Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

thanks alot assbag posted:

Game seems to be down. What am I supposed to do with my time? OTHER things? Ugh.

ItBurns posted:

i'm still logging in and having a blast suck it nerds RIP GW2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Vargs posted:

It's a shame GW2 is such wasted potential because you're all mostly pretty cool dudes and dudettes who I like playing video games with.

Only reason I'm still playing tbh. I'm not at home right now to upload them, but I have a bunch of screenshots of some official forum thread where people were bitching about the time SFD put hundreds of guild banners up in LA. Those are the times I'll remember :allears:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Error Code: 42:0:9001:4419

Don't meme at me ANet :mad:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Check LFG occasionally for people taxi'ing to meta events in auric/dragon stand, you can find invites to tahrir/octovine and get credit on all 4 of the events for massive exp and then open 20+ chests worth a lot of gold and a hero challenge that will be zerged down at the end.

There's a map events timer here so you can tell the best time to look for taxis for each zone, too.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 25, 2015

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

There's a map events timer here so you can tell the best time to look for taxis for each zone, too.

I'm guessing at the start is the best time?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Guest2553 posted:

Only reason I'm still playing tbh. I'm not at home right now to upload them, but I have a bunch of screenshots of some official forum thread where people were bitching about the time SFD put hundreds of guild banners up in LA. Those are the times I'll remember :allears:

I remember that thread.

Bring back Goon Squid.

minus the walrus
Apr 8, 2007

I think the more I've been playing through the expansion content, the less fun I'm having...
I've been having a lot of fun playing with you guys, but when we're not doing anything I end up just idling in the guild hall or whatever instead of doing something productive. It just feels like they made so many lame decisions. Everything is so expensive now, and as someone who has poo poo luck with RNG, I'm pretty frustrated at the amount of time it would take to get enough money for Viper's armor on the characters I want to play as condi. That on top of the "find-a-taxi" annoyance of the new maps, plus watching WvW die a slow, sad death...Bleh.

I think them releasing a mini in the cash shop of the current final raid boss instead of having it drop as a reward from said boss is kind of telling, too.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
SFD is the only reason I still log into this game, like I was burnt out on it before the expac but the expac has just made me dislike the game completely. So many dumb decisions it's mind boggling that the original Gw2 is as good as it is. Edit: or was I guess, they kinda gutted it a bit.

Anyways, "Now we are going to put banners in your house" makes me smile every time.

about month ago this happened randomly when I walked by some guy.

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 25, 2015

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Karl L posted:

The grind is real and its becoming a nightmare.

A Nightmare...court? :goku:

I've barely done anything at level 80 and don't have the expansion, so GW2 is still cool to log in randomly and play an alt or whatever. I do wish they'd rebalance WvW so it scaled the hp of enemies/forts down if there are only a few players nearby, so off-peak hours can still do events. I don't even bother going into WvW anymore :(

FF14 sucks more though, and you can't even create an alt on a server because afk'ers are never kicked. Square is dum. At least combat in GW2 is still pretty cool, each button does like 4 things depending on spec.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 25, 2015

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
How long have the login servers been down for so far?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

At least 40 minutes by my count.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Anet just tweeted they don't have an ETA yet for bringing them back online.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Please send ANet encouraging tweets and Reddit posts so they'll turn the game back on, the poor response to HoT has left them despondent.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Look anet I need to be carried through fractals and you're screwing it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Servers are back up but the "You are not in a guild." bug is back. If the game tells you that open your friends list, go to invisible status, then back to online, and that should fix it.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Put gliding in the lower level maps and I will forgive them any sin at all. Free handies for everyone who makes it happen. You have to fly me to the usa for those though.

I mean if they're worried people will use them to cheese certain fights (ie, bosses who use ground effects) give the boss an attack that targets anyone gliding around them (it's not like you can attack while gliding can you?)

Then I can casually zoom around maps I rarely bother to go near. I like farting around doing whatever events pop up. I'm not into hard core raids or maps full of things that kick my rear end so I spend the whole time running from safe area to safe area not able to enjoy the scenery. I wanna glider around Timberline. I wonder if there's a glider mod in Skyrim...

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I'm assuming you haven't done any actual gliding because it really doesn't work like that.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Tambaloneus posted:

I wonder if there's a glider mod in Skyrim...

DLC let's you ride dragons around, and mods let you shift into a dragon at-will, if that's close enough.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

jjac posted:

I'm assuming you haven't done any actual gliding because it really doesn't work like that.

i am going to glide from the bottom of verdant brink to the top!!!!!!

Aug 24, 2011

i have asked Arena NET about the guild insignia hopefully in a few hours they will tell me to gently caress off

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Aw man, good times.

Glad I'm stuck at work while the game's dead, rip

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Visidan posted:

Excuse me HoT has Stronghold.

