Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
We need more Let's Watches of fighting game anime adaptations.

Can't get enough of this Fatal Fury movie. Christ, '90s anime dubs were a hell of a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That barely made sense but y'all got me onboard, good job Matt.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
God, this movie was both great and terrible all at once.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
We'll probably do the first two FF ovas at some point, and watch both together, since the first one is like, 40 mins, and the second one is barely clocked in at an hour.

So, a few things! We started a game today, all four of us, which we assumed would be a quick one off, but it turned into a full LP, we finished it in one sitting.

It makes Devil's Third look like Bayonetta 2.

Also, Woolie and I finished Game of Thrones today as well. I wasn't really looking forward to it because this TT game has been super "meh" and the barely over an hour playtime of the last episode coupled with the fact that it bugged out and had no sound effects, left a sour taste in my mouth. But holy poo poo, we laughed harder at this one episode with all the stupid poo poo we made up than I can remember ever. Like, Woolie nearly died laughing at one point, and I just...it hurt to breath. Goddamn.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
As someone who doesn't know much about Fatal Fury other than Geese Howard is a evil bastard and Terry is the best, is this Let's Watch easy to grasp and watch?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Absolutely

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
The Fatal Fury Watch has me low-key hopeful that there'll someday be a watch of the Battle Arena Toshinden and/or Tekken schlock garbage flaming horseshit movies.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Monthly Saltybet sessions please

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Man this movie brings back memories. It always bugged me how Laocorn just goes and immediately gets himself killed at the end. Doesn't that just render Sulia's sacrifice completely pointless? Then again, didn't Sulia's sacrifice ultimately just help Mars come back to life? That was not a well thought out move on her part.

It's also a shame they never got to make a fourth movie with Geese back. Especially with the implication and just training alone in the woods for a couple of years made Geese strong enough to go toe to toe with a guy who just killed a god.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Although as great as the Saltybet video is holy gently caress the desync on it is more real than in any other video on the channel.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The best possible end to a Saltybet video :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Genetic Toaster posted:

My greatest contribution to society :allears:

You made that? Good work, it rules

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Naruto and Bleach and both better than One Piece.
Never has a man been more wrong

Like OP has had some slow arcs recently but it was fantastic for nearly 700 chapters

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

You made that? Good work, it rules
Never has a man been more wrong

Like OP has had some slow arcs recently but it was fantastic for nearly 700 chapters

OP spends most of its time, even in the good arcs, spinning it's wheels and not doing really much. Even to this day the few bits of actual story and character moments feel like long shot eventual set ups that 'Yeah maybe one day all this poo poo will be important!' and it hasn't delivered on really anything well, and I doubt it will any time soon because Oda doesn't seem to care too much about pacing or getting anywhere really.

Bleach on the other hand knows it's a big dumb punchman show and spends all it's time doing big dumb punchman poo poo with guys named poo poo like Grimmjow Jaegerwocks and Sterling Stabhappy. OP is someone teasing you along going 'No one day your fantastic meal will get here, promise!' and Bleach is someone shoving a Burgerking burger down your throat. Bleach is at least more honest about how poo poo it is.

Rodyle posted:

Although as great as the Saltybet video is holy gently caress the desync on it is more real than in any other video on the channel.

Yeah this is rather disappointing. Fun video though!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You sound like a guy who goes on boring adventures

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

You sound like a guy who goes on boring adventures

Yes I read One Piece. But no really One Piece whens its doing its goofy trying to be a fun adventure thing just kind of feels like Oda's trying and failing to be OG Dragon Ball style shenanigans and I just don't think it does that side of it particularly well, and the fights aren't exactly the best in the world so the one thing it's got that I kinda dig, the whole Shadow Pirate pseudo-government butting heads with real-rear end pirates and the World Navy/government could be fun but it doesn't deliver on a lot of that, at least at a pace I like. But enough anime talk, I finally dipped into the pay-for-view Best Friends world and many the next few days look pretty fun!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

Monthly Saltybet sessions please

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yes I read One Piece. But no really One Piece whens its doing its goofy trying to be a fun adventure thing just kind of feels like Oda's trying and failing to be OG Dragon Ball style shenanigans and I just don't think it does that side of it particularly well, and the fights aren't exactly the best in the world so the one thing it's got that I kinda dig, the whole Shadow Pirate pseudo-government butting heads with real-rear end pirates and the World Navy/government could be fun but it doesn't deliver on a lot of that, at least at a pace I like. But enough anime talk, I finally dipped into the pay-for-view Best Friends world and many the next few days look pretty fun!

