Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vorik posted:

what's better this or NV

This is prettier NV has better writing. This one is a lot more of a rail shooter than the other Fallouts. Depends what you like I guess. If the thing you like is a coherent plot and decent storytelling, go with NV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vorik posted:

what's better this or NV

How much do you hate newspapers?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ironslave posted:

They also have an open recruitment process with the Wastelanders, who--given their location and general troubles--probably don't find it hard to see the guys exterminating feral ghouls and cannibal super mutants and psychotic raiders as bad, their policy on eradicating non-human sentients and technology-hoarding notwithstanding.

They also seem to have a whole indoctrination process where people are already writing the illustrious Legend of Herr Maxson's youth and his glorious dream of uniting mankind under his gentle yet wrathful hand, so people who aren't too mutated from human and want to "Fight the Good Fight" will casually allow the same purge that Diamond City did of its previous ghoul population if it could mean better poo poo for them someday. They even almost have a stabbed-in-the-back myth going on with the previous elder's policy that only will take another generation before the outcasts say Lyons nearly killed the Brotherhood by caring about outsiders!

Oh gently caress, we need to also go back to DC just to see if ol' Three Dog is still brown nosing the Brotherhood post Lyons. They probably had him carted off and killed, but you know. We need to find his shallow grave and a holodisk of him getting killed mid howl.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 24, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crabtree posted:

Oh gently caress, we need to also go back to DC just to see if ol' Three Dog is still brown nosing the Brotherhood post Lyons. They probably had him carted off and killed, but you know. We need to find his shallow grave and a holodisk of him getting killed mid howl.

I'd prefer if he was still around, a broken shell of a man being forced to broadcast Maxson's truth.

This is Three-Dog <half hearted howl>, telling the truth, no matter how much it hurts <quiet sobs>

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

lol if you don't think three dog won't be leading an underground resistance against the nazi brotherhood or something equally stupid

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

The real twist would have been learning that your son was Three Dog and he was murdered a while back in the DC Wasteland with Abraham Lincoln's rifle.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I am experiencing some hardcore chugging in Boston proper. Anytime I try to move my sightline around it just chops and stops for a while until it loads whatever it's trying to load. I don't have any issues inside buildings or in the wasteland outside Boston, but inside the city it's almost unplayable. Any ideas?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Azhais posted:

I'd prefer if he was still around, a broken shell of a man being forced to broadcast Maxson's truth.

This is Three-Dog <half hearted howl>, telling the truth, no matter how much it hurts <quiet sobs>

Or he's become a total establishment Brotherhood Rush Limbagh and talks about those filthy Boston Institute freaks or how kids these days don't know how good they got it just wasting all the aqua pura and caring about mutie rights or what not.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
The Brotherhood is really fuckin' stupid though. Hydrogen? loving hydrogen?! You guys not only flew in on a hydrogen balloon, but you then didn't proceed to land it, and then loving headquartered on it? Fuckers deserved what they got.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crabtree posted:

Or he's become a total establishment Brotherhood Rush Limbagh and talks about those filthy Boston Institute freaks or how kids these days don't know how good they got it just wasting all the aqua pura and caring about mutie rights or what not.

They should get Limbaugh to be the next "Voice of the Enclave" radio guy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ironslave posted:

The Brotherhood is really fuckin' stupid though. Hydrogen? loving hydrogen?! You guys not only flew in on a hydrogen balloon, but you then didn't proceed to land it, and then loving headquartered on it? Fuckers deserved what they got.

I was hoping it would slowly fly through boston instead of staying in one place :saddowns:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

frajaq posted:

I was hoping it would slowly fly through boston instead of staying in one place :saddowns:

The game already chugs trying to load up all the poo poo you build into the settlements. It's probably just too much effort and we already have vertabirds just swinging around and then crashing on top of you mid conversation.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crabtree posted:

The game already chugs trying to load up all the poo poo you build into the settlements. It's probably just too much effort and we already have vertabirds just swinging around and then crashing on top of you mid conversation.

But you could have random Prydwyns crashing around you instead!

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Having fun with melee. Early in the game against ghouls in Lexington and Cambridge I was having trouble with ammo so I pulled out my tire iron and never went back. Is it true that the final perk of Big Leagues is bugged?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

frajaq posted:

Maybe they should've tried flying higher up than can easily be shot by random Super Mutants. Or Gunners who actually have decent firepower.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I just met X6 after fast traveling, even though Danse was my current companion and X6 was parked at the Castle. He took out a sentry bot solo and walked on. Not sure how or why he was there, but pretty cool all the same.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
My favorite part about the Prydwen is wearing Power Armor and jumping off of it. Heck of an entrance.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

My favorite part about the Prydwen is wearing Power Armor and jumping off of it. Heck of an entrance.

Did you check the terminal in the lower level of the ship?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

My favorite part of the Prydwen is using it to nuke Boston airport from the air.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

frajaq posted:

Not... yet...

