Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zodium posted:

I got rid of the More Armor Slots mod and replaced it with the Extended Armorsmith mod, and now my companions all got out of their power armors and won't get back in, saying they can't get there even when I put the armor on flat ground. :(

Edit: Now they'll get back in, but they get right back out as soon as I dismiss them. What the hell :mad:

And Preston dumped his X-01 suit somewhere unfindable :argh:

Welcome to Dirty Editsville :smith:

Unfortunately you will likely have to roll back your save to a point before you used either mod, because More Armor Slots is a garbage mod that wrecks all sorts of values that are needed for the game to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

I would love to see that mod in FO4, but unfortunately haven't the faintest how to actually go about it.

On another note, missile damage is under explosions - explosionmissileshell in fovedit, I kind of assume you've found it allready but thought I would mention it.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

The minigun is seriously lovely and needs an upgrade like that.

Didn't use the minigun after the first mission you get one, til I got the ashmaker.

Didn't use that either, as walking back to goodneighbour with it I encountered a pair of legendary raiders who were just wrecking me over and over. Eventually managed to get the drop on them, turns out one had an exploding minigun. No wonder I was getting shredded. No need for the ashmaker now.

Currently looking forward to a mod which raises the height limit for settlements. When I finally decided to build something, I tried to make hangman's alley into kowloon walled city but it turns out you're incredibly limited there. Whereas the farm southwest of sanctuary will let me build higher than the goddamn pylon.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kea posted:

Theres a spawn increaser for skyrim that apparently only used tesvedit to increase the spawns, might be something to look at? Since you are one of the more prolific early modders if you don't mind I think a quick rundown of what you are doing might be useful, it would be appreciated.

Huh, neat! I took a quick looksee and didn't find anything that mentioned only using TESVEdit but I was never much into the Skyrim modding community. If you could find that mod I'd be very grateful.

In any event, I've made 8 mods for Fallout 4 available here.

The first few mods I made were pretty simple in scope. GMST edits mostly, changed basic stuff.

Carry Weight Modifications: the most popular mod I've made, for obvious reasons. Simple .esp mod to change your default carry weight. Slightly more interesting because you can also edit carry weight gained per level of strength too though.

No Fall Damage: Surprisingly, less popular than I thought it'd be. Does what it says on the tin.

Easy Lockpicking: Way more popular than I thought it'd be, this mod basically makes the sweet spot the entire lock, so you can just turn the pick and always succeed. Still need the perk to try and open the lock in question mind.

The rest are all slightly more ambitious.

The biggest mod I've made is Craftable Guns and Weapons, which does exactly what you think it does. Allows you to construct every non-unique firearm in the game at the chemistry station, under the "Weapons" subcategory. Alternately there's an "immersive" version that only lets you craft pipe weapons, the laser musket, the 44, and the double barrel. Gigantic pain in the rear end to make, bigger pain in the rear end to redo in FO4Edit, but I like to think it's pretty cool. I'm considering expanding this to include melee weapons. Ammunition too, but that might be uh, infringement of a sort? There are already two other mods that do that.

Customizable Power Armour and Jetpack Drain lets you customize the fusion core mechanic quite extensively. You can remove the drain entirely, or speed it up if you so desire (you madman/woman). Lots of options.

Customize Legendary Enemy Spawns: Unfortunately afflicted with an annoying bug that was only caught yesterday, this mod lets you determine the rate at which legendary enemies appear in your game. Quite customizeable, you can even remove legendary enemies altogether if you want. The abovementioned bug was just that one of the possible options, 10000x normal default spawning, was fairly bugged simply because it increased the rate too high. Nothing malicious or harmful.

Create Your Own Difficulty Rebalance: Probably needs to be renamed to something more attractive. Create Your Own Difficulty maybe? Either way, probably my favourite mod that I've worked on just because of how much customization you have. With two simple changes to how much damage you give and receive, you have so much more control over your gameplay experience than you would have otherwise. Really wish I knew of a way to get this to work for non-survival difficulties.

Finally, you have the Weapon Damage Overhaul which is an accurate if unexciting name. Overhauls weapon stats we have access to in the name of balance and fun. My current project, alongside increasing spawns.

Honestly there's not much I'm working on/researching now, the biggest thing I'm doing is finally getting past Dangerous Minds in game :P. Increasing Spawns is definitely a priority for me, but I just don't see how I can do it without scripts. Hence, if you have that Increased Spawns mod that was made in just TESVEdit on hand, I'd be hugely grateful.