The story is about luffy, not the rest of the world. That is optional side content to the strawhat's main game, for a game comparison. If you don't like the strawhats, you're not going to like one piece. Like, you're usopp confronting Rayleigh asking him to explain the void century and poneglyphs and poo poo straight up, which is missing the point.

Saying noted Bad Series bleach and naruto are better than one piece is nutso crazy talk dude. Hyperbole is all well and good but one piece at least has a steady flow to it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There are a lot of problems with OP. A LOT. Between that and the length I currently can't recommend anyone starting it as is, maybe in 15 years when it's all come together.

But gently caress man, it's not Bleach or Naruto.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Saltybet is great. If they keep it up, they might even eventually learn how to bet.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Just started with the Let's Watch. Do guys drink wine with pizza? Are they from Beyond: Two Souls?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

PiedPiper posted:

Just started with the Let's Watch. Do guys drink wine with pizza? Are they from Beyond: Two Souls?

They're French.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Should I look forward to everyone eating crow extra hard for saying all the previewers making GBS threads on Devil's Third just didn't know how to play the game correctly and it may wind up like God Hand or Devil May Cry?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

A good poster posted:

Should I look forward to everyone eating crow extra hard for saying all the previewers making GBS threads on Devil's Third just didn't know how to play the game correctly and it may wind up like God Hand or Devil May Cry?

Not quite, the game has problems for sure. But man, it would have gotten high 8's and 9's back on the OG Xbox or PS2.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They should get uber hamster hop on more, he's got some fun stuff to say and calls out pat when he rants

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dias posted:

Man, part 3 of Mirror's Edge is literally "gently caress ELEVATORS gently caress THEM".

That's not a wrong opinion to hold.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Elevators suck . Basically loading screen window dressing.

They sucked in Mass Effect, they sucked in Mirrors Edge.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I liked the elevator window dressing in Mirror's Edge. They're obviously loading screens, but it feels less disconnected.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

target has in-store pick-up on mad max for $25 for those of who you never pulled the trigger on that

http://www.target.com/p/mad-max-playstation-4/-/A-15177870#prodSlot=_1_25

http://www.target.com/p/mad-max-xbox-one/-/A-15177873#prodSlot=_1_26

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

meanwhile if you want it on PC it was down to $20 on like bundlestars or something and will probably hit $20 on steam today too.

edit: Today's the start of the fall steam sale.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A good poster posted:

why is strangers being proven wrong such a big deal to you

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Depths posted:

They should get uber hamster hop on more, he's got some fun stuff to say and calls out pat when he rants

Yeah, he fits the podcast dynamic perfectly and if it wasn't for Skype delay would possibly be more on point in shutting down Pat rants with zingers than Liam

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Stop recommending Eiken, Woolie/Liam

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

It's going to be $20 with the GCU discount at Best Buy starting tomorrow and I'm thinking about getting it at that price...along with about 8 other games from two other stores to add to my backlog. Oh, and I just bought the Bloodborne DLC and now Sony put Rocket League on sale so now I HAVE to get that too.

I'm like a woman at a shoe store sale with video game sales and probably need help. :cripes:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

HOLY poo poo FRIDAY NIGHT SALTYBET
Got a link to it? I'm not seeing it anywhere, not on Vessel either.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

Got a link to it? I'm not seeing it anywhere, not on Vessel either.

Friday Night Saltybet

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm glad I got to witness Saltybet at its peak before monetization got introduced, even if it meant plenty of bullshit matches.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Like when they introduced Pet Shop from JoJo's and it went unbeaten for weeks because it's hitbox was so small and could fly.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man I could listen to these two talk about level design like this forever. Sand of Time had such a good finale.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Like when they introduced Pet Shop from JoJo's and it went unbeaten for weeks because it's hitbox was so small and could fly.

I totally wasn't around for that and mostly tuned in week in week out so I have no excuses.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saltybet was much better when every fight was just bullshit vs. bullshit and you had no idea what would happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Andrast posted:

Saltybet was much better when every fight was just bullshit vs. bullshit and you had no idea what would happen.

a saltybet moment I'll never forget is when an anime girl with flashing lights, a warning signal, constant particle effects, and a sword went up against banshee from the xmen

every single person bet all of their money on the anime girl and it turned out she was a lemon and didn't actually have any AI