Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Honestly I would find it hard to get upset over jokes made in the past when you can turn on Delirious and- No you know what, if you haven't watched Delirious, just do it puts everything into context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I just started re-watching the Dark Messiah lp last week and It's just the occasional instance of edgy banter(at least I don't recall any actual rape jokes being cracked) like in the first episode "That ghoul is like loving raping the poo poo out of him" "Then that dude just loving rapes that ghoul" I just shrug and chock it up to being in the dark ages of 2011.

Back on the actual topic of Dishonored, I can't ever really get enough of this game haha, it's just ever so slightly janky enough that weird things I've never seen before keep popping up from time to time. There always comes a point like halfway through the game where I gently caress up being stealthy all the time and just throw my hands up in the air and turn into a murderhobo.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 24, 2015

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I won't live in a world where I cannot make testicle jokes.

I'm hard-wired to grasp at low hanging fruit.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hope you one day do Thi4f and get to the bugged looping cock ring conversation.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

low hanging fruit.

Intentional meta-joke or hilarious coincidence?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Intentional meta-joke or hilarious coincidence?

In my next adventures in the High Chaos run, Orv is left asking exactly the same question!

But first we have to get through Coolguye trying to come to terms with the consequences of trying to be a man with sticky fingers but clean hands.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

A Darker Porpoise posted:

I just started re-watching the Dark Messiah lp last week and It's just the occasional instance of edgy banter(at least I don't recall any actual rape jokes being cracked) like in the first episode "That ghoul is like loving raping the poo poo out of him" "Then that dude just loving rapes that ghoul" I just shrug and chock it up to being in the dark ages of 2011.
It's got All-Bones-Jones. I'm more than willing to forgive a couple rape jokes for that.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Well you can lop off heads, arms and legs so you should be able to chop off someone's...

Orv
May 4, 2011

HGH posted:

I hope you one day do Thi4f and get to the bugged looping cock ring conversation.

I must veto Thi4f so hard.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
That's one of those games I think I'd have more fun playing through and just commenting on the horrible things that happen ala the "I Broke" series from those two crazy as hell Swedish guys whose names I always forget.

Which reflects much more poorly on me than them because those guys are gut bustingly hilarious.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

Coolguye posted:

That's one of those games I think I'd have more fun playing through and just commenting on the horrible things that happen ala the "I Broke" series from those two crazy as hell SwedishIcelandic guys whose names I always forget.

Which reflects much more poorly on me than them because those guys are gut bustingly hilarious.

:colbert:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Coolguye posted:

I will be the first to admit that I've made some off color jokes in my time and I will be the first to be embarrassed about them but I really do not remember any rape jokes at all.

I recall a few ghouls were said to have raped a few guards, I assume partly due to the pouncing they do. It seemed a little odd at the time.

EX: https://youtu.be/pOY_8RZMflQ?list=PLED4C2EECDF7A198F&t=780

No matter, really.

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 24, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Does that still count as a necrophilia?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not if they were alive when it started.

(Trap sprung?)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's like stepping on spring razors.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Poil posted:

It's like stepping on spring razors.

Well, that makes me glad I'm not into necro.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Finally finished my Clean Hands run of the main game. :toot:

Bend Time 2, King of Skills.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Orv posted:

I must veto Thi4f so hard.

Yeah, we try to play games we like. You tend to find that it requires a monstrous amount of effort to keep going on something that is just not fun, and Thi4f just doesn't seem to have much charm to it beyond one or two bad sequences.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Also Bobbin already did it and sacrificed himself for our Sins. Sort of hoping that Thi4f is a whole jesus thing and not a ritualistic yearly sacrifice thing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

In my next adventures in the High Chaos run, Orv is left asking exactly the same question!

But first we have to get through Coolguye trying to come to terms with the consequences of trying to be a man with sticky fingers but clean hands.
Thank goodness Dark Vision doesn't have a black light filter.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
I would just like to say that all of you are terrible people, and should be ashamed of yourselves.

All-bones Jones, though, great guy.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Thank goodness Dark Vision doesn't have a black light filter.

