Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark Knight 3 #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Wait, that's not an edit?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"It's satire" :smug:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Frank Miller's back??

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Some people think that's a sound to indicate sobbing, I suppose.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dark Knight 3 #1

Batman has been replaced with the Ice Cream Bunny.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Gavok posted:

Batman has been replaced with the Ice Cream Bunny.

"Daaaaark Knight Batmaaaan,
The Daaaark Knight Batmaaaan,
He's Veeeery Daaaaark,
And heeee's a BATMAAAAN!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cangelosi posted:

"Daaaaark Knight Batmaaaan,
The Daaaark Knight Batmaaaan,
He's Veeeery Daaaaark,
And heeee's a BATMAAAAN!"

This is a good post and I like it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dark Knight 3 #1

:stonk:
I...I mean, I was expecting Frank to still be completely loving bonkers, but...woooooow.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Frank has very little to do with this.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I think that's supposed to be Batman panting after beating up a whole bunch of people, but even having read the issue I can't tell you for sure what that is, even with context.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Frank has very little to do with this.

He's basically disowned it as Azzarello's fanfic, right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I get what the writer was going for, but ... uh - yeah? You probably should listen to the guy with only 6 fingers when he tells you to watch your hands near the buzzsaw.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Squirrelgirl2

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I try to limit the times I get all Comic Book Guy but theres 2 things wrong with that-

-Reverse GIS tells me that comic came out in 2010. By 2010 there had been five Robins. Everybody ignores Stephanie so that's not really surprising.

-In 2010 every single Robin was alive and well, most of them having grown into new, adult superhero identities of their own. Jason had already died and came back and Stephanie (who Wally is completely ignoring anyway) was revealed to have never actually died in the first place, and was starring as Batgirl in her own solo series.

So if 'gone through' four Robins meant "led four Robins through their sidekick-phase into unique, developed young adults, while currently raising my own son as the fifth", then yeah, sure, sick burn, Wally.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That comic is way older than 2010. Black Lightning and "Red Arrow" Roy in the JLA tell me it's Dwayne MacDuffie's run or thereabouts which was 2005ish.

Right about when Batman was in peak "I go it alone sidekicks were a mistake" jackass mode before Infinite Crisis gave him a rejiggering, so both the perspective that Wally is right to get indignant and that Batman actually does have a point about sidekicks at that specific point in time hold water.

Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012

Context: he wanted Spider-Man to do it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Fuckstick Electric posted:

Context: he wanted Spider-Man to do it.

Beats waiting for the elevator.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Male Man posted:

Beats waiting for the elevator.

Nah. He just wanted to catch a cab.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nah. He just wanted to catch a cab.

Sounds like the cab caught him.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Soviet Russia joke.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So to get the bad taste of Frank out of our brains, I was gonna post a panel of Groot #6....but I can't pick one. It's cover to cover awesome.

Oh wait, I got one. Basically, Groot and Rocket have a list of suggestions of things to do on Earth they got from the rest of the Guardians, and, well, Gamora and Drax gonna Gamora and Drax.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, Groot is really pounding that clam.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well yeah Groot's a Clam-pounder

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
He pounded it with his big wood.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm torn between posting the fight on the next page or adorably awkward Teen Cyclops trying to flirt with Jean.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I mean drat, he got his WHOLE HAND into that clam. It's really shocking.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

SilverSupernova posted:

I'm torn between posting the fight on the next page or adorably awkward Teen Cyclops trying to flirt with Jean.

Teen Cyclops.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

DrProsek posted:

I think that's supposed to be Batman panting after beating up a whole bunch of people, but even having read the issue I can't tell you for sure what that is, even with context.

Yeah, I just looked at the issue and, uh......I think it's even less coherent than DKR2 was. I mean...that's supposed to be Carrie in the suit? And is this still supposed to be the future? Because why are Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly on TV? I mean, Bill O'Reilly feeds on suffering and is effectively immortal as a result, I get that, but....

Does being in close proximity to Frank just suck the sanity from you? Is Frank Miller a Great Old One???

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Yeah, I just looked at the issue and, uh......I think it's even less coherent than DKR2 was. I mean...that's supposed to be Carrie in the suit? And is this still supposed to be the future? Because why are Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly on TV? I mean, Bill O'Reilly feeds on suffering and is effectively immortal as a result, I get that, but....

Does being in close proximity to Frank just suck the sanity from you? Is Frank Miller a Great Old One???

No, but I assume he has a contract with one, hence his rapidly deteriorating physical form despite all claims that he's not got cancer or any other terminal illness.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Alcoholism can be a terminal illness if you do it hard enough, and it looks a lot like Frank Miller does now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In a picture they used of him and Azz for an ad you could just see that he even has a cane now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

In a picture they used of him and Azz for an ad you could just see that he even has a cane now.

Better than the wheelchair he was being pushed around in last year.

Funny pics.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ok, here's the asked for dorky teen Cyclops from Groot #6.

One thing I really loved about this issue is that it ties up the long-standing plot hole regarding Groot's first appearance in Marvel as, well...

An evil Ent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

One thing I really loved about this issue is that it ties up the long-standing plot hole regarding Groot's first appearance in Marvel as, well...

An evil Ent.

I'm pretty sure they tied up the Evil Groot plot in the Annihilators backup several years ago.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure they tied up the Evil Groot plot in the Annihilators backup several years ago.

They did that all while tearing open a brand new plot hole of all the stuff Groot did that relied on him being the monarch of Planet X and receiving a royal education and such.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Propers to the artist for nailing Crispin Glover's neurotic hunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Don't leave us hanging, dawg! Does he move him or not?