Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If you press X within the Connection orb you can open a menu, and one of the options is the NEW List which lets you see what's new immediately.

On a completely unrelated but still Super PMD note, has anyone been able to beat Mewtwo? He can use Recover to get 900 HP back and it seems basically impossible to deal with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Alxprit posted:

If you press X within the Connection orb you can open a menu, and one of the options is the NEW List which lets you see what's new immediately.

Ah, thank you!

So is there any purpose to keeping Plain Seeds around? I know in GtI they had the Recycle Shop where you could turn Plain Seeds into another kind of seed, but I didn't know if that came back in some fashion or if there was some other reason to keep them.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

So is there any purpose to keeping Plain Seeds around? I know in GtI they had the Recycle Shop where you could turn Plain Seeds into another kind of seed, but I didn't know if that came back in some fashion or if there was some other reason to keep them.

You can exchange 100 of an item for a gold bar. This is also true for items that normally stack, like wands and rocks.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Ruggington posted:

arcanine doesn't do anything to sableye

sets up and kicks its rear end real nice with recovery to boot

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

I am Reverend posted:

I'm sure this thread will react reasonably and respectfully to the fact that they're suspecting Sablenite right now.

I peaked at the suspect test thread and sure enough there are people who think Sablenite should be banned because it makes it hard to get up hazards.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

korusan posted:

sets up and kicks its rear end real nice with recovery to boot

Sets up with what? Howl? Flame Charge?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Alxprit posted:

On a completely unrelated but still Super PMD note, has anyone been able to beat Mewtwo? He can use Recover to get 900 HP back and it seems basically impossible to deal with that.

Teach Heal Block to a Pokemon/bring a Pokemon that knows Heal Block maybe?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

hopeandjoy posted:

Teach Heal Block to a Pokemon/bring a Pokemon that knows Heal Block maybe?

"The boss recovers from bad statuses more quickly!" Plus, I can't predict WHEN he'll use it. I tried to pack Taunt to do something similar but it lasts for less than a turn most of the time.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Alxprit posted:

"The boss recovers from bad statuses more quickly!" Plus, I can't predict WHEN he'll use it. I tried to pack Taunt to do something similar but it lasts for less than a turn most of the time.

Bring Shedinja or Spiritomb and watch him weep. Oh, and bring a Ban Seed to stop Recovery. :unsmigghh:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

Bring Shedinja or Spiritomb and watch him weep. Oh, and bring a Ban Seed to stop Recovery. :unsmigghh:

I don't think I have a Ban Seed, but I guess that's the effect of Disable? Suppose that's an option. Could also keep him from using Barrier twice. I assume I can seal more than one move.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

Sets up with what? Howl? Flame Charge?

I mistakenly thought it got Swords Dance, my bad!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the flip, Perish Song still only gives a three turn leeway???

RedRupee
Feb 25, 2012

A Darumaka used Fire Fang on my partner, Totodile, and my character, Turtwig, decided to take the hit and I was left on 1hp with a burn. Why does the cover system do this to me? :negative:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

korusan posted:

I mistakenly thought it got Swords Dance, my bad!

in my dreams

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I spent my gold filling up my inventory with carbos and calcium for froakie and then I remembered how dumb greninja's walking animation is and now I'm desperately searching through my roster for something cute to blow these on

life is tough

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Don't walk-shame a Pokeman. Frog ninjas can't just crouch walk through whole dungeons, that's hell on their backs.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

he moves like strider hiryu or he doesn't move at all :colbert:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Apparently the Hidden Ability Starter events (both the Unova starters from download codes and Jotho starters from Pokemon Bank) are ending soon, so if you haven't got them already, you should before it's over.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Thoughts on Super Mystery Dungeon:

Having ranged or full-screen attacks is a must now. Almost all species get them, and without them, a teammate is dead weight. Anyone with easy access to several attacks that can hit from 4 tiles away/the whole room is instantly elevated up to being worthwhile.