Kea posted:

On another note, missile damage is under explosions - explosionmissileshell in fovedit, I kind of assume you've found it allready but thought I would mention it.

this is very convenient because I had yet to find this :P

Updating the mod asap

e: and updated, with a number of small balance changes as well

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Nov 25, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Huh, neat! I took a quick looksee and didn't find anything that mentioned only using TESVEdit but I was never much into the Skyrim modding community. If you could find that mod I'd be very grateful.

Glad to be useful, here is the mod I found, no idea at all how it works.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60028/

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone got anything to say about these two mods? Any FILTHY DIRTY EDITS

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1860/

I want to put Ballistic Weave on my poo poo, but i have to admit that the armor freedom the first one linked promises is very interesting.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Kea posted:

Glad to be useful, here is the mod I found, no idea at all how it works.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60028/

well I can see how they did it. Unfortunately it's a particularly painstaking and janky af method, they just edited literally every single cell and added more enemies by hand. For starters that'd take them forever, and it'd be a compatibility nightmare.

Will likely have to wait until script editing exists I'm afraid.

Dongattack posted:

Anyone got anything to say about these two mods? Any FILTHY DIRTY EDITS

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1860/

I want to put Ballistic Weave on my poo poo, but i have to admit that the armor freedom the first one linked promises is very interesting.

You'll note both say they were made with FO4edit so they're fine. It's using xSnip that caused problems.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

well I can see how they did it. Unfortunately it's a particularly painstaking and janky af method, they just edited literally every single cell and added more enemies by hand. For starters that'd take them forever, and it'd be a compatibility nightmare.

Can you not add custom scripts/edit scripts yet?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

The Iron Rose posted:

You'll note both say they were made with FO4edit so they're fine. It's using xSnip that caused problems.

Neat neat.

Edit: Extra spawns will be hilariously easy to mod once the GECK arrives if it's anything like the creation kit. Just have to tell the spawn template to spawn 2x, 5x, 10x, etc, doing it before that sounds very difficult.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i guess i am going to restart my game. been playing for 33 hours and cannot remember when i added the more armours mod. no idea where to go back to.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Kea posted:

Can you not add custom scripts/edit scripts yet?

Not as far as I'm aware. The Script Extender guys are doing some cool things but I'm just a MENA analyst who's taken a couple courses on codeacademy. I'm no software developer :v:

This one might have to wait until the SDK. Then again, I said the same thing about weapon crafting and look where we're at now.

VideoGames posted:

i guess i am going to restart my game. been playing for 33 hours and cannot remember when i added the more armours mod. no idea where to go back to.

at 33 hours you may as well at least try and rush through to the ending. It won't instantly destroy your save. It just might after awhile. If you're lucky any corruption will only hit things entirely unnoticeable. I wouldn't use that save to 100% the game or anything, but there's no need to entirely abandon it.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 25, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Not as far as I'm aware. The Script Extender guys are doing some cool things but I'm just a MENA analyst who's taken a couple courses on codeacademy. I'm no software developer :v:

This one might have to wait until the SDK. Then again, I said the same thing about weapon crafting and look where we're at now.

Looks like someone has managed to add some basic scripts to the game, however not sure if its worth trying something like increased spawns just yet, would need some stuff to go off.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

at 33 hours you may as well at least try and rush through to the ending. It won't instantly destroy your save. It just might after awhile. If you're lucky any corruption will only hit things entirely unnoticeable. I wouldn't use that save to 100% the game or anything, but there's no need to entirely abandon it.

well im not playing the main story at all. just having fun wandering so its no amazing loss. i can get the overseers guardian again if i need to. (that thing melts the beasties at swans pond and below the massachusetts state house!) so I guess no massive loss. it gives me a chance to properly start from the beginning with proper mods. i knew what i was getting in to

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

The Iron Rose posted:

Easy Lockpicking: Way more popular than I thought it'd be, this mod basically makes the sweet spot the entire lock, so you can just turn the pick and always succeed. Still need the perk to try and open the lock in question mind.

I really would want to use a mod that sort of just eliminates the minigame aspects of both lockpicking and hacking, but at the same time still leaves the final perk of their respective perk trees valuable. Would that require the toolset to make anything of?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Welcome to Dirty Editsville :smith:

Unfortunately you will likely have to roll back your save to a point before you used either mod, because More Armor Slots is a garbage mod that wrecks all sorts of values that are needed for the game to work.

