Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Legends of Tomorrow Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LlmaFg0lw

All of the budgets went to this show lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not how TV works.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dexo posted:

That plot setup is completely ridiculous and makes no sense at all. I'm sold.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Step aside, Superman. This looks like a job for White Canary!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Step aside, Superman. This looks like a job for White Canary!

Superman only came back from the dead once.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aphrodite posted:

That's not how TV works.

I was 100% serious.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Dexo posted:

drat that looks fun.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Golden Bee posted:

1. They haven't used the Canary Cry
2. They haven't attacked him when he's unaware. If they know where his base is, just call in the Flash (as they did with Ra's), hit him indirectly (like every other time someone's caught an arrow and it exploded; make it blow up when he's showing off his telekinesis, hit him with a fire extinguisher blast, etc etc etc. Every Arrow villain of note was at some level immune to "shooting arrows at him").

1. The Canary Cry is a tool used to shatter glass and disorient random goons for about 20 seconds. Random cops with specialized gear were able to figure out how to get around it. How exactly do you think it will be used to somehow trump a powerful sorcerer?

2. I'm sure that something along those lines will be discovered as a way to defeat him eventually, but right now they don't have enough information as to what he can do and how so anything along those lines could backfire. They haven't dealt with a literal sorcerer before, even the most powerful villains of note who could get past "shoot arrows at him" so far (like Malcolm and Ra's Al Ghul) haven't used those tactics and have just relied on nothing but reflexes and A+ martial arts skills. For all they know, if they randomly send Barry after him, Dahrk could just catch him in a telekinesis choke-hold immediately and snap his neck, and thus they have haphazardly eliminated the most powerful being on the force of good on the entire planet. And I'm pretty sure Dahrk has demonstrated more than enough ability to be able to get around trick weapons like an exploding arrow or a fire extinguisher or whatnot. This is an entity with mystical powers the likes of which they haven't even remotely dealt with before, it would be foolish to just bum-rush his location at this point in time and hope that whatever random gadgets they have on hand are enough to do the trick. Hell, they don't even know if he has somehow found some sort of magical solution to be able to be impervious to gunshot wounds or anything like that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The latest probably fake Latino Review rumor is that they're casting Black Canary for Justice League, with eventual plans for a Birds of Prey movie.

If it does end up being true at least Barry will have company on Earth-Embargo.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It's amazing how far Arrow has come. 3 years ago, Arrow was this grounded low-budget Nolan Batman ripoff trying to find its feet, and now, in addition to ushering in an avalanche of comic-book shows, its spawning a spinoff about a man with a shrinking suit, 2 hawk people, criminals with a heat gun and a cold gun, a reanimated corpse, and two people who fuse into a flying, fire-throwing man hopping in a space ship to to travel through time and stop an immortal man. This is after a speedster threw a supersonic punch to knock a super-intelligent gorilla through a breach that leads to Gorilla City on Earth-2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TyrantWD posted:

It's amazing how far Arrow has come. 3 years ago, Arrow was this grounded low-budget Nolan Batman ripoff trying to find its feet, and now, in addition to ushering in an avalanche of comic-book shows, its spawning a spinoff about a man with a shrinking suit, 2 hawk people, criminals with a heat gun and a cold gun, a reanimated corpse, and two people who fuse into a flying, fire-throwing man hopping in a space ship to to travel through time and stop an immortal man. This is after a speedster threw a supersonic punch to knock a super-intelligent gorilla through a breach that leads to Gorilla City on Earth-2.

Also man that is a shark

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aphrodite posted:

The latest probably fake Latino Review rumor is that they're casting Black Canary for Justice League, with eventual plans for a Birds of Prey movie.

If it does end up being true at least Barry will have company on Earth-Embargo.

TW is going to kill their golden goose.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually Golden Goose is scheduled to appear in the Suicide Squad sequel and is now off limits.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Has it really got 9 principle characters? Arrow could barely handle, Ollie, Felicity, Digg, Thea, Laurel and whoever else was around without Roy being forgotten unconscious on a rooftop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but there's no parallel storylines in this one. All 9 characters are part of the same one.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Also a smaller run means they can have leaner plot arcs and story lines. It might not work but it might

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

TyrantWD posted:

Unfortunately, while the regular timeline has improved quite a bit, the flashbacks have regressed significantly. It's like the writers are stubbornly holding on to the "formula" instead of just ditching the flashbacks and focusing 100% on the present.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Also a smaller run means they can have leaner plot arcs and story lines. It might not work but it might

Most of the characters also had their intros and development finished so there's less need to have character development scenesfor those characters. The Hawks and Rip will obviously have an episode each focused on them but the others are pretty much settled.

It's nice to see Rory becoming a Time Lord though

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Tom Amandes has been cast as Calculator

Small spoilers on the link He's blackmailing Roy, forcing him to come out of retirement to his bidding

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Most of the characters also had their intros and development finished so there's less need to have character development scenesfor those characters. The Hawks and Rip will obviously have an episode each focused on them but the others are pretty much settled.