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

frajaq posted:

Do share?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Phrasing posted:

Having fun with melee. Early in the game against ghouls in Lexington and Cambridge I was having trouble with ammo so I pulled out my tire iron and never went back. Is it true that the final perk of Big Leagues is bugged?

As someone that just one shotted a mirelurk queen with a sledge hammer, melee is awesome!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

jerkstore77 posted:

There is a panoramic of the Golden Gate bridge during the Kellog dream sequence thingy. Didnt they say if they did a sequel, that it would be west coast?

I'd hate to see Bethesda do anything on the west coast, they'll gently caress it up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The West Coast is done as a story setting, and was done as a story setting even before New Vegas came around.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Let's just say you aren't the only one in universe that thinks its fun.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess the DLC will take place after the end of the main quest? The stuff you do with / to the Institute seems like it might be hard to account for. Although if the DLC is a totally separate location, they could just ignore the MQ wholesale (that would be for the better, definitely).

MisterBibs posted:

The West Coast is done as a story setting, and was done as a story setting even before New Vegas came around.

You are insanely stupid.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

You are insanely stupid.
do not continue to touch the poop

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
I really enjoy Preston as a character. He just tearfully told me how he was ready to die after the collapse of the Minutemen, not by suicide but by lack of self-preservation. I then failed to sleep with him but right as he was rejecting me a deathclaw attacked Starlight and he said "well, we ought to get back to it." The deathclaw exploded because of bloody mess.

:clint:

EDIT: I should probably give him the Minuteman General outfit

AgentJR fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 25, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Azhais posted:

But you could have random Prydwyns crashing around you instead!

All I can think of after your statement is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-0QTObg-M

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

2house2fly posted:

I got a file not found thing. Maybe the mod was too awesome for the Nexus?
It's probably a copyright violation to put assets from other games in a mod.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Azhais posted:

They should get Limbaugh to be the next "Voice of the Enclave" radio guy

Imagine a group of neo-enclave in stars and stripes painted X-01 while Limbaugh screams over eyebot broadcasts about how poor people are stealing our caps and they should just power-bootstraps their way to success and fame like the rest of the plasma gun wielding True Americans.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This game is a lot like that scene in "Go West" with Groucho Marx shouting "timbers! timbers!".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlVoZgM4fgI

Is a game that is both losing steam and burning everything in the genre to continue forward and fast. You don't notice, until it ends, that is not really a good game.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I've run into a really frustrating situation. The game ran buttery smooth, until I decided to try and install some mods. Nothing major, just wanted to do the craftable ammo mod and that extra menu mod that lets you turn off movies with one click. Launched the game, and now it's running around 30 fps or less, whereas before I was getting 60. Game takes longer to load and the mouse moves sluggishly too. Uninstalled the mods, same deal. Reset cfgs, same deal. Thought, maybe it's a coincidence, and something got broken in my system. Reinstalled drivers, the game, everything, same loving issue. It's drat near unplayable now. Loaded some other graphic intense games and they all play fine, so it doesn't look like my hardware is dying. Anyone have any ideas?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

It's been a long time, but for whoever was asking about gatling lasers - you can definitely get them as a random drop from pretty much anything. I got one that does bleed damage from a ghoul recently. It also shreds pretty much everything even worse than the wounding shotgun.

Lollerich posted:

It's probably a copyright violation to put assets from other games in a mod.

There's no problem with it as long as there's permission along the way (like the Witcher armor sets in Skyrim mods). It seems a little odd considering Bethesda owns the rights to the entire franchise, including Fallout 1 and 2. Maybe some weirdness with wherever the sound assets came from.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Melted_Igloo posted:

I play on an old 1TB hard drive (which was pretty fast for its time)
The load times seem the same, I think gamebyro is just a horrible engine for open world games

Witcher 3 even had better load times when loading an entire continent of stuff

RBA Starblade posted:

Got the game onto my ssd, if anything the load time seems worse now. Oh well.

ONE WEIRD TIP TO IMPROVE YOUR LOADING TIMES

Don't play in Fullscreen with ingame vsync! Use Borderless Windowed, or remove vsync/uncap framerate some other way. For some reason switching from fullscreen to Borderless Windowed reduced my loading times from 60 seconds to under 20. There might be other bugs with uncapped framerates/vsync off, but I haven't noticed any major bugs with playing in Borderless Windowed mode.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Thanks, you know what, that was it. I guess it had gotten unticked with the mod fuckery and I had forgotten I had it ticked before.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I like how my Red Rocket turned out. I just wish the building interface wasn't so drat clunky and there wasn't a limit on how much you can build.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Anyone have any ideas for what to do with Somerville Place? The terrain is so uneven I feel like trying to wall it off will just be one long headachey slog.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I got to a level where I figured I should be finding T51 armor, so I pulled up a map of power frame locations and went to get one. Bumped into a Brotherhood of Steel patrol on the way, killed them, and got T60b instead. Well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

How do weapons that need to charge work in VATS? Is it assumed you max charge?
At least with the Gauss Rifle every VATS shot does full charge damage.

• Locked thread