Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Why cant I put the dot site from the combat rifle on any other weapon? I really dont like the slopped side one that is on everything.

Also we still need a mod that disables workshop placement collision, there is a hack for it but it uses cheat engine, id much rather have something in the game that just disables the drat thing.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

ubachung posted:

It feels like there should be more weapons that use .50 in this game, especially something semi/automatic. Level 4 Scrounger gives you more .50 ammo than you can realistically use and it seems really odd.

A .50 upgrade for the minigun would be terrific.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2605/

this edits or adds a .bsa file. Are those safe?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Let me loot the outfits from skeletons dammit! There are a ton of army helmets lying around and I want to give them to all my settlers.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Arcsquad12 posted:

Let me loot the outfits from skeletons dammit! There are a ton of army helmets lying around and I want to give them to all my settlers.
Nobody wants a haunted army helmet.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Capn Beeb posted:

Gatling-MiniNuke

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Kea posted:

Pretty sure one of the pipe weapons can use it? But yeah you end up with a fair amount.

Thanks, I missed that since I skipped pipe weapons entirely. Edit: I think it's still only single shot? Yeah bolt action only by the looks of it.

Capn Beeb posted:

That's what I'm talking about.

ubachung fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 25, 2015

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The minigun is seriously lovely and needs an upgrade like that.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Is there a list of perk IDs anywhere, or better yet a simple character/save editor that will let me change my perks around? mysterious stranger is super disappointing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

padijun posted:

Is there a list of perk IDs anywhere, or better yet a simple character/save editor that will let me change my perks around? mysterious stranger is super disappointing.

Just do "help _perkname_ 4"

then addperk or removerperk whatever id.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Internet Kraken posted:

So can someone explain to me how to launch Fallout 4 in a borderless window, using simple words an idiot can understand? See Fallout 4 doesn't support my monitor's resolution by default unlike every other Bethesda game. I know there's a way to get it to launch in a window at my resolution anyways, but it involves editing the ini files and what I've tried hasn't worked.

set your it to borderless windows (at any resolution) in the launcher options. Set your proper resolution in fallout4prefs.ini. Right click the .exe and disable DPI scaling. that's how I got borderless windows @ 1080p on my laptop.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

padijun posted:

Here's a list with all of the IDs: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Strudel Man posted:

God, yes. Rubble and skeletons. Need to be able to clean that up.

You can remove the skeletons easy at least, just open console, click skeleton, type "markfordelete" and the next time it loads the area the game should offload them.
Just make a save before you do it incase you miss click and delete something important.

I did this at the Starlight Drive in, where I built my main base and the place was just filled with the clanky fuckers.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
You can also use "disable" and it'll remove it instantly.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

we need a mod that will let us break the skeletons down for bones and their clothing/armor

yes, i do want to turn the remains of the long dead into oil

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

NecroMonster posted:

we need a mod that will let us break the skeletons down for bones and their clothing/armor

It's not like they need those bones anymore

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

NecroMonster posted:

Dunno why you can't collect them anyway, you can collect the whole skeletons of scientists at Vault 81.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Yeah that did the trick, thanks. I tried the perk help thing earlier but I think with perks with more than one word in the name the syntax gets complicated

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

padijun posted:

Yeah that did the trick, thanks. I tried the perk help thing earlier but I think with perks with more than one word in the name the syntax gets complicated

help "perk name" 0

simply put it into quotes

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It should really just tell you the actual numbers in the perk descriptions (there is an X% chance for the mysterious stranger to appear, an X-Y% chance for the enemy's weapon to backfire, etc). It's a bit like when payday 2 came out and some of the skills had numbers and others just had nebulous terms that didn't really let you know how useful they would actually be.

That would be a useful mod, if it's possible without the mod tools. Looking forward to the perk changes people come up with when the mod tools are out though. Right now a whole lot of them don't seem useful at all while I can't imagine playing without gun nut.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Coughing Hobo posted:

You can also use "disable" and it'll remove it instantly.

Disable command didn't do anything at all for me, that was the first i tried. The "disable" command only works on certain things now, and skeletons are not one of them.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 25, 2015

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It should really just tell you the actual numbers in the perk descriptions (there is an X% chance for the mysterious stranger to appear, an X-Y% chance for the enemy's weapon to backfire, etc). It's a bit like when payday 2 came out and some of the skills had numbers and others just had nebulous terms that didn't really let you know how useful they would actually be.

That would be a useful mod, if it's possible without the mod tools. Looking forward to the perk changes people come up with when the mod tools are out though. Right now a whole lot of them don't seem useful at all while I can't imagine playing without gun nut.

I gotta piggyback off this to explain how bad mysterious stranger is. I dunno, maybe I wasn't using it right? I use VATS all the time, but killing people in one shot probably stops it. I have 25 stranger appearances at level 46 while I was keeping it as high as I can. that's a loving joke. I'm not expecting him to show up and save my bacon every encounter, but showing up once every other level to attack a guy who ran behind a post is not worth the points

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Mysterious Stranger has never been a perk actually worth taking, it's mostly a window dressing that is fun when it happens. It didn't happen often if you picked it in the original Fallouts either.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, Mysterious Stranger was always more of a flavor perk.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mordaedil posted:

Mysterious Stranger has never been a perk actually worth taking, it's mostly a window dressing that is fun when it happens. It didn't happen often if you picked it in the original Fallouts either.