Unevolved starters have garbage level up moves. Trade in your gold bars for decent TMs, it's worth it. I was stingy, and my Fennekin's moveset stayed identical from the start to the game to the credit roll.

Emeras are a much better substitute for the IQ system in Explorers and a more inconsistent, but more exciting replacement for the team passive abilities in Gates. Great refinement of those systems.

As I suspected, Gates seems to have been made to lay down the foundation for this game. It must have been a tremendous amount of effort, drawing all the portraits and modeling all 720 Pokémon and their variants. Gates had a tiny selection, and it didn't feel finished.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

According to Super Mystery Dungeon, Torrent is a better ability than Protean. I have no clue where they got this idea, especially considering that Mystery Dungeon punishes being at low health.

Is there any way to make it so that I have a hidden ability on the starter, because Hawlucha doesn't want to give me one.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

there are no hidden abilities as far as I'm aware

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

So, the option to change abilities is absolutely useless? Good to know.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

lol yeah it's not like pokemon naturally get abilities like adaptability, unburden, sand rush, mold breaker, prankster, defiant, contrary, no guard, iron fist, competetive, etccccccccccccccc

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

liepard with unburden pursuit is disgusting

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is anyone still familiar with the card game? As part of a giving tree I have a kid who wants some Pokemon cards. I don't want to get them the wrong set or anything. Any cool gift sets or anything out there?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Harlock posted:

Is anyone still familiar with the card game? As part of a giving tree I have a kid who wants some Pokemon cards. I don't want to get them the wrong set or anything. Any cool gift sets or anything out there?

i don't know anything about the card game but this one has mewtwo on the front so it probably owns

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I brought Hoopa with me to a dungeon and it ended up fainting. It said the bottle disappeared somewhere, but Hoopa doesn't seem to be back at the desert town. Is the bottle still in the dungeon where he fainted?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

i don't know anything about the card game but this one has mewtwo on the front so it probably owns

That's old as poo poo. Now we have BREAK! Evolutions where you put half of a card over another one to make it go Super Saiyan.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Nov 25, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Twelve by Pies posted:

I brought Hoopa with me to a dungeon and it ended up fainting. It said the bottle disappeared somewhere, but Hoopa doesn't seem to be back at the desert town. Is the bottle still in the dungeon where he fainted?

When that happened to me, he was in a different part of town.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rudoku posted:

That's old as poo poo. Now we have BREAK! Evolutions where you put half of a card over another one to make it go Super Saiyan.

That's badass

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Harlock posted:

Something like this or this should work fine. You can also look for other XY stuff, being XY Breakthrough the most recent expansion.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh hell yeah, sick

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Rudoku posted:

It's also a subtle hint as to which mons are never going to get Mega Evos imo (so they just give them Break Evos instead).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Joramun posted:

It's also a subtle hint as to which mons are never going to get Mega Evos imo (so they just give them Break Evos instead).

Yeah, like that time they made Charizard Psychic or whatever. The TCG gimmick mechanics are a clear representation of where GameFreak will bring the next games and I for one am glad to have a window of the future to peer on.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

So far they've given them exclusively to a dozen mons who don't have Mega Evos yet (like Raticate and Golduck) and deperately need something to keep up, so they just give them a golden sheen and a couple of stat and attack boosts and call it a day.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

on a similar note, it looks like they've given all break evolutions to fully evolved pokemon. look for exclusively NFE mega evos in gen 7 folks

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Countblanc posted:

Oh hell yeah, sick

i got this from a booster pack, neat

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

Harlock posted:

As already mentioned the latest set is BREAK, so look for that. Also, there are usually promo packs that net you 3 booster packs (30 cards total) and a special card that is unavailable other places. I think the promos this time are Sableye and Jirachi.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

oddium posted:

on a similar note, it looks like they've given all break evolutions to fully evolved pokemon. look for exclusively NFE mega evos in gen 7 folks

Don't worry, there's still over 400 fully-evolved ones left that don't have Mega or Break Evos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All the break cards are unplayable trash

• Locked thread