Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

I guess Boosted has managed to compartmentalize the issues he was having accepting that Trump planned to set up extra-judicial squads of brownshirts to round of darkies in the night, and go forward with his Trumplust. I assume that container now also holds the whole "Muslims should be tracked and have to wear special badges saying they're Muslim" issue that logically should also be troubling him

Boosted is a blackshirt, just like a good 20% of the electorate at this point. NBD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

im a bit skeptical of this b/c if theres one thing that GOP electoral performances have shown, lotsa women will turn out to pull the lever for the republicans regardless of what monstrous stuff they say

donald trump in the theoretical general is gonna say some truly heinous poo poo about hillary, and i feel like poo poo talking a white woman to her face/behind her back won't play well with white women

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zelder posted:

donald trump in the theoretical general is gonna say some truly heinous poo poo about hillary, and i feel like poo poo talking a white woman to her face/behind her back won't play well with white women
They don't even have to make them vote for Hillary - they just have to not vote/not vote for Rubio or Trump or whoever.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
TALK RADIO HOT TAKE: Rush and Hannity are taking the Russian side on this whole thing. Free Republic and Breitbart is also on the side of the Russians.

The general hot take is that ISIS is the enemy, not Russia, and Turkey is on ISIS side.

Anyways, back to primary chat... Here's a fun graph:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im not going to flat out say that trump has no chance, but to win he has to do at least not significantly worse than romney, and also he has to rely on dems not turning out. i also dont think he has much of a shot at doing better than romney, because he seems to be alienating one person for every person he electrifies. its a bad sign when evangelicals are making noise about not turning out. i doubt theyll make good on that threat, but it still bodes ill for him.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

my favorite chapter in the Paradol Ex saga was when he declared, out of nowhere, that Barack Obama metaphorically date raped his sister. no explanation for that turn of phrase or in what particular way Obama resembled a sex offender could ever be produced.

my favorite part was when he invented a portmanteu so bad it circled around and became a meme

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Zelder posted:

He only has to be like, 25% as misogynistic as Reddit to guarantee resigning himself to Goldwater status.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I foresee a lot of "wrap it up, trumpailures" in the future

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
there will be shitposts

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Montasque posted:

TALK RADIO HOT TAKE: Rush and Hannity are taking the Russian side on this whole thing. Free Republic and Breitbart is also on the side of the Russians.

The general hot take is that ISIS is the enemy, not Russia, and Turkey is on ISIS side.

I think I saw this graph in the Bitcoin thread. Yooge, if true.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Montasque posted:

This is a good graph.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/nbc-equal-time-granted-republican-candidates

NBC has agreed to give 12 minutes of air time to a handful of Republican presidential candidates who filed for equal time after Donald Trump, who is also seeking the GOP nomination, hosted “Saturday Night Live” earlier this month, Variety reported. Ohio Gov. John Kasich, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore, and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) will be granted 12 minutes of airtime during primetime on NBC networks in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina on Nov. 27 and Nov. 28. They will also get time during “SNL” on Nov. 28, according to the report.

What do you guys think they will do with their 12 minutes?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

paradolex.txt

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What do you guys think they will do with their 12 minutes?

Televised drinking contest, I hope

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mr Jaunts posted:

Televised water drinking contest, I hope

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Paradol Ex: a good example of how basing your predictions of the presidential primary on professional wrestling is kinda dumb.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
but but the narrative

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:stonk:......:fap:

You know you'd think he'd eventually have predicted even a single thing right, even by accident. But he skillfully navigates any correctness he could have possibly sailed into.

bean mom fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 24, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

baw posted:

but but the narrative

There's a freeper/far-right blogger who is trying to argue that Trump is using screen writing narrative techniques to win the nomination.

Save the Trump.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Montasque posted:

There's a freeper/far-right blogger who is trying to argue that Trump is using screen writing narrative techniques to win the nomination.

Save the Trump.

im the gun on the mantle

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Joementum posted:

Paradol Ex: a good example of how basing your predictions of the presidential primary on professional wrestling is kinda dumb.
I think the RNC is about as with-it as WWE Creative right now, and they're dealing with the problem of a guy getting over without being a company man.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

thats a real accusation people leveled at bill, btw

Why are the Clintons magnets for this crazy poo poo?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

wrap it up, obamailures

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Montasque posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but isn't ISIS literally trying to invade Turkey and has been trying for months now???