It really is a shame that this power is so useful but makes the game look like absolute poo poo.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
It's actually kind of annoying to use in really dark areas since it really darkens everything other than live bodies and maybe treasures and mechanisms.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

'Dark Vision' has a lot to answer for in video games. Feels like every second game wants to ruin their aesthetic details by turning the screen into the blue dimension with occasional highlighted yellow or red vomits dotted throughout.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Well, it's hard to render the through-walls vision while keeping everything else at full foreground detail, I guess. It can already get extremely cluttered when it does dim/desaturate things.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

ArcMage posted:

Well, it's hard to render the through-walls vision while keeping everything else at full foreground detail, I guess. It can already get extremely cluttered when it does dim/desaturate things.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines did it just fine with Auspex. Just highlight actors in range with a colored outline and only show the outline when your view is obstructed. No need for ugly chromatic filters at all.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

TheLastRoboKy posted:

'Dark Vision' has a lot to answer for in video games. Feels like every second game wants to ruin their aesthetic details by turning the screen into the blue dimension with occasional highlighted yellow or red vomits dotted throughout.

Blame Arkham Asylum. I remember one comment saying there was little reason not to keep Detective Mode up all of the time.

Keeshhound posted:

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines did it just fine with Auspex. Just highlight actors in range with a colored outline and only show the outline when your view is obstructed. No need for ugly chromatic filters at all.

I think that's a Source engine thing. Off the top of my head I can't think of non-Source games that can give an actor an aura like that.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

IMJack posted:

I think that's a Source engine thing. Off the top of my head I can't think of non-Source games that can give an actor an aura like that.

Far Cry 3/4 and the last few Assassin's Creeds do it for enemies that you've tagged with your camera/Eagle Vision/whatever. You see red silhouettes if they're behind something, and usually a little icon above them to indicate what kind of enemy they are (regular/armored/assault/etc), sometimes other colors to indicate mission objectives or commanding officers. I recall Gears of War had a system that let you tag enemies, and other people could then see the little tag icon through walls and stuff.

I think I like Far Cry's version of that system the best, because it encourages the player to do some recon around the edges of a facility before heading inside, and it feels really thematic despite being video-gamey as hell. Also, it relies on essentially a telescope, as opposed to Eagle Vision in Assassins Creed, which is literally Detective Mode.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Picked up this game during the Steam sale because of this thread. Keep doing what you're doing, guys!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Coolguye posted:

That's one of those games I think I'd have more fun playing through and just commenting on the horrible things that happen ala the "I Broke" series from those two crazy as hell Swedish guys whose names I always forget.

Burger Paul makes some good stuff.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The High Overseer, Interlude: Youtube Polsy
The Golden Cat, Low Chaos: Youtube Polsy

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 8, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Corvo is one rough pickpocket.

It was amazing to see the wall reject that guy and his piss.

Poil fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 6, 2015

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The wall bounce was absolutely glorious. :allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
What the hell was that guy pissing, Flubber?

Also, Orv's little moments continue to be amazing :allears:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
I love this LP :allears: Here's hoping the next one goes up quick!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Lprsti99 posted:

I love this LP :allears: Here's hoping the next one goes up quick!

The next episode is in fact ready to upload, but I'm holding off on doing it cause of how the last time hosed up the publishing order for subscribers.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yeah since I was late my general idea was to get the interlude fixed tomorrow, then clear Roboky to upload his next episode a day later. I just spent almost 12 hours hacking on a securities trading algorithm with my brother in law and I'm exhausted.

Somewhat related, I am really pleased with how this episode turned out. It was my first time messing with overlays, and while I'm still not sure I positioned them right, looking back at it I definitely like the two I slid in.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Will one of you violent types be showing Rage off at all? I have literally never bought it even once because sword combat in this fills me with panic and terror.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well two seems a good number you down want to overlay the overlays too thick.

In all seriousness with the weirdness going on with this and the Republic commando (as well as the commonality of "this has never happened before" on streams like SGDQ") is there an untapped fault line in all games where recording software causes everything to go wrong? Or is Coolguye's game going to slowly become more lovecraftian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Stormgale posted:

Well two seems a good number you down want to overlay the overlays too thick.

In all seriousness with the weirdness going on with this and the Republic commando (as well as the commonality of "this has never happened before" on streams like SGDQ") is there an untapped fault line in all games where recording software causes everything to go wrong? Or is Coolguye's game going to slowly become more lovecraftian.

Well when you're running a game at the same time as recording the system is reading and writing large amounts of data at the same time, so that can throw a wrench into some things. For example that's probably why Jade Star's map takes so long to load in Red Faction: Guerrilla. Sometimes people are just cursed, too, can't discount curses.

• Locked thread