I don't know; I got it in Fallout 3 and I remember the stranger dropping by often and murdering the poo poo out of everything a lot with a certain regularity.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its not like luck isn't good enough in this game anyways. Being able to store crits is insanely good.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

duckfarts posted:

I don't know; I got it in Fallout 3 and I remember the stranger dropping by often and murdering the poo poo out of everything a lot with a certain regularity.

:shrug: In my game he just spawned once and then proceeded to miss and I decided the perk was a waste and lived with it. It never happened again either.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

MS appeared at every random encounter you got on the world map in classic Fallout but nowhere else.
It wasn't exactly useful since you could just max outdoorsman to skip encounters anyway.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Capn Beeb posted:

This is also good.

I wish you could convert the minigun to fire .50. poo poo, the three barrel slow spin upgrade is modeled after a .50BMG minigun.

At least then maybe I'd use the loving thing.
Yeah, the only way the miniguns are useful is if they are a good legendary drop. I have one that does 25% extra damage on top.

I want me an AR15 based rifle, what with the modding system in place you'd have more flexibility than the plasma weapons in vanilla game.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Falken posted:

Yeah, the only way the miniguns are useful is if they are a good legendary drop. I have one that does 25% extra damage on top.

I want me an AR15 based rifle, what with the modding system in place you'd have more flexibility than the plasma weapons in vanilla game.

I love how spacegun the assault rifle in game looks but with this upgrade system i'd love to see the goons from TFR who did that mod that just adds fucktons of guns from irl to new vegas come back for round 2.

lemme make a pipe minigun that's just a bunch of pipe assault rifles welded into a bike wheel that i crank or some poo poo, god drat. maybe then i'd have a use for .308

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

I love how spacegun the assault rifle in game looks but with this upgrade system i'd love to see the goons from TFR who did that mod that just adds fucktons of guns from irl to new vegas come back for round 2.

lemme make a pipe minigun that's just a bunch of pipe assault rifles welded into a bike wheel that i crank or some poo poo, god drat. maybe then i'd have a use for .308
Haha, that would be super.

Also, does the .50 sniper needs a huuuge buff or is it just me? A combat rifle chambered in .308 does more damage per shot than the .50, which seems off, despite having less stats on paper.

Why the Armor Piercing % isn't displayed, I don't know. Just give me back my NV ammo types, cunts.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Falken posted:

Haha, that would be super.

Also, does the .50 sniper needs a huuuge buff or is it just me? A combat rifle chambered in .308 does more damage per shot than the .50, which seems off, despite having less stats on paper.

Why the Armor Piercing % isn't displayed, I don't know. Just give me back my NV ammo types, cunts.

it does, which is why my weapon overhaul mod buffs the poo poo outta it.

I really wish I could change things other than damage and mag size though.

Link is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

I'd also like to plug this amazingly useful settlement mod right here. Lets you just sliiiightly merge two items together, which is a ridiculously useful help.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2683/

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Im excited for a more-pipeguns mod. I liked all of Metro 2033's bastard-like frankenweapons. It totally fits the fallout universe.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Im excited for a mod that adds legendary stuff to loot chests.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

it does, which is why my weapon overhaul mod buffs the poo poo outta it.

I really wish I could change things other than damage and mag size though.

Link is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

I'd also like to plug this amazingly useful settlement mod right here. Lets you just sliiiightly merge two items together, which is a ridiculously useful help.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2683/
Trying out your overhaul mod now, mainly for the bolt rifles buff and heavy weapons. :getin:

Also, yeah, I'd like to see more pipe weapons, but maybe cleaner made? And with the option of having real reflex sights added.

e: After just having a *huge* firefight near the end of the USS Constitution, questline, I think I know what I want in a difficulty mod.

Not one that makes the enemies into bulletsponges, but just simply adds more. There was a mod for FO3 that did this, by increasing enemy spawns by x2/x3/x4 etc depending on what you wanted. It was quite a thing to see 20 feral ghouls running towards you. The game can handle it for sure, as there's a few areas that are pretty enemy dense like one graveyard I wandered into that was chock full of ghouls.

e2: Here it is! http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1415/

Falken fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 25, 2015

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I got rid of the More Armor Slots mod and replaced it with the Extended Armorsmith mod, and now my companions all got out of their power armors and won't get back in, saying they can't get there even when I put the armor on flat ground. :(

Edit: Now they'll get back in, but they get right back out as soon as I dismiss them. What the hell :mad:

And Preston dumped his X-01 suit somewhere unfindable :argh:

Zodium fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 25, 2015

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Falken posted:

Trying out your overhaul mod now, mainly for the bolt rifles buff and heavy weapons. :getin:

Also, yeah, I'd like to see more pipe weapons, but maybe cleaner made? And with the option of having real reflex sights added.

e: After just having a *huge* firefight near the end of the USS Constitution, questline, I think I know what I want in a difficulty mod.

Not one that makes the enemies into bulletsponges, but just simply adds more. There was a mod for FO3 that did this, by increasing enemy spawns by x2/x3/x4 etc depending on what you wanted. It was quite a thing to see 20 feral ghouls running towards you. The game can handle it for sure, as there's a few areas that are pretty enemy dense like one graveyard I wandered into that was chock full of ghouls.

e2: Here it is! http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1415/

I would love to see that mod in FO4, but unfortunately haven't the faintest how to actually go about it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

I would love to see that mod in FO4, but unfortunately haven't the faintest how to actually go about it.

Someone else is going to make that mod anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Theres a spawn increaser for skyrim that apparently only used tesvedit to increase the spawns, might be something to look at? Since you are one of the more prolific early modders if you don't mind I think a quick rundown of what you are doing might be useful, it would be appreciated.

• Locked thread