As I said, not even close. Stronghold is a sad joke. Alliance Battles were awesome.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Well, I for one am still having fun (especially since I figured out what was blocking my TP access) :smith:

Edit: but I'm also an idiot and left my charging cord for my laptop at home when I went to my parents for the holiday.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Well, I for one am still having fun (especially since I figured out what was blocking my TP access) :smith:

Edit: but I'm also an idiot and left my charging cord for my laptop at home when I went to my parents for the holiday.

That's unfortunate. You'll be glad to know that my laptop is plugged in securely though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao, remember when people (like me) were wary about an out of the box $50 price tag. i'm pretty sure eye of the north for gw1 actually had at least twice the content and was like $30 at max. i'm still kinda enjoying heart of thorns stuff, but believe me when i say that i'm glad i didn't dump $100 on a mediocre game expansion.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

S-sure.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

lmao, remember when people (like me) were wary about an out of the box $50 price tag. i'm pretty sure eye of the north for gw1 actually had at least twice the content and was like $30 at max. i'm still kinda enjoying heart of thorns stuff, but believe me when i say that i'm glad i didn't dump $100 on a mediocre game expansion.

Has more content than Warlords of Draenor, tbh.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

My desire to play has gone down significantly since the release of the expansion, largely for the reasons other people have noted. It's a shame, because I like a lot of things about the new areas, such as the verticality and the dangerous, untamed feel.

When I think about it, I think my biggest issue is the focus on meta-events in the new areas. Silverwastes and Dry Top at least gave you some breathing room to wander and explore the maps, but everything in the HoT ones feels so scripted and constantly forcing you forward. I feel like I'm somehow missing out if I slow down and take time to explore the maps... either you're grinding events, or you're not getting rewards. Feels bad, man.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing I really, really, really dislike in the raid right now, is that the asura racial technobabble, a instant 3 second daze, can trivialize bosses breakbars, which makes me feel like I rolled the wrong race because of one skill I can't use that's better then anything else I have on my classes utilitys when it comes to breaking the bar.

I wouldn't mind racial skills being disabled in raids, or technobabble changed.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

ExHumus posted:

Has more content than Warlords of Draenor, tbh.

That's not saying much.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Mizuti posted:

That's not saying much.

MMOs are dead.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

All that talk about disabling such and such consumables and RACIALS are usable? Wow.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

One thing I really, really, really dislike in the raid right now, is that the asura racial technobabble, a instant 3 second daze, can trivialize bosses breakbars, which makes me feel like I rolled the wrong race because of one skill I can't use that's better then anything else I have on my classes utilitys when it comes to breaking the bar.

Tell everyone else in your raid to stop being lazy and hit their CCs if it's enough a problem you're considering Technobabble.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't even know why racial skills existed in the first place. poo poo like that really only works in, you know, mmos that actually give stuff like that weight. if there were actual, tangible differences between the races in gw2 then unique skills would be interesting, but there isn't and they're not.

i don't know, if this was dark age of camelot or whatever the hell that we were talking about then it would make sense. right now they just exist as this wart that hearkens back to years ago when the core game was still crufty as gently caress compared to now.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

jjac posted:

Like what? Here's how it works when I do it. Find tall place to jump off. Press space until gliding. Try to find updraft. Fail to find updraft. Fall into giant crevasse. Even if the updrafts aren't added to the other maps I don't care, one of the masteries supposedly slows stamina bar thing down unless you're doing whatever "turn skills" are, haven't got that far yet. I'd be happy finding mountains to jump off just to glide around pretty maps and drop in on events I come across. Unless by actual gliding you mean in real life because laffo son I have done loving NOTHING in real life I don't think I've been above sea level most of my life.

If you ever see a news headline that reads "fat idiot crashes glider into electrical sub-station" that'll be me gliding in real life.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Tell everyone else in your raid to stop being lazy and hit their CCs if it's enough a problem you're considering Technobabble.

As a class like elementalist, they really have a lovely selection of utility skills and technobabble blows everything short of deepfreeze out of the water, and you can use both at the same time and technobabble doesn't have a 1 second windup with 300 more range.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Hey, so, guys I said I'd send dye packs to a while back. I did that, finally. Khora, FriedChickenKnight and Amante check your mailboxes~

Did you know message suppression adds up the more mail you send? I didn't, but I do now. After waiting 5 minutes between mails. I just wanted to send mail full of dyes to my guildmates Anet :argh:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

As a class like elementalist, they really have a lovely selection of utility skills and technobabble blows everything short of deepfreeze out of the water, and you can use both at the same time and technobabble doesn't have a 1 second windup with 300 more range.
You also have 9 more people in your raid group, some of whom will have better options for breaking those bars than you.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Instant 3 second daze on a 45 sec cooldown is a pretty big chunk of the breakbar and not all classes have better options then that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Counterpoint: you'd have to play a loving asura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

Dreggon posted:

i have asked Arena NET about the guild insignia hopefully in a few hours they will tell me to gently caress off

They told me to gently caress off

• Locked thread