Everything worked fine until I replaced it with the "not-garbage" alternative.

They'll get into power armor as long as they're my current companion, is there any way to make them just keep it on all the time?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

I really would want to use a mod that sort of just eliminates the minigame aspects of both lockpicking and hacking, but at the same time still leaves the final perk of their respective perk trees valuable. Would that require the toolset to make anything of?

some basic perk editing is definitely possible in fo4edit, worth a shot!

Kea posted:

Looks like someone has managed to add some basic scripts to the game, however not sure if its worth trying something like increased spawns just yet, would need some stuff to go off.

Not my area of expertise I'm afraid, but I'll definitely keep my eye out.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Man, i hope some modders will make some neat Gauss weapons sooner rather than later, it's by far my favorite weapon. Just the look, the feel, the sound and you can even suppress it. I want gauss handguns, miniguns, launchers, knives and underwear.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

All I want is an 50cal HMG so I can stand there and just Dakka dakka my way through everything. Make it nice and slow and really loud.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zodium posted:

Everything worked fine until I replaced it with the "not-garbage" alternative

Well yea once you turn off that .esp it reverts back to the old code in the .bsa and poo poo breaks hardcore, because all those values are zeroed out by the mod. While the mod is on, it will work fine, but once the core game files touch those values again in your savegame, wacky poo poo will happen and continue to happen until you rollback.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

I

The ASIS mod used some java magic and was the best spawn increaser I used for skyrim http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18436/

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Edit: NVM, I had no idea there was a slider for this. Holy poo poo.

Thronde fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 25, 2015

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

The Iron Rose posted:

it does, which is why my weapon overhaul mod buffs the poo poo outta it.

I really wish I could change things other than damage and mag size though.

Link is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/
I love that you're providing rationale and details on your changes. :allears: This is the most important thing for me when deciding whether to download overhaul mods.

Going to install this as soon as I get home. Hopefully my .50 sniper rifle will actually not be useless against supermutants now.

Also, would it be game-breaking to be able to craft legendary mods using rare materials? I really want explosive rounds on this thing like in FNV.

Edit:

VideoGames posted:

If you open your save files in a text or hex editor you can see the list of esp and esm files it references near the top of the file.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 25, 2015

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Michaellaneous posted:

All I want is an 50cal HMG so I can stand there and just Dakka dakka my way through everything. Make it nice and slow and really loud.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, i also can't loving wait for the direct import of Warhammer 40k weapons and space marine armor/paint jobs. Just load up my power armor with the fattest jetpack i can find, mod the power armor legs with that increase impact mod and just fly around stomping supermutants heads, ripping them apart with my chainsword, standing ontop of the commonwealth skyskrapers ripping into everything that moves with my heavy bolter screaming
PURGE THE XENO FILTH
VENERATE THE GOD EMPEROR
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INNOCENCE ONLY VARYING DEGREES OF GUILT
KNOW THE MUTANT, KILL THE MUTANT

at the top of my lungs irl until every cat in the house has broken in utter terror and are clawing at anything that looks like escape from this house of the emperors will at which point i will slowly rise from my my gamer chair in a fine mist of cheeto dust, lumber over to the cowering cats and say

"smells like heresy here"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dongattack posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, i also can't loving wait for the direct import of Warhammer 40k weapons and space marine armor/paint jobs. Just load up my power armor with the fattest jetpack i can find, mod the power armor legs with that increase impact mod and just fly around stomping supermutants heads, ripping them apart with my chainsword, standing ontop of the commonwealth skyskrapers ripping into everything that moves with my heavy bolter screaming
PURGE THE XENO FILTH
VENERATE THE GOD EMPEROR

at the top of my lungs irl until every cat in the house has broken in utter terror and are clawing at anything that looks like escape from this house of the emperors will at which point i will slowly rise from my my gamer chair in a fine mist of cheeto dust, lumber over to the cowering cats and say

Obliterating super mutant strongholds while wearing power armor feels oddly satisfying, much more so than dying to the same super mutants 6 times in a row because legendary suiciders loving suck.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 25, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Michaellaneous posted:

Fallout has never really had those unless you include Tactics (nobody does for whatever reason) or the Bozar's weirdness. Hell, there's only one machine gun that even uses 7.62s to begin with in the main series (Fallout 2's M60), everything else uses 5mm or 5.56.

