Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir John Eh
Feb 27, 2007
They say Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, but I should have that title

Frosted Flake posted:

Does anyone know if the hotline that was supposed to be set up after Op Honour is up and running yet?

AFAIK its like M-F, 0800-1600(Ottawa time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Before I embarrass myself: drawing dicks on the new female LT's whiteboard for weeks is not okay - right?

I'm not sure what's playful hazing and what's not okay but she's pretty upset about it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Frosted Flake posted:

Before I embarrass myself: drawing dicks on the new female LT's whiteboard for weeks is not okay - right?

I'm not sure what's playful hazing and what's not okay but she's pretty upset about it.

:doh:

Wait for the fun when some moron tries to defend himself with "But vaginas are harder to draw, Ma'am".

The SMRC number is 844-750-1648, and they're open from 7-5 M-F, or you can email them from the DWAN at +SMRC.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
1145pm

The Call? No heat.

It's 12 degrees outside, still 18 degrees inside the house, windows closed up. Occupant not happy with the current situation, and won't try reset procedures (Or maybe she said she did, its been a while). Brings up the fact she has a baby and the tenancy act. (Please don't bring up kids or the tenancy act; kids don't matter in our assessments - yes its dickish, sorry - and I'm fairly certain that the tenancy act doesn't apply to federal housing/land)

Okay, whatever, I don't want anyone getting in trouble so occupant is told someone will call ASAP. Contractor is "sent" in less than 20 minutes.

2 hours go by, occupant calls back. Now she's really pissed, and complaining that we didn't do anything, etc.

CFHA: "Ma'am, we sent a contractor very shortly after the original call"

Occ: "I don't answer calls from -Private- phone numbers"

:aaaaa:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

2 hours go by, occupant calls back. Now she's really pissed, and complaining that we didn't do anything, etc.

CFHA: "Ma'am, we sent a contractor very shortly after the original call"

Occ: "I don't answer calls from -Private- phone numbers"

:aaaaa:

Seems like a failure on your part. Did you inform her the contractor would be calling her? It's not unreasonable to not pick up a call from someone you don't know at 11:50 PM. If the contractor couldn't find the house he should be calling the people who dispatched him to the house.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Seems like a failure on your part. Did you inform her the contractor would be calling her? It's not unreasonable to not pick up a call from someone you don't know at 11:50 PM. If the contractor couldn't find the house he should be calling the people who dispatched him to the house.

Occ was told she would receive a call asap. CFHA contractors dont usually go to houses if they dont get in touch with the occ first, to prevent wasting their time if the occ fixes the issue themselves or they are away.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Maybe ASAP is too vague? I dunno. Either way, there were definitely some screwups with that call on all sides.

I once got bitched out by a guy who had a broken fridge at 2am, because I wouldnt send a contractor immediately. :shrug:

Oh, I remember one guy starting a fire in his house because he had a lit candle underneath his coats in a closet. Guess what happened :downs:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Well, they made a dick out of magnets on her board this week which is at least creative.

Outrage on Facebook over Syrian refugees on base over xmas. I guess they're staying in the shacks?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I've heard that's the plan. I can't see then being any less popular in St Jean than any of the actual troops.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

What better way to integrate those escaping a war-ravaged land into Canadian society than greeting them with bigotry and racism? Maybe if we marginalize and castigate them hard enough we can have our own bank of second generation home grown radicals all the while playing into Daesh's ploy of causing an already disenfranchised group to feel more isolated.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I'm seriously tempted to go down to YOW with a banner that says "WE WELCOME YOU" in Arabic but I'd probably spell it wrong or get hauled off for threatening an airport or something.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

flakeloaf posted:

I'm seriously tempted to go down to YOW with a banner that says "WE WELCOME YOU" in Arabic but I'd probably spell it wrong or get hauled off for threatening an airport or something.

You gotta get past the taxi drivers first. Good luck!

I'll bring donuts if you decide to go

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Lol Kingston is kicking out a bunch of RMC bellboys and CFSMI nerds for refugees. This story keeps getting better.

Especially the Facebook Veteran Supporters community getting all outraged because are jerks

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

Some people in Calgary did this when a group of refugees landed, minus the Arabic but plus some toys and gifts for the families and their children. I thought it was pretty cool they did that, especially given all the crazy that was happening leading up to the election (and is still going on south of the border).

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
News hit that CAF are going to be deployed abroad to assist in screening. I really hope when they mean CAF they mean like, CI, MPs, maybe Int or something right? They're not deploying loving 3VP to interview refugees right?

"Okay buds, listen up, fill out these loving forms and then take a knee and punch yourself in the face"

Ruse
Dec 16, 2005

Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds!
I lol'ed. Picturing a bunch of RMS clerks having them fill out forms that they will lose and create a shitstorm of paperwork which will in turn cause us to lose PLD. This time fo realz yo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Scene: a refugee camp in Greece/Italy/turkey

Enter our protagonist: Cpl Bloggins, a reservist RMS clerk. Mid 30s, works entry-level IT and a full-blown alcoholic

He sits down at a desk in a Mod tent and begins the arduous process of booting up a 10 year old Toughbook.