It's nice to see Rory becoming a Time Lord though

The Nurse becomes the Doctor.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

enraged_camel posted:

Unfortunately, while the regular timeline has improved quite a bit, the flashbacks have regressed significantly. It's like the writers are stubbornly holding on to the "formula" instead of just ditching the flashbacks and focusing 100% on the present.

Yeah I'd prefer if the Flashbacks were ditched as well. Season 3 and 4 flashbacks haven't felt natural at all and have just felt shoe horned and retconned in to so the formula can stay relevant. There is enough going on in the world that we no longer need to see Ollie pre-arrow. I'd much rather see them take that time to flesh out some of side characters. Taking some of that time and dedicating it to Captain Lance for instant would be awesome. I'd be all in on getting to him working some relevant cases.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Yeah I'd prefer if the Flashbacks were ditched as well. Season 3 and 4 flashbacks haven't felt natural at all and have just felt shoe horned and retconned in to so the formula can stay relevant. There is enough going on in the world that we no longer need to see Ollie pre-arrow. I'd much rather see them take that time to flesh out some of side characters. Taking some of that time and dedicating it to Captain Lance for instant would be awesome. I'd be all in on getting to him working some relevant cases.

I assume the flashbacks are leading somewhere at least vaguely connected to Dahrk or HIVE, but it's obviously taking its sweet time getting there. The pacing between flashbacks is okay though at least.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

enraged_camel posted:

I still want the flashbacks to continue until we're literally showing Season 1 episodes, complete with original flashbacks.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Chokes McGee posted:

I still want the flashbacks to continue until we're literally showing Season 1 episodes, complete with original flashbacks.

Now with extra Roy!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Tom Amandes has been cast as Calculator

Small spoilers on the link He's blackmailing Roy, forcing him to come out of retirement to his bidding

Please be Felicidad also.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Chokes McGee posted:

The flashbacks are doing really well introducing characters that show up later, Constintine and Katana both wouldn't have worked without the flashbacks. I know he was a one off but her arc was really well done if you take it as a whole, it was just so god drat slow getting there. The problem is that they just don't have enough story to fill the flashbacks like they did in season 1 and 2 so they're taking material that could cover maybe half a season flashback wise and stretching it out to where it's just annoying. I think they add a lot of character growth, now that they've gotten rid of the wig, to both Ollie and these other people but they need to either not do them every episode or find more story to tell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The wig's coming back, he still has to grow that glorious mop from the pilot.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rejutka posted:

Now with extra Roy!

In the background of every flashback somewhere is a digitally-inserted Roy flipping off of something for no reason. Including the flashbacks-within-flashbacks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TyrantWD posted:

All the jokes in the S2 thread about Ollie vs Darkseid for S5 could still be proven true!

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Jokes on all of you when they find the Anti Life Equation on the Island at the midseason break of season 5.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Chokes McGee posted:

In the background of every flashback somewhere is a digitally-inserted Roy flipping off of something for no reason. Including the flashbacks-within-flashbacks.

It works only if you see Roy quietly in the background of most of the season and then, like episode 17 or something, you see Roy flipping off mad stuff and using his foot to re-direct arrows into the Bad Guy.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Someone mentioned before that the flashbacks were meant to continue for five seasons, which is what they thought the show would get. We're in for another season of this poo poo.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Pan Dulce posted:

Someone mentioned before that the flashbacks were meant to continue for five seasons, which is what they thought the show would get. We're in for another season of this poo poo.

Agreed, the only good flashbacks belonged to that sniper guy.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Chokes McGee posted:

The Season 6 flashbacks can be filling in on what we missed while we were seeing the original flashbacks back in season 1. All those times they cut away from Oliver for flashbacks, what were we missing in present day?

We just get to watch Thea and Diggle and Tommy go all :sigh: while Oliver goes full thousand mile PTSD stare for several minutes until he snaps back to reality. Over and over and over.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They'll do flashforwards, duh. Eventually we'll realise that everyone in the flashforwards died and is in purgatory.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rarity posted:

All the jokes in the S2 thread about Ollie vs Darkseid for S5 could still be proven true!

An Ollie/Darkseid battle isn't the same without Roy there doing his own kickflips.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

You guys have it all wrong - Darkseid will be next season's villain on the Flash, and they'll use Trigon for Arrow S5

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

punchymcpunch posted:

They'll do flashforwards, duh. Eventually we'll realise that everyone in the flashforwards died and is in purgatory.

Not somebody make the Arrow logo into this :lost:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

Please be Felicidad also.

MildShow posted:

You guys have it all wrong - Darkseid will be next season's villain on the Flash, and they'll use Trigon for Arrow S5

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MildShow posted:

Not sure Star City is ready for Ollie vs Vash

• Locked thread