E6, right?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

:chiefsay: You go whenever I say you go, Shipmate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sir Lucius posted:

Thanks, I didn't think I would make it. If NKO ever comes back up it'd be nice to see my profile sheet.

Profile sheets will go up tomorrow according to NPC. So far I've found a former DCFN I knew picked up DC1. I'd still like to see a full list, though.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I have also made 1st. E2 to E6 in this command.

The only months I'm going to be getting paid for first is my two months of terminal leave. :getin:

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

My quota has always been about 5% (sub nuke EM), it was 12% this time so I was cautiously optimistic. So far no call though, whereas they called the EM1s (85%). Foiled again it seems!

I just tell myself I'm winning the long game since they didn't trick me into star reenlisting.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Sir Lucius posted:

lol. You're adorable.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

How do reservists check? Took the test for E4 a few months back. Maybe my next muster?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LingcodKilla posted:

How do reservists check? Took the test for E4 a few months back. Maybe my next muster?

I'm not sure if reservists are on the main list. The list will be out tomorrow unless it gets leaked somehow today. You'll have a profile sheet you can look at on NKO as well.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thanks! I'll scour NKO tomorrow. I thought I got a useful email today from my CO today but it was just to remind me that weed is still illegal in the navy.

Dang.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks! I'll scour NKO tomorrow. I thought I got a useful email today from my CO today but it was just to remind me that weed is still illegal in the navy.

Dang.

Not to spoil the surprise, but you're an IT right? According to this IT had 100% advancement to E4 and E5:
http://www.navy.mil/ah_online/documents/SELRES-Cycle97-2015-E4-E6.pdf

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Commoners posted:

I have also made 1st. E2 to E6 in this command.

The only months I'm going to be getting paid for first is my two months of terminal leave. :getin:

I got paid for E6 starting the day prior to my EAOS.

At least it's on my DD-214 for the inevitable WWIII with Putin and Co. If I'm gonna get drafted, might as well get paid.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1YY54RI5YY

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sir Lucius posted:

Not to spoil the surprise, but you're an IT right? According to this IT had 100% advancement to E4 and E5:

Well at least ABE2-ABE1 is 0.00% as opposed to NO ELIG. :v:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lmao I remember a dude picked up near his terminal and it was going to cost him more than he would have made by the time he got it because of the uniforms

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
My favorite part of results week is the "THEY ONLY GOT IT BECAUSE THEY HANG OUT WITH CHIEF OUTSIDE WORK I KNOW IT"

Thank God it's a four-day.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The key to advancing in the Seabee's seems to be have an EP and 6 PNA points. This is a community where HYT as an E-3 is a real fear for people, and happens

Analogical
May 20, 2013

The true key to advancing in the Navy:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

That's embarrassing. I didn't intentionally take the advice to drink and not study. Just didn't realize I had to take it already and went in totally unprepared.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I brought the wrong pants to work today. There was an all hands call scheduled at 0830. I left work at 0630 to get the right ones. Come back at 0745 to find out they changed the all hands call to 0730. So I didn't have to wear my bravos for long and I skipped the pinning of half the ship since everyone just got selected for petty officer.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I brought the wrong pants to work today. There was an all hands call scheduled at 0830. I left work at 0630 to get the right ones. Come back at 0745 to find out they changed the all hands call to 0730. So I didn't have to wear my bravos for long and I skipped the pinning of half the ship since everyone just got selected for petty officer.

bz

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You're e-7 No one cares or expects you to be anywhere honestly

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You're e-7 No one cares or expects you to be anywhere honestly

And a marine to boot, so they look around and go "Gunny's not here?" and someone shrugs and that's pretty much it. You weren't even missed lol.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

As likely to see a Marine at a Navy award ceremony as seeing any CWO at any ceremony

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Analogical posted:

My favorite part of results week is the "THEY ONLY GOT IT BECAUSE THEY HANG OUT WITH CHIEF OUTSIDE WORK I KNOW IT"

Thank God it's a four-day.

To be fair, my guys got pretty hosed because of similar reasoning along with dual CoC structures, and someone really loving dropping the ball advocating on behalf of the directorate.

Boon fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 25, 2015

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Boon posted:

To be fair, my guys got pretty hosed because of similar reasoning along with dual CoC structures, and someone really loving dropping the ball advocating on behalf of the directorate.

They bitch about it but that doesn't make it untrue. Everyone in my 90+ division knows who gets the EPs. My Chief goes to bars with these kids. There is no mystery. I had my eval debrief and my E6 work center supe laughed when I mentioned how obvious this situation was.

This rear end got an EP and left his eval in three different places in the office last year. He never did a god drat thing in our shop. Never took any classes or got any extra qualifications. Somehow he gets an EP. We all know he hangs out with our Chief in a town nearby. It's a club with them.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
90 people in your division or 90 people in your department? Because our department is barely getting 70 people.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

90 people in your division or 90 people in your department? Because our department is barely getting 70 people.

90 in our division. There's over 200 in our department.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Is this the part of the thread when a bunch of people complain about evals and bake sales?

Sell some more brownies and get EPs, it's so simple!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Our entire command is ~24 people and we have to support equipment for 720 people. :(

Reservists are a poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Commoners posted:

Reservists are poo poo.

qft

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
Found out my eot got downgraded to a floc as an e5 with 500 volunteer hours, no njp, no pfa failure, earned the pin, job area sme. What the hell?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Arione posted:

Found out my eot got downgraded to a floc as an e5 with 500 volunteer hours, no njp, no pfa failure, earned the pin, job area sme. What the hell?

Lol our ship of like 300 gives out at least 5-10 NAMs a week.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Arione posted:

Hang out with your chief!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Arione posted:

I'm still mad My eot sat on my the lpo desk and never got routed. I was an EP eval guy, established the training pipeline for our division which included a school that only 5 people have actually passed (I was the first to attend and the only to pass for at least a year and a half, everyone else just gets certificate of completion), and fudged the numbers so all the fat fucks (goddamn so many fatties, especially Chiefs) in our department passed weigh-ins and pfa. I actively improved the department and that bitch couldn't even be bothered to route my eot.

To be fair I did say I would take leave if they were gonna do an award ceremony because I didn't feel like driving to DC and my div-o would just sign off on the e-leave before it had even been looked at by anyone else in the chain lol.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Analogical posted:

90 in our division. There's over 200 in our department.

There were just over 90 guys on my first ship. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
One of the guys at my old squadron has now gone from PSSN to PS1 while there. :toot: Dunno what the PS advancement rate is like, but he definitely deserved it.

• Locked thread