Outside the tent, a line of thousands form.

He smiles to himself as the Toughbook crashes for the first of many times this day, thinking of that sweet class c money.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 25, 2015

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Class C*

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

THIS IS MY (self insertion) STORY DONT CORRECT ME

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST

MA-Horus posted:

Scene: a refugee camp in Greece/Italy/turkey

Enter our protagonist: Cpl Bloggins, a reservist RMS clerk. Mid 30s, works entry-level IT and a full-blown alcoholic

He sits down at a desk in a Mod tent and begins the arduous process of booting up a 10 year old Toughbook.

Outside the tent, a line of thousands form.

He smiles to himself as the Toughbook crashes for the first of many times this day, thinking of that sweet class c money.

Oh god, I hadn't even considered the Reservist RMS Clerks who could be involved instead, somehow I thought the worst case scenario would be to send a bunch of Patricia's.

If 3VP headed it there'll be a 200% increase in injury rates in the refugee camp from Crossfit

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 2, 2022

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Facebook outrage is hilarious.

I just wonder if the refugees will qualify to set records at the Kingston gym. I always wanted my name on that wall, but gently caress doing 300 push-ups or whatever.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Yesss my Ottawa-based pretties, post this poo poo from your work computers. I hunger.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

DrakeriderCa posted:

Lol Kingston is kicking out a bunch of RMC bellboys and CFSMI nerds for refugees. This story keeps getting better.

What's happening with them, anyway? Are they just being moved to other buildings or off base entirely?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

What's happening with them, anyway? Are they just being moved to other buildings or off base entirely?

Mostly other building from what I've heard on fb

You know, scattered between the hundreds of loving memes and post about how TURDEAU HATES THE TROOPS

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Glad I deleted Facebook, all it did was make me lose respect for pretty much everybody I ever knew.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Maybe we can outsource the screening of refugees to the same half-assed, 'YES I AM TOTALLY A NATIVE INGLISH SPEAKER DO NOT MIND MY ODD GRAMMAR' services that we use for recruiting. Never mind getting 25k in by the end of the year, we'd be luck to even see the first one by next fiscal.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

scaper exile posted:

Yeah I have to replace mine pretty soon the right sole is flapping in the wind...I have it jury rigged with nails just so I don't feel like such a hobo.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

I figured the whole reason they grew beards was to protect them from the salt :confused:

It's actually a throw back to both British Navy sodomy and the 70's when bushes were hairy; a facehole with a full beard better simulates a vag.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Dingleberry posted:

It's actually a throw back to both British Navy sodomy and the 70's when bushes were hairy; a facehole with a full beard better simulates a vag.

Also British women had more teeth in their vag than their mouths :v:

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!
Well, recently finished Phase II in Moose Jaw. While it was certainly much, much more challenging than Phase I my sense of relief hasn't been as overwhelming. Presumably because it was such a long haul that I got a fairly good handle on what they want, and what I could do, a while back. I can tell you, I just don't give a gently caress what the weather is doing tomorrow, the next day, or next week.

The biggest secret: don't gently caress up the same thing twice. Or, at least gently caress it up in a new and wondrous way - that, though, is risky strategy.

The testing evaluations are the worst. Finish the trip, wait around for a loooong time while the Snapper (standards) "goes upstairs" and you stew on every little mistake. Wait, did the Snapper just grab the flight commander to sit in on the debrief because he's the only available instructor, or did I loving fail...?

Anyway, now I sit and wait an indeterminate period for a Phase III course. Thanks, Seneca program.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Just wait till you get to a squadron or do a Flag scale exercise :v: I'm not even a pilot but the ratio of nutpunching tactical debrief:mission execution can be 2:1 or more (to say nothing of the mission planning side of things...). Even what seems like simple errors can blow up. Eg, we lost the war because the CAOC ate a scud because our strike package took too many losses to service their assigned targets because tac C2 was unable to provide adequate threat warning after sliding when an enemy sweeper made a HVAA run because SLAM73 mistakenly used banzai numbers on a skate timeline and wasn't able to effectively employ weapons on follow on factor groups. It only took four hours to reconstruct!

Congrats on finishing it though. What stream are you going? If anything other than fast air you can disregard that last paragraph.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 3, 2015

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!
Not going jet, changed my mind on that pretty immediately after arriving here. And I got to develop a real loathing of instrument flying while on course, so going helo, which should be a good fit.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Rotary air is an affront to gravity and good sense

Congrats, and good luck!

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.
helicopters are awesome and were the only thing that made me second guess being a grunt :3

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST

Barrakketh posted:

helicopters are awesome and were the only thing that made me second guess being a grunt :3

Really? The only thing?

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.
Ok, salsa omelette was the other.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
We had a FOO/FAC attached to us for an op overseas who had both his CF18 qualification or whatever and his rotary and he much preferred helicopters.

Flying around in helicopters is awesome.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Unless it's a Sea King

Then I would expect it's sheer unadulterated terror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Barrakketh posted:

Ok, salsa omelette was the other.

Don't you mean omelette with mushroom sauce?