Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

At least this carrier actually has a frigate. :geno:

hakimashou posted:

[–]SirFragula -4 points 20 hours ago
Space Barbie isn't a selling point to me.
I mean gently caress it, I'd pay Zen for the option to never see other player's customisations. They nearly all loving suck. Put your Feds in 2410 uniforms ffs.
:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DancingShade posted:

It can't turn for poo poo, lacks adequate tactical slots to run APO1 and is a lumbering space whale with 3/3 weapons.

Actually you're right. The bathtub has +1 turn http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Caitian_Atrox_Carrier so I guess it's amazing and we denizens of somethingisawful dot com should queue up to fellate the ship designers, because we are well known for our harmonious and positive atmosphere.

The fact that you're concerned about a base turn rate in this day and age pretty solidly reinforces my whole "you don't play the game right now" point. Seriously dude, chill out. Plenty of people bitch about STO in this thread. I'm one of them. It is not a good game. But you're the only person here that whines. Cut the hyperbole. Let people fly their spaceships. Don't complain about what goons who are playing the game do, especially when you're flat wrong about it. Go laugh at pubbie bios or something.

If you dislike cryptic spaceships that much, then just stop posting and do something else. You're not doing anyone any good.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Inertia matters a lot more than turn rate these days anyway. You can boost even a 6ish turn ship to 25-30 by slapping enough RCS and traits onto it if you're really determined, but you can't do jack about taking half a minute to change velocity because you're puttering around in a kilometer-long trillion-ton whale.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Asimo posted:

Inertia matters a lot more than turn rate these days anyway. You can boost even a 6ish turn ship to 25-30 by slapping enough RCS and traits onto it if you're really determined, but you can't do jack about taking half a minute to change velocity because you're puttering around in a kilometer-long trillion-ton whale.
There is one console that changes that. And an engine mod for crafted engines, I think.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

wdarkk posted:

This almost convinced me to pay real money for it.

I'll just end up getting the fleet version with fleet modules. Whenever the idea of spending money on this dumb game worms its way into my brain I calculate how many bottles of wine I could buy with that money instead. It's 7 with some change in this case :france:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Cryptic already wormed 200 bucks out of me like 5 years ago or whatever, you better believe this loving thing is getting bought with that sweet, sweet stipend :smug:

...:negative:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Landlord posted:

The fact that you're concerned about a base turn rate in this day and age pretty solidly reinforces my whole "you don't play the game right now" point. Seriously dude, chill out. Plenty of people bitch about STO in this thread. I'm one of them. It is not a good game. But you're the only person here that whines. Cut the hyperbole. Let people fly their spaceships. Don't complain about what goons who are playing the game do, especially when you're flat wrong about it. Go laugh at pubbie bios or something.

If you dislike cryptic spaceships that much, then just stop posting and do something else. You're not doing anyone any good.

It's ironic you're asking anyone to chill out when you're taking internet spaceship criticism so seriously. Man you do not want to walk into the SC thread, hoo boy.

I would make a comment about you white knighting an MMO run by Perfect World but I think I'd rather you told me more about doing good in the world of spaceship MMOs.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
He's not wrong though, your posts are irritating and pointless

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mom, dad, please don't fight :qq:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Valatar posted:

I don't think anyone's actually considering paying cash for it. I'm certainly not. I'm considering getting fleet modules off the exchange to get the fleet version. I'm enough of a frigate carrier whore to dump credits for one, but I'm not about to hand over real cash.

I... Bought some Zen in the sale that happened just before the Command Cruisers hit. Half went to the Presidio, and I was saving the other 3k for the inevitable Odyssey T6, but gently caress it, this ship seems cool and big and different.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Asimo posted:

Mom, dad, please don't fight :qq:

Shh, if they get a divorce I might get a Bastion for Christmas.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

A Fancy Bloke posted:

This is the Star Trek Online thread in the Games subforum of Something Awful. Every post in here is all that and more by definition.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Why thank you :tipshat:

Also if there's a divorce that Bastion is getting parted out for space lawyer bills.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Morglon posted:

This is the Star Trek Online thread in the Games subforum of Something Awful. Every post in here is all that and more by definition.
The only thing this game thread has going for it is that it isn't EVE or Star Citizen.

SKY COQ posted:

I... Bought some Zen in the sale that happened just before the Command Cruisers hit. Half went to the Presidio, and I was saving the other 3k for the inevitable Odyssey T6, but gently caress it, this ship seems cool and big and different.
Reminds me, I should probably pull the Presidio out again. Although it's hard to go back to after grabbing a Quas, Yeah I know it's technically mediocre, but even if it lacks the command buffs it looks better, has a crazy useful boff layout (potentially Lt.Com/Lt.Com/Ens Tac on a cruiser? Yes please), it has a galor-level shield mod, and a frigate pet option. I mean there's only three tac consoles but there's 3 sci consoles too and eeeehh I like flying it. Certainly more unique than the overpriced Vonph anyway. :geno:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Aren't you that one guy who got kicked out of everything goon-related in this game for being irritating and autistic?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Anita Dickinme posted:

Aren't you that one guy who got kicked out of everything goon-related in this game for being irritating and autistic?

Umm... no?

I mean I've never been kicked from TNG except for inactivity, and I was there as of last night so I am pretty sure you have me confused with someone else.