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Zyla posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but isn't ISIS literally trying to invade Turkey and has been trying for months now???

nah it's more likely there's some limited cooperation to keep the kurds down

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Watch a Ric Flair promo, then watch a Trump rally. Basically the same thing.

EDIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixDgopL8xeU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i forget: was lungfish & paradol the same guy?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

TheTatteredKing posted:

Presidents tend to be. Like, some of the people who were with Obama in the CIA-sponsored martian teleportation training camp say all sorts of outlandish things about Obama.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Montasque posted:

Watch a Ric Flair promo, then watch a Trump rally. Basically the same thing.

Ric Flair makes more sense.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 24, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TheTatteredKing posted:

b/c an entire cottage industry sprang up where people could write a book claiming Bill Clinton exploded a baby with dynamite and get it snapped up for bundling in those "Three Great Conservative Books for Five Dollars!" packages that are the bread and butter of the GOP grifter set

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

me irl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkbq18u9sxw

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Necc0 posted:

i forget: was lungfish & paradol the same guy?

lungish is legendary in comparison with most. I refuse to believe they were the same. Paradol Ex was a dweeb.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
oh my god i forgot about how great this was

quote:

Well, and like I've said, I did pretty much get it right. The fact that Hillary and Romney didn't get the nominations are pretty irrelevant. My predications were based on the most logical progression of events and it's not my fault that Hillary hosed up so bad she lost her nomination or that for the first time in ever the republican leadership failed to get republican voters to do what they wanted them to do. No one could have seen either of those things coming.

to be fair he WAS the voice of reason to a lot of the 'hope & change' crowd

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Montasque posted:

The heartbeat of a great American is about to stir once more...

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the voice of reason was Willa, not Paradol Ex.

Jackson Taus posted:

Trump turned his Republican primary favorability numbers around.

All of the "Trump is the new Goldwater" stuff is counting on Republicans not backing him fully and on the nation understanding that he's actually that crazy and incredibly dishonest.

I'm not sure I count on the media to call him out reliably when he says straight-up, inarguably false things. If things like his racial violence tweet just get called "disputed", or his plan to revoke anchor baby citizenship is labeled "controversial" instead of "probably unconstitutional", then I don't think we can count on that.

More to the point, every prediction of Trump's failure has to date been wrong - it's dangerous to have a high level of confidence in future predictions of his failure.

If he makes it to the General, fear him.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

explain this viewpoint to me. by what mechanisms is trump going to turn favorability numbers which are not only currently lower than clintons but are consistently lower at all points on the timeline into an electoral blowout

Trump turned his Republican primary favorability numbers around.

All of the "Trump is the new Goldwater" stuff is counting on Republicans not backing him fully and on the nation understanding that he's actually that crazy and incredibly dishonest.

I'm not sure I count on the media to call him out reliably when he says straight-up, inarguably false things. If things like his racial violence tweet just get called "disputed", or his plan to revoke anchor baby citizenship is labeled "controversial" instead of "probably unconstitutional", then I don't think we can count on that.

More to the point, every prediction of Trump's failure has to date been wrong - it's dangerous to have a high level of confidence in future predictions of his failure.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Nonsense posted:

and look how well that turned out for everyone

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nonsense posted:

i dont remember her taking off until the ACA negotiations started up but all of this was also a decade ago so v:shobon:v

also:

quote:

The Obamailures will then grow 8 years older, become much more like your dying Boomer breed, and will attempt to portray themselves as the wise, old experienced voices that will regale the new college voters with all their political insight which is apparently attained by backing a losing candidate for presidency and there will be much talk about how this time will be different and how Important this particular election will be, and then the college kids will pick a brand new Family Guy candidate and you will go along with it although, at your age, you should really know better.
Welcome to RSF, newtimers ;)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

pathetic little tramp posted:

Ric Flair makes more sense.

They 'ironically' shot them!

Back to wrestling chat, the most important and relevant chat in American politics...

John Kasich level promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MISUHTo2NDs

And of course Jeb!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Q4EVpIFIk

Wrestling is truly the purest form of Theatre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Is Obamacare already being dismantled by insurers before his administration is even over? Scary times.

• Locked thread