5mm would make sense for minigun users if it was a separate caseless round to save weight but apparently it isn't

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

Fallout has never really had those unless you include Tactics (nobody does for whatever reason) or the Bozar's weirdness. Hell, there's only one machine gun that even uses 7.62s to begin with in the main series (Fallout 2's M60), everything else uses 5mm or 5.56.

And the FAL was 7.62. But I'm pretty sure that was just a Heat plugin because some dev decided he wanted to rock the FAL.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Well yea once you turn off that .esp it reverts back to the old code in the .bsa and poo poo breaks hardcore, because all those values are zeroed out by the mod. While the mod is on, it will work fine, but once the core game files touch those values again in your savegame, wacky poo poo will happen and continue to happen until you rollback.

Rolling back isn't an option. I haven't noticed anything wrong after a very large amount of hours running it, and the only side effect of changing it out seems to have been that companions now get out of power armor when I dismiss them.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Dongattack posted:

PURGE THE XENO FILTH
VENERATE THE GOD EMPEROR

Imho the BoS would work well for a full conversation to W40K.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Thronde posted:

And the FAL was 7.62. But I'm pretty sure that was just a Heat plugin because some dev decided he wanted to rock the FAL.

The FAL isn't really a machine gun unless you count the mag dump full auto mod for it, but since 7.62 was rare enough as it is nobody does.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Michaellaneous posted:

50 cals pfft. I wanna 20mm sniper rifle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XKeRjX9Vbs&t=49s

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
While I like the idea of a bunch of generic gun types and mods making them into all sorts of different configurations it feels like it falls flat since while I can make a .50 cal revolver it just doesn't feel like the goddamn Samaritan from hellboy, feels like its still shooting bbs through a garbage pipe.

The first mod I'd like is if you cut down hunting rifles and shotguns enough they should count as single shot pistols for the purpose of perk damage allocation. But still punch limbs and poo poo off and set peoples clothes on fire while they wildly and wackily recoil everywhere.

Also I'd love for a police shotgun that is basically a Remington 870.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 25, 2015

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Yeah, I was disappointed when I cut down my hunting rifle and it remained a rifle. I wanted an obrez damnit, and treating it like a rifle just doesn't feel right.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Short barreled Hunting Rifle with a short scope to look like Boba Fett's gun.

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
Hi The Iron Rose, I'm just letting you know your Weapon Rebalance mod works really well and I've not noticed any balance issues over the last 3/4 hours of play. Thanks!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is there already some sort of fast start that just allows me to make a character and start in post-nuke sanctuary?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Michaellaneous posted:

Is there already some sort of fast start that just allows me to make a character and start in post-nuke sanctuary?

This save will put you right at the Vault exit before you confirm your character so you can change whatever about them. As a dude, though. If you want a woman, click this one instead.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Can someone please mod a bow into Skyrim Fallout so I can sneakily shoot things with arrows. That's the main reason I play Bethesda games.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Obliterating super mutant strongholds while wearing power armor feels oddly satisfying, much more so than dying to the same super mutants 6 times in a row because legendary suiciders loving suck.

Shoot the bomb :shrug:

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Yeah, Mysterious Stranger was always more of a flavor perk.

A very delicious flavor perk. First time I picked it, I started the fight with an enemy you meet with in the main storyline. (Kellogg)

I hoped that my critical VATS headshot would do the guy in with my .44, but he still had a bit of life left. :gibs: Then lo and behold, the Mysterious Stranger comes up right behind the guy and takes him out. :eyepop:

It was soooo satisfying. I'm probably going to use it even on my melee character.

On another note Has anyone tried this Targeting HUD/Recon Scope on Glasses mod out yet? http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1

I kinda like the concept of the recon scope out on glasses but I heard there's some sort of hostility bug with the Targeting HUD from Power Armors and I'm not sure if anyone's made a fix for that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

kedo posted:

Can someone please mod a bow into Skyrim Fallout so I can sneakily shoot things with arrows. That's the main reason I play Bethesda games.

Depending on how close this is to skyrim this will either be easy when the GECK comes out or rather difficult. Animations are often an issue when it comes to stuff like this, depending how FO4 deals with them it may be possible to apply skyrims animation for bows to the character model, either way would probably be a lot of work.

• Locked thread