My apologies for saying a poster was annoying, won't happen again

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Anita Dickinme posted:

Aotc was never kicked out of everything goon-related? :confused:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Aleth posted:

Aotc was never kicked out of everything goon-related? :confused:

No, but he does have the singular honor of having his picture tweeted by Trendy yesterday

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What's with the rediculous patch sizes every week?

Not sure this warrants a 700meg patch.

General:

Stormbound:
Resolved an issue which would block progression if the player destroyed the Tholian ships too quickly when helping Kal Dano.
Added small spots of missing VO.
Resolved an issue that was causing deprecated Embassy Projects to appear in the available projects list named #9 and #10.

Foundry:

Foundry functions are now available.
Lowered the required level for Heralds and Iconians from 60 to 56.
Added Mirror Universe versions of several existing NPCs.

Known Issues:

There are some missing spots of VO in Stormbound.
The fire tornado in the Badlands Battlezone has incorrect FX when defeated.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Umm... no?

I mean I've never been kicked from TNG except for inactivity, and I was there as of last night so I am pretty sure you have me confused with someone else.

My apologies for saying a poster was annoying, won't happen again

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627820&pagenumber=83&perpage=40#post433178755

P sure you got kicked for posting like a STO pubbie and let some time pass so everyone would forget you're a pubbie defender.

And this post, after getting reinvited, is because you were muted in the channel before you were completely kicked to give you a chance to calm down, but you didn't.

Check and mate. :smug:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This is the gayest thing ever.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
All apologies to my homobros for using gay as a perjorative.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm extremely concerned about the possible vile slander via product denigration that may dishonor Extremely Honorable Chinese MMO Company, Perfect World.

All dentaleers are to purchase the space bathtub, take a wash in it and after the years of muck have been sluiced off you must praise Cryptic for the Most Amazing Ship Ever on all your social medias as recompense.

Any rumors that the space bathtub is in fact laced with arsenic and made entirely of materials reclaimed from the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone are baseless and without merit.

Thank you, it's been a pleasure to speak at this Dental Convocation.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

DancingShade posted:

It's ironic you're asking anyone to chill out when you're taking internet spaceship criticism so seriously. Man you do not want to walk into the SC thread, hoo boy.

I would make a comment about you white knighting an MMO run by Perfect World but I think I'd rather you told me more about doing good in the world of spaceship MMOs.

If you default to "this guy is a white knight" when I actively insult the thing you think I'm defending in the post where I point out how whiny and childlike you constantly sound in this thread you have no real reason to be posting in as much as you do, then I have no idea what to tell you, Mal.

Yeah, it's SA post what you want as much as you want. But because it's SA, when you post stuff that is annoying and stupid, I'll probably call it out for being annoying and stupid. Because it's, you know, annoying and stupid.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Landlord posted:

If you default to "this guy is a white knight" when I actively insult the thing you think I'm defending in the post where I point out how whiny and childlike you constantly sound in this thread you have no real reason to be posting in as much as you do, then I have no idea what to tell you, Mal.

Yeah, it's SA post what you want as much as you want. But because it's SA, when you post stuff that is annoying and stupid, I'll probably call it out for being annoying and stupid. Because it's, you know, annoying and stupid.

:ironicat:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Usually when someone defaults to just replying with misused emoticons, it means they don't actually have a counterargument, but are too mad to leave the conversation. So that post is Annoying and Stupid(tm.)

For what it's worth, I'm sorry nobody will play Star Citizen with you, man :(

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry I may have said bad words about your star treks. Please don't throw out the bathwater.

I like to drink it after you leave the bathroom.

Also you're showing a shocking lack of self awareness. Just saying.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Psycho Landlord posted:

Usually when someone defaults to just replying with misused emoticons, it means they don't actually have a counterargument, but are too mad to leave the conversation. So that post is Annoying and Stupid(tm.)

For what it's worth, I'm sorry nobody will play Star Citizen with you, man :(

:allears:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Buschmaki posted:

This is the gayest thing ever.

Seriously it's nice to know I have a fan though. Despite never being kicked from Dental or NoP and being here since p much the beginning

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just have a decent memory. HTH

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
No one cares, get a hint

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
No one likes a hypocrite is all I'm saying, friend.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's over. Stop now. Both of you.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Anita Dickinme posted:

Aren't you that one guy who got kicked .. for being irritating and autistic?

*proceeds to post something from well over a year ago when it's clear no one gives a poo poo*

ok i'm done

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Please stop bickering and respect the fishing pact.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
I have something like 1k stipend zen.

I will buy the new space-whale, and then start threads whinging about it doesn't look as good as the original Jupiter class design, and asking if we can get it added in the cosmetic shop.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

IPCRESS posted:

I have something like 1k stipend zen.

I will buy the new space-whale, and then start threads whinging about it doesn't look as good as the original Jupiter class design, and asking if we can get it added in the cosmetic shop.

Is this cyber bullying?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Psycho Landlord posted:

Sorry, nobody will play Star Citizen ever.

Correcting this post for inaccuracies that cannot be overlooked. :patriot:

I skimmed everything so that is the only thing that caught my eye, don't act like star citizen is a game okay.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

Is this cyber bullying?

Only if they actually add a playable Jupiter class to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Speaking of Space-Whales, I know Dental has been growing lately.. but Pulse seems to have taken this context toward something aweful

Rahhmi fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 25, 2015

• Locked thread