Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

cyberia posted:

In Soda Dungeon is there any reason not to move onto the next dimension as soon as possible? Especially with the first few dimensions.
Only if you don't want to deal with certain boss with gimmick that can curb stump your progress and you want to build up your wealth via going higher floor to power up your soda to make it easier when you finally ready to fight those bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
How often should I expect to hit a fountain with two Knights in my party? I decided to dump the magic pots in hopes of using fountains for MP regen, but I've gone from level 1 to 120 without seeing a fountain.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

hooah posted:

How often should I expect to hit a fountain with two Knights in my party? I decided to dump the magic pots in hopes of using fountains for MP regen, but I've gone from level 1 to 120 without seeing a fountain.

Knights only stop traps and ambushes, so having more than one doesn't make Fountains appear more or less often. It does come down to luck, but at least the AI realizes it's safe to go through the detours with a Knight in the party. No Knights, no idle Fountains.

I really hope they add an option to force only basic attacks on a per adventurer basis. Seeing my 85% crit ~180 damage on crit Conjurers do their lovely 25 damage AoE is annoying when starting a new dungeon, and later on Knights do the same thing with their lovely AoE. Or let abilities crit, or give bigger magic damage bonuses on items, or something.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Just to clarify: only hire "Dinner Boys", not Soda Junkies. You can see their name when you click on them before you hire to speed things along.

Ohhhhh this is why I never got them.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Also in Soda Dungeon, in Dimension 7, working on the boss. Just to make sure I've got this right, I should be taking on floor 691 with something like 1x Healer, 4x Fighters, and then just beat on the boss with the fighters, hoping I kill it before it kills me?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Gilg posted:

Also in Soda Dungeon, in Dimension 7, working on the boss. Just to make sure I've got this right, I should be taking on floor 691 with something like 1x Healer, 4x Fighters, and then just beat on the boss with the fighters, hoping I kill it before it kills me?

That's how I do it, its very annoying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cyberia posted:

Kitchen needs to be at least level 7, turn off auto-equip and hire Soda Junkies who are standing behind tables that have food on them.

I have done that and they've never, ever shown up for me.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Did you turn Auto Equip off completely, or did you set it to ask?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Gilg posted:

something like 1x Healer, 4x Fighters, and then just beat on the boss with the fighters, hoping I kill it before it kills me?
Or merchant to cut his hp in half. You could also get rid of the healer if your fighters can one hit kill monster or get lucky with fountain.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That new Star Wars game went live (in America at least).. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row

I've just started it. Seems alright so far! Team turn-based combat. Not sure if the first pull is randomized or not, but I got "Clone Wars Chewbacca".

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 24, 2015

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

New Leaf posted:

That new Star Wars game went live (in America at least).. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row

I've just started it. Seems alright so far! Team turn-based combat. Not sure if the first pull is randomized or not, but I got "Clone Wars Chewbacca".

I got him too. Not sure if I'll spend time on this one.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

New Leaf posted:

Seems like it's the exact same game as Heroes Charge https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ucool.hero&hl=en

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Aww, I was hoping it was more like Summoners War, the turn based combat of that is more fun than Heroes Charge and it's clones.

[Edit] Wait New Leaf says it's turn based. That makes a big difference in how it feels to play actually. Though being a newer game I imagine it won't have nearly the level of content Summoners War does, but hey it's Star Wars, so that's something, right?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

O__O posted:

Seems like it's the exact same game as Heroes Charge https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ucool.hero&hl=en

But this one has light sabers.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I cant get past level 12 in that card game. I kill the dude then nothing happens.

Anyone else having this issue?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Well Black Friday's coming up so we're going to see a ton of sales this week. Right now Ducktales Remastered and several Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games are 50% off, Worms 3 and Gameloft hack and slash game Wild Blood are 99 cents, and anyone with a NVIDIA Shield device can grab a couple of games including Portal and Half Life 2 for half price.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Holy poo poo, Mabinogi Duel is really good. At least, so far. Really nice production value.

Add me if you're playing - IGN RapnerSA.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I've found a pretty good line-up to power through levels in Soda Dungeon. Using 3 Knights, a healer and a thief; equip them all with the item that makes them immune to effects of monster attacks and whatever armour / shields you have that increase their Evade stat. I've used this group to go from Level 1 to Level 185 in a single run and it's good for farming money and items as well as killing lower level bosses (level 100 and 200 done so far).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

overseer07 posted:

Did you turn Auto Equip off completely, or did you set it to ask?

Yep. Is it any table with food or with a specific food on it?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

twistedmentat posted:

Yep. Is it any table with food or with a specific food on it?

Your kitchen is at least level 7, right? Just needs to be a soda jerk sitting at a table with food. It's not a 100% chance though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dirk the Average posted:

Your kitchen is at least level 7, right? Just needs to be a soda jerk sitting at a table with food. It's not a 100% chance though.

I've upgraded everything in the inn. And that's probably it, I just haven't managed to hit the rng to get one.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I think at this point a Soda Dungeon thread is a good idea.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
It has nothing to do with food, I've had several without food. You just need a high level kitchen and have auto equip off instead of ask.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Rapner posted:

I think at this point a Soda Dungeon thread is a good idea.

It's the flavor of the moment but there's no real deep meta game to it beyond 'optimal configurations' and 'how do I beat this boss'. It's just an idle game and I'm sure it'll get forgotten soon enough.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I see the Dinner Boys have great starting stats, but are they any different besides that? I am guessing they get the bonus from the soda junkie relic?

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

The Duggler posted:

I see the Dinner Boys have great starting stats, but are they any different besides that? I am guessing they get the bonus from the soda junkie relic?

They come equipped with the fork, which is an excellent weapon.

pnau
Aug 20, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

It's the flavor of the moment but there's no real deep meta game to it beyond 'optimal configurations' and 'how do I beat this boss'. It's just an idle game and I'm sure it'll get forgotten soon enough.

Indeed it will be forgotten soon however for now its heaps of fun. I just hit warrior dimension so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get bored with the game.

I guess if the developers regularly added endgame content it could hold users interest for a while longer.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I appreciate that, but we've made threads before after 1 page of spam. What are we up to now for Soda Hero? 7?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Make a separate thread if you want a separate thread.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Remember when that Kill Me Again game was the best game? Good times. Any opinions on The Shadow Sun?
Not new but never heard of it until now which is odd.

e: Also even though I have grumped about idler/PAD games in this very thread I still check out every flavor of the week game mentioned :negative:

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I've upgraded everything in the inn. And that's probably it, I just haven't managed to hit the rng to get one.

One other thing that I've noticed is that they don't seem to spawn after you've purchased sodas in a given dimension (so you will probably only have access to them during your first run or so). They'll show up if you've permanently unlocked a class through IAP, but you can't have any sodas active.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
No, they'll spawn no matter sodas you have, IAP or otherwise, it just takes a lot longer if you have the other 10 classes getting in the way.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

YggiDee posted:

No, they'll spawn no matter sodas you have, IAP or otherwise, it just takes a lot longer if you have the other 10 classes getting in the way.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the correction.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, that's why the first thing I do in each dimension is get my forks. :v:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

O__O posted:

Okay you were right =-( It is turn based, and that part is cool but it's otherwise the same. You don't even get to make interesting gear choices. It's the same fill the slots with these specific items from these specific places to upgrade your tier system. And even has the hero pieces + summons, and the summons that can given you junk instead of characters (or just pieces instead). Ah well. I might play it occasionally but it's just real bad compared to Summoners War. Shame.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
For what is normally an extremely dead-rear end thread people sure like to complain when folks actually post in here. The Soda Hero poo poo is actual discussion unlike pages of "here's my friend code" so it really shouldn't be a big deal.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is anyone here who I could possible talk into making a little translation guide for Blue Sky Squadron?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Geektox posted:

For what is normally an extremely dead-rear end thread people sure like to complain when folks actually post in here. The Soda Hero poo poo is actual discussion unlike pages of "here's my friend code" so it really shouldn't be a big deal.

"HOW DO I GET FORK??????" for four pages is not Actual Discussion.

Though the rest of the stuff is fine.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

"HOW DO I GET FORK??????" for four pages is not Actual Discussion.

Though the rest of the stuff is fine.

Getting forked makes up much of the grown-up conversation in my everyday life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Please make discussion of Android games extremely illegal in this